Song Contest 151 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:30 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I do approve of the guaranteed bid not being "next contest" only. It worked well before.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 74, PJ. wrote:1. First-time entrants

2. Last winner (whomever)

3. Current Song Contest Team (toolenduso and JurgenVW)

4. Any entrant who was cut in the period of the last 3 contests (except those cut for not voting) and has not used their guaranteed bid.
3 Contests remaining: Nobody!
2 Contests remaining: Nobody!
1 Contest remaining: Nobody!

5. Everyone that doesn't fit in the above categories or category 6

6. People who didn't vote in the last contest(or last 2 contest)
Well that's an interesting idea. So basically if there are cuts it would be non-voters from the last contest who get cut first, and then everybody else from category 5 gets thrown in the bucket and chosen at random for cuts?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 74, PJ. wrote:
In post 71, toolenduso wrote:
In post 67, PJ. wrote:
In post 64, PJ. wrote:The old voting rules should be applied to contests with cuts due to us changing the rules due to low participation.
I think doing this would create inconsistency as we go back and forth on the rules depending on participation.

I also didn't see the rule change as being solely due to low participation. The ban system was counterproductive, and 20 points was also a little too harsh in my opinion. Ultimately the idea is to reward good songs. If you set the point penalty too high it can obscure how much people liked a song just because the person entering it didn't fully participate because they failed to vote.

Did you prefer the old voting rules?
I think banning is the important part and not the point deduction. I think it is inherently unfair for non-voters to participate while someone like EP, who is both a long time participatant and a consistent voter, has to sit out while a non-voter gets in. At the very least, since you are worried about consistency(and it would probably be a pain to track)could we amend the rules on cut order? Something like:

"1. First-time entrants

4. Any entrant who was cut in the period of the last 3 contests (except those cut for not voting) and has not used their guaranteed bid.

6. People who didn't vote in the last contest(or last 2 contest)"
This is a good idea. It solves for the situation of someone who didn't vote last time getting in over someone who regularly participates but still allows them to share their music if there is room.
George Bailey
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Vi »

I've finished my second pass. It took effort.

Spoiler: the contenders - SAFE FOR HEDGEHOGS
ARMENIA -- Lianne La Havas {Lost & Found} -- She has a good voice. I like the mood this has going for it.

BELARUS -- Professor Elemental {Fighting Trousers} -- I can do a hammy dis track.

CANADA -- Cody Fry {Underground} -- I appreciate the whoo.

COSTA RICA -- MilkCan {Got To Move! (Millenium Girl)} -- I recognize this, having had the "experience" of watching a playthrough of this game. RIP Katy Kat, what a heckin' voice.

CUBA -- ALESTORM {Tortuga (feat. Captain Yarrface)} -- I really appreciate the commitment to the shtick, to say nothing of the harmonies and that nasty hook.

DENMARK -- Plini {Electric Sunrise} -- The first 100 seconds were pretty good. Submitting an instrumental is a bold move and I think this did well for it.

FINLAND -- The Weeknd {Belong to the World} -- This is reasonable enough; it's the right feel.

HUNGARY -- Shea Diamond {Don't Shoot} -- Good song, good lyrics, reasonably good vibe. I do like the vocal register of the vocals.

NEW ZEALAND -- Judah & the Lion {Going to Mars} -- I feel like this is an entire aesthetic that other people like and I could take or leave.

POLAND -- Grieves {On the Rocks} -- This is a style I'm not predisposed to, it's kind of all-or-nothing.

PRINCIPALITY OF PRANADEVIL'S FLAT, THE -- 椎名林檎 {公然の秘密} -- J-pop feat. live jazz? Sure, I'll take it. It does very well within its ambitions.

SOUTH KOREA -- 엘라스트 {기사의 맹세} -- Despite being fully aware of my biases, this will still not be the contest where I don't give points to K-pop. The rap verses are too good not to give it points.

USA -- Audiostrobelight {A Fifth of Feelgood} -- I actually don't hate this indie rock. The fiddle solos are a very nice touch.

ZAMBIA -- Roselia {Ringing Bloom} -- Purely from the arp synth I knew that this was from a rhythm game.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Vi »

and then

Spoiler: NOT SAFE FOR HEDGEHOGS
|
|
===TIER: POINTS~

(12) HUNGARY -- Shea Diamond {Don't Shoot}
-- Good song, good lyrics, reasonably good vibe. I do like the vocal register of the vocals. I'm not sure I would put this on a playlist before the song below it but it's much more compelling - this is the one that, once I've started listening to it, I want to
keep
listening to.

(10) SOUTH KOREA -- 엘라스트 {기사의 맹세}
-- Despite being fully aware of my biases, this will still not be the contest where I don't give points to K-pop. The rap verses are too good not to give it points.

(8) CUBA -- ALESTORM {Tortuga (feat. Captain Yarrface)}
-- I mean, it's pirate metal. You get what you expect. I really appreciate the commitment to the shtick, to say nothing of the harmonies and that nasty hook. If it were less... kinda dumb, tbh, and tried harder, this would have been a very easy 12.

(7) THE PRINCIPALITY OF PRANADEVIL'S FLAT -- 椎名林檎 {公然の秘密}
-- J-pop feat. live jazz? Sure, I'll take it. I feel like this is a little too pop-by-numbers to really rock my world but it does very well within its ambitions. Someone submitted a video with cops playing air guitar. I am a huge fan of how likely it is that this is not PraDe's submission.

(6) BELARUS -- Professor Elemental {Fighting Trousers}
-- I thought you were submitting something awful. This is genuinely one of the better things in the contest; I can do a hammy dis track.

===TIER: POINTS

(5) FINLAND -- The Weeknd {Belong to the World}
-- This is reasonable enough. It's the right feel but not the right kind of song for me.

(4) ARMENIA -- Lianne La Havas {Lost & Found}
-- She has a good voice. This isn't really my style but I like the mood this has going for it.

(3) DENMARK -- Plini {Electric Sunrise}
-- The first 100 seconds were pretty good. I'm not really sure what to do with what follows, where it sounds like they would rather break into something harder but are actively restraining themselves. Submitting an instrumental is a bold move and I think this did well for it.

(2) USA -- Audiostrobelight {A Fifth of Feelgood}
-- I actually don't hate this indie rock. The fiddle solos are a very nice touch but they need to be closer to a microphone. I wonder how this could be improved with a harmonica.

===TIER: POINTS?

(1) NEW ZEALAND -- Judah & the Lion {Going to Mars}
-- I feel like this is an entire aesthetic that other people like and I could take or leave.

CANADA -- Cody Fry {Underground}
-- White guy with guitar, attempting to emote. I appreciate the whoo. It picked up after 2:00 and it needed to. Honestly this isn't bad, but it's very normcore.

COSTA RICA -- MilkCan {Got To Move! (Millenium Girl)}
-- I recognize this, having had the "experience" of watching a playthrough of this game. The song's just okay - the call-and-response format of PaRappa songs hurts it a lot IMO - but RIP Katy Kat, what a heckin' voice. PaRappa needs to STFU, because he's why this is missing out on points.

ZAMBIA -- Roselia {Ringing Bloom}
-- Purely from the arp synth I knew that this was from a rhythm game. This is only so-so on my rhythm game style appreciation list.

POLAND -- Grieves {On the Rocks}
-- It's okay. It's got an okay groove, but with a style I'm not predisposed to it's kind of all-or-nothing.

===TIER: NO POINTS

GERMANY -- Spray {We Are Gothic}
-- This probably wasn't the right direction to take your entries. What is it with this genre and giving people seizures.

VIETNAM -- Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Kermit the Frog {African Alphabet}
-- Having seen LBM in concert, I fully believe this is something they would do. I'm definitely someone who didn't really understand the magic appeal of the Muppet Movie, so I'm not on board with Kermit's singing voice as is. Still, it's inoffensive.

IRELAND -- Vampire Weekend {Sympathy}
-- Hipster music is quite hipster. This doesn't really grip me but it's better than white/guitar/emote. That's not a very clean vocal sample in the beginning. The chorus reminded me of how I'd rather be listening to Long Train Runnin'.

DJIBOUTI -- THE MACHINIST {EMPIRE STATE OF EMERGENCY}
-- It got its point across first thing! Is there really a point in having interesting lyrics in this style?

CHINA -- Sydney Sprague {A-Bomb}
-- It has a beat, but it's not really anything in either direction. Generic pop song is generic.

VENEZUELA -- Circa Survive {Mandala}
-- I feel like I just heard this in a Song Contest. It sounds nice but I'm not really grabbed, even by the drummer going crazy. High-pitched hipster vocals are going to be low-priority for me.

AUSTRALIA -- Kousuke Atari {Natsuyuusora}
-- Now here's a virtuosic vocal performance. It reminds me of Indian music, even though it's not. I'm not much for slice-of-life, so this isn't going to score well from me, but it's good for a certain audience. I am criminally underrating this on some objective level but I don't really want to listen to this.

===TIER: NO POINTS.

MACAU -- D4NNY {Goodbye}
-- I think I'm missing some key context.

MUSHROOM KINGDOM -- SMG4 feat. Waluigi {We are number one but it's a Waluigi parody}
-- I made it through the whole thing. There were glimmers of potential given that I understood most of the references, but this still wouldn't have been worth it 12 years ago.

COTE D'IVOIRE -- Death {Politicians In My Eyes}
-- I kind of hate the guitar vamp, and the guitar more generally. I'll keep the bass though. I feel like this would be way better if it wasn't this.

===TIER: NO

CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC -- The Sugarcubes {Birthday}
-- It's not a basilisk hack like the acid rap song or the Bon Iver or Talking Heads entries. It really needs more electronic noises for maximum pain.

BRAZIL -- TobyMac {Feel It (ft. Mr. Talkbox)}
-- Equinox and I took an uQuiz for identifying real vs. made-up Christian pop lyrics. For fun we looked up the songs referenced, and while some of them were indeed as bad as one would expect, some of them were actually pretty good. I submitted this because it was better than what I was going to enter otherwise.

This isn't even the best artist from the list, so expect more religious propaganda in a future Song Contest~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 79, Vi wrote:I feel like this would be way better if it wasn't this.
lol
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 79, Vi wrote:
Spoiler: NOT SAFE FOR HEDGEHOGS
(6) BELARUS -- Professor Elemental {Fighting Trousers}
-- I thought you were submitting something awful. This is genuinely one of the better things in the contest; I can do a hammy dis track.
Spoiler:
This was more of a "Why the fuck does this even exist?" If you look back, I never said it was a bad track.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Plotinus »

In alphabetical order by country

Spoiler:
Armenia LianneLaHavas - Lost & Found - pretty
Australia Natsuyuusora - oh this is great
Belarus Fighting\ Trousers\ -\ Professor\ Elemental - not my thing but strangely compelling anyway
Brazil TobyMac\ -\ Feel\ It\ ft.\ Mr.\ TalkBox - another after school special
Canada Underground\ -\ Cody\ Fry - i like this
China A-Bomb - generic pop
Costa Rica Milkcan - Make It Sweet - sounds like the music in an after school special
Central African Republic Birthday - creepy
Cote d'Ivoire Politicians\ In\ My\ Eyes - boring
Cuba ALESTORM\ -\ Tortuga - annoying
Denmark Plini\ -\ \'Electric\ Sunrise\ - at least it's instrumental
Djibouti THE\ MACHINIST\ -\ EMPIRE\ STATE\ OF\ EMERGENCY - boring
Finland Belong\ To\ The\ World - generic pop
Germany Spray\ -\ We\ Are\ Gothic - this is good
Ireland - Vampire\ Weekend\ -\ Sympathy - meh
Macau D4NNY\ -\ Goodbye - not my thing
Mushroom Kingdom - SMG4 Waluigi - bad
New Zealand Judah & the Lion - Going to Mars - it's all right
Poland Grieves - On The Rocks - catchy
Principality of PranaDevil's Flat 椎名林檎\ -\ 公然の秘密 - no
South Korea \[E\'LAST\]\ 엘라스트\ -\ 기사의\ 맹세\(Swear\)\ M_V - good
USA Fan-Video - Audiostrobelight's 'A Fifth of Feelgood' - generic
Venezuela Circa\ Survive\ \'Mandala\' - whiny
Vietnam Sesame\ Street\ -\ African\ Alphabet\ with\ Kermit - I love Sesame Street
Zambia Ringing\ Bloom\'\ by\ Roselia - too fast, sounds like chipmunks
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:45 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 76, toolenduso wrote:
In post 74, PJ. wrote:1. First-time entrants

6. People who didn't vote in the last contest(or last 2 contest)
Well that's an interesting idea. So basically if there are cuts it would be non-voters from the last contest who get cut first, and then everybody else from category 5 gets thrown in the bucket and chosen at random for cuts?
yes
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Spoiler:
Cote d'Ivoire(Death)--So this is an interesting band I found, Death were a sort of garage band in the 70s coming out of the Detroit funk scene that predates most of what we consider "punk" music by a fair number of years. Due to a variety of reasons, they were denied by the label and sort of forgotten by history until their children found their demos. There's a good documentary on them called "The Band Called Death", highly recommend anyone watch it.
Australia(Kousuke Atari)-Its fine, I just dont really like this style of music much
Central African Republic(The Sugarcubes)--reminds me of a lot of Tammy's stuff.
Macau(D4NNY)--o7
Belarus(Fighting Trousers)--Oh man I've heard this so many times in chintzy electro-hip-hop-adjacent mixes lol.
China(Sydney Sprague)--This was really fun, brought me back to the femme pop-rock of the early 00s.
Ireland(Vampire Weekend)--Vampire Weekend Extinction Button. The World Has Progressed Past The Need For Vampire Weekend.
Finland(The Weeknd)--Actually, I think the world has progressed past the need for weekends of any type.
Germany(Spray)--This is pretty awesome, love me some synthy stuff even if a little amateurish.
New Zealand(Judah and the Lion)--I was ready to hate it but no this was okay actually.
Costa Rica(Milk Can)--fucking incredible listening to this in 2020.
Djibouti(The Machinist)--I think this would have been better as an instrumental, the growling didn't add to it.
USA(Audiostrobelight)--fucking amazing, man
Cuba(Alestorm)--This sure was Alestorm, but in a good way.
Brazil(TobyMac)--This was pretty catchy.
Hungary(Shea Diamond)--Not what I expected by someone named Shea Diamond, but pretty good.
Poland(Grieves)--honestly a pretty interesting production at least
Venezuela(Circa Survive)--I don't have much to say. It's fine.
Canada(Cody Fry)--meeeeeh
Armenia(Lianne La Havas)--people singing ballads with guitars is my least favorite genre
Vietnam(Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Kermit the Frog)--Thanks Kermit really appreciated this
South Korea(E'LAST)--The more bombastic elements of this carry it.
Mushroom Kingdom(SMG4 ft Waluigi)--Is this the future of the Song Contest?
Zambia(Roselia)--I'm a PasuPare fan, so go fuck yourself.
The Principality of PranaDevil's Flat(Sheena Ringo)--Best for last ofc

Pretty easy-breezy contest
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I enjoyed this contest more than the others since I've returned.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:20 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

TORTUGAAAA
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 84, Natirasha wrote:
Spoiler: Includes Tatsuya's entry
Zambia(Roselia)--I'm a PasuPare fan, so go fuck yourself.
Spoiler: Response
HMMMMMMMMMM?

In all honesty, I actually was on the edge between submitting a certain song of that band's or another song from Roselia that I also liked a lot (plus a few more from the same franchise) instead of this but yeah. I don't regret it. I'll refrain from submitting songs from the same whole franchise for at least next contest or two though to keep with the spirit of the rules.

Also feels weird finding more people who knows about the franchise.

And yes, I'm the one who egosearches my entry just because.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Vi »

This exchange between Natirasha and TK was everything I was hoping it would be.

Also @Cuba - why not Treasure Chest Party Quest
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Treasure Chest Party Quest was on the asgardia list
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Vi »

In post 89, Xtoxm wrote:Treasure Chest Party Quest was on the asgardia list
I was worried when I saw you were cut so I'm glad someone else (coincidentally?) ran with a similar theme this time.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:53 am

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 88, Vi wrote:This exchange between Natirasha and TK was everything I was hoping it would be.

Yeah... Cuba picked an exceptionally weak Alestorm song, which is a shame as so many great ones are available.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Vi »

On the bright side, it's a positive surprise. I keep whinging about how the bands I look into after learning about them from the Contest aren't as good as I'd hoped because I've already been exposed to their best work and it's all downhill from there.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Davsto »

this contest had some real reverse davsto syndrome for me
notachipmunk
notachipmunk
she
Goon
notachipmunk
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by notachipmunk »

First 10 are in order, the rest are mostly in order, generally

Germany - I liked this, reminds me of stuff I used to listen to a lot. I expected to like it a little bit more than I did, but I put my expectations way too high after the first 20 seconds XD

Zambia - this fits into one of the categories of songs I always end up giving points to

Armenia - ooh this was nice, her voice and style of singing are really good

Denmark - pleasant background music

Macau - it tried to do something, I don't know if I like it as a song but I like it as something. I also just bumped it like 5 spots before submitting votes.

Brazil - I kinda liked this, his voice was nice, music was ok

Djibouti - this was relaxing, idk why, usually metal doesn't relax me but that it how it seems atm.

China - it's ok, didn't stand out but didn't mind hearing it

Hungary - music is ok, though it actually got me listening to the lyrics (a lot of time I care more for the sound than the lyrics in a song)

Vietnam - my first thought was wait isn't that the group Lindsay Lohan's character liked in Mean Girls? So I searched the internet and skipped to that part of the movie just to confirm this. Completely missed the part about Kermit the Frog.

Ireland - idk not horrible to listen to but on the fence about it

Canada - was nice until the whoOo whoOo whoOo part (yes something this trivial got to me)

Poland - it's ok, no strong feelings about it

The Principality of PranaDevil's Flat - meh

Belarus - "fetch me my trousers at once!" is what I will remember from this. I don't know if I like it as a song but I like it as something - this is the second time i've said this in my life and both times have been during this song contest

Finland - there's just something I always end up not liking about his songs

Venezuela - mildly didn't like

Cuba - that was weird

USA - kind of forgot it was playing halfway through

Costa Rica - makes me feel like I'm in another decade, but then I looked at the music video and idk where I am anymore

Cote d'Ivoire - just not for me

Australia - good voice, but i didn't particularly enjoy the song

New Zealand - not for me

CAR - the whole structure of the song and the way the vocals sound are a bit unpleasant to me

Mushroom Kingdom
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 93, Davsto wrote:this contest had some real reverse davsto syndrome for me
mhm mhm
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

It's kinda hard this time. Lots of good and decent songs.
Top 3 for me is pretty solid, but further down the list things get a bit more blurry, and interchangeable so sorry for anyone who didn't get the cut. The list included my entry as always.

Spoiler: The comments
12 USA - This thing slaps! Totally like the vocals, and the addition of the violin makes this song so fun. I like it!
10 China - For some reason, I really like the vocals in this especially the chorus parts. Reminds me of some songs I listened in early 2010s. Oh, and that synth(keyboard sound?)! I like it!
8 Armenia - The vocal has a nice voice, and the whole song I find it really nice. I like it.

7 Brazil - That is catchy. Good song for some jive. I like it.
6 Denmark - Sounds like a BGM out of some indie story-driven game. I kinda dig this, especially the guitars. I like it.
5 Cuba - I thought this was that Youtube Rewind thing LOL. The power in this is cool, though. I like it.
4 New Zealand - I found the mix of acoustic instruments to be pleasant. I like it.
3 Ireland - I like the vibes coming from this. Towards the end things became a bit more random, but overall I enjoyed it. I like it.
2 Cote d'Ivoire - Wow, that's weird. The opening throws me off a bit, but the further I listen, the more I found the song a bit catchy, especially towards the end. Overall, I like it.
1 Canada - Smooth song. The end part felt good. I like it.

Germany - Again with the DJ-style music. Does not disappoint me. I like it.
Hungary - I can feel the power from the vocal. Decent song, I like it.
Australia - Nice vocal, smooth song. I mean, that's basically what this song is. I like it.
The Flat - Ah, Sheena Ringo. The song feels random but nice, with all that jazz. Also good thing I have my earphones. I like it.
Vietnam - A very pleasant song for a kids show. Kermit never disappoints. I like it.
Finland - The groove is nice, I like the chorus part. Good song, I like it.
Venezuela - Got some similar vibes to Denmark's. Kinda feels weird towards the end but I still enjoyed this nonetheless. I like it.
South Korea - Kinda like the instrumentals of this. Still thinks I can expect a better K-Pop song but this is decent enough. I like it.
Costa Rica - Not sure if doing simon says with the guitar is a good thing. But this is a song for the childhood, and it will always be. I like it.

Belarus - Generic rap song. At least it got good rhythm so it was fine listening.
Poland - Generic Hip-Hop song, I think. The song is catchy enough.
Central African Republic - Kinda like the vocal's screaming, but other than that is just fine.

Djibouti - It's getting to the point where I can safely say that Heavymetal is not for me. For a song of this type, I think I can see people liking this.
Macau - Eh.. okay? I know there's a clear audience for this, but it's definitely not me.
Mushroom Kingdom - I'm sorry, while this is a big meme, I can't rate this as a song. Besides, I'm getting a bit annoyed by this.

Zambia - As spoilered in , THIS IS MY ENTRY. So recently, I've been a fan of this music-then-anime-then-game franchise called
BanG Dream!
, where some bands in the franchise's voice actors literally plays real music. There are many, many songs I liked from that and here's one of them, I love the vocals in this, she's just great.

Anyway, fun contest. I'll keep coming back for more.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Song Contest »

apologies, i thought i'd be able to do results today but I'm on vacation in a place where I can only get internet about once a day and I don't have long enough to do it. So I will come back and do it tomorrow.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 88, Vi wrote:This exchange between Natirasha and TK was everything I was hoping it would be.

I mean, Treasure Chest is catchy, but it's very formulaic. Alestorm have tonnes of songs like Treasure Chest. I found it a bit boring on the second+ listen. I thought Tortuga was unique and varied. Wooden Leg 2 was hands down my favourite but without the first part it wouldn't have made too much sense. Zombies Ate My Pirate Ship is extremely memey, Henry Martin is a folk song cover, Chomp Chomp and Call of the Waves are decent but I just liked Tortuga better. The other three are just different variations of "fuck you landlubber lel".

But like, strokes, folks. You're free to use Treasure Chest in 15 contests and I'll give it high points pinkie promise. :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Vi »

*nod* I understand. Although I think
someone else
may submit it for me...

Return to “General Discussion”