ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:23 am

Post by ting =) »

post 794 was made by me.
Yes. I didn't mention it to say it was mine, I mentioned it because I don't like it. It's vague, misses my question, and it's eading in that implies that I'm not scumhunting.
Incidentally, just because you say this is merely semantics, does not make it so. Greasy claimed that IAAUN was repeatedly misrepresenting him, but was not able to provide a single example.
They interpreted each others words differently. I call it semantics because I don't think either of them misrepresented the other, I think they misunderstood each other. This was my impression as I read through, and I'm fairly sure I can find stuff to quote if you want me to.
Again,
the manner in which he dropped his vote does not indicate stubbornness to me.
After all, don't stubborn people tend to stick to their arguments through hell and high water?
Please.
He continually voted IAU, and he did that for nearly most of the first day. He made it very clear IAU was his first choice, and everyone made it clear that IAU was not going to get lynched. So, he did the logical thing and compromised. Lynching doesn't involve bullheadedly going for your first choice, it's about coming to a consensus with the rest of the town.

So... if he had kept on tunneling IAU, you would have believed he was town? You're suspicious of him because he didn't tunnel? I think he was stubborn, yes, but not stupid.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:28 am

Post by ting =) »

fonz wrote:How does this include any explanation of the dropping of the vote on someone he's voted five times? The constant revoting indicates a strong belief IAAUN is scum. That he switches to someone else without even feeling the need to justify moving off the person he's been hounding for most of the day indicates that the attacks on IAAUN were not genuine.

I've seen plenty of occasions where someone's been convinced of another player's scumminess- where it's come from a town player, I've never seen the poster in question not at least try to explain why they have dropped the suspicion they held with such certainty.
So, it's plain for all to see that you NEVER pointed out that Greasy Spot justified his actions, it's also the case that he did, in fact, only give reasons for switching off IAAUN after I specifically pressed him on the matter. So who's the liar again?

I have below the post in which he unvoted IAAUN. Care to point out the reasoning he gives for switching from Iam?
Sure!
ting's post 766 in reply to when fonz's earlier day1 question wrote:
[snip because not relevant to this discussion]

@fonz.
reasons which gs gave when asked why he switched his vote wrote:Well obviously it seems like no one else holds the same feelings about iamausername as I do so my single vote won't do much good.
This is why I didn't like 794. You either missed this, or you're deliberately lying about the, 'gs never gave reasons for unvoting.'
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:28 am

Post by ting =) »

ebwop(800):
I mentioned it because I don't like it. It's vague, misses my question, and it's eading in that implies that I'm not scumhunting.
This was talking about 797, not 794.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Muerrto »

So did anyone have a case on
me
and not Vamp?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Muerrto wrote:So did anyone have a case on
me
and not Vamp?
translation: waaa i'm gonna get lynched even though i think i'm playing a great game
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Muerrto »

roflcopter wrote:
me
and not Vamp?
translation: waaa i'm gonna get lynched even though i think i'm playing a great game
Translation: dude, you're a dick. Period. You've been an ass all game to everyone and I pray I never end up in a game with you again.

Being a mason does NOT make you right. I asked for a case, not your immature pre-prubescent crap.

If you don't HAVE a case, shut up and let the big boys talk.

I'm a townie. I'm vanilla. Believe that or don't.

I can't speak for Vamp's actions because I'm not Vamp.

He didn't do anything scummy he did everything noob because *shock* he's a noob.

He lurked, he voted whoever the town was voting. Can I explain his actions? No. Because I'm not him.

Now, if you can name something I'VE done that's scummy BESIDES the mason thing which is NOT scummy when you've got a case.

Otherwise you're all just lynching someone at random under weak pretenses and hurting the town's chances.

If someone feels like posting something intelligent I'll be glad to respond to it. But I won't be responding to this crap here any more. Rofl is either 10 or lonely and it's old, really old.

What you do, is take away from the enjoyment we're all sposed to be getting out of playing this GAME. Rule # 15. Try and follow it next time you play.

You guys can lynch me or replace me, your choice. And no that's not a plea to emotion, it's the straw breaking my back.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Muerrto and roflcopter have been warned for their last two posts. Please remember Rule 15. This a game for everyones enjoyment.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well fridge :).
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 12

Muerrto
- (5) {Korts, strife220, StrangerCoug, roflcopter, forbiddanlight}

Korts - (1) {armix}

Not Voting: {Muerrto, orangepenguin, Iron Man, ting =), silence, The Fonz, Battle Mage}.

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Prods have gone out to Battle Mage and silence.
Last edited by Rogueben on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

The mod's right, though. Both of them went too far here, and I don't like those posts at all. roflcopter has reduced himself to being childish, and Muertto... ugh xP Somebody other than the mod who can think right now explain how #805 is scummy.

FoS: roflcopter
Confirm vote: Muerrto
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by armlx »

Rofl is p much confirmed town. This is worthless.

I also forgot GS completely dodged my question when I asked him what "standard armlx scum play" was.

Strong FoS Ting
, with possible vote moving later.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by silence »

Rogueben wrote:Evidently the local serial killer Sun Tzu decided that iamusername looked like someone who was easy prey. Having stabbed him in the back iamusername turned around and clobbered Sun Tzu in the head with a leadpipe.
Is this just flavor or does the mod give away who killed who?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:03 am

Post by Korts »

It's flavor, and it's game-relevant, so the answer is both, I guess.
scumchat never die
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 am

Post by Muerrto »

StrangerCoug wrote:The mod's right, though. Both of them went too far here, and I don't like those posts at all. roflcopter has reduced himself to being childish, and Muertto... ugh xP Somebody other than the mod who can think right now explain how #805 is scummy.

Actually can you explain why 805 is scummy instead of insinuating it is and asking others to do it?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:29 am

Post by strife220 »

me
and not Vamp?
That's an irrelevant question if I've ever heard one. By replacing into the game you take on all the actions of your predecessor. You can't be expected to explain his behaviour, but we can't be expected to ignore it.

Yes, we know Roflcopter is suffering from 'god-like due to immunity' syndrome. Just ignore him like everyone else.

#805 is way over the top, and Muerrto is behaving irrationally. Whether it's a scum-tell in and of itself is up to interpretation, but I certainly don't think it's a town tell.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

My first ever game on this site, I replaced Muerrto after he blew up due to being attacked based on a terrible case by a newbie player.

He was scum there, but I didn't feel the explosion was due to alignment. Same here.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Korts »

I don't consider flipping out at rofl a scumtell, because I can understand it, though I can also understand rofl to a certaing extent. What strife pointed out, however, is a pretty solid indication of the Vamp-IAUN connection.
scumchat never die
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hmmm. Maybe. Except that he was still well outnumbered. I see a different connection there- with the majority of opinions expressed for a Vamp vigging, IAAUN's voice alone wasn't going to change things if the vig was inclined to follow the herd. I'm more inclined to theorise that username was trying to distance himself BOTH from his partner, without too much risk of actually convincing the vig to kill him, and the possible misvig of a newbie townie.

@Ting:
ting =) wrote:
I have below the post in which he unvoted IAAUN. Care to point out the reasoning he gives for switching from Iam?
Sure!
ting's post 766 in reply to when fonz's earlier day1 question wrote:
[snip because not relevant to this discussion]

@fonz.
reasons which gs gave when asked why he switched his vote wrote:Well obviously it seems like no one else holds the same feelings about iamausername as I do so my single vote won't do much good.
You deliberately answered a different question to the one I asked. Where, in the unvote post, did he give his reasons? The answer is nowhere.

Later, when
I
pressed him on the apparent absurdity of dropping a vote he'd confirmed four times without even acknowledging that he was doing so, he then gave the weak, cop-out type explanation that no-one else really seemed to be buying his case- even though, iirc, IAAUN was copping significant heat from several people (for his suggestion of vigging GS), armlx I think only had rofl on him when GS switched (so wasn't really any more viable) and the single biggest wagon had just died due to its object claiming vig. Furthermore, all he said of the person he was moving to was that 'this was standard scum behaviour for him' without any explanation at all.

Do I find it scummy to not tunnel? I find it scummy not to tunnel when you're convinced you've found scum, and Greasy's posts prior to the unvote appear to represent himself as convinced that IAAUN was scum. In which case, I'd expect a townie in that position to fight tooth and nail to get the suspect killed, and never let up until a) the suspect was investigated innocent or b) one or both are dead.

In fact, Greasy even SAID that is what he was going to do:
Greasy Spot wrote:Yes I know I am voting him and will continue to vote him till either he or myself is gone.

vote: iamausername
So, yeah, hypocrite much?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:13 am

Post by roflcopter »

ok, i'm sorry everyone took that as a personal attack against muerrto when it wasn't. it was a criticism of that one single post. am i seriously the only person who ever sarcastically attacks a post by making up a fake translation to it? i don't think so.

muerrto is reminding me of the way that mastermind of sin acts when he is caught red-handed and thinks the reasoning for his being under suspicion is bs, even though he's actually scum.

everyone who is ignoring me because you think i'm a 10 year old, please don't, i'm so lonely.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:22 am

Post by The Fonz »

roflcopter wrote: muerrto is reminding me of the way that mastermind of sin acts when he is caught red-handed and thinks the reasoning for his being under suspicion is bs, even though he's actually scum.
It's possible he thinks he's being MoSed. It's also possible that the case against him actually is so poor it would cause anyone to get annoyed. Null tell.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

armlx wrote:
Rofl is p much confirmed town. This is worthless.
That does not give him the right to commit scumtells and be generally unhelpful to the town.
Muerrto wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:The mod's right, though. Both of them went too far here, and I don't like those posts at all. roflcopter has reduced himself to being childish, and Muertto... ugh xP Somebody other than the mod who can think right now explain how #805 is scummy.

Actually can you explain why 805 is scummy instead of insinuating it is and asking others to do it?
For starters, you dismissed roflcopter's case (whatever he claims it is) as "immature pre-pubescent crap" and play the newbie card for Vamparific. When you replace somebody, you are held liable for your replacee's actions, whether you like them or not, and it is still your responsibility to defend them. Most of the people attacking Vamp were unaware of his alignment. You are. In fact, you have exactly the same alignment and role as he did. You must convince us that both Vamp's actions and your own are pro-town. Refusing to defend cases simply because you are not whoever you took over for is scummy.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

Uh, not it's not. You can lynch a player for his predecessor's actions, sometimes he may choose to mount a defence, but it can't be expected of them. Are you telling me you've never replaced someone who was town, but where for the life of you you couldn't begin to imagine what they were thinking? I've done that plenty of times.

Also, you flat-out contradict yourself there. You claim he plays the newbie card for Vamp, and also that he refuses to defend him. Obviously, these cannot both be true, since playing the newbie card is a defence, of sorts.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:09 am

Post by armlx »

That does not give him the right to commit scumtells and be generally unhelpful to the town.
No, it does not, but placing FoS's is not the right way to deal with it. Proving him wrong is.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 am

Post by ting =) »

You deliberately answered a different question to the one I asked. Where, in the unvote post, did he give his reasons? The answer is nowhere.
o.O You said that he never gave reasons, waaaay in day 1, even
after
he had. I pointed that out - by quoting his reasons.

And now, your argument is... me giving you his reasons don't matter because you wanted him to give it on a particular post of your choosing? Really?

Your attack on him since day 1, and I can quote you - is that he didn't give his reasons. The issue wasn't when, the issue was that he hadn't. I showed you he did. Don't twist this. I can quote your posts and include date stamps of everything if you want me to.

----
Later, when I pressed him on the apparent absurdity of dropping a vote he'd confirmed four times without even acknowledging that he was doing so, he then gave the weak, cop-out type explanation that no-one else really seemed to be buying his case- even though, iirc, IAAUN was copping significant heat from several people (for his suggestion of vigging GS), armlx I think only had rofl on him when GS switched (so wasn't really any more viable) and the single biggest wagon had just died due to its object claiming vig.
Sure, because one vote, and 'some heat' are obviously going to get a guy lynched when there's already a halfway full wagon on someone else.

The point of mafia is to try and lynch scum. There was no way IAU was going to get lynched that day. He was never the biggest target, and reading through, there was no way a wagon on him would have ever outgrown a wagon on anyone else.

------
Furthermore, all he said of the person he was moving to was that 'this was standard scum behaviour for him' without any explanation at all.
This is true, yes. I agree that this would go against him/me. I don't know what he saw because I've never played a game with armlx, I don't have a meta on him. I won't begrudge you if you hold this against me.

-----
Do I find it scummy to not tunnel?
I find it scummy not to tunnel when you're convinced you've found scum, and Greasy's posts prior to the unvote appear to represent himself as convinced that IAAUN was scum. In which case, I'd expect a townie in that position to fight tooth and nail to get the suspect killed, and never let up until a) the suspect was investigated innocent or b) one or both are dead.

Can you
honestly
tell me that everyone in this game so far has gone for their first choice in lynching blakadder? Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure I can remember others also making compromises. I think greasy was stubborn, yes, and I think that yes, he changed his vote when he said he wouldn't. I don't think he was stupid. He did everything he could to lynch IAU, even repeated himself here and there. No dice.

Again, mafia is about the town coming to a consensus in order to lynch scum. That often entails that certain members of the town have to make compromises and go for someone else if no one wants to lynch their first choice.

We both know this happens in nearly every game, and we both know that saying townies don't make compromises is a lie.
I'd expect a townie in that position to fight tooth and nail to get the suspect killed, and never let up until a) the suspect was investigated innocent or b) one or both are dead.
It'd be a very stupid townie who'd tunnel someone who obviously isn't going to get lynched.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:20 am

Post by The Fonz »

ting =) wrote:
o.O You said that he never gave reasons, waaaay in day 1, even
after
he had. I pointed that out - by quoting his reasons.
That's an outright lie. I
never
said that.
The Fonz wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Well I can't let all the other claimers have
all
the fun. I am the Mafia Godfather. I will always show up innocent. :D
Korts wrote:Actually, if some people would be willing to vote armlx, that'd be all kinds of great.
I will
vote: armix
. This is standard armix scum play.
The top part is clearly a joke. Period. Wagonning him on it makes no sense.

The actually interesting part of this post, which few people seem to have picked up on, is the second half. Given the amount of energy he's put into calling IAAUN scum so far, why is he unvoting him and going after someone else, with only one line's worth of explanation?
This is my first Greasy vote. As you see, I vote him for 'unvoting without giving reasons' here.

The Fonz wrote:
Korts wrote:
GS has a history of being a prick. See Killer Scarecrows from Vegas. I think ting deserves a chance, at least.
Hmmm. Yes.

Though I do think there's a not small likelihood that GS was deliberately distancing from a buddy, considering how strongly he represented his suspicions, and how quickly he ditched them.
This is post 'reason' post- note no reference to 'never gave reasons.'
The Fonz wrote: Really? Because it increases mine. I really thought the manner in which GS pushed IAAUN before dropping it with no explanation looked like distancing.
I said he dropped the IAAUN thing without explaining why. I did not say he NEVER offered an explanation- after all, it was ME who demanded one, so it's fairly obvious i saw it, even though it's a terribly weak one.

He dropped it without explaining why- he dropped it, and did not offer an explanation as to why he was dropping it AT THE TIME HE WAS DROPPING IT.
And now, your argument is... me giving you his reasons don't matter because you wanted him to give it on a particular post of your choosing? Really?
No, the reason is that you are lying and misrepresenting both me and your predecessor. I said he unvoted without giving reasons. This is true. That he later gave reasons does not entirely alleviate the suspicion caused. It was the manner in which he dropped his case on IAAUN entirely, without even feeling a need to explain the sudden reversal, which made me feel those suspicions were not genuine.
Your attack on him since day 1, and I can quote you - is that he didn't give his reasons. The issue wasn't when, the issue was that he hadn't. I showed you he did. Don't twist this. I can quote your posts and include date stamps of everything if you want me to.
You, sir, are the one who is twisting this. Put it this way, if you leave your house without your umbrella, then later go back and get it, is it the case that you have never left the house without your umbrella? That's the equivalent case to the argument you're trying to push. I did not say- I am suspicious of GS because he NEVER gave reasons for unvoting IAAUN. I am suspicious of him because he
unvoted without
giving any kind of reasoning. Namely, that he dropped his suspicion way too easily given how strong he represented it as being. Now you're trying to get off the hook by twisting and distorting my words and making bullshit semantic arguments. It won't fly.

----
Later, when I pressed him on the apparent absurdity of dropping a vote he'd confirmed four times without even acknowledging that he was doing so, he then gave the weak, cop-out type explanation that no-one else really seemed to be buying his case- even though, iirc, IAAUN was copping significant heat from several people (for his suggestion of vigging GS), armlx I think only had rofl on him when GS switched (so wasn't really any more viable) and the single biggest wagon had just died due to its object claiming vig.
Sure, because one vote, and 'some heat' are obviously going to get a guy lynched when there's already a halfway full wagon on someone else.
IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE THREAD, you would know that the halfway full wagon had just collapsed because its target claimed vig, and that there was no-one else on more than a couple votes. IAAUN was one of a handful of people that were being heavily criticised by a number of other players. Having been there at the time, I can assert that an Iam lynch was at least as likely as an armlx one at the time he switched.

Also, if the existence of this 'halfway full' wagon made IAAUN unviable, how is armlx viable? armlx also only had one vote at the point where GS switched.
The point of mafia is to try and lynch scum. There was no way IAU was going to get lynched that day. He was never the biggest target, and reading through, there was no way a wagon on him would have ever outgrown a wagon on anyone else.
He said he would never unvote IAAUN. He did. He lied. What is your explanation of this?

------
Furthermore, all he said of the person he was moving to was that 'this was standard scum behaviour for him' without any explanation at all.
This is true, yes. I agree that this would go against him/me. I don't know what he saw because I've never played a game with armlx, I don't have a meta on him. I won't begrudge you if you hold this against me.
It strikes me that, given the defence of GS you have presented, the person he moved to would have to be at least as close to IAAUN in scumminess, and more viable. The armlx switch does not really fulfill either criterion.

-----
Do I find it scummy to not tunnel?
I find it scummy not to tunnel when you're convinced you've found scum, and Greasy's posts prior to the unvote appear to represent himself as convinced that IAAUN was scum. In which case, I'd expect a townie in that position to fight tooth and nail to get the suspect killed, and never let up until a) the suspect was investigated innocent or b) one or both are dead.

Can you
honestly
tell me that everyone in this game so far has gone for their first choice in lynching blakadder? Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure I can remember others also making compromises. I think greasy was stubborn, yes, and I think that yes, he changed his vote when he said he wouldn't. I don't think he was stupid. He did everything he could to lynch IAU, even repeated himself here and there. No dice.

Again, mafia is about the town coming to a consensus in order to lynch scum. That often entails that certain members of the town have to make compromises and go for someone else if no one wants to lynch their first choice.

We both know this happens in nearly every game, and we both know that saying townies don't make compromises is a lie.
Oh, town makes compromises. All the time. But tunnelling town don't. I can show you numerous occasions where, as town, I 'locked on' a player like Greasy did, and I only ever shifted with deadline imminent. The way GS represented himself, it seemed like he fervently believed IAAUN was mafia, and no other lynch was remotely as good.

Your argument basically boils down to 'a rational townie would have unvoted there' but Greasy Spot couldn't be further from a rational townie, nor was he representing himself as such. He confirm voted four times, ffs. He promised to continue voting until one of them was dead. Are you telling me it's perfectly normal to represent a suspicion like that, and then drop it without bothering to explain why?
I'd expect a townie in that position to fight tooth and nail to get the suspect killed, and never let up until a) the suspect was investigated innocent or b) one or both are dead.
It'd be a very stupid townie who'd tunnel someone who obviously isn't going to get lynched.
I do it all the time, so...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”