Micro 953: Treestump Express [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Traumatised by the vicious murder of our fair captain, I feel into a deep and dreamless sleep (the opium may have helped).

My mind refreshed, I turned back to the case at hand. I had heard rumours that the bear was spreading rumours that no other than I myself might be responsible for the foul play that had taken place the night before. I sought him out and demanded answers as to why he would slander me in such a way. Could he be the one responsible, seeking to cast suspicion on me (and impugning my name as the World’s Greatest Detective!) to distract from his own guilt. I was not sure, Watson, until he provided me with his answer that morning...
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by SherlockHolmes »

In post 134, AliceRaider45 wrote:We still have a completely dead slot in the form of Y'shtola which is why we we should probably play slowly still.
I had played with the arcanist before, and felt obliged to inform our canine companion that her passivity was not truly indicative of whether she might have been involved in the crime, but rather a simple personality trait
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by SherlockHolmes »

VOTE: egix
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.5

[2] pighawk :
AliceRaider45 (), PookyTheMagicalBear ()
[2] Yshtola Rhul :
pighawk (), Shrek and Donkey ()
[1] Egix96 :
SherlockHolmes ()

[4] Not voting :
Chemist1422, Yshtola Rhul, Egix96, Hoptic ()

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to treestump. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-05 00:57:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Prodding Chemist1422.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

An audible gasp swept across the room as Yshtola rejoined the group - the mysterious Miqo’te Conjurer made quite an entrance, dressed in all black robes and dark boots and wielding a greatstaff made of Deadwood taller than herself, the beautiful feline looked more dressed for battle than for a dinner party. Her pale white eyes seemed to flit from passenger to passenger but Pooky knew she had lost use of them many years ago.

Her voice cut through the silence like music, casual yet confidently laying out a plan to find and defeat the Sin Eaters hiding among the guests - monsters that preyed upon the innocent for aether. Could this be true? Why would the Sin Eaters be attacking this ship and how would they hide so well if they were usually mindless monsters?

This trip was getting crazier and crazier - a madman had flown off the deck in his Apache Attack Helicopter just last night and had been circling the ship for a day, a green ogre and his donkey had been talking some crazy nonsense Pooky couldn’t quite understand, The Famous Detective Sherlock Holmes had not yet made any headway and now with the appearance of Yshtola and her announcement that the ship had been targeted by none other than the dreaded Sin Eaters - this entire journey had become quite wild.

Pooky knew that something with this many twists and turns couldn’t be solved sober so he grabbed the most expensive bottle of whiskey from behind the bar and retired to his room to get cracking on his solution.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by pighawk »

the ship turned west, and steamed further into the dark
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 191, pighawk wrote:
In post 188, Egix96 wrote:
In post 187, pighawk wrote:But it is different? Oink

Hawk has signed all his posts the rest are bacon
Afair we haven't played a game together before, so I can only presume you determined that by cold-reading a past game (or games) of mine.

==

There wasn't much that I found to be noteworthy, but I can say that Pooky/pighawk are prob not w/w, and there are two other slots I'm leaning town on. No one seems particularly like scum to me yet though.
I haven’t read any of you old games. Do you want to share a couple?

You said “it’s not THAT different”, which means it IS somewhat different. Why are you playing somewhat different?
Because every game is different.
I feel like you know what I really meant and are being needlessly pedantic.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

VOTE: Egix

I’m interested to see where this goes
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Hoptic »

Hectic awoke with a start. It seems he'd fallen asleep at one point or another while hovering over the deck. It's a good thing Hopkirk was here to take the wheel while he slumbered. Hang on a second... why were they so far above the ship now? They'd risen past the clouds and the ship was barely a speck in the distance of the sea floor. Hopkirk informed Hectic that they were flying towards the sun, as he had seen in a dream once that the sun would provide all the answers. Hectic could smell the alcohol on his breath as he spoke.

He patted Hopkirk reassuringly on the shoulder, and told him to fly down once he had found all the answers, and with that,
jumped
out of the helicopter. Hectic checked if he was wearing his parachute and was relieved to find he was. It would be a shame if he met his untimely demise due to abruptly jumping out for style points.

As he plummeted through the air, he thought on the events that had transpired on the ship. He was still unhappy with the Hawk's contributions thus far; he seemed rather demotivated, and Hectic had been expecting a little more enthusiasm from him. Pooky and Sherlock Holmes seemed like fine gentlemen, but had not divulged much in helping with the case. Shrek had a fantastic accent and was doing good detective work, and his pet unicorn-donkey wasn't bad to boot. Despite her name, AliceRaider was also rather helpful in the investigation. Meanwhile, Egix and the Chemist were both on his radar, the Chemist particularly for his latest vote which felt quite lazy and lacked any reasoning. Hectic hoped he would amend this.

The ship was zooming in closer and closer, and so Hectic released his parachute to start steering it towards the deck. He'd heard the rumours of Misty's yellow companion being able to summon lightning bolts out of the sky, and shuddered at the thought. He hoped Misty didn't have any nefarious motives, as this would be the perfect time to strike...
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

it was indeed lazy but this game is sorta crawling

plus Egix seems like if he’s town he’ll end up in the same situation I did last game most likely
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 210, Chemist1422 wrote:it was indeed lazy but this game is sorta crawling

plus Egix seems like if he’s town he’ll end up in the same situation I did last game most likely
Not necessarily, considering Newb 2005 f3
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:44 am

pretty sure if we lynch pighawk we win outright as town
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 am

Post by pighawk »

On what grounds? Encouraging conversation? Reading the game and giving my reads? Or are you with the haphop that I’m just not as enthusiastic as you think I should be? Now I’m being pedantic and nitpicking apparently we’ll that’s how you get things out of people. Egos could have used that post to give a read or some thought but it’s just still reaction to his own situation. It looks like scum to me.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 213, pighawk wrote:On what grounds? Encouraging conversation? Reading the game and giving my reads? Or are you with the haphop that I’m just not as enthusiastic as you think I should be? Now I’m being pedantic and nitpicking apparently we’ll that’s how you get things out of people. Egos could have used that post to give a read or some thought but it’s just still reaction to his own situation. It looks like scum to me.
The angel and devil on my shoulders are fighting over whether I should omgus you for it.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:04 am

Post by pighawk »

Are either of them telling you to do something that doesn’t exclusively focus on you and me?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 am

In post 213, pighawk wrote:On what grounds? Encouraging conversation? Reading the game and giving my reads? Or are you with the haphop that I’m just not as enthusiastic as you think I should be? Now I’m being pedantic and nitpicking apparently we’ll that’s how you get things out of people. Egos could have used that post to give a read or some thought but it’s just still reaction to his own situation. It looks like scum to me.
One of the primary Sin Eaters is a really fat dude who grows wings and flies.

You are a flying pig.

Yshtola says there are Sin Eaters on this ship.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am

Post by pighawk »

Okie well, I am somewhat mostly caught up. I actually lied about good nuggets, I couldn't find any... or maybe I am just not looking hard enough. Let me take some time to respond and then I'll throw out some thoughts.

Side note: If any of you people posting nonsense/novels/italicized text in the thread have meaningful things to say (game-related) you might want to just come out and say it because I'm not going to lie, I've been real busy IRL and I can't focus enough to actually read them in-depth.

In post 185, Hoptic wrote:Is this Hawk or Porkens speaking?

I skimmed over the last one, and Hawk, didn't you mention you were in people's faces and aggressive as town? I hope is you. Fair point about Egix. He did defend me earlier with meta in a way which he didn't need to, but it doesn't count for much.

-Hectichect
I will be signing all of my posts, so a post left unsigned will be from Porkens

I am usually, but I am in a hydra so I will naturally be more reserved as that posting style gets me lynched rather quickly and Porkens is super excited to solve this so I'm good with letting him take the helm if you will. And well, yes breeding season and all that (Life).
In post 118, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:my breakdown:

A) I know I'm town - I proposed a random stupid plan, it is a simple reaction test - there are reasons why this plan obviously doesn't work.
B) Player is excited for plan - doesn't seem like a scum reaction to the plan - I expect scum to be more reserved in a mountainous game - reaction doesn't seem faked.
C) Player has worked out probabilities for why plan doesn't work - however it misses the more obvious solution - which is that if a scum uses the finger of death and gets treestumped subsequently - the scum probability of victory rises to 66.6% assuming the town follows the plan - since there will be 3 players remaining and only a 1/3 chance of hitting the remaining scum.
D) Player doesn't take plan seriously at all - very carefree follow through - hard to see a scum doing this.

Pighawk's question is designed to stir discussion inside a subset - reducing the game down and create conflict - one reason could be that the entire subset is town - I find this very possible - hence pighawk is just trying to win Day 1 through reduction.
I have the benefit of insider knowledge, but from my POV he is gathering intel, not sure why you feel like there is some ulterior motive here of creating conflict?
In post 167, Shrek and Donkey wrote:Mah ill, bit point aye stauns as pig wis scum wi' ye lest gam. @hawk howfur dae yer feelin' aboot th' unvote? pig ye kin answer th' afore quaistion.
(My bad, but point still stands as pig was scum with you last game. @Hawk how do you feel about the unvote? Pig you can answer the previous question.)
As you know, I as scum did this as well, mostly because I didn't really have a handle on the game at the time and didn't want the game to end even though I was scum lol. I think the unvote shows restraint which is good and yes, should merit some town-points there. Obviously not to say that scum can't gain town-points, and good/successful ones do.

~Hawk
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 am

Post by pighawk »

In post 109, Shrek and Donkey wrote: so pighawk, im a bit curious why you keep bringing this up without doing any analysis yourself. i your thinking, but im very skeptical about why youd mention it and not do any work yourself.
Why would you not just ask for input here instead of throwing shit on the wall and hoping it sticks?

~Hawk
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:13 am

In post 217, pighawk wrote:I have the benefit of insider knowledge, but from my POV he is gathering intel, not sure why you feel like there is some ulterior motive here of creating conflict?

Ranking from towniest to scummiest is designed to create conflict.

Gathering intel would have a more open ended question.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 am

Post by pighawk »

Conflict doesn’t encourage conversation? I think you are stretching here. I gave the town something to talk about that was game centered. You have said my motivation was to narrow scumhunting to those 4 people but how would that even work? Obviously as soon as people answered, those answers would be the subject of scrutiny. You can’t possibly imagine that I would think I could force the town to lynch between those 4 people.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:58 am

Post by pighawk »

Can't remember who said it, and I don't have time to go grab the quote, so real quick.

Discussion has been had as to not talk about town-reads. Initial reaction was, that's dumb, to well maybe that would make scum picking their 3p ending easier, and then back to how the hell are we supposed to find scum if we are all holding our cards close to our chest. I am very much not in favor of keeping town reads to ourselves until D2 if it comes to that.

Just my two cents.

~Hawk
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by pighawk »

EBWOP: Meant to say keeping reads secret could make it harder for scum to predict the outcomes of who they leave alive.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by pighawk »

-Hawk
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor