Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Mini Theme 2412: Gacha Mafia

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by Isis »

Uncommon RulesExperienced players are often tempted to skim the rules, so here are the rules most unique to my modding to be most aware of.
  1. You must play to win the game. This is a common rule, but enforcement is uncommon.
  2. "Pretending to break a rule is the same as breaking a rule" is included in Common Rules below, but it is particularly important with this rule. It's allowed to claim you are not fighting to win quite as hard as you did last game, but you cannot claim not to be playing to your win at all, even as a tactic that you believe gets you closer to your win condition.
  3. The above two rules do not constitute a blanket ban on selfvoting or bussing, which often either furthers the wincondition, or in other cases is just a manner of conceding an unwinnable game to the other team.
  4. If you feel totally unable to play to your win condition due to personal conflicts with other players, please request replacement upon realizing this.
  5. This game is using a special rule that relates to hammer testing and quickhammer coordinations. When you make a vote, (this includes special votes, modify as appropriate), you can post,
    in bold
    I and all members of my faction that are known to me and I to them, VOTE: Isis and win the game
    . Do not name any other members of your faction. If you've made a mistake and voting together with all partners would not win you the game, it will be treated simply as a vote. If you haven't made a mistake, then you will perform votes on behalf of your teammates and win the game.
  6. The above rule does not work if you do not have the mechanical information required to know that it would win the game. For example, if you are Masons with a player and one scum remains among five players, you cannot cause your teammate to vote Isis with you. It would only work if you previously investigated Isis as guilty in an open setup. (In practice this rule will usually benefit anti-town groups the most, but it is defined in a neutral way).
  7. Whenever the deadline closes on a day's lynch or any other town-controlled day decision, unless otherwise specified, the mafia are privately contacted to choose among the town's legal choices instead. **********************
  8. Discuss site/game rule violations with the moderator/listmod, not in the game thread.

Common RulesTemplated from singletonking, hoping for forgiveness over permission.
  1. All site-wide rules apply. In particular:
    No discussion of ongoing games is allowed

2. Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
  3. Do not quote private topics. Paraphrase. Do not mention timestamps on posts made in forum topics. Remember that true paraphrasing focuses on the message being conveyed and not the physical features of the messages - for instance, if Isis used a bulleted list, and that strikes you as important and makes you think she feels confident she's solved this game, "Isis posted a bulleted list" is a physical feature you shouldn't quote, "Isis has been professory" conveys the idea.
  4. You may quote a private topic if it is fully redundant (everyone alive reading the post is also permitted to view the post in the private topic it came from.)
  5. Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
  6. Do not use encrypted text, small text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
  7. Do not use cryptography or other complex information hiding. If you hide information in a post, it must be based purely on the English letters in that post, without shifting them to different letters based on any kind of rule, and their significance must be left-to-right.
  8. Do not discuss this game outside this thread or PTs related to this game you have access to.
  9. Do not use provable randomness. Saying you used a random criteria is fine, providing even weak evidence isn't.
  10. Do not fake mod posts/edits.
  11. Once your death scene is posted, you may not post. No bah posts.
  12. Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As a rule of thumb, negative nouns or profane adjectives that describe a player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
  13. No set of rules can be complete. If you think something is wrong, please don't do it. Breaking the spirit of rules is also disallowed. Do not encourage others to break the rules either. If in doubt, please PM me.
  14. Breaching of rules will usually result in a warning initially, but depending on severity, may result in a force-replacement or modkill.
  15. During the course of the game I may add extra rules if necessary. These rule changes will be announced publicly.

Deadlines, Activity, and replacements
  1. Day start. Days will last N+2 days, where N is the number of players alive, but no greater than eleven days.
  2. If this setup has card-eggs (yes, I'm hedging about my own copy paste mistakes), day one lasts an additional four days, and healing decisions receive an additional three days
  3. Nights will last 48 hours.
  4. Prods will be issued if you do not post for 48 hours.
  5. If you get three or more prods, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours (or by PM if at Night), I will begin seeking for a replacement (this means the third prod functions like a notice that you are racing the search for your replacement.)
  6. If you receive a prod and satisfy that prod, you are "on probation" for the next 96 hours after responding to that prod. Meeting criteria for a prod during probation immediately triggers the search for your replacement even if it's your second prod.
  7. If you expect to be unable to post for a while, please declare V/LA in thread. Should your V/LA be unreasonably long (>5 days), however, I strongly suggest you request replacement. There's no probation during V/LA
  8. You will still be prodded while on V/LA, but these will not count towards the above three prod limit. An official prod will be sent 24 hours after your V/LA ends if you haven't posted then.
  9. When replacements happen at night, deadlines will be tolled as appropriate to conceal information.
  10. For replacements, day deadlines are extended by the length of time between the missing player's last post and the first post of the new player .A post that does little more than acknowledge they've replaced into the game isn't counted as that post.
  11. If you would like to replace out, please PM me. Do not publicly replace out, discuss about wanting to replace out, threaten to replace out, or persuade/dissuade others from replacing out for any reason other than activity. If you think the mods have not noticed an activity issue, you can PM me to take note of it, but I will not credit your -arguments- about whether the activity level is replaceworthy or not (due to bias concerns). You would just be drawing my attention to it.
  12. Once your replacement request is publicized, it is final. You must cease to post. Inquiries about possibly retaining the slot must be conducted by mod PM.

Voting Rules
  1. Use VOTE: tags to vote. A hurt feature is available for Gacha Mafia, see below.
  2. Abbreviations or misspellings in votes will be accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting for.
  3. You can bold a request to make a nickname for another player official, so that it will be counted in votes. Each player will get two, but using a nickname someone else made up is valid. Nicknames don't start working until after they're acknowledged in the next votecount.
  4. A strict majority (more than half) of players is required to lynch or to make a group decision. This includes no-lynch!
  5. Once majority is achieved, it is final, and the Day will end immediately with further votes and unvotes being invalid.
  6. I will do my best to ensure that each vote count is accurate. Check the vote counts. If I make a grave error I may reset all votes at my discretion.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Anubis

You are God, Devil and
Dark
. Image Image Image.
You have a neighborhood with clidd. It has daytalk.
At any time, you may PM the moderator to lock your neighborhood with clidd and disable clidd's similar, but distinct, ability.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hathor

You are a God, Healer, and
light
Image Image Image card. You have a neighborhood with Elena Fisher. At any time, you may PM the moderator, and the neighborhood with Elena Fisher will be locked and become public. This won't work if the neighborhood is already locked because Elena Fisher Pmed me to lock it.
Last edited by Isis on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:57 am, edited 10 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Gacha Mafia2
Mafia Goons

Vanilla Townies

At the start of the game, each player receives a card-egg. For the first six meatworld days of dayplay, they can
Throw:
their card-egg to another player with no card, cracking it open and publically granting them the card. If any townie hasn't thrown their card-egg by the deadline, all such townies are considered the day1 lynch and the setup becomes mountainous.
When a player is nightkilled, their card is pinned to the OP. Once exactly two cards have been pinned to the OP, they are examined for shared characteristics to produce a bonus for the town. If two bonuses could apply, the mafia chooses one.
If the cards share a type:
Attackers
: The living mafia become lovers.
Healers
: The town HEAL: s two players in a vote. If both those players are town, the town wins, otherwise, the mafia wins.
Devils
: The town chooses a player, that player is public cop'ed.
Gods
: If there are two living mafia, the mafia immediately strongkills one mafia and one townie. If there is one living mafia, that player public cops two other players.
If the cards do not share a type: they'll never share a color, instead receive this bonus: all cards with the same color as those two cards are public cop'd.

Spoiler: Cards
Uriel - Attacker/Healer - Night One neighborizer

Phantom Ninja, Jiraiya - Attacker/Devil - Can make a bah post before daystart+<prodtimer> consisting of an image of any other card

Date Masamune - Attacker/God - Disables daytalk in all his PTs.

Echidna Sara - Healer/Devil - Night Two Bodyguard

Archangel Raziel- Healer/God - Macho. Shares a PT with Lucifer. Can at any time PM the mod to lock the PT and reveal it.

Archdemon Lucifer- Devil/God - Shares a PT with Raziel. Can at any time PM the mod to lock the PT and disable Raziel's ability.

Venus - Attacker/Healer, one-shot ability to become Devil/God

Haku - Healer/God, one-shot ability become Devil/Attacker

Amberjack - Attacker/Devil/Healer/God, N1 Bulletproof, N2 chooses three types to lose.
Last edited by Isis on Fri May 15, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Clarifications and small changes:

1. The mafia nightkill will be treated as compulsive this game.
2. Lynching will also be compulsive but that's an "Isis is modding so town suffers" thing, not specific to this setup, I use mafia lynch not plurality lynch.
3. If a player is hammered before card-eggs are distributed and before 6 days of dayplay have passed, that is treated as "the deadline". The Scrooge-punisher-lynch effect will override whatever player actually got hammered and was supposed to die, players with undistributed card eggs are the day 1 lynch.
4. As a convenience/quality life feature, I will allow the official use of HURT: tags during card-egg distribution phase. I will move each person's vote to the player they most recently hurt immediately when card-egg distribution phase ends. You remove it with HURT: Isis.
5. All neighborhoods have daytalk.
6. Haku, Venus, and Amberjack are permanent and resolve before the nightkill resolves.
7. Date Masamune locks PTs the moment he's part of them, unless it's night.
8. A throw counts if you bold "
Throw: <playername>
" in the thread with little mutation beyond typographical errors. You don't have to say what you're throwing, but I will immediately publicly reveal it the next time I update the thread.
9. Town group decisions use day phase rules and scum group decisions use night phase rules for deadline length, as they appear in the bonuses (Healer, Devil, God).
10. The two heal recipients are voted simultaneously for healer bonus, not sequentially.
11. Note that mafia are not directly punished for failing to distribute their card-egg day 1, but the missing punishment itself might raise questions about their morals.
Last edited by Isis on Fri May 15, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

1. clidd
2. Hoctac
3. Elena Fisher
4. Dunnstral
5. Elements
6. Chemist1422
7. DoctorPepper
8. Pickaxe Pete
9. Titus
Last edited by Isis on Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

clidd
GeorgeBailey
2. Hoctac
3. Elena Fisher
4. Dunnstral
5. Elements (also known as The Periodic Table)
Chemist1422
shiki (also known as Team Rocket Queen)
7. DoctorPepper (also known as DoctarMiranda and DoctarPepsi)
Pickaxe Pete
Pigman
9. Titus
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Hathor

light
Image Image Image card. You have a neighborhood with Elena Fisher. At any time, you may PM the moderator, and the neighborhood with Elena Fisher will be locked and become public. This won't work if the neighborhood is already locked because Elena Fisher Pmed me to lock it.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Tea Gardner & Shining Friendship & Fire Sorcerer

You are a Healer, Attacker, I mean Devil, God and
light
Image Image Image card. One night per game, you may message the mod to permanently become a Devil/God instead of Healer/Attacker.
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Anubis

You are God, Devil and
Dark
. Image Image Image.
You have a neighborhood with clidd. It has daytalk.
At any time, you may PM the moderator to lock your neighborhood with clidd and disable clidd's similar, but distinct, ability.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #8 (isolation #8) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Alrescha

You are God, and formerly Devil, Attacker, Healer, and
water
. You have Night 1 Bulletproof. Night two, you may PM me to become only a God, only a Devil, only an Attacker, or only a Healer for the rest of the game.
This will take effect before the factional nightkill resolves. Image Image
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:39 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (isolation #9) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Manticore

You are a Devil, Attacker and
fire
type Image Image Image. During night two, you may PM me the name of a player. If the mafia targets that player for the factional nightkill, that player will survive, and you will die instead. This won't work if you target GeorgeBailey.
Last edited by Isis on Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #10 (isolation #10) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Fujin

You are God, Attacker and
wood
ImageImageImage. Daytalk is disabled in all PTs you have membership in.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #11 (isolation #11) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Terra

You are an Attacker, Healer, and
fire
card. ImageImageImage. Night one, you may PM me the name of another player. If they survive the night, you will form a neighborhood where you can discuss the game with that player. This neighborhood has daytalk.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #12 (isolation #12) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Jiraiya, Phantom Ninja

You are an Attacker, Devil, Physical and
wood
ImageImageImageImagecard. When you die, for the first 48 hours of the following day phase, you may make a single post, provided it contains nothing but the image code used for any player's card.
Last edited by Isis on Thu May 21, 2020 11:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #13 (isolation #13) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Eir

You are a God, Healer, I mean, Devil, Attacker, and
Dark
card. Image Image Image . During the night, you can PM me that you wish to use your one shot ability. If you do, you will become Devil and Attacker instead of God and Healer for the rest of the game. This resolves before the factional nightkill
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #14 (isolation #14) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Isis »

Game will start and six day deadline will begin tolling when ALL players have confirmed, due to the impact of the Gacha mechanic.
8/9 confirmations.
Last edited by Isis on Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #15 (isolation #15) » Fri May 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Isis »

The second round of card-eggs was checked for correctness and is correct.
If you genuinely can't figure out which card-egg you have from the symbols, PM me and I will just tell you. It's okay, this is somewhat of an experiment. I think everyone will be able to manage though.
Let's get going!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #16 (isolation #16) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Isis »

Pigman replaces Pickaxe Pete in pregame
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #17 (isolation #17) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.0clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher-----
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus-------------
Not voting: clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Dunnstral, Elements, Chemist1422, DoctorPepper, Pigman, Titus

The dots and apostropheres have no special meaning and were used to manipulate symbol width to get close to even lines.

Gacha distribution status(.:.) clidd - [X]
(.:.) Hoctac - [X]
(.:.) Elena Fisher - [X]
(.:.) Dunnstral - [X]
(.:.) Elements - [X]
(.:.) Chemist1422 - [X]
(.:.) DoctorPepper - [X]
(.:.) Pigman - [X]
(.:.) Titus - [X]

Gacha deadline! (expired on 2020-05-24 20:59:59)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #18 (isolation #18) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Isis »

The children have all collected prizes from each machine. Each one received some kind of snowball. On the surface, a rather humble prize.

But there was something mysterious about them. As though they had some kind of deeper meaning.

All the kids were from the same school, and at least passingly familiar with eachother. They'd played at recess before, and had snowball fights in cold winters. But this winter hadn't been cold enough, at least on the days with precipitation. Was the most special thing about this gift the opportunity to play a snowball fight in a winter that might not see any snow at all? Or was there even more.

They all smiled as they schemed to hit eachother, hopefully hitting another before getting hit for minor bragging rights.

A bird tweets from a tree, and making it more recognizable how silent the park was to begin with.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #25 (isolation #19) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.1clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher----- (1) Dunnstral
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus------------- (1) DoctorPepper

Not voting (7): clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Elements, Chemist1422, Pigman, Titus

Modnote: "hurts" won't be tracked in votecounts, but will be honored as votes that occur when Gacha phase ends, like the rules say.
Last edited by Isis on Mon May 18, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #57 (isolation #20) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.2clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher-----
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus-------------

Not voting: clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Elements, Chemist1422, Pigman, Titus, DoctorPepper, Dunnstral

Modnote: "hurts" won't be tracked in votecounts, but will be honored as votes that occur when Gacha phase ends, like the rules say.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #78 (isolation #21) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Isis »

A modnote was erased by error: dots and apostrophes in the VC are to align the votes on my screen and have no other meaning
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #82 (isolation #22) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Dunnstral has thrown his card-egg, and Elena Fisher is now a Dark (purple) God/Devil in a neighborhood she can lock from view.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #83 (isolation #23) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Dunnstral sees Elena Fisher exploring the park. It's outdated curbs and cobblestones and stained gutters seem mysterious.
When she's distracted is when he sees his best opportunity, and he hurls his snowball at her, aiming at her shoulder.
When it strikes her, there's a shine, an eerie glare, and a strange noise, like the doppler effect but inverted.

When the flash subsides, a much taller figure with a louder voice, but Elena's infliction flourishes a cane and speaks.
"Good shot, somehow I feel.. much better." Her snowball appears unaffected, and ready to be thrown as well.
Last edited by Isis on Mon May 18, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #84 (isolation #24) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Elena Fisher had never been afraid to explore desolate areas, and master dangerous ruins. It is natural for her to be one with the truth. She is naturally fearless - so much so, she cannot increase her health or shield herself. But fiercely resilient - an expert at improving her RCV.

Spoiler:

You are God, Devil and
Dark
. Image Image Image.
You have a neighborhood with <undefined variable>. It has daytalk.
At any time, you may PM the moderator to lock your neighborhood with <undefined variable> and disable <undefined variable>'s similar, but distinct, ability.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #88 (isolation #25) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:06 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2, Isis wrote:8. A throw counts if you bold "Throw: " in the thread with little mutation beyond typographical errors. You don't have to say what you're throwing, but I will immediately publicly reveal it the next time I update the thread.
Failure to bold is never treated as "little mutation beyond typographical errors"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #97 (isolation #26) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Isis »

Pigman saw that Dunnstral had thrown his snowball at Elena Fisher. If he hits Dunnstral with a snowball, that's worth one point, plus a transitive point, right?
He crouches down so that Dunnstral won't notice and will stay distracted by Anubis's transformation. He throws the ball underhanded to bop Dunnstral on the head.
Dunnstral's body rapidly begins flickering blue all over, with a distracting glow increasing each time. Soon enough, he transforms into the most powerful of all mechanical star gods, with massive shark knuckles. It's maybe a good thing this is a snowball fight and not a fight fight.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #98 (isolation #27) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Isis »

Dunnstral is frequently responsible for victory for unorthodox contributions and efforts that aren't brashly visible. He provides a lot of utility in sculpting the game towards a winnable gamestate. He's criminally underrated for his diverse inputs.
Reincarnated Alrescha is almost as criminally underrated for her supportive contributions. Selecting her as a leader makes the board 7x6 instead of 6x5, for 42 instead of 30 orbs, providing both more damage and healing. Other leaders can swap to the leader position, and keep the 42 orbs even if they don't have that ability.
She also features the exceedingly rare heart orb enhance ability, which multiplies her own RCV by 1.5 (for each of the two) when a heart match4 is made and increases everyone's RCV by 6%. That's enough for her to handle the entire team's healing on her own.
She has six other minor utility abilities, but I'll try to rein the nerding in. When Alternate Arena first released and only ~10-20% of the PAD community was able to beat it, Alrescha was critical to my first clear, though no one else was making use of her.

Spoiler:

You are God, Devil, Attacker, Healer, and
water
. You have Night 1 Bulletproof. Night two, you may PM me to become only a God, only a Devil, only an Attacker, or only a Healer for the rest of the game. This will take effect before the factional nightkill resolves. Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #99 (isolation #28) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Isis »

Titus's snowball is shaped like a house. She hold it by the square side to get a good grip, and delivers a corkscrew throw at DoctorPepper.
DoctorPepper is lucky to be hit by the flat side and not a corner. Just like the others, he begins transforming, a large crystal appearing around him and obscuring what's going on.
When it's over, the crystal shatters, and inside is a familiar appearance like that character from that retro game that every single one of their parents insists that they play.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #100 (isolation #29) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Isis »

Doctor Pepper is an American classic. It's also a beverage of connoisseurs, with those who are fans of it adamant that its superiority is inherent and that a preference for it is a result of experience. I am somewhat unfamiliar with this user but have noted possible evidence traces that this second quality might apply directly.
Terra is the protagonist of Final Fantasy VI. Several Final Fantasy games previous to VI were not released in the USA at all, but VI was very popular in the states when it arrived, making it the most "American" Final Fantasy game. It remains the most highly esteemed game among similarly numbered titles in the series stateside even though V and IV were released to the US much later. Fans are adamant it is simply a brilliantly architected game.
I haven't encountered the right dungeon that required me to use Terra and power her up to +297, so I enhanced her to +23 to celebrate twenty three flavors.

Spoiler:

You are an Attacker, Healer, and
fire
card. ImageImageImage. Night one, you may PM me the name of another player. If they survive the night, you will form a neighborhood where you can discuss the game with that player. This neighborhood has daytalk.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #101 (isolation #30) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Isis »

Chemist1422 has not paid much attention to what's been going on. He is singlemindedly focused on pegging someone to distract himself from his sweet tooth getting triggered by all these gacha machines.
Titus had stood on a bench to get a good view on her target, which made her the most obvious target he came across. He lobbed his snowball at her shoulderblades.
The snowball popped into a huge, fluffy cloud, that hid Titus from everyone's view. When the clouds went away, a goddess of luck remained, with a smile on her face.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #102 (isolation #31) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Isis »

There are very few dark God Healer cards, so I was lucky to find a good fit.
Titus is famous for making use of VCA in games and extolling its virtues, while knowing its limits. VCA is more powerful later in the game, and I would argue more useful when it's not a town stomp. It can allow towns to make a comeback. This is especially true because it strikes on a different axis from other tools, which might be tools that haven't been working so far this game.
Eir is a comeback queen, featuring two abilities that work well when you are heavily damaged (behind). She has many Heart Orb enhance awakenings, (the most of any dark card in the game) that provide tons of healing, meaning she can heal to full even from 1 Hitpoint. She also features several <50% awakenings, they mean she deals double damage to the enemy if the team has less than 50% HP. Each instance of the awakening doubles it again, that's lots of damage.
For a long time, I had to pick which of these to improve with her equipment, but power rangers recently provided a bow item that improves both of them. Cool!
Her active skill is a comeback tool as well, un-paralyzing a stunned team and providing the heal orbs for her to mend the team's wounds.

Spoiler:

Dark
card. Image ImageImage. During the night, you can PM me that you wish to use your one shot ability. If you do, you will become Devil and Attacker instead of God and Healer for the rest of the game. This resolves before the factional nightkill
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #103 (isolation #32) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.3clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher-----
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus-------------

Not voting: clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Elements, Chemist1422, Pigman, Titus, DoctorPepper, Dunnstral

Gacha distribution status(.:.) clidd - [X]__________Image
(.:.) Hoctac - [X]________Image
(.:.) Elena Fisher - [O]_____ Image Image Image
___ Dunnstral - [O]_____ Image Image Image Image
(.:.) Elements - [X]____Image
___ Chemist1422 - [X]___Image
(.:.) DoctorPepper - [O]___ ImageImageImage
___ Pigman - [X]_______Image
___ Titus - [O]_________Image ImageImage

Click a user's name in Gacha Distribution Status to go to the post for their card. When Distribution phase is over, this feature will be moved to the votecount.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #108 (isolation #33) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Isis »

Elena Fischer wields a snowball in her hand. It's such a small weapon, compared to the jackal's godly power. But it was one she wished to use to expand her empire.
She sights clidd walking amongst the bushes and pegs him without delay. There's a flurry of nimbus clouds and a glow the color of the blue sky in a kerfuffle around him. When it dissipates, a timeless Egyptian goddess remains.

If your heart weighs less than a feather, I know you can hear me, clidd.

Of course I do, Elena Fisher
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #109 (isolation #34) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Isis »

clidd is, at varying times, both pithy and eloquent. Sometimes he will describe a very long thought at length, sometimes he will have a one word remark, and sometime he uses an image to summarize something on his mind.

He brought to mind Hathor. Hathor is an expert for simple and straightforward: the "light orb enhance" awakening you see featured many times on the card increases damage even if you make only a single match, making her able to kill enemies with very brief turns. However, when it is really necessary, she has a rare active skill effect that will DOUBLE the amount of time you have for a turn, allowing you to execute more elaborate plans. Her active skill also deals exactly 25% damage and that can be used for very exacting plans, and clidd is very calculating too.

As a bonus, she's an egyptian goddess, from the same mythology as Anubis, in the neighborhood! This was completely by accident, I had already decided!

As the assist, I placed Shelling Ford card, because he's PAD's most prominent detective and I believe clidd's preferred avatar is a detective as well. Perhaps that will make him smile.

Spoiler:

light
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #121 (isolation #35) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Isis »

clidd is excited about being in a form that he truly belonged in. The winter day had a beautiful sky, and clidd felt more connected to it then ever.
He didn't care about the snowball fight anymore!
He hurled his snowball as straight upwards in the air as he could. But what goes up must come down, and eventually it landed, squarely on Hoctac's head.
It knocked one Hoctac down. Then three stood up!
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #122 (isolation #36) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Isis »

Hoctac is like, really into 90s anime right now, right?
This is another selection based on an active skill that's not pictured: "We're all in this together" replaces all the orbs on the board with new orbs at random. No guarantee they will be good ones or better ones. But they will be new ones! This speaks to Hoctac's signature schtick, and also, the entirety of his persona. He likes change. It's a miracle he doesn't have any alts.
During his pre-in, he told me he was very excited about making friends this game. This card is all about friendship, improving the entire team's RCV and insisting that Hoctac's friends are worth it always! If you are wondering which one in this picture is Hoctac, she's third from the right.
The assist is Sha-77, which is lowkey just Hoctac's actual true spirit animal, too bad it's not a Healer or an Attacker.

Spoiler:

You are a Healer, Attacker, and
light
Image Image Image card. One night per game, you may message the mod to permanently become a Devil/God instead of Healer/Attacker.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #123 (isolation #37) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1, Isis wrote: they can
Throw:
their card-egg to another player
with no card
Players who already have a card are not legal targets for a throw, the same way a player's own self is not a legal target for a throw.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #124 (isolation #38) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Isis »

Flavor adjustments will happen later
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #125 (isolation #39) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.3clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher-----
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus-------------

Gacha distribution status___ clidd - [X]__________Image
(.:.) Hoctac - [X]________Image
___ Elena Fisher - [O]_____ Image Image Image
(.:.) Elements - [X]____Image
___ Chemist1422 - [X]___Image
(.:.) DoctorPepper - [O]___ ImageImageImage

Click a user's name in Gacha Distribution Status to go to the post for their card. When Distribution phase is over, this feature will be moved to the votecount.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #137 (isolation #40) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Isis »

I owe several additional mod updates that I will get to later, but clidd and Hoctac's identities are available.
Edit: okay, that should be everything, so if something is still missing at this point please Actually Complain
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #158 (isolation #41) » Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Isis »

DoctorPepper has thrown his card-egg at Chemist1422. Chemist1422 is a wood(green) God Attacker that disables daytalk in his PTs.
If Chemist1422 has a mafia PT, it is being locked now.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #159 (isolation #42) » Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Isis »

What I perceive as one of Chemist1422's best strengths as a mafia player is ignoring actions other players will misread because they simply aren't alignment indicative. This contributed to his departure from a consensus townread on scum in Snowdin Snowdown that won town the game. He also didn't seem to townread an elaborate gambit I pulled as scum in Monty Hall Mafia that fooled town. I had to resort to mislynching him.
Fujin's Wild Wind active skill
ignores
damages absorb shields that appear on some of the game's most dangerous bosses, so they can be killed faster. Active skills that do this are colloquially called "fujining" because Fujin was the first card to ever have the effect.
I inherited Silica because her active skill title is similar to a self-title Chemist1422 requested (which might or might not be active right now). The optimism of the Sword Art Online characters in general is a good fit to Chemist. None of those are gods, though.

Spoiler:

You are God, Attacker and
wood
ImageImageImage. Daytalk is disabled in all PTs you have membership in.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #160 (isolation #43) » Wed May 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Isis »

Hoctac has thrown his card-egg at Elements. Elements is now a fire (red) devil attacker with a night two bodyguard ability.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #161 (isolation #44) » Wed May 20, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Isis »

For some reason, I always think of Elements as being very large. Perhaps I think King Kong or Godzilla would be similarly laconic. Or perhaps because I usually find him difficult to ignore.
For Elements I selected Manticore, a dungeon boss with the highest ATK among fire types in the game. The two white gloves in his bottom awakening means he has an additional 50% ATK beyond what's written on the card in multiplayer mode.
Cards with high attack stats can be combined with active skill that inflict damage to beat enemies without matching orbs, which is quicker. Manticore's assist in this picture is one of those abilities.

Spoiler:

You are a Devil, Attacker and
fire
type Image Image Image. During night two, you may PM me the name of a player. If the mafia targets that player for the factional nightkill, that player will survive, and you will die instead. This won't work if you target clidd.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #175 (isolation #45) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.4clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher-----
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus-------------

Gacha distribution status___ clidd - [O]__________Image Image Image
___ Hoctac - [O]________Image Image Image
___ Elena Fisher - [O]_____ Image Image Image
(.:.) Elements - [O]____Image Image Image
___ Chemist1422 - [O]___ImageImageImage
___ DoctorPepper - [O]___ ImageImageImage

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #179 (isolation #46) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by Isis »

GUYS
WHAT ARE THE ODDS
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #180 (isolation #47) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Isis »

Elements throws his card-egg at Pigman. Pigman is now an Attacker Devil Physical wood(green) card.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #181 (isolation #48) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Isis »

Within the last year, Puzzle and Dragons has added characters with the ability to transform by using an active skill. This can change their abilities midgame. The art always changes. Some transformers upgrade to a new stronger form part of the way through a level and stay that way, others continue shifting between transformations.
Phantom Ninja Jiraiya is a flagship for the new feature. As a ninja, he is an Attacker, but he "disguises" himself as different iconic wood cards from PAD, allowing him to use that character's skill one time before he must change to someone else.
Spoiler:

He's still Mr. Jiraiya even when he's someone else, so Pigman's card will reflect the one most in line with Pigman's values and ideals. By the way, every character depicted except the bird has speaking lines in PAD's ingame cutscenes.

Spoiler:

You are an Attacker, Devil, Physical and
wood
ImageImageImageImagecard. When you die, for the first 48 hours of the following day phase, you may make a single post, provided it contains nothing but the image tags used for any player's card.
Last edited by Isis on Thu May 21, 2020 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #182 (isolation #49) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by Isis »

There is a new type-share effect : if two different cards with the Physical type are pinned to the OP, all town-aligned players will gain Bulletproof and Gunsmith. Pigman is the only player with the physical type though.
I may omit Pigman's physical type from votecounts for readability, but it is canon.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #183 (isolation #50) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.5
clidd
'-------------
Hoctac
-----------
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.--------
Chemist1422
----
DoctorPepper
'--- (1) Hoctac
Pigman
----------
Titus
------------- (1) Elements

Not voting (7): clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Elements, Chemist1422, Pigman, Titus, DoctorPepper, Dunnstral
Lynching deadline: (expired on 2020-06-02 20:59:59)

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImage Elena Fisher
ImageImageImageImageImageDunnstral
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageChemist1422
ImageImageImageDoctorPepper
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Spoiler: NK Cheat Sheet
Image Image - Lone scum picks someone to become an IC OR scummates have to perform shots that put the game into 3p LyLo
ImageImage - Democratic public cop
ImageImage - Bet the game on voting on two townies correctly
ImageImage - Scummates fall in love
ImageImageImage Image - Oops! Reveal the alignment of every player colored similarly to murder victims.

Modnote: While cleaning up card posts I noticed Elena Fisher's card image uses the wrong Anubis. I corrected her image in both the opening post and the changing event.
Last edited by Isis on Thu May 21, 2020 12:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #184 (isolation #51) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 am

Post by Isis »

After the snowball fight, it seemed like every single child had become something new and different.
"This rocks!" "I feel strong!" "What happened?!" "Let's go be superheroes!"
They all wanted to stay this way, forever. It seemed so magical and different. They had no plan for returning home to their parents and actually living their lives, not a single one thought that far ahead.
Someone walked from behind the gnarled tree in the center of the park. She removed a set of headphones from her head and addressed them with a disappointing tone.
"You can't just stay this way... not all of you.
There was enough stones for some of you, I'm not sure how many, but not all. Six at the most, and that's stretching it. You were all really good all year... but I think a couple of you are possibly just very good actors. So I planned an activity to work things out. If any of you became so powerful and had a bad heart, it could be ruinous.
The little marble things that you received the same day... they work on that machine, over there."
She pointed at a device with a slot at the top and two dangling wires. It was on the reverse side of one of the gacha machines, perhaps all of them.
"Whenever you start to feel funny, it's wearing off, put one of your marbles in the slot, and touch the wires.
If you make it a few days.. you'll stop ever feeling funny. And it will really be permanent. But if none of you share your stones, none of you will make it long enough, I guarantee it.
You'll have to decide how to share. It might seem like only the cruelest among you will benefit, but.. things never actually turn out so simple.
I am only here to observe."
She sat down on a park bench and opened her laptop. But in truth, she perked her ears up to listen to how they all might react.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 27, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #201 (isolation #52) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.6
clidd
'------------- (2) Titus, Elements
Hoctac
-----------
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.--------
Chemist1422
----
DoctorPepper
'--- (1) Hoctac
Pigman
----------
Titus
-------------

Not voting (6): clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Elements, Chemist1422, Pigman, DoctorPepper, Dunnstral

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Image Image - Lone scum picks someone to become an IC OR scummates have to perform shots that put the game into 3p LyLo
ImageImageImage Image - Oops! Reveal the alignment of every player colored similarly to murder victims.

Titus only had to hear the potential ailment described for the first time for her to realize she was starting to feel it. "Oh dear... I need to get more stones." She had several, but she thought of them as "for emergencies" for now. It would be better to get stones from others before dipping into them.
The goddess of fortune had the power to force tests upon others, and extract a price if the test was failed.
"clidd, do you like clouds?"
"I love clouds." Clidd nodded cheerfully. Clouds were a natural part of the sky.
"Ok, then I have a game for you." She drew clidd a puzzle, full of white and blue orbs, then summoned a huge, thick white cloud in front of most of the puzzle, forcing clidd to have to try to remember what was where.
"Let's say you win if you can combo at least 3. I mean 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 8. Make eight combos for me, I know you can do it!
She knew 8 was so harsh. But if she let the awkward tingle take over.. she would never get to give anyone a test ever again.
Last edited by Isis on Thu May 21, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #226 (isolation #53) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.6
clidd
'------------- (3) Titus, Elements, Pigman
Hoctac
-----------
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.-------- (1) Elena Fisher
Chemist1422
----
DoctorPepper
'--- (1) Chemist1422
Pigman
---------- (1) Hoctac
Titus
-------------

Not voting (3): clidd, DoctorPepper, Dunnstral

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Pigman was feeling mostly ok so far. But maybe just the slightest bit queasy in his left leg. He didn't like that, that's where he kept his kunai for when things got serious.
He approached clidd and gave clidd a grin full of lies and false camaraderie. "Look! We both became goddesses from the snowballs!" he lied. "I'm Norse and you're Egyptian but I don't mind! Are you as excited today as I am?" He grabbed some of his flowers and tossed them festively.
It was all a distraction. Juryo, Phantom Ninja Pig, disguised like Freyja's pig to make Pigman's disguise complete, snuck behind clidd while clidd was distracted with the conversation. He rooted around in Hathor's ceremonial urns with his snout, looking for where clidd might keep his magic stones.
Last edited by Isis on Sat May 23, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #249 (isolation #54) » Sun May 24, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Isis »

+198
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #250 (isolation #55) » Sun May 24, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.7
clidd
'------------- (2) Elements, Pigman
Hoctac
----------- (1) Titus
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
-------- (1) Elena Fisher
Elements
.--------
Chemist1422
----
DoctorPepper
'--- (1) Chemist1422
Pigman
---------- (1) Hoctac
Titus
-------------

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Elena Fisher approached Dunnstral. "Dunnstral, your clothes have so many hard surfaces and etchings, and your gloves are like statues of powerful creatures. Could it be that you are most of the way done completing yourself a coffin around yourself??
She smiled, and drew a tiny square in the dirt with her cane. "I could help so much with that. If you paid me a few magic stones, I'd be more than willing to guide your journey from this life to the next..."
Dunnstral began laughing, the sharks on his fists clinking when he had to lean forward and hold his knees, doubled over. "If only I could consider it, Elena, I am just as immortal as you are. I'm a goddess of a star, Alrescha. If you made an offer to the star god you are more familiar with and asked Ra, of the sun, I think you might have similar luck even though he dresses similar.
Last edited by Isis on Sun May 24, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #272 (isolation #56) » Tue May 26, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Isis »

In post 271, Hoctac wrote:
In post 208, DoctorPepper wrote:I don't fully understand the Clidd wagon but I'm a bit wary of the speed that it is forming
In post 232, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 230, Titus wrote:Hoctac might be scum here.
I'm inclined to agree with you ngl
VOTE: DoctarMangoJuice
Although there is a playerlist name more similar to this than any other, the amount of change is out of range of a typo or misspelling. Votes like these will not be counted unless nickname registration is used
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #275 (isolation #57) » Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.8
clidd
'------------- (2) Elements, Pigman
Hoctac
----------- (1) Titus
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
Elements
.--------
Chemist1422
----
DoctorPepper
'--- (1) Chemist1422
Pigman
---------- (1) Hoctac
Titus
-------------

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

A water droplet adorns the backside of the lady's laptop, and is colored an azure blue. But her keyboard has accent lighting in every color of the rainbow.
She glances at all the transformed children, but mostly focuses on the screen, typing something. But occasionally after someone says something, the keyboard's taps are a little faster for a little while.
The sun hangs above in the sky in position for late afternoon. None of the children noticed that its position exactly matched where it'd been when they had all pulled from the gacha machines.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 26, 2020 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #276 (isolation #58) » Tue May 26, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Isis »

In post 0, Isis wrote: [*]You can bold a request to make a nickname for another player official, so that it will be counted in votes. Each player will get two, but using a nickname someone else made up is valid. Nicknames don't start working until after they're acknowledged in the next votecount.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #300 (isolation #59) » Tue May 26, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.9
clidd
'------------- (1) Pigman
Hoctac
----------- (2) Titus, Elements
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
Elements
.--------
Chemist1422
----
DoctorPepper
'--- (2) Chemist1422, Dunnstral
Pigman
---------- (1) Hoctac
Titus
-------------

Not voting (2): clidd, DoctorPepper

Replacement and aliases reference

Two new nicknames were registered for DoctorPepper by Hoctac

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Hoctac flutters down onto the pavement in front of Fire Sorcerer. He looks like he has a tummyache. He lets out a little moan of pain and draws his wings around himself. He gently trembles with the stress of feeling like his body might change back. His eyes swell like saucers. It's hard to imagine even a puppy could look cuter.

"Are you cold?" Fire Sorcerer summons some flame and kneels down to put it near Hoctac, but it doesn't turn his frown upside down. "It's the magic stone thing we were told about," Tea Gardner reasons out. "Let's spend one." They carry Hoctac over to the backside of one of the gacha machines, where the cables the woman told them about hang. Fire Sorcerer pulls a magic stone out from her hat and pays it into machine. Then Tea Gardner and Fire Sorcerer each hold a cable against Hoctac. A rainbow colored current flows from the machine, passing through Hoctac's body like a warmth. Relief slowly spreads across his face and by the time the current stops flowing, his wings are even cheerfully beating.

Elements flutters down onto the pavement in front of Fire Sorcerer. He looks like he has a tummyache. He lets out a little moan of pain and draws his wings around himself. He gently trembles with the stress of feeling like his body might change back. His eyes swell like saucers. It's hard to imagine even a puppy could look cuter.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #318 (isolation #60) » Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 306, Hoctac wrote:VOTE: DoctorMiranda
This vote does not count because the nickname was used before it was acknowledged in a votecount (at the time it was placed, the votecount that tops this page still read "+297").
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #330 (isolation #61) » Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.10
GeorgeBailey
Hoctac
----------- (1) Titus
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
Elements
.--------
Chemist1422
---- (1) Elements
DoctorPepper
'--- (3) Chemist1422, Dunnstral, Hoctac
Pigman
----------
Titus
-------------

Not voting (2): GeorgeBailey, DoctorPepper

GeorgeBailey has replaced clidd

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Fire Sorcerer did not fall for it. Elements has to gave up on the idea.
What had he been thinking? Would it really play to his strengths to rely on tricks like the others? He was a giant BEAST. Time for BEAST MODE.
Elements looked around for the best victim, and found someone who scarcely weighed more than he had this morning.
Chemist1422 was experimenting with his newfound affinity for the wind, moving orange leaves around with swirls and making a steady breeze that ruffled his own hair.
"Hello, Elements, what brings you by?" Chemist1422 asked when he saw the manticore approaching. Maybe he could have fun fanning his flames?
Elements leaped and used the updraft from Chemist1422's winds to soar higher than he usually could manage, then he dived down to slam his paws with massive weight right beside Chemist1422. The barefoot demon princess naturally could not keep his balance and stumbled onto his backside. Elements' hope was that a few magic stones would tumble loose.
Last edited by Isis on Fri May 29, 2020 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #332 (isolation #62) » Thu May 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Isis »

GeorgeBailey replaces clidd effective immediately
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #371 (isolation #63) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Isis »

shiki replaces Chemist1422
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #374 (isolation #64) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Isis »

+198
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #375 (isolation #65) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.10
GeorgeBailey
Hoctac
----------- (1) Titus
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.--------
shiki
---- (1) Elena Fisher
DoctorPepper
'--- (3) shiki, Dunnstral, Hoctac
Pigman
---------- (2) GeorgeBailey, Elements
Titus
-------------

Not voting (1): DoctorPepper

shiki has replaced Chemist1422

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

shiki fell onto her backside on the white concrete. Reflexively, she drew the wind in a tight coccoon around her body, keeping any of her precious magic stones from tumbling away. Elena Fisher walked over to the demon princess with a caring look on her face. "That looks like it hurt. I can't afford to lose my Fujin. I would be dead in the water. I'm too strong to hold my own strength in check, so without your Wild Wind removing overstrength shields I'm hosed". Elena Fisher flipped her cane around, holding the skinny end, and offered it to shiki. Shiki grabbed onto the fat end of the cane, and smiled appreciatively. The dainty, light princess pushed her feet against the ground while holding tight to the cane so that it would help lift her to her feet.
Elena Fisher calculated that using 8/10 of her strength would be the right amount to help the lightweight goddess up. Thinking about a little headache she had going on, she decided on 10/10.
"Whoa!" shiki blurted. Elena Fisher yanked so hard that shiki tumbles through the air in an arc, then landed in a pile of leaves, on her back once again. A couple stones tumbled out, but she grabbed them quickly, and safe underneath the leaves no one else was able to get them first.
"Um. I'll assume that was an accident. Like when we fought sopdet and you tried to do it without me and made 8 combos but then another one fell in off the top. You are so clumsy sometimes Elena Fisher."
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #426 (isolation #66) » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.11
GeorgeBailey
Hoctac
----------- (1) Titus
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.--------
shiki
---- (2) DoctorPepper, Elements
DoctorPepper
'--- (2) shiki, Dunnstral
Pigman
---------- (2) GeorgeBailey, Elena Fisher
Titus
------------- (1) Hoctac

Not voting (0):

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Hoctac had seen the kind of mean challenging Titus had been up to. It seemed like she would be able to demand magic stones if she stumped someone. But Hoctac bet it worked the other way around too.
"Titus, challenge me! I wanna do a puzzle. I have such great friends to help me." Hoctac did a loop de loop in the air, fluttering his wings.
"You're sure? You want to do a combo puzzle? If you lose, it could cost you.." Titus tilted her head and looked at Hoctac with one foreboding eye. She had seen so many fools enter her dungeon, she felt she could warn him and profit all the same.
"Yes! It sounds like so much fun. Cloud puzzles, roulette orb puzzles. But whatever you do. Don't give me a blind puzzle. I hate that, I can't handle that, those are too hard, if all the orbs are hidden into black and I'm supposed to make them match on color, I'm hosed!!!"
"And you will give me stones if you lose?"
"I swear to Br'er Rabbit."
"Teehee, ok."
Titus summoned him a puzzle, and she immediately blinded all of the orbs. She set the combo requirement to eight and covered up a complacent grin.
"Oh no! Fire Sorcerer! Tea Gardner! We can't see anything. But."
We're all in this together

Hoctac's active skill replaces the orbs. The new ones that fall in are unshadowed.
"If we make three combos each, maybe she will have to give us stones!" Tea Gardner said.
Fire Sorcerer, of course, puts her finger on a fire orb.
Last edited by Isis on Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #451 (isolation #67) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 448, Hoctac wrote:Oh wait, my nickname for him is actually "Doct
a
rPepsi", not "Doct
o
rPepsi"

You were looking forward to a no-lynch, weren't you, Isis? Not on my watch.

VOTE: DoctarPepsi
The mispellings rule applies to nicknames in a similar fashion to playerlist names. So does abbreviations, so be cautious of nicknames making previously unique abbreviations non-unique.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #452 (isolation #68) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.F
GeorgeBailey
Hoctac
----------- (1) Titus
Elena Fisher
-----
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.--------
shiki
---- (2) DoctorPepper, Elements
DoctorPepper
'--- (5) shiki, Dunnstral, GeorgeBailey, Hoctac, Elena Fisher
Pigman
----------
Titus
-------------

Not voting (0):

ImageImage Imageclidd
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Elena Fisher tried to decide who would be least useful in their new form. Even those who weren't literally gods would be godlike if they stayed changed permanently.
Who was the least useful? Who would she not want on her team.
Not on my team...

She looked around and saw DoctorPepper, who looked like that fearful character from that one game her parents made her play until she finished it. She remembered swapping her out of the party over and over again when she played that game. That's a grim data point.
What else did she remember about that game?
"Dr. Pepper, how do you feel about gods? A certain attenuation for them runs in the family, doesn't it?"
Dr. Pepper equivocated. "I'm not a god, but you don't have to be a god to fight strong!" He lifted his hands up in a cheerful powerpose.
"Oh, I could say that's true, mortals can be strong. But
you
in particular have to be a human to stay
slow
"
Elena slammed her cane on the ground, and summoned an ambassador spirit from every god she could think of,
Nut,
Set,
Nepthys,
Ra,
and
Osiris.
They crackled with divine power, and they closed in on DoctorPepper, even though he was sensitive to it by blood and could be seen visibly shaking.
She ordered them closer and closer to DoctorPepper, making him uncomfortable. "Do you not feel the deity in half your heritage? Doesn't it make you want to transcend?!" "I.. feel really weird.. What is this?"
The spirits drew even closer, and the halfgod halfhuman felt his whole body enveloped in light and energy as it changed to a different, more godly appearance. He compulsively bolted into the sky as faster a fighter jet, arcing over the horizon out of view in second.
Behind were left a couple dozen magic stones. Everyone agreed to share them amongst eachother.
But Elena had a moment of realization as she tucked in her share away. "Wait, didn't my mom say Terra was pretty good if I would just the Trance command more? I never played over again like I was supposed to.."
A tree was split in half just from the force of DoctorPepper's takeoff.
Last edited by Isis on Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #453 (isolation #69) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Isis »

Dr. Pepper has been lynched. He was
town
Please submit all night actions by, either by PM or PT. The mafia PT can be used to submit actions, but other PTs cannot. If you're not sure whether you have a night action, click your name in the votecount for a refresher.
(expired on 2020-06-04 21:59:59)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #454 (isolation #70) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Isis »

As Elena Fisher was summoning the Egyptian gods' help to help her extract stones from DoctorPepper, she became very focused on it, fixated even. She turned her back on everyone except DoctorPepper and had focused only on the ritual. When the spirits were pleased they'd done what they were asked to do, only then was she more aware.
"Where are my stones?" Elena looked all around for the stones she had just a moment ago.
"Where are they!?!?!"
The sudden revelation she didn't have her original stones distracted her so much that she didn't grab her share from DoctorPepper. Instead she began feverishly searching around herself, whacking bushes with her cane to try to discover them. But they weren't anyway. There was no vermin lingering around with stones in its mouth like she hoped to find. It must have been one of the others.
She felt sick to her stomach, and the sickness from the transformation doubled over her own stress. She felt the godliness sap from her body, and she began to shrink, turning back into a human girl in winter apparel instead of an Egyptian symbol of power.
With so much disappointment, she couldn't keep from crying, but she didn't want to cry in front of the children still enjoying their new forms. She ran home to her parents. She couldn't tell them this story, they'd never believe it - but she knew in her heart it was still an experience she could keep in memory for the rest of her life.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #455 (isolation #71) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Isis »

Elena Fisher was eliminated during the night. She was
town
Day 2 deadline: (expired on 2020-06-13 21:59:59)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #456 (isolation #72) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.0
GeorgeBailey
'-------------
Hoctac
-----------
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.--------
shiki
----
Pigman
----------
Titus
-------------

Not voting (7): GeorgeBailey, Hoctac, Dunnstral, Elements, shiki, Pigman, Titus
Lynching deadline:(expired on 2020-06-13 21:59:59)

PINNED:

ImageImage ImageGeorgeBailey
Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Last edited by Isis on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #461 (isolation #73) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Isis »

GeorgeBailey felt his connection to Elena Fisher shattered by her untimely demise. The two Egyptians had painted heiroglyphic stories together, history in motion.
But even though Elena Fisher was gone, there was something meaningful left. GeorgeBailey smiled, thinking about the positives, and soared into the sky, and began painting on the clouds. He used his active skill to slow down time for everyone but himself, allowing him to draw hours and hours of what he'd experienced with Elena Fisher in minutes.
When he was finished, all of the others were able to look up at a colorful panorama etched in the clouds, telling the story of the pyramid destined for heaven or hell. It was heaven after all.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #470 (isolation #74) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Each player gets to assign a nickname twice per game. A nicknamed player dying does not refund the allotment
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #476 (isolation #75) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.1
GeorgeBailey
'------------- (1) Titus
Hoctac
-----------
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.--------
shiki
----
Pigman
----------
Titus
-------------

Not voting (6): GeorgeBailey, Hoctac, Dunnstral, Elements, shiki, Pigman

PINNED:

Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

GeorgeBailey came back from painting his heiroglyphic story on the sky, and looked at Titus's cloud puzzle, which he still hadn't tried to solve since it had been presented quite a while ago. He was afraid of messing it up. The orbs behind the cloud could be viewed, but only one at a time if he tapped them with his finger, never all at once. You have to see three at once to even make a match!
But after painting his heiroglyphs on the sky, he had an idea. He summoned his own cloud, of the same size, off to the side. Then he grabbed the celestial paints he had used on the sky just a moment ago. And to help him with the puzzle, he touched the orbs one by one and painted a copy of the orbs for reference.
Once he had done that, he was able to see the whole picture, and he comboed Titus's board completely, not even needing his active skill.
"How dare you!" Titus exclaimed. She stamped her foot and frowned, angry that GeorgeBailey had reached
eight
combos.
She still wanted his stones, and she would make the puzzle even harder.
"You know something about your silly paints GeorgeBailey? They are one color and that's it. Time for you to make me eight combos on -this- board."
She summoned him a new board, and this time some of the orbs would change color every second. It was very confusing and would require lots of timing and thinking to solve. And even if he made seven combos instead of eight, he would have to forfeit her stones.
Last edited by Isis on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #523 (isolation #76) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Isis »

+99
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #524 (isolation #77) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Isis »

+198
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #525 (isolation #78) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.2
GeorgeBailey
'--- (1) Titus
Hoctac
-----------
Dunnstral
-------- (2) GeorgeBailey, Hoctac
Elements
.--------
shiki
----
Pigman
---------- (1) Elements
Titus
-------------

Not voting (3): Dunnstral, shiki, Pigman

PINNED:

Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Elements flew around the park, hopping and gliding to find the best person to get stones from. Physical force hadn't worked last time. But Elements was flexible, time to try something different.
He should do something unique to his status as a supreme adventure ending dungeon boss.
"Pigman!" Elements exclaimed. He glided next to what was apparently a fertile goddess holding his companion pig. "Yes?" Pigman asked, holding Juryo a little closer.
"Pigman, you are my favorite. I really like you. So I have a proposition to offer you. I'm a dungeon boss, I'm so strong I have MILLIONs of HP and strong attacks.
I can get you strong too. You may not have wings, or fangs, or a poison stinger, but you have something. You have a pig to ride. So I know if you and him both buff up, you can become just as strong as Zhu Bhaije, my other dungeon boss friend! He and his piggie are so strong that any adventurers he fights he charges them and knocks them down to ONE HP, even if they had thousands! Now, for some reason, he always follows that up by eating a snack, that is not exactly the wisest follow up. But, you're already smarter than that, so if you train with me you can be smart
and
strong and beat everybody! All I'm asking is for three magic stones up front and one magic stone per session."
Pigman seems reluctant. He was very interested up until the part where he needed to spend precious magic stones. "Hm, I can think about it."
"Look at how much your pig wants it! He wants to become
SWOLE
. How can you deny such a cute companion his heart's desire??"
Elements' comment did not seem particularly burdened by reality. Juryo had wriggled out of Pigman's grip during the conversation, and was currently wallowing in mud. He let out a piggish squeal meant to indicate how delightful the mud felt to him.
"As a manticore, I can translate that for you, and I promise to do so honestly..."
Last edited by Isis on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #550 (isolation #79) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.3
GeorgeBailey
'--- (2) Titus, Elements
Hoctac
-----------
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.-------- (3) Hoctac, shiki, GeorgeBailey
shiki
----
Pigman
----------
Titus
-------------

Not voting (2): Dunnstral, Pigman

PINNED:

Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Fire Sorcerer walked in between Elements and Pigman, and Tea Gardner walked up too, holding Hoctac in her arms. They had been listening to Elements trying to convince Pigman to become a cruel and horrific boss that slaughtered poor adventurers.
"Elements, everything about that sounded cruel and awful, and harmful. Why would you want to stand around waiting for people to beat within an inch of their lives?" Tea Gardner chastised.
Hoctac made withering, fearful whimpers.
"The only part of that that wasn't abhorrent was the snacks, that sounded nice."
Hoctac chirped and wiggled in Tea Gardner's hold. He felt exactly the same way about snacks.
"You are a very angry creature, Elements. The problem is that you don't have a human as your guardian and to lead you on a good path. You could be so much more. Instead of standing guard in the arena dungeon, you could learn to be good and even be part of teams people want to bring to the dungeon to defeat it."
Fire Sorcerer looked at Tea Gardner and Hoctac. She knew Hoctac was at risk of turning back into a primary schoolchild, and that Tea Gardner and Fire Sorcerer were at risk of banishment, without enough stones.
"Elements, I can handle all of your fire. If you'll let me, I'll be your guardian. I will give you plusses, and feed you Tamadra, and teach you to strike evil instead of adventurers. I can tame you. We can make a dungeoning team, with you as the leader and Hoctac as first mate. All that is needed, is that you would supply me with magic stones the way Hoctac shares his with Tea Gardner."
Fire Sorcerer reaches up and gives the humongous creature a pat on the forehead, hoping the affection will win him over.
Last edited by Isis on Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #578 (isolation #80) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.4
GeorgeBailey
'--- (2) Titus, Elements
Hoctac
-----------
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.-------- (1) GeorgeBailey
shiki
----
Pigman
----------
Titus
------------- (1) Hoctac

Not voting (3): Dunnstral, Pigman, shiki

Shiki and Elements have received a new nickname each, from GeorgeBailey

PINNED:

Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Hoctac saw Titus challenging others with puzzles. It seemed very adversarial to him; he was not a fan. He chirped, and tugged on Tea Gardner's sleeve, wanting her to bring peace. Tea Gardner had a similar penchant for peace, but she didn't seem to have many ideas.

Fire Sorcerer also noticed, but she was far less inclined to take a peaceful approach. "Titus is being mean, and I don't think we want her to have that mean riddle power when this day is done. Time to go all out." Hoctac chirped, concerned about Fire Sorcerer's methods.

Fire Sorcerer pointed at all the four leaf clovers that naturally floated near Eir. "Four leaves in the bush is worth two in hand, I bet those are magic stone piñatas." The prodigal pyromancer reached behind each ear and tossed two magic stones into the air, lit them into flaming fireballs, and launched them at Titus. They singed her hair blacker as they narrowly missed harming her and decimated two of her four leaf clovers, burning eight leaves to ashes." As Fire Sorcerer predicted, magic stones began raining from where the clovers floated, falling into glowing piles.

"Oh no!" Titus exclaimed. She was clearly distressed. But it was when she was upset that she grew most powerful, and she resummoned an even larger clover to protect a pile of stones. Fire Sorcerer dashed to the other pile, hoping to grab far more than two before Titus could guard them.
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #625 (isolation #81) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.4
GeorgeBailey
'--- (2) Titus, Elements
Hoctac
-----------
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.-------- (2) GeorgeBailey, Hoctac
shiki
--------------
Pigman
-----------
Titus
------------- (1) Dunnstral

Not voting (2): Pigman, shiki

PINNED:

Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

Dunnstral saw a glint in the corner of his eye. Shiny, pink magic stones, free for the taking. They were near Titus, who was scrambling to recover them.
The mechanical star goddess knew he was not a fast runner, but he had an awakening skill Titus didn't that could help him tip the scales.
"Cosmic Charge - Aqua!" he activated, creating enough water orbs to work with. He only needed five.
Dunnstral manipulated his new water orbs and created an L shape to activate his L awakening, then used it to wall off the magic stones so he could get to them first..
With his head start, he moved towards the stones, grinning as he felt more and more sure he was about to become a few stones richer
Last edited by Isis on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #641 (isolation #82) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 2.Final
GeorgeBailey
'--- (1) Elements
Hoctac
-----------
Dunnstral
--------
Elements
.-------- (4) GeorgeBailey, Hoctac, Dunnstral, Titus
shiki
--------------
Pigman
-----------
Titus
-------------

Not voting (2): Pigman, shiki

PINNED:

Image ImageImageHoctac
ImageImageImageElements
ImageImageImageshiki
ImageImageImagePigman
ImageImageImageTitus

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #642 (isolation #83) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Isis »

Titus snatched up all of her stones, before Alrescha had gotten any. By now, it seemed everyone had tried to get one.
"Enough is enough! The real enemy is Elements! He is so huge he knocks people over! He tried a puppy act! He's trying to convince people to become dungeon bosses.

He should just share all of his stones with us and leave."
Titus managed to convince three of her peers, who each nodded. Elements had begun to be a bother.
"It's decided. Hand them over."
Titus held out her hands, waiting for Elements to submit his stones to the will of the majority.

"NO!" he shouted, lashing out at her with a stinger that she narrowly dodged.

Titus backed away with her posse, then protested to the lady on the bench. "You said the point was to decide who should give up their stones, but how will they be given out the right way if the giver won't necessarily cooperate, and weighs several tons? That's not fair."
"Indeed, it's not. I don't know if Elements' heart is pure, but hard embargos are not the goal of this exercise. If you need to struggle with him, I will assist you, but he will likely be so exhausted by fighting he will change back right away, so consider your choice."
"He's the one!" insisted Titus. "I couldn't even give him a puzzle, he'd go Gordian knot on it if I did. Help me! All of you!"
The transformed children agreed to join an assault on Elements. But in the end, would it bring joy or regret?

Spoiler:
Elements was
Mafia.
Last edited by Isis on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #643 (isolation #84) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Isis »

Submit your night actions by mafia PT or PM by (expired on 2020-06-16 02:59:59)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #644 (isolation #85) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Isis »

Night end will be delayed until Pigman's V/LA ends
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #645 (isolation #86) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Isis »

"I want to focus on my godlike qualities!"
Dunnstral announced it to the world, not caring who knows it.
Visions run through his head of joining forces with other powerful gods for a god based team.

Spoiler:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #646 (isolation #87) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Isis »

"Canonical PAD characters are boring Mary Sues! I want to be edgy like all those devil and attacker crossover cards!
I'm tired of being a god! I'm tired of being a healer! I'm not your nurse or your babysitter! I'm a devil attacker now!"
Titus boldly declares her change to the world.

Spoiler:
The black/green card to the right is Leona. Few have her because her source game King of Fighters is unpopular in North America, but she produces the only damage boost skill for both devils and attackers in the game, as shown on screen.
Last edited by Isis on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #647 (isolation #88) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Isis »

Elena Fisher sat at home. Even though it was a disappointment, a Saturday was a Saturday. She pulled open a comic book to read, to shift her mind away.

GeorgeBailey was still out there. Her next door neighbor had forged a special bond with her during the game, one so strong she knew he wouldn't steal or cheat others out of stones, which could make him a great champion if he got to keep his godliness. She allowed a smile on her face. Even if she was alone for the day, she was happy that there was hope of a good outcome.

Far far away, the transformed children happily finished counting the stones they'd split from the wicked Elements. After watching the incorrigible boy scurry back towards the occupied portion of the city, GeorgeBailey thought about who else had reverted human, and he looked up at the sky. Not hoping to find DoctorPepper exhausted and turning human, of course, they'd seen that expectedly happen a while ago. No, he was admiring the clouds he'd painted in a fit of inspiration, the beautiful stories between himself and Elena Fisher.
"Look!" GeorgeBailey pointed out. "The fat one has rotated some, you can see how I drew my friend's hair, now."

"Ex-friend"
someone coughed.
Ex-friend?
Would remaining a goddess permanently separate the two? Would Elena always resent if he won the game at the park, and she lost, and there was forever jealousy?
Was it wrong that he was still in it? Should he have given all of his stones to her to save her?
The sky goddess sobbed, huge, wet tears dropping as she floated in the air. The clouds in the sky sobbed too, washing the murals blearier and dampening everyone in the park.
"I can't do this. Take my stones." GeorgeBailey flung all his stones out for the others to catch in an impulsive, sacrificial fashion. And he flew homeward so he could play catch and watch cartoons with his best friend and let her know he'd never want to lose their friendship, knowing by the time he reached populated streets the breeze under his feet would be replaced by footsteps.

GeorgeBailey was factionally removed from the game. He was
town.
Last edited by Isis on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #648 (isolation #89) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Isis »

Image Image
"That's interesting", the woman with the laptop says. "I like when things are interesting," she adds, not without darkness.
"I think I know where he's going. Care to look?"
The woman turns the laptop around in her lap, and it shows Elena Fisher's porch, apparently from her family's home security system (which shouldn't be internet accessible?). The five who remain in the park watch as a human GeorgeBailey arrives on her porch, and after knocking, embraces Elena Fisher in a cathartic, loyal hug, a hug of two humans, bereft of such recent godliness.
The blue-haired woman watches too, upside down, and seems interested, but not touched. But one softhearted viewer is deeply touched by the display of mortal vulnerability.

The God-God bonus has been triggered! The mafia have 48 hours to make the selection for the bonus. With only five players remaining and with this being consecutive to another night phase, I am going to start trying for Fast Night, please PM me a Fast Night request if you are not mafia and would like this to resolve more quickly.
(expired on 2020-06-18 15:59:59)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #649 (isolation #90) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Isis »

+297
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #650 (isolation #91) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 3.0Hoctac-----------
Dunnstral--------
shiki--------------
Pigman-----------
Titus--------------

Not voting (5): Hoctac, Dunnstral, shiki, Pigman, Titus
Lynching deadline:(expired on 2020-06-24 11:59:59)

PINNED:

Image + Image !

The woman stops watching the video when the figures begin conversing, a duller event given the footage's lack of audio.
"They seem to have a special bond," she summarizes, surprisingly clinically. "But I've never had a friendship with quite that type of dynamic, so it seems foreign to me. But I'd say there's about one of you that has." She slowly closes the laptop and pulls it closer in her lap, the heat of the laptop's strain from playing video warming her from the chilly day.
"You're coming close to having enough stones for everyone, I think," the lady mused. "But as there are fewer of you, you might have to get even more creative in how you share your stones. I can't wait to see what you come up with."
She fit her pair of headphones snug around her head and connected it to a wPod, playing classical music as she watched the next developments. What would happen next?
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #653 (isolation #92) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Isis »

Sorry, after two 48 hour deadlines in a row I forgot my policy.

It has been corrected, day 3 is a 7 day deadline according to 5 players + 2 additional days
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #659 (isolation #93) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Isis »

In post 655, Hoctac wrote:
In post 648, Isis wrote: (expired on 2020-06-18 15:59:59)
The IC will be revealed at the end of this countdown?

That countdown was a deadline for the mafia to submit a selection. It is no longer relevant.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #661 (isolation #94) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Isis »

The Innocent Child ability granted last night is an immediate reveal variant, that generates a moderator announcement at the first moment the player has the Innocent Child ability and is town-aligned simultaneously. There is no delay.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #669 (isolation #95) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Isis »

Uck.
There has been sloppy moderation. The version of the setup in post 1 was outdated before gamestart, I'm not sure how it was preserved and made it in there. I had nerfed Gods to one public cop a long time ago.

NK cheat sheet wasn't meant to to have force-of-rules, but I forgot that at some point somehow, so the effect given was that from the cheat sheet, instead of
1 public cop.

In the future I will avoid setup summaries, I think it seems too harmful to have any inexact description of the setup floating around.

Two public cops was a typo but not a gamebreaking one, therefore such an error preserved through gamestart should have been treated as canon.

Since it is a situation where the mod error has not reached a severity that locks either side out of winning I'm not going to issue any undos.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #670 (isolation #96) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Isis »

Lone scum picks someone to become an IC
This is the bonus that was granted. A living player has the Innocent Child role.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #682 (isolation #97) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Yes
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #706 (isolation #98) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 4.0Hoctac-----------
Dunnstral--------
shiki--------------

Not voting (3): Hoctac, Dunnstral, shiki,
Lynching deadline:(expired on 2020-06-29 11:59:59)

PINNED:

Image + Image !
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #723 (isolation #99) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 3.finalHoctac-----------
Dunnstral--------
shiki--------------
Pigman----------- (3) Dunnstral, Titus, shiki
Titus--------------

Not voting (2): Hoctac, Pigman
Lynching deadline:(expired on 2020-06-24 11:59:59)

PINNED:

Image + Image !
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #724 (isolation #100) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Isis »

Shiki floated on her own breezes. While others were debating who should have a single stone, she was always thinking about how she could get
many
stones. Few seemed a better target than Pigman. The silly apparent goddess spent so much time and attachment with a mammal of the Earth, what hope would she stand against the cleverness of the winds?

"Oh no, I dropped some stones!" shiki shouted affectedly. She merely let two stones tumble out of her palm, undisturbed they would have just landed on her clothes, but she summoned a zephyr that spirited them several yards behind her.
"Where are they?!" She knelt down, pretending to assume they were in front of her, "looking for the stones."

Pigman and Juryo were each walking somewhat weakly feeling hungry for magic, when Pigman's eyes glinted at the spectacle.
"Stay here Juryo - you don't have time to take off your Odin-Disguise in time." Pigman whispered to his faithful companion. He stealthily dashed to the stones, drawing closer... and reached them! And pocketed both of them!
Shiki didn't turn around.
She didn't have to.
She was carrying a large bag of winds over her shoulder, one that was also filled with a cacophony of squealing and a buffeted body in the billowing bag.
"Seems you have something of mine, but I have something of yours. I reckon I saw you pick up... fourteen stones. That will be the price to receive your pet back," shiki offered as a demon's bargain.
Pigman looked through his things, and counted exactly fourteen stones of his that remained.
He decided that giving them to shiki was not the best use, if they would both just leave the park immediately.
"Come here and I'll give them to you, shiki."
Shiki grinned and stepped closer, as Pigman held a stone in his outstretched hand. But with his other hand he fed a stone to one of the Gacha machines, thirteen times. Then a fourteenth.
The machine began billowing brightly, bursting with a violent spectrum of color. Then Pigman grabbed one of the wires and fired it like a garden hose, spraying a colorfully conglomerated cylinder of erratic enhancing energy into the bag for Juryo to absorb.
"Juryo can be anything he wants to be! But he doesn't want to be wind in a dumb bag of winds! We like Earth!"
"OINK OINK SQUEEEE!"
A cut in the bag in the shape of a shark's bite appeared. No sooner had it appeared than it was set on fire, and burned open. From amongst the smoke, a brunette teenage girl appeared. "No matter how dark things may get, the special bond I share with my friends will always find a way to shine through! I may be scared, but that fear won't keep me from dueling!" he declared, excited about his freedom.
Shiki noticed the turn of the tables, and dropped the destroyed bag. She summoned a tailwind so she could lightly flee on their winds, but behind her an identically dressed, equally light demon followed, summoning his own winds and using hers too to catch up.

A weakening Pigman watched in wonder at the development. It was so many transformations in seconds. "Wow... just a minute ago I was so proud he could look like Odin and then just hold still... he's gained so much power." He felt a loss of hope as he felt a twinge in his stomach foretelling his return home. But he knew Juryo would last at least a few hours just from this, and it granted him a small smile.

"Stop! 8 combos! Make eight combos for me!" Juryo had transformed so quickly that the four leaf clovers around him were battered by still-blowing- winds. Three walls of puzzles with spinners, blinds, and cloud cornered shiki, forcing her to face him. The demon princess looked truly cornered.

"Stop.. it's okay!" A little boy yelled from the knoll nearby, panting a bit from the experience of falling to his own form. It was Pigman
"I'm going home, ok Juryo? So you don't have to fight and be mean to try to save me." Disappointment fought to take its place on his visage, but he hid it as best he could to not let Juryo down. He surreptitiously felt the trusty spot along his calf, instead of a honed knife there was only the yo-yo he kept on an anklet. Bravely, Pigman avoided any tears.

"You keep playing as long as you're special. Make some great stories to tell me ok? And tonight, just like every Saturday, I'll give you my scraps from turkey dinner once Mom and Dad aren't looking. But extra tonight, for sure."

A floating green orb had turned its back on shiki to watch Pigman's feelings, eyes widening their blackness with emotion, but after Pigman made a final forced smile, he turned around in case he might cry. Juryo fluttered to the ground with a plop. He definitely understood it meant something to Pigman for him to continue playing, so he made it his mission. In a moment, what looked like mechanical star god was helping shiki break through the puzzle walls he'd made her.
He showed shiki how he could make all the blue orbs from the blindness puzzle sparkle, which affected their shape to make them easier to combo to eight when they were all black.

Pigman was selected to be eliminated. He was
town
. Due to the impact of a game mechanic, Pigman isn't joining the dead PT and remains bound by out of thread communication/ongoing game considerations until he's exhausted all powers that can influence the game.
Last edited by Isis on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #725 (isolation #101) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Isis »

It is now night 3. Please submit night actions by:
(expired on 2020-06-23 21:59:59)

And also, please submit fast night requests.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #726 (isolation #102) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Isis »

Hoctac realizes he has a halo and the assistance of hellfire and decides it makes little sense for
not
be a god and a devil. It just makes too much sense.
He rapidly begins collecting all the Devil and God cards he can find, because he also wants to be a duelmaster.
Hoctac does not believe in his own limits.
Spoiler:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #727 (isolation #103) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Isis »

As Juryo and shiki solve puzzles together, it starts to become fun, to practice and explore. Later, Titus shows up, and starts making up different puzzles, for fun, and everyone tries their hand at solving them. She keeps the stakes low - a piece of candy or a sniff at one of her clovers. For the moment, they enjoy camaraderie and peace, and Titus is interested by Juryo's slightly different approach to making puzzles. Whenever someone solved a puzzle, Titus's pact magic dispensed its reward, and it was a joy for her to do so.

Titus got so involved with it, she got tired. She needed a nap. The other monsters were fine, but she had racked her brain so hard making up fun puzzles that she needed a rest. She laid down on a park bench, using one of her clovers as a pillow.

Unfortunately, Titus was a half-lucid dreamer, and a sleep talker, and her pact magic wasn't always in check.

"Are you dreaming Titus?"

"No, I know I'm not dreaming because the brownie tastes good."

"Oh.. Titus, if I solve the next question you ask of me, do you agree to give me all of your magic stones?"

"
Mmm... sure.. but I don't have a question, so I don't have to worry."

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

When Titus woke up several minutes later, there was no one close nearby. she felt woozy and like she needed another does from the machine. But when she reached for her stones, they were all gone. With horror she remembered that strange dream she'd had last night, and kept trying to remember the very end so she could tell the others, but the more she began to fade back into a little girl, the more the memories faded.
When she was back to the way she'd been in the morning, she decided to walk on home, and not upset any of the others.

Titus has been factionally eliminated. She was
town.
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #728 (isolation #104) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 4.0Hoctac-----------
Dunnstral--------
shiki--------------

Not voting (3): Hoctac, Dunnstral, shiki,

PINNED:

Image + Image !
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #730 (isolation #105) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Isis »

As Juryo honors Pigman's parting wish by continuing to spend time with the transformed children, he chooses to use his empowered disguising ability to take the form of a demon wind princess. He's not sure he will make it until sundown, but he'll be able to tell Pigman stories about ruining everyone's hairdo with breezes.
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #808 (isolation #106) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 4.1Hoctac----------- Dunnstral, shiki
Dunnstral--------
shiki--------------

Not voting (1): Hoctac

PINNED:

Image + Image !
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #809 (isolation #107) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Isis »

The demon wind princess ruptured her wind bag earlier, but had soon constructed another. She had it hoisted over her shoulder, a mystical vessel that somehow captured something as ephemeral as the wind itself.

While holding onto it, she watched Hoctac parade and brag about his new collection of gods and devils, some of them from dueling games like Yu Gi Oh. Shiki looked curiously at the faces of the cards, and how similar they seemed to Hoctac.

"Hoctac, you are saying these cards represent monsters. Captured into these cards. And you harness their power?"
"Yes! It's such an exciting game! All the cards are like your friends. They activate whenever you throw them, but of course you don't throw them when the card wouldn't really want to duel, that would make you a bad friend.
"Hmm... And remind me of something. You are a monster also, Hoctac?"
"Yes! My best friends are Tea Gardner and Fire Sorcerer!"
Shiki adjusted her bag of winds to the other shoulder, the very special straw the bag was made of holding the winds in. That's right... it was amazing what one could contain... when using just the right vessel.

"Hoctac, hold still."

Shiki used one of the blank cards amongst Hoctac's junk and trapped him in it, then equipped it to herself, greatly increasing her strength, especially since Hoctac was holding onto all of his magic stones when she did so.

"I think I quite like being a duelmaster, " Shiki said, with an evil grin. With a cyclone of wind, she locked Dunnstral into combat and began to duel him, both dealing blows from her own proficiency with the wind and healing herself from Alrescha's water jets and typhoons with Shining Friendship power!

After a long marathon of a fight, Dunnstral felt limp onto the ground, unable to lift a finger to resist shiki divesting him of all his magic stones.

"Power begets power, star god." she sneered.

Coincidence or not, Elements stumbled back into the park, to witness Dunnstral and Hoctac turning back to humans, Hoctac more comically as the card rejected each of his human limbs one by one and spat him out like a long string of sphaghetti.
"You did it shiki!" he said, with an affable smile, somehow inheriting a manticore's underbite even as a human.
"Are you going to remember me?" "Of course," shiki said.

"Well, I put no limits on methods, but I can't say I thought of that one." The lady on the bench said. She typed into her laptop, as if making one final note, then closed it and stood up, as if ready to leave. "You won't even need all of those stones you have to make it shiki.. it's kind of a waste, you and Dunnstral could have both made it. I encourage you to be responsible to this world in your everlife. And... I hope you do.."
There was visible discomfort.
"This is the first time a winner has come out... this way. The detractors said someone who won the way you did would be surely evil. But we shall only see what we shall see."
Shiki had a million questions about immortality, truancy, mythology and family, but she was provided no answers. The park cleared out leaving no one but her and Elements. And for once, finally, they could talk.

The boy spoke. "Ok, I know there's a lot to figure out, later and stuff," Elements started. "But first, before all of that, I think we should go fly a killer kite. Come on. We have to."
Last edited by Isis on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #810 (isolation #108) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Isis »

The scumteam of
Elements and shiki
wins Gacha Mafia! The town faction of
Dunnstral, Titus, Hoctac, DoctorPepper, Pigman, GeorgeBailey, and Elena Fisher
takes second place!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #811 (isolation #109) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #812 (isolation #110) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Scum PT is released once Elements and Shiki confirm.
"Raziel" PT already became public during the game.
DoctorPepper was lynched before he could create a PT
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #813 (isolation #111) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by Isis »

This is undoubtedly the worst I've ever moderated, and I'm sorry for everyone who participated in the game. Poor curation of the setup information led to a situation where absolutely everyone was disappointed, and the actual setup played was mountainous-but-sometimes-you-can't-kill-who-you-want, which I could run without losing sleep but I would want to run intentionally, and is very understandably not a town power level anyone queued for.

In addition to making errors themselves, I think I practiced too much restraint with respect to midgame adjustments to make the game match the original projected setup promised from the start. I do still believe in restraint and minimal intervention but I think I took it too far in a few different ways.

Regarding the setup itself, if I average the routes people thought they were playing too -oof- I was happy with the calibration. I think the Day 1 dayplay showed that not starting on a day 1 lynch was a design flaw for this setup though. Many special mechanics kick off with a day 1 lynch. Some special mechanics seem to get along fine without a day 1 lynch - like FakeGod's dance games. I think this needs a day 1 lynch. I'm thinking the day 1 lynch victim could give and identity to another player, and then that player could give one to another, popcorn style, to conclude day 1. Tentatively. Or maybe it'd just be a day two activity.

This game was somewhat indulgent using a flavor I'm familiar with that others aren't. I tried to reference more generically relatable elements of the source material when I could. I'm going to try not to mod obscure source material all the time. If I don't powerquit modding.

I appreciate the replacements and everyone who kept their activity level healthy.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #816 (isolation #112) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 814, Dunnstral wrote:Well, I don't think I was going to be able to convince Hoctac otherwise even if I arrived at the correct decision

The IC vs public cop thing wasn't a big deal
if
the nerfed version with 1 public cop had went through instead, it was probably going to confirm Titus who would then die the next day. If it remained as the 2-shot version things could have been different, I'd guess it would be used on Hoctac

Setup wise: Near the start of the setup I discovered (?) that town can mess up with the card throws and make it so one person both needs a card-egg and has the card-egg, I don't like that being in the game as a (gotcha) as it's really punishing if it happens and I don't think that was the intent
Yeah it wasn't intended, if town was super careful and avoided it and lynchpunished people who messed it up they could get around it but it wasn't intended.
Part of what's attractive about popcorn is removing that.
I don't want people to have to make dethy charts to play a setup.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #817 (isolation #113) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Isis »

apropos of nothing
just now, two years and two month's after Pandora's adoption, I finally collected the card I named her after:

I collected Loki about six months ago so now I have both.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #819 (isolation #114) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #822 (isolation #115) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Isis »

No, shiki, you didn't do anything wrong. When a moderator makes multiple contradictory moderator posts that can be quoted for a minefield of different possible citations the moderator has screwed up. In a very general sense, I did not spend enough time as a setup designer going over the solo-slot scenario for god, and I would have remembered it better if I did, and outcomes in general would have been better.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy PAD, it sounds like you don't like the gacha dynamic of possibly knowing about cards and not having them. That's rough to me too sometimes. For what it's worth, Goddess of Power, Kali, is considered a high value teammate that can provide all five colors and healing on her active, and Goddess of Secrets, Kali, is considered very unuseful for winning strategies in most normal singleplayer dungeons because her skill does not make heal orbs. As far as success with rainbow colored strategies goes, many other units that are "free" if you beat their dungeons are better than Kali because they make hearts: Azathoth, Linthia, and Gaianaut.
However, they are both named "Kali", and it can be uncomfortable to find out about characters that seem cool and like a set and not be able to get them, and that can be independent of their "winningness", and that's a very legitimate reason to shy away from the genre. Similar games that are monetized differently can be more gratifying, like Pokemon where generally any Pokemon you find out about, you can go get.
In some cases, I gain joy fromm Puzzle and Dragons' unequal access to its characters itself. It means sometimes the popular guides for how to play the game best don't apply to me because I didn't get the right monster, so I have to make up stuff on my own. I get to be creative, but also not feel like I am picking weaker characters purely to be different from the things that are popular.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #823 (isolation #116) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Isis »

That's Librarian Goddess Kali, Shiki's favorite. Normal Kali wants to match all five colors, Librarian Kali wants to match all five colors, and is greedy to also requests to have an especially large green blob for the green part.
She's from the "school" event that has "school" versions of standard cards, which is what my avatar comes from. My avatar's character also wants to match all five colors (but gets fully satisfied with a mere four;)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #828 (isolation #117) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Isis »

I'd be honoured
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #829 (isolation #118) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”