He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6175 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1962, Alchemist21 wrote:
@Auro
Last game we played, when someone pushed you you would poke holes in their scumread by asking them questions that would show they didn’t have a solid case. It’s like you wanted them to think through the line of logic themselves to see that they were wrong and to me it would come off as scum you acting like “you can’t catch me because you don’t have a good case.” I’m not really seeing that from you this game as much as you just bluntly shooting down suspicion of you. Why is that?
In post 1964, Auro wrote:I would bluntly shoot down your suspicion by denying I'm doing that :P

I can see why you get that feeling, and you're partly correct - but my tone should be expected to differ when I'm pushing back suspicion from slots I'm strongly townreading, versus when I feel disingenuity and use the push as a springboard to scumhunt the slot pushing me (where the Socratic method is very useful). The sample size here is 2: Vecna and ML. In Vecna's case, I *did* ask him a bunch of question aimed at re-evaluation; but I assign a higher degree of criticality (and information from experience) to his reading me, and townread him. In ML's case, I both strongly townread her, and had much lesser patience to start with, thus leading to a very direct "shooting down" style of defense.
In post 1966, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1964, Auro wrote:I would bluntly shoot down your suspicion by denying I'm doing that :P

I can see why you get that feeling, and you're partly correct - but my tone should be expected to differ when I'm pushing back suspicion from slots I'm strongly townreading, versus when I feel disingenuity and use the push as a springboard to scumhunt the slot pushing me (where the Socratic method is very useful). The sample size here is 2: Vecna and ML. In Vecna's case, I *did* ask him a bunch of question aimed at re-evaluation; but I assign a higher degree of criticality (and information from experience) to his reading me, and townread him. In ML's case, I both strongly townread her, and had much lesser patience to start with, thus leading to a very direct "shooting down" style of defense.
I can see that.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6176 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 4030, Alchemist21 wrote:Maybe I was wrong to doubt Auro. This is looking pretty Towny from him.
And at this point I started Townreading Auro.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6177 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Nero, Jesus christ you’re so thick headed. Someone you think is scum hinted that they will deal with Pisskop. That is why I backed off from pushing Pisskop and went to 5G, someone I had been scumreading the entire Game and made it very clear I suspected.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6178 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and again, gobble won't look bad unless oka is scum. That was the
ENTIRE
purpose of my post, to point out why I was scum reading those 3. Hence why it has Nahdia, gobble and Oka reasoning. It feels a bit slippish that you are saying that gobble will look bad b/c I included an oka post. This feels very agenda-driven and you are prob chainsaw defending a buddy or 2.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6179 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 6114, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6102, CheekyTeeky wrote:Nero why aren't you scumreading me?
im scum reading everyone. I'm p sure that im the only town here. There's also only 3 scum (5 if u count the 2 infected.) I kinda already laid out my thoughts in VOTE: 6046. V stupid q.
lol at the post link fail
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6180 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

what value that adds to the game
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6181 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 6158, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 6095, davesaz wrote:This game feels a lot like there are enough people acting anti-town enough that scum are having an easy time of hiding within the
reasonable
people.

I think a good FL wagon will be revealing.
VOTE: Flavor Leaf
What would an FL wagon reveal, O rational one?
Kinda defeats the purpose to say why.
What do you think about it?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6182 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 6178, Nero Cain wrote:It feels a bit slippish that you are saying that gobble will look bad b/c I included an oka post.
If you are continuing to say this then you are willfully misrepping my argument because I have made it crystal clear what I was saying.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6183 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 6177, gobbledygook wrote:Nero, Jesus christ you’re so thick headed. Someone you think is scum hinted that they will deal with Pisskop. That is why I backed off from pushing Pisskop and went to 5G, someone I had been scumreading the entire Game and made it very clear I suspected.
He’s not thick headed, just scum.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6184 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 6167, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 6165, Nero Cain wrote:The whole thing is Alch is saying that gobble will look bad b/c I added in a oka quote. Why does gobble look bad unless oka is scum?
I’m not though. I’m saying you wanted to make Gobble look bad with his posts, and the oka post is in there because you thought it was one of gobble’s posts.
I can see scum trying to shove words into Nero's mouth.
I don't see a reason for town to push this angle.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6185 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6183, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 6177, gobbledygook wrote:Nero, Jesus christ you’re so thick headed. Someone you think is scum hinted that they will deal with Pisskop. That is why I backed off from pushing Pisskop and went to 5G, someone I had been scumreading the entire Game and made it very clear I suspected.
If this is scum Nero he’s massively improved his scum play in a very short amount of time and I really don’t think that’s the case. I think he’s just town and this is typical tunnel Nero that was yelled at to oblivion by Fonz and Titus when he incorrectly scumread them and wouldn’t let it go
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6186 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6181, davesaz wrote:
In post 6158, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 6095, davesaz wrote:This game feels a lot like there are enough people acting anti-town enough that scum are having an easy time of hiding within the
reasonable
people.

I think a good FL wagon will be revealing.
VOTE: Flavor Leaf
What would an FL wagon reveal, O rational one?
Kinda defeats the purpose to say why.
What do you think about it?
How 3D chess of you. I'm kinda calling BS on you getting anything meaningful out of a lurker!FL wagon.

Are you sitting on that wagon just to see what happens or do you have cause to suspect FL already?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6187 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Gobbles reads town.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6188 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Nero isn't making the strongest arguments but I like that he's pushing his angles. Alchemist seems town though I'm unmoved by Auro's self-justification of his weird behaviour early game.
Why is this game so quiet...
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6189 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6185, gobbledygook wrote:
If this is scum Nero he’s massively improved his scum play in a very short amount of time and I really don’t think that’s the case. I think he’s just town and this is typical tunnel Nero that was yelled at to oblivion by Fonz and Titus when he incorrectly scumread them and wouldn’t let it go
This isn’t a comment that Nero couldn’t, can’t, or doesn’t have the capability to improve I just think that most people cannot change their scum play like that at the drop of a hat
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6190 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 6184, davesaz wrote:
In post 6167, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 6165, Nero Cain wrote:The whole thing is Alch is saying that gobble will look bad b/c I added in a oka quote. Why does gobble look bad unless oka is scum?
I’m not though. I’m saying you wanted to make Gobble look bad with his posts, and the oka post is in there because you thought it was one of gobble’s posts.
I can see scum trying to shove words into Nero's mouth.
I don't see a reason for town to push this angle.
Nero is shoving words into my mouth, not the other way around.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6191 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 6185, gobbledygook wrote:
He did a pretty good job in the Mini Normal I finished with him recently.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6192 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

nero find me the case on flavor that im recycling arguments from?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6193 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

because i really really doubt i can be recylcing arguments when a core element is pisskop confirming he is infected
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6194 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6185, gobbledygook wrote:I think he’s just town and this is typical tunnel Nero that was yelled at to oblivion by Fonz and Titus when he incorrectly scumread them and wouldn’t let it go
You're no better than me and prob even worse considering that you tried to help the scum team in doubles and you lymched not piss yeterday. You have no room to rag on my game. Titus is a poor player in general that pushed a ton of town and was only correct on like 1 or 2 scum reads b/c they voted her. Ditto Fonz

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6195 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6194, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6185, gobbledygook wrote:I think he’s just town and this is typical tunnel Nero that was yelled at to oblivion by Fonz and Titus when he incorrectly scumread them and wouldn’t let it go
You're no better than me and prob even worse considering that you tried to help the scum team in doubles and you lymched not piss yeterday. You have no room to rag on my game. Titus is a poor player in general that pushed a ton of town and was only correct on like 1 or 2 scum reads b/c they voted her. Ditto Fonz
It’s not a comment on how good you are Nero. It’s a comment on your playstyle
I’ve never once called you a bad player. You’re a tunneler. I just accept that fact when I see your name on the list and try not to get bothered by it
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6190, Alchemist21 wrote:Nero is shoving words into my mouth, not the other way around.
you're the one that's claiming that was all about gobble when it wasn't. How is that NOT putting words in my mouth or being a revisionist and putting a spin on my post?

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

actually the fact that nero can easily verify if i indeed am recyling arguments but isn't doing it, even though he has proclaimed he isn't entire sure about it, and he is kinda just generating his solve from there i think just means its a50/flavor/nero + pisskop/alch or something
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

like there is town laziness which is more apathetic and going with the flow and then there is purposefully misguided detective work, even if i did recycle arguments, nero could just post that in thread instead idk whatever this is
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

+nero is missing the point of lynching infected/group scum, like there is a very good reason to lynch confirmed infected right now and he isn't bringing up because i doubt he is town and thought about the primary reason why we would lynch infected, instead he is just saying lynch confirmed scum, when the argument against it clearly is that infected don't infect, only og group scum which is why people weren't lynching piss

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”