False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1511 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:02 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1509, notscience wrote:I was really disappointed you weren’t in the dead pt bc I wanted to talk with you about the game
I was in there! I just didn't have much to say. :P
In post 1509, notscience wrote:Was the setup townsided
Quite the opposite; if this setup had a lean any way, it'd be towards being scumsided.

Standard PR balance in a mini normal is 3-4 moderately strong town roles, versus an all-goon scumteam.

This setup had one strong role, maaaaaaaayyyybe two/three if you consider 1x bulletproof 1x watcher to be a strong role (I'd say it's moderate due to its gates) and/or the 1x weak follower to be a strong role (I'd say it's moderate-at-best since it is most definitively weaker than a 1x cop due to the ambiguity AND even with success requiring self-sacrifice); the jailkeeper was the only full ungated role in the game, the only strong town PR in the game.

1x Voyeurs counterclaim each other, all the town's investigatives are one-shot, and unless the jailkeeper gets a killstop twice or once plus the bp, the town doesn't actually get anything out of a failed kill (as shown the final night, where shooting the BP did not give the town an extra lynch and put them in mylo).

The jailkeeper also notably has strong anti-synergy with said oneshot roles. Oneshot roles do not get their shot back if roleblocked by the jailkeeper--imagine if the 1x weak follower visited scum, but was jailkept. Imagine if the jailkeeper jailkept the watcher action. Or the voyeur actions.

The game had five town PRs against one scum PR, but the town PRs were nooooooooot stronger ones. They were most definitively weaker ones.

There is a perfect storm where the game does become townsided in execution, sure--the weak follower gets a 100% completely and entirely unambiguous guilty; the watcher gets a guilty; from these guilties, two scum die and then the jailkeeper's jailkeep acts as a cop action due to only one scum left. But it requires precisely that; a perfect storm of literally everything going right, whereas there's multiple perfect storms for the scum; there's any number of ways the jailkeeper fucks with the entirety of the rest of the town's night actions, the weak follower not breadcrumbing properly can lead to a wild goose chase, etc.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”