Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2426 (isolation #200) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2418, Umlaut wrote:Thanks for playing, everyone! I was really happy to see this game go to down to the final 3 and I felt like everyone played to the best of their ability and never gave up. It was a pleasure to mod this.
Thank you for modding! It was a really fun game
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2427 (isolation #201) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2422, mavsfan41 wrote:But before I do:
@VP: you pointed to my poor voting record and god awful reads... Gamma, Dunn, and VP, very well played!
I was definitely exaggerating your record to try and survive. I think you actually gave a lot of helpful analysis . I was listing you as a town read all game because that is what I would have done if I was town.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2431 (isolation #202) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2430, midwaybear wrote:I thought mavs was potentially scum over you even in LYLO
I take back every bad thing I ever said about you.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2439 (isolation #203) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2434, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Scum team: why did you kill me? I wasn't really "on the mark" really.
Honestly, just your unpredictability! It was making it harder to control the flow of the day and I didn't feel like I was going to be able to get you mislynches, so it made sense to take you off the board as we were getting closer to endgame. Could have been a mistake, as lots of people seemed to have disagreed!
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2444 (isolation #204) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Umlaut, are you able to open the review PT? I'd like to see it.

I still don't quite understand the balance. I think our roles definitely implied the possibility of a tracker (since we had to declare the specific killer), but claiming a doc as Puppy suggests would have been a move that MAYBE bought one day. I sort of assumed there had to be some kind of actual protective role out there, so it would have forced a 1v1 to fake it. It felt like a bit of a red herring to me and the scum team couldn't do much to protect against town PRs.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2451 (isolation #205) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2448, Umlaut wrote:I can't personally unlock the review, but I've posted in the thread saying it can be unlocked.

Honestly I thought the implication with three Strongmen would be that there
wasn't
any sort of protective role. It would be a bit mean to give someone a role like Doctor if they couldn't actually heal anyone -- the sort of thing that's more fun for the mod than it is for the player. The intention with three Strongmen was just to signal that you had zero risk of a kill failing.
With the N4 vig, I considered there could be doc, but whose only power would be to prevent a bad vig kill on a single night. Kind of fit with the weakened PR theme.
dead Blair wrote:You're right, however, that power roles can sometimes behave in ways that make my scum-o-meter go berserk.
most ironic post goes to :P

I'm surprised folks in the dead thread had such a strong reaction to me not L-1ing Dunn when we only had very few posts at that point in the day. I really thought people would see it as super scummy if I allowed him to self hammer at that point. I don't even remember if everyone had even posted in the day at that point!
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (isolation #206) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2449, Nauci wrote:
In post 2425, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2423, mavsfan41 wrote:@VP: the night you took out R2R I was sooo intrigued how you’d play that scenario. Whether you’d kill the tracker or opt to kill hellbooks and argue R2R fake claimed tracker. I figured there was a decent chance you’d do that (50/50) where the more obvious choice is to kill the tracker. That’s why I did tag R2R, to potentially get R2R if he was fake claiming and claimed he tracked me. But realized if he was fake claiming, he would’ve just said he tracked you and you killed hellbooks. Did killing hellbooks over R2R and trying to say R2R was fake claiming in lylo cross your mind of how to play that? I was kinda terrified of a scenario where R2R was going to survive to lylo basically being cleared from day 3 onward.
The thought did cross my mind to try to say he was faking tracker, but it felt like I had lower odds of convincing you on that than maybe swaying hellbrooks. Would you have actually been suspicious of r2r?

I do think the setup was maybe a little unbalanced! I need to read that review thread after work.

And I totally agree with you that we goofed with the Nauci kill over Blair! Blair's copping was a huge setback for us early in the game.
It was like my first game where I got to be VT in soooooooo loooooong

Am mad about being the n1 kill still
I think you would have been dangerous to have around later in the game. You were pretty rational and honing in on Gamma.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2456 (isolation #207) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Totally. I think we kept saving r2r to deal with "later" and that bit us in the butt. Had he not been a PR, I think it would have worked out as a strategy, but oh well!
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (isolation #208) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Thanks for sharing! Interesting we almost didn't have daytalk as an oversight haha.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”