Song Contest 151 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

I'd assume just first come first served for that, but maybe it's random. Also wow, Song Contest got really popular recently. Impressive.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #61 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In case anyone wants to use this, I made a playlist of all the songs. I couldn't find the waluigi one on spotify unfortunately so that one you'll have to just listen to that one on youtube: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1pw5L ... 2pSauTl68w
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 74, PJ. wrote:
In post 71, toolenduso wrote:
In post 67, PJ. wrote:
In post 64, PJ. wrote:The old voting rules should be applied to contests with cuts due to us changing the rules due to low participation.
I think doing this would create inconsistency as we go back and forth on the rules depending on participation.

I also didn't see the rule change as being solely due to low participation. The ban system was counterproductive, and 20 points was also a little too harsh in my opinion. Ultimately the idea is to reward good songs. If you set the point penalty too high it can obscure how much people liked a song just because the person entering it didn't fully participate because they failed to vote.

Did you prefer the old voting rules?
I think banning is the important part and not the point deduction. I think it is inherently unfair for non-voters to participate while someone like EP, who is both a long time participatant and a consistent voter, has to sit out while a non-voter gets in. At the very least, since you are worried about consistency(and it would probably be a pain to track)could we amend the rules on cut order? Something like:

"1. First-time entrants

2. Last winner (whomever)

3. Current Song Contest Team (toolenduso and JurgenVW)

4. Any entrant who was cut in the period of the last 3 contests (except those cut for not voting) and has not used their guaranteed bid.
3 Contests remaining: Nobody!
2 Contests remaining: Nobody!
1 Contest remaining: Nobody!

5. Everyone that doesn't fit in the above categories or category 6

6. People who didn't vote in the last contest(or last 2 contest)"
This is a good idea. It solves for the situation of someone who didn't vote last time getting in over someone who regularly participates but still allows them to share their music if there is room.
George Bailey

Return to “General Discussion”