Song Contest 151 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Whoops, almost missed it (technically may have been 5 minutes late from the deadline, hope I don't get cut).
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Also was there an occurence where more than one people submitted the exact same song in the same contest? Just asking for fun fact.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Woah 7 cuts? That's insane.

Song Contest is becoming more lively than ever.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 45, VashtaNeurotic wrote:I'd assume just first come first served for that, but maybe it's random. Also wow, Song Contest got really popular recently. Impressive.
Can't be first come first served since I'm probably the last one who submit.

Pretty sure it's just RNGod's blessing.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 84, Natirasha wrote:
Spoiler: Includes Tatsuya's entry
Zambia(Roselia)--I'm a PasuPare fan, so go fuck yourself.
Spoiler: Response
HMMMMMMMMMM?

In all honesty, I actually was on the edge between submitting a certain song of that band's or another song from Roselia that I also liked a lot (plus a few more from the same franchise) instead of this but yeah. I don't regret it. I'll refrain from submitting songs from the same whole franchise for at least next contest or two though to keep with the spirit of the rules.

Also feels weird finding more people who knows about the franchise.

And yes, I'm the one who egosearches my entry just because.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

It's kinda hard this time. Lots of good and decent songs.
Top 3 for me is pretty solid, but further down the list things get a bit more blurry, and interchangeable so sorry for anyone who didn't get the cut. The list included my entry as always.

Spoiler: The comments
12 USA - This thing slaps! Totally like the vocals, and the addition of the violin makes this song so fun. I like it!
10 China - For some reason, I really like the vocals in this especially the chorus parts. Reminds me of some songs I listened in early 2010s. Oh, and that synth(keyboard sound?)! I like it!
8 Armenia - The vocal has a nice voice, and the whole song I find it really nice. I like it.

7 Brazil - That is catchy. Good song for some jive. I like it.
6 Denmark - Sounds like a BGM out of some indie story-driven game. I kinda dig this, especially the guitars. I like it.
5 Cuba - I thought this was that Youtube Rewind thing LOL. The power in this is cool, though. I like it.
4 New Zealand - I found the mix of acoustic instruments to be pleasant. I like it.
3 Ireland - I like the vibes coming from this. Towards the end things became a bit more random, but overall I enjoyed it. I like it.
2 Cote d'Ivoire - Wow, that's weird. The opening throws me off a bit, but the further I listen, the more I found the song a bit catchy, especially towards the end. Overall, I like it.
1 Canada - Smooth song. The end part felt good. I like it.

Germany - Again with the DJ-style music. Does not disappoint me. I like it.
Hungary - I can feel the power from the vocal. Decent song, I like it.
Australia - Nice vocal, smooth song. I mean, that's basically what this song is. I like it.
The Flat - Ah, Sheena Ringo. The song feels random but nice, with all that jazz. Also good thing I have my earphones. I like it.
Vietnam - A very pleasant song for a kids show. Kermit never disappoints. I like it.
Finland - The groove is nice, I like the chorus part. Good song, I like it.
Venezuela - Got some similar vibes to Denmark's. Kinda feels weird towards the end but I still enjoyed this nonetheless. I like it.
South Korea - Kinda like the instrumentals of this. Still thinks I can expect a better K-Pop song but this is decent enough. I like it.
Costa Rica - Not sure if doing simon says with the guitar is a good thing. But this is a song for the childhood, and it will always be. I like it.

Belarus - Generic rap song. At least it got good rhythm so it was fine listening.
Poland - Generic Hip-Hop song, I think. The song is catchy enough.
Central African Republic - Kinda like the vocal's screaming, but other than that is just fine.

Djibouti - It's getting to the point where I can safely say that Heavymetal is not for me. For a song of this type, I think I can see people liking this.
Macau - Eh.. okay? I know there's a clear audience for this, but it's definitely not me.
Mushroom Kingdom - I'm sorry, while this is a big meme, I can't rate this as a song. Besides, I'm getting a bit annoyed by this.

Zambia - As spoilered in , THIS IS MY ENTRY. So recently, I've been a fan of this music-then-anime-then-game franchise called
BanG Dream!
, where some bands in the franchise's voice actors literally plays real music. There are many, many songs I liked from that and here's one of them, I love the vocals in this, she's just great.

Anyway, fun contest. I'll keep coming back for more.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Well that's to be expected for my entry. Congrats to the winners!

I think I have to be more solid on judging things but yeah. Still a great contest.

Return to “General Discussion”