New Rule: Replace the Word "Lynch" in Games

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

I suggest the word "hang" as a replacement.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3, Equinox wrote:
In post 2, DkKoba wrote:I suggest the word "hang" as a replacement.
This is not to step on the list moderators' toes, as I am posting as a user right now: hanging is a notorious means of lynching, so it will carry the same racially charged connotation.
This is etymologically false but I won't pursue the discussion in thread, you can DM me if you'd like me to clarify.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

changing Cops to Detectives or Investigators would be more apt as they even make more sense as cops generally don't do anything useful like they do in the game of mafia :lol:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

a "good" apple that defends a bad apple and doesn't do anything to remove the bad apple is a bad apple in the end

there I explained why people say all cops are bad
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 185, OkaPoka wrote:solution to cop is easy, make it sheriff

that is all
that's still a cop
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 217, Enter wrote:
In post 208, N wrote:
In post 205, Enter wrote:
In post 197, N wrote:so you're an idiot, got it
You're gonna have to help me figure out how to give a shit about your opinion here.
try giving a shit about marginalised people and how the words you use affect them
I will. I'll do so by not giving power to words that didn't have much in the first place.
this is the same argument ppl use to justify using slurs, so I hope you're not going down that path
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

I don't expect a nerd like you to understand etymology anyways.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

Enter you just cancelled a game over this thread I'm actually a bit amused.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I PMed zoraster about using the word "hang" earlier and that is ok to use Enter, that should be acceptable to you I would hope :)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 308, GeorgeBailey wrote:Enter did you really cancel a game over this?
Yes I got a PM about an hour ago that Community Independence Day was cancelled over this discourse
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 323, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 314, DkKoba wrote:
In post 308, GeorgeBailey wrote:Enter did you really cancel a game over this?
Yes I got a PM about an hour ago that Community Independence Day was cancelled over this discourse
I'll run it after CoC fills/gets pulled then. What a fucking waste.

Crack open a thesaurus man.
pre-in me <3
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 350, Enter wrote:If you're intending on banning me, here's a good last post for you:

I'm a member of the site because I enjoy playing mafia and I have friends here. I expect people who are in situations they disagree with to bring up their discontent and if it becomes obvious they are in a situation they cannot change, they should leave such a place. I have lived such behavior when I encountered unfathomably toxic mindsets in the Speakeasy and other parts of the site. It is apparent I am involved in such a situation again, so I will not be a game moderator given the petty censorship of site administration of game moderators. For this reason I intend to moderate no games. It doesn't matter what word or phrase the site decided it's game moderators could not use, and regardless of whether or not I was planning on using it anyways, I won't put myself in situations where I have to deal with people like that.
I'll step up to learn how to moderate games in your stead :) I already moderate games on EM so it shouldn't be too hard here.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

define fascism
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also - i realized that... eliminate can be shortened down to 'mate/'mated and I'm not Team Eliminate because that does sound cool.
retired

Return to “News”