Micro 953: Treestump Express [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:33 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.2

[2] pighawk :
Hoptic (), SherlockHolmes ()
[2] SherlockHolmes :
PookyTheMagicalBear (), AliceRaider45 ()
[1] Hoptic :
Shrek and Donkey ()
[1] Yshtola Rhul :
pighawk ()

[3] Not voting :
Chemist1422, Yshtola Rhul, Egix96

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to treestump. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-05 00:57:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
AliceRaider45
AliceRaider45
Goon
AliceRaider45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 am

Post by AliceRaider45 »

In post 99, Shrek and Donkey wrote:but the excitement about it from alice was the scummiest.
Can you tell me why? One sentence is enough.
AliceRaider45
AliceRaider45
Goon
AliceRaider45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:22 am

Post by AliceRaider45 »

My issue with your post was more you were complaining about the gamestate and not trying to move it forward at the same time.
Like you are scum, you know you need thoughts to look town but there wasn't anything going on for you to create reads. Which is a totally acceptable standpoint that is neither scum or town indicative. I don't disagree with you on that point in particular, I don't expect you to have page 4 reads.

You just are not 'pretending' to generate content either. Instead of explaining I'd rather draw a comparison, Sherlock has a dumb wolf read that won't stick and a town read on me that won't stick. Pooky has his stupid idea that he knows we aren't going to do. Pighawk is playing the silly question game. I can go on with more examples of people playing the game despite nothing going on.

So I think what you're saying is a bit hypocritical and I don't think you actually care about solving that problem.
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Hoptic »

Hectic slowly reclined in his chair as he heard the kerfuffle ring out below him. It was loud and was causing Hectic a fair amount of distress. At times like these, there was only one thing that could ease his mind and block out the noisy surroundings. Cracking open a bottle, he poured himself an ice cold drink of Ribena Blackcurrant. He took a careful sip, relishing it and allowing the berrylicious flavours to wash over him.

He sighed in relief, feeling significantly better with the Ribena in his system, and leaned over to have a look at what was going on below him. He was of course sat in his Boeing AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter, hovering over the ship's deck and viewing the events from a reasonable distance. He would be safe up here from the train conductor's murderer - at least providing they weren't some kind of seasoned javelin thrower. Hectic frowned, and closed the door of the chopper - he would prefer to avoid a Night King scenario.

Speaking of Kings, he was a little disappointed at the Hawk's performance thus far. He had been informed that the Hawk was a feisty creature when it had good intentions, and there was a proven track record to demonstrate this. Hectic wondered why the Hawk had decided to take a more lax approach on today's voyage. Perhaps it was breeding season?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 97, Hoptic wrote:How come you haven't made a single comment on my scumread?
how come you haven't made a single comment on your scumread?

you just voted and said you were happy without it without reasoning or even an indication it was serious
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Hoptic »

So you're going to ask me a question instead of responding to my question?
Who would do something like that?

I said it was serious.
They're pretty scummy (arguably)
Let's hear your thoughts.

-Hop
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 79, pighawk wrote:I feel like there's some good nuggets here so far, I haven't had a chance to digest yet. I will be signing my posts for those who are keeping track. Thoughts to come later, but wanted to make an entrance, Pork's got it rollin.

~Hawk
I had this post as showing a mindset I'm in ~relatively commonly as town

lack of follow-up is kinda eh but we're still on page 5
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:13 am

Post by pighawk »

In post 96, Egix96 wrote:
In post 89, Chemist1422 wrote: Game feels like a crawl rn which is not great for my engagement level
^^^
In post 90, Chemist1422 wrote:If I were to force something out, Hectic seems sort of unmotivated to solve and I don’t really like Hopkirk being more banter-y than not

please only remember this read if it’s correct
Tbf, Hect does feel a bit less "serious mode" compared to the game where I was scum with him.
In post 95, pighawk wrote:Ok here’s something:

This spoiler contains four posts from four players. Rank these posts from Towniest to Scumiest and give a reason.

Spoiler:
In post 53, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:When someone is certain they have a scum player figured out they use FINGER OF DEATH on that scum - we all vote him.

if that person is scum - we win.

if that person is town, we lynch whoever used the FINGER OF DEATH in the end-game.
In post 54, AliceRaider45 wrote:Crazy, let's do it!
In post 56, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 53, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:When someone is certain they have a scum player figured out they use FINGER OF DEATH on that scum - we all vote him.

if that person is town, we lynch whoever used the FINGER OF DEATH in the end-game.
I think this is objectively a bad plan, especially because it’s been called

Playing under the assumption that scum are willing to WIFOM this out and will never push a partner:
Town on town - (7/9) * (3/4) = 7/12 = 58.3%
Town on scum - (7/9) * (1/4) = 7/36 = 19.4%
Scum on town - (2/9) = 2/9 = 22.2%

So mathematically that works out to a 58.3% scum winrate, while voting randomly (1-(7/9 * 2/3)) is only a 51.8% chance
In post 58, Hoptic wrote:It's somehow even more magnificent than before.

Reads:
• Shrek and Donkey are probably unaligned.
• Sherlock Holmes is very kind for repeating out loud everything he writes.

FINGER OF DEATH: Misty

Your first mistake was assuming the finger of death was bound to your mortal rules of EV calculation. What would you like your final meal to be?

pighawk, why did warrant a vote?

-Hecti
I feel like I would have to do a lot of incessant nitpicking in order to derive anything from this.
There are essentially four different actions about the same thing:

Player A proposes FOD gameplan that would essentially be a coinflip
Player B says "let's do it!" but doesn't do it
Player C opposes the plan and present a reason why the plan would be sub-optimal
Player D acts on the plan

Now obviously not all of those players are scum, and it's unlikely they are all town (although possible)
So which of these three actions is the scummiest in a vaccuum?
Shrek and Donkey
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Shrek and Donkey »

In post 102, AliceRaider45 wrote:My issue with your post was more you were complaining about the gamestate and not trying to move it forward at the same time.
Like you are scum, you know you need thoughts to look town but there wasn't anything going on for you to create reads. Which is a totally acceptable standpoint that is neither scum or town indicative. I don't disagree with you on that point in particular, I don't expect you to have page 4 reads.

You just are not 'pretending' to generate content either. Instead of explaining I'd rather draw a comparison, Sherlock has a dumb wolf read that won't stick and a town read on me that won't stick. Pooky has his stupid idea that he knows we aren't going to do. Pighawk is playing the silly question game. I can go on with more examples of people playing the game despite nothing going on.

So I think what you're saying is a bit hypocritical and I don't think you actually care about solving that problem.
im assuming this was directed at me given your post above it. im not sure what post you're talking about though. and you're saying that im not doing anything to drive the game forward?

@pooky, why are you playing this game differently than normal? and not just a little differently...

-unicorn
Shrek and Donkey
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:44 am

In post 107, pighawk wrote:
In post 96, Egix96 wrote:
In post 89, Chemist1422 wrote: Game feels like a crawl rn which is not great for my engagement level
^^^
In post 90, Chemist1422 wrote:If I were to force something out, Hectic seems sort of unmotivated to solve and I don’t really like Hopkirk being more banter-y than not

please only remember this read if it’s correct
Tbf, Hect does feel a bit less "serious mode" compared to the game where I was scum with him.
In post 95, pighawk wrote:Ok here’s something:

This spoiler contains four posts from four players. Rank these posts from Towniest to Scumiest and give a reason.

Spoiler:

In post 54, AliceRaider45 wrote:Crazy, let's do it!
In post 56, Chemist1422 wrote:

I think this is objectively a bad plan, especially because it’s been called

Playing under the assumption that scum are willing to WIFOM this out and will never push a partner:
Town on town - (7/9) * (3/4) = 7/12 = 58.3%
Town on scum - (7/9) * (1/4) = 7/36 = 19.4%
Scum on town - (2/9) = 2/9 = 22.2%

So mathematically that works out to a 58.3% scum winrate, while voting randomly (1-(7/9 * 2/3)) is only a 51.8% chance
In post 58, Hoptic wrote:It's somehow even more magnificent than before.

Reads:
• Shrek and Donkey are probably unaligned.
• Sherlock Holmes is very kind for repeating out loud everything he writes.

FINGER OF DEATH: Misty

Your first mistake was assuming the finger of death was bound to your mortal rules of EV calculation. What would you like your final meal to be?

pighawk, why did warrant a vote?

-Hecti
I feel like I would have to do a lot of incessant nitpicking in order to derive anything from this.
There are essentially four different actions about the same thing:

Player C opposes the plan and present a reason why the plan would be sub-optimal

Now obviously not all of those players are scum, and it's unlikely they are all town (although possible)
so pighawk, im a bit curious why you keep bringing this up without doing any analysis yourself. i your thinking, but im very skeptical about why youd mention it and not do any work yourself.
Shrek and Donkey
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:49 am

In post 101, AliceRaider45 wrote:
In post 99, Shrek and Donkey wrote:but the excitement about it from alice was the scummiest.
Can you tell me why? One sentence is enough.
Speaking fur donkey 'ere, bit a ill plan kin come fae toun or scum, bit happily supporting a ill plan feels even worse.

One o' thae part plays doesn't cop lik' th' ithers, yin o' thae part plays juist doesn't belong. (One of these role plays doesn't feel like the others, one of these role plays just doesn't belong.)
VOTE: Alice
AliceRaider45
AliceRaider45
Goon
AliceRaider45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by AliceRaider45 »

Kinda harsh, I know my role play wasn't very good but I tried my best :(
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm nearly 100% sure alice is town
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:11 pm

In post 108, Shrek and Donkey wrote:im assuming this was directed at me given your post above it. im not sure what post you're talking about though. and you're saying that im not doing anything to drive the game forward?

@pooky, why are you playing this game differently than normal? and not just a little differently...

-unicorn
I enjoy roleplaying and I rarely get an opportunity to do it so when it happens I try to really enjoy the occasion.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 pm

In post 107, pighawk wrote:There are essentially four different actions about the same thing:

A-B-C-D are probably all town

Pighawk is probably scum trying to set up a false dilemma

I think we have a pretty good shot of winning if we lynch pighawk here.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
AliceRaider45
AliceRaider45
Goon
AliceRaider45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by AliceRaider45 »

I think Pighawks question game is kinda manipulative.

He is trying to pit people against each other without actually stating anything himself. With his take of "take 4 random people, you probably have 1 scum, who is the worst here." He is asking us to look at the game in a very linear way and conclude people are scum as a result.

Also doubles as engaging people without committing opinions himself since he isn't answering his own question. I think my opinion on this would be different if he answered his own question by now but I can't say for sure how I'd feel about something that didn't happen.

pedit: I love you Pooky.
AliceRaider45
AliceRaider45
Goon
AliceRaider45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by AliceRaider45 »

VOTE: pighawk
AliceRaider45
AliceRaider45
Goon
AliceRaider45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by AliceRaider45 »

Feels a lot less cool now that Pooky sniped my read reasoning.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:21 pm

my breakdown:

A) I know I'm town - I proposed a random stupid plan, it is a simple reaction test - there are reasons why this plan obviously doesn't work.
B) Player is excited for plan - doesn't seem like a scum reaction to the plan - I expect scum to be more reserved in a mountainous game - reaction doesn't seem faked.
C) Player has worked out probabilities for why plan doesn't work - however it misses the more obvious solution - which is that if a scum uses the finger of death and gets treestumped subsequently - the scum probability of victory rises to 66.6% assuming the town follows the plan - since there will be 3 players remaining and only a 1/3 chance of hitting the remaining scum.
D) Player doesn't take plan seriously at all - very carefree follow through - hard to see a scum doing this.

Pighawk's question is designed to stir discussion inside a subset - reducing the game down and create conflict - one reason could be that the entire subset is town - I find this very possible - hence pighawk is just trying to win Day 1 through reduction.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:26 pm

unvote

vote Pighawk
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Hoptic »

UNVOTE: pighawk [/unvoke] because Ev

-Ho