Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1959 (isolation #0) » Sun May 31, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Isis »

Knightmare asked my opinion of this setup, for I don't know why.

This setup looks balanced to me. It leans in heavily on modwifom but not in any sort of malicious way. Something like Tracker against three Ninja Mafia would qualify as "normal bastard", playing one of the ends of the WIFOM of how many millers a given setup will include (with or without cops present) is not bastard. Both ends of the spectrum have to be exercised.

It can be unpalatable to be on the butt-end of that process in any particular game, that's one of the very reasons I'm not in the normal queue often. But it seems unremarkable that this passed NRG and doesn't represent much of a break from NK15 generally designing his setups well (it definitely wouldn't be my least favorite among his designs).

I think Miller itself is the outlier in being the highest WIFOM role currently permitted in normals, which is why I'd like to see them go, but if they are to stay then they should continue to be used dynamically in a way where player expectations can be thwarted.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”