Micro 953: Treestump Express [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #232 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by chkflip »

Greetings and salutations! Give me a little bit to catch up.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #234 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

So the first four pages are borderline worthless.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #236 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

The next one wasn't much better, but I did pick up a townread with Alice. So I guess that's something. I'm getting a little aggravated with the weird roleplay shit and I didn't look at the playerlist so I wasn't aware there are three hydra (not a fan of those), so I'm gonna sleep. I encourage everyone to engage those they're voting for as well as the two opposing wagons they aren't on. We've got <4 days to figure this shit out. Let's make it happen.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #238 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by chkflip »

Read the last page. Pooky is prob!town as well, so I'm very much behind the porkeagle lynch on the grounds that my two town reads are there.

If everyone could at least outline why they're on the wagon they're on, it'd greatly assist in our coming to a consensus.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #239 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by chkflip »

Chemist, as the only person here I've played with: why aren't you voting?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #244 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 am

Post by chkflip »

Can someone explain L-2 = L-1 in this setup? Wouldn't a quickhammer today ensure a town victory? I genuinely don't understand.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #245 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:17 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 241, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 239, chkflip wrote:Chemist, as the only person here I've played with: why aren't you voting?
I am voting, the mod just listed my vote incorrectly as Egix's vote
I feel goofy af.

Why Egix?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #261 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:16 am

Post by chkflip »

THERE WAS A WAGON.

I should really read the rest of the game I guess.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #263 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 am

Post by chkflip »

Thank God I replaced a roleplayer.

FOR RONIN THOMIAS, PALADIN OF IOMEDAE--

Lol no

I'm all caught up. I confused Chemist wagon with "something I may have missed!" A couple slap fights, nothing serious. Day one shit. Sell me on today's wagon, friend. Or not friend. Of which you are I am uncertain.

Come forward and ask your questions.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #267 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 264, Shrek and Donkey wrote:@Front flip
How do you feel about the push on Pighawk?
I believe I have voiced my support? When I said the town reads thing.

CHK or FLIP is preferred.

quote="In post 264, Shrek and Donkey"]Do you think the RPers are using it as a crutch to avoid contributing?
-Shrek[/quote]
No. I just wasn't interested in reading Shakespeare Lite.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #268 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 am

Post by chkflip »

Well, shit.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #269 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:43 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 241, Chemist1422 wrote: it's essentially a "c'mon, do something" vote b/c the game was kinda dead
I approve this message.
In post 248, Egix96 wrote: If a town member gets to 4 votes, and at least one of the scum isn't already on the wagon, they can just hammer and let their buddy stump them.
In your scenario, you have two scum. Neither vote is more or less complicit in this situation? I thought we always question Whatever-1 votes?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #436 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 425, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: 1 head wants to work with you and the other one wants to kill you.
This is exaaaaaactly why I don't like hydra

Hydra dissonance is annoying.

So

Pig

I don't know how to tell you this without being rude

But this is fucking stupid

Stop it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #437 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by chkflip »

Pooky is so town it hurts

Knock it off
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #438 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by chkflip »

"Tell you" is wrong. I didn't know how to speak my mind on the situation without being rude. I'm flabbergasted as to what the play is here as either alignment. Like, I guess I get the scum take for frustrated townie points? But what's the point of putting yourself at Whatever-1 as town?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #442 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 439, pighawk wrote: He's done and voting his scum read now, let's let that go.

While I'm also getting town vibes from Pooky, he is being sightly unhelpful.

-Hawk
I

hahahawhat
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #443 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 440, Shrek and Donkey wrote:
In post 438, chkflip wrote:"Tell you" is wrong. I didn't know how to speak my mind on the situation without being rude. I'm flabbergasted as to what the play is here as either alignment. Like, I guess I get the scum take for frustrated townie points? But what's the point of putting yourself at Whatever-1 as town?
Yes hello can I speak with Donkey?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #450 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 444, Shrek and Donkey wrote:What questions do you have for Donkey?
Nothing, really. I just recall seeing more posts signed S and remember fewer signed by D. A gentle nudge for more D posts.
In post 444, Shrek and Donkey wrote:I quoted the post just cause I couldn't have said it better myself.
I didn't ask because I figured as much.

I actually
really like
the meat of this whole post.

Town piling you.
In post 448, pighawk wrote:Think about it this way: if you end up in 3p lylo with me, Would you trust me? If you’d vote me instead of the whoever else, lynch me now and save us all.
Doubling down is not helpful. Please scumhunt.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #456 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:01 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 454, Hoptic wrote: @Chkflip- what are your thoughts on the people you haven't townread?
If I haven't mentioned them, I've yet to pile them one way or the other tbh. This is my first game back after a bit of a break. To be clear I haven't town-piled Chemist yet. What's your reason to do so?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #458 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 252, AliceRaider45 wrote:Sorry I should be on VLA, I don't like the Y'shtola replace out in all honesty but the replace in is fine I guess.
what
In post 252, AliceRaider45 wrote:I don't get why Pighawk is falling for the egix self vote but I am starting to get town vibes from that spot
:lol:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw that and thought "egix definitely voted for themself, no need to click this link."
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #474 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:27 am

Post by chkflip »

Intent to hammer when I have better reads.

I'll be able to do a deeper dive tonight, bit busy atm.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #476 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:35 am

Post by chkflip »

In the final 3? Duh?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #478 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:35 am

Post by chkflip »

NO U
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #480 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:45 am

Post by chkflip »

All of the one-vote wagons are trash.

VOTE: pighawk

Didn't realize you weren't at L-1 bud.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #482 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:55 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 479, pighawk wrote:Yeah, chk's slot was shit and while his entrance was decent, he may be calculating scum with that intent to hammer. I think I am going to enjoy being a treestump :D

~Hawk
Imagine being asked to scum hunt and regress to shading people who want you off the island.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #488 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:59 am

Post by chkflip »

WAIT NO I'M NOT READY, SENPAI
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #496 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:04 am

Post by chkflip »

Yeah saying "didn't realize you weren't at X-1" is me definitely not missing it. u rite tho u rite
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #499 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:11 am

Post by chkflip »

Oh man.

Can't wait to never play with this slot ever again.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #502 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 am

Post by chkflip »

Legitimately who are your alts so I can just go ahead and fucking not
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #504 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:18 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm extremely frustrated. I just fucking hammered and obviously you're either WOAT who rage-quit yesterday for no decent reason, like a walking "cAn i HaZ gEmBiT" meme, or you're doing an excellent troll job to set me up for tomorrow.

I'm OBVIOUSLY not getting stumped because fuck me of course my first game back has to have me squatting in the center shitting the bed.

no u scum bro u scum

Who are your fucking alts so I never have to be bothered with you again.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #505 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:19 am

Post by chkflip »

I'M SO MAD I DIDN'T CONSIDER TROLLING ME WOULD MEAN YOU'RE FUCKING TOWN IN BOTH CASES

FUCK
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #507 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:21 am

Post by chkflip »

360 no scope aaaaahhhhhh now I feel better
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #509 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:23 am

Post by chkflip »

ergo you're garbage
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #511 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:24 am

Post by chkflip »

Who's my partner, hot shot?

omg ur so gud at game

Who's my partner?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #517 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:25 am

Post by chkflip »

Ah c'mon mate. A little FATE in your game isn't that bad.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #520 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:29 am

Post by chkflip »

Mmm gaslighting. That's cute.

Click my username.

Click to see my threads.

Pick literally any game I've been in this year.

Do you know what you'll see?

Chemist knows.

See you D2.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #523 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:41 am

Post by chkflip »

/yawn

Anger is NAI for me, pal.

I'm fucking softballing and you still don't get it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #525 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 am

Post by chkflip »

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #527 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:44 am

Post by chkflip »

The cowardice in not telling me your alts is what made this funny again tho so I'll give you that
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #529 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 am

Post by chkflip »

I mean I asked you a basic question and you skirted it twice because you'd rather hide behind an alt

Idk what else that could possibly be called

Nor could what you're doing be called anything but gaslighting because you're trying your absolute hardest to push someone who was angry into ban territory

So

Yeah
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #531 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:48 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm gonna go ahead and ignore you for the interim tho so don't trip I got you
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #533 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:51 am

Post by chkflip »

I literally already fucking did dude

My anger can be seen before I replied to you

As a matter of fact

Wow

Much edgy

So gamesolving

pighawk 4 don c

Oh

Wait
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #535 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:54 am

Post by chkflip »

You're so horseblinders right now.

For real now. Goodbye.

inb4 "YoU dOn'T hAv N aNsWeR hUh ScUm"

Oof.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #573 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59 am

Post by chkflip »

Whichever one you it is, I'm both unhappy with you and unsurprised in equal measure. I just woke up to terrible news and was hoping to not have to do this. But give me 24 hours and I'll full bore into this.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #583 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:32 am

Post by chkflip »

My "unhappy/unsurprised" comment shouldn't be read in a way that I don't want to be here. It's more like "I get why I'm here, I raged at EoD. But I am going to be fake mad at whichever of you is scum if we don't lynch proper today." Like, I'm just talking shit because that's what I've got the energy for today. Serious scum hunting / connections / etc will come from me tomorrow at the latest.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #590 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 543, Chemist1422 wrote:unfortunately

I would always stump egix here over myself as scum so I’m not actually lock clear
Uh

what
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #593 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by chkflip »

I try not to engage in WIFOM bullshit, but that post and the one right before it read strange to me.

Anyway, since you asked, Idk why I would stump Egix over myself since of the two of us my late D1 was much worse. So...?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #595 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

Something about Chemist being here at all seems like a fucking ploy if I'm being honest. I get why he's scummy but I also get why he's bait.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #609 (isolation #48) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 598, pighawk wrote:
In post 597, pighawk wrote:What makes chemist scummy?
@flip
Nothing that hasn't already been stated. The only non-parroted scummy thing I see are the first two posts of the Day contradicting one another in a really odd way. Idk that I'd call it scummy as a standalone thing, but I'm not super hot on Chem!town.

To be clear I'm not hot on Hop!town either.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #611 (isolation #49) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by chkflip »

I see no purpose in parroting is all.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #613 (isolation #50) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

It's NAI at the end of the day; however, PH was heavily scumming me and Idk who most of your alts are but I could pick at least a dozen names out of a hat who'd look at what I did and go "yeah that's scummy/bullshit" etc. The fact that neither of you have taken that position, yet still have me here, points moreso to the fact that my slot was null af across the board yesterday IMO. That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #615 (isolation #51) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by chkflip »

The fact that I'm replying to you at all after you gaslit me several times yesterDay is all the good faith I'm giving you.

Parroting is a fucking scum tell. Get over it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #620 (isolation #52) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

My liberal use of the f-word isn't so much aggression as it is my hard standing for how I play the game.

I don't parrot.

I don't WIFOM.

I don't do other things that presently escape me but I think two examples can be enough here. I'm curious if VCA would be helpful at all here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #621 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 400, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.8

[4] pighawk :
AliceRaider45 (), Hoptic (), PookyTheMagicalBear (), pighawk ()
[2] Egix96 :
SherlockHolmes (), Chemist1422 ()
[1] PookyTheMagicalBear :
Shrek and Donkey ()

[2] Not voting :
chkflip, Egix96

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to treestump. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-05 00:57:59).
In post 477, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.9

[4] pighawk :
AliceRaider45 (), Hoptic (), Egix96 (), PookyTheMagicalBear ()
Shrek and Donkey ()
[1] Egix96 :
SherlockHolmes ()
[1] AliceRaider45 :
Chemist1422 ()
[1] Hoptic :
pighawk ()

[1] Not voting :
chkflip

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to treestump. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-05 00:57:59).

This votecount was corrected from a mistaken one. For clarity, the original is below.

Spoiler:
Votecount 1.9

[3] pighawk :
AliceRaider45 (), Hoptic (), Egix96 ()
Shrek and Donkey ()
[1] Egix96 :
SherlockHolmes ()
[1] AliceRaider45 :
Chemist1422 ()
[1] Hoptic :
pighawk ()

[2] Not voting :
chkflip, PookyTheMagicalBear ()

In post 537, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.Final

[5] pighawk :
AliceRaider45 (), Hoptic (), Egix96 (), PookyTheMagicalBear (), chkflip ()
Shrek and Donkey ()
[1] Egix96 :
SherlockHolmes ()
[1] AliceRaider45 :
Chemist1422 ()
[1] Hoptic :
pighawk ()

[0] Not voting :

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to treestump. pighawk has been stumped.
IIoA! That's a third thing I fucking hate.

But honestly I'm gonna hypocrite this once because I legitimately don't know where I stand here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #622 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by chkflip »

Chemist staying as far away from the wagon is as scummy as Hoptic staying on it all day. Gun to my head Hoptic staying is scummier if only because Chemist would be the easy scapegoat here. As is my hammer. But they're pushing neither.

I am the confusion.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #624 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 617, pighawk wrote:Flip seriously let’s just move on. Only one of you is scum and it’s totally within our power to figure out who. All it will take is dialogue.

Tell me what you think about this post from hoptic.
He's using meta with me, of which I have no memory of if only because I don't remember off top any games with them that my rage was unanimously townread. So it's strange at a glance but my memory can honestly be pretty bad so they could, from their perspective, be right.

NAI

Pedit: I won't answer for Chem but I'm p sure I know their answer. It's kind of obvious.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #626 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by chkflip »

Again, if what they're saying is true, then my more or less saying "I expected my rage to get me here but nobody is pushing it wtf" would be strange to them. So, yes.

I'd like to see the game(s) they're referencing for it, though, if I'm honest.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #632 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:46 am

Post by chkflip »

If the stumps want their voices heard, uh, maybe they should speak?

Let's not drag this on boys.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #643 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:13 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 640, pighawk wrote:Not sure. @Flip, what is your reaction to ?
Of the two, I think Chemist's is worse. Not bussing your partner at least a little bit D1 seems like bad play. And the vote on Egix kind of doubles down on my bad vibes there.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #655 (isolation #59) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 652, pighawk wrote: If you were scum, who would you put in 3p and why?
Holy WIFOM bullshit, Batman!
It's WIFOM bullshit!

Better use my anti-WIFOM bullshit spray!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #657 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by chkflip »

I don't have an answer for proposing how we solve, but asking questions that are clearly only going to stir the WIFOM pot don't help our situation. I don't think we have all the information we could possibly have; however, nothing really comes to mind in regards to questions that'll unlock Pandora's box here.

Currently, I'll vote Chemist when we're ready but I'm no more than like 60% certain that's even the right slot.

I think, for the most part, all of the town clears are doing their best. I'm just not a fan of that particular question. Nothing else the feathered swine has asked popped out at me to be as unhelpful as that. I don't think they even considered the question was WIFOM, too, so.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #665 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 659, pighawk wrote:This reaction is pretty scummy, actually. I’m guessing flip is afraid of the answers. Flip, what’s your answer to this question? Hoptic too.
It's scummy because I don't think it's fruitful to ask clear-cut WIFOM questions?

That's adorable.

But sure, whatever, let's play your game with the caveat that you tell me how this is even remotely fucking helpful. Cool? Cool.

See, again, I have to "If I was scum" here... and any statement that starts with "If I was X" should be completely dismissed because the person is admitting they know their meta and can arguably change it or, at the very least, shift it to make it look the way they want to.

*cough*

Anyway.

If I'm scum, I absolutely pick Chemist. But so does anyone worth half their salt that has paid any sort of attention to the game. That's 100% no brainer obvious. He played and failed the task before, for one, and for two it puts it in everyone's mind that he may have rolled scum this time. The thought has obviously crossed my mind. Chem is neither a bad player, nor am I to believe I'm better at this than they are, this is just the easy street route for either myself or Hoptic.

If I'm scum, I
don't
pick Hoptic. I fucking hate hydras. I've already said this. And what's worse than a hydra in a game like this? The goal is to pit yourself against two people, not three or four, so I leave them stumped and hope that I can convince the live bait to vote the other. For example, I saw the replacement request and thought "Hm, a micro. Just something to get my feet wet again. How many? Nine? Seems okay, I shouldn't even be able to rage out at eight people." Come to find out it ain't eight, it's eleven.

I fucking hate hydras.

If I'm scum, I'd likely have picked one of my two (or three? I don't remember how many exactly I had off top, I only recall not having the best hold on the game) town reads from D1 and hope to steer the game toward one or the other with WIFOM bullshit like this. Or "hm I had X as town, but surely that can't be right because blah blah blah asspull bullshit fuckery."

Also, if I'm scum, I'm likely to ignore shit like this and let it ride because it's so distracting and generally unhelpful.

So... how much of this helped you?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #669 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

Some things never have to change.

You were fun to play with back then, Pro.

What happened?

:lol:
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #671 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'd rather not answer the question for him if you actually find this helpful. I don't get it but I guess I don't have to.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #673 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by chkflip »

But I think even Chem would recognize that he has established himself as the "obvious mislynch" as scum by history with the game, no? So why not choose someone he has history with and someone he was basically the polar opposite of all game (in regards to lynching you)?

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure I'm willing to dismiss Chemist like that.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #719 (isolation #65) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 694, Hoptic wrote:
In post 520, chkflip wrote:Mmm gaslighting. That's cute.

Click my username.

Click to see my threads.

Pick literally any game I've been in this year.

Do you know what you'll see?

Chemist knows.

See you D2.
What was this talking about?

-Hop
I'm really busy rn but that post was about my anger/aggression and how I often do what I did at the end of D1 during a game.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #732 (isolation #66) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:51 am

Post by chkflip »

:lol: 730 is so petty. I fucking love it.

Honestly at this point I feel like throwing my vote to the stumps, but I know that's not the optimal play so I'll pull deep and re-read some things and come to a final conclusion soon.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #739 (isolation #67) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:01 am

Post by chkflip »

If you're insinuating I'm waiting to vote Hoptic, you're dead wrong.

Hop, I'd suggest taking some time away from the thread and just ignoring the slot because AFAIK it is majority frowned upon to block a slot you're currently in a game with.

Chem, what's
your
case on Hoptic? I may have missed it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #744 (isolation #68) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

It has been four-ish hours bud, what do you want?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #746 (isolation #69) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by chkflip »

Same, which is why I asked them to take a bit to cool off. Especially considering the fact that I had similar feelings against that slot at the end of D1. So, like,
I get it
, but it's less than helpful for either slot at this point and it's best we all just jog along from it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #748 (isolation #70) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

Elaborate, I'm not seeing that.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #756 (isolation #71) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

To be fair, my rage always seems genuine because it is.

It's unhealthy, sure, but that's me.

Someone engage me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #757 (isolation #72) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 90, Chemist1422 wrote:If I were to force something out, Hectic seems sort of unmotivated to solve and I don’t really like Hopkirk being more banter-y than not

please only remember this read if it’s correct
What ever happened to this read?
In post 208, Chemist1422 wrote:VOTE: Egix

I’m interested to see where this goes
This post still pings me the most out of the entire ISO.
In post 210, Chemist1422 wrote:it was indeed lazy but this game is sorta crawling

plus Egix seems like if he’s town he’ll end up in the same situation I did last game most likely
What a strange thing to say after it doesn't happen.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #758 (isolation #73) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:44 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 459, Hoptic wrote:
In post 456, chkflip wrote:
In post 454, Hoptic wrote: @Chkflip- what are your thoughts on the people you haven't townread?
If I haven't mentioned them, I've yet to pile them one way or the other tbh. This is my first game back after a bit of a break. To be clear I haven't town-piled Chemist yet. What's your reason to do so?
Chemist isn't in what I'd call a town pile. They're slightly better than neutral based on current gamevibe. Mostly concerning pairings.

-Hopkir
What happened to this read?
In post 570, Hoptic wrote:To be fair, there's a lot of rules that don't get enforced.
Do not attempt to play the same game under more than one name.
We're calling ourselves Hopkirk AND Hectic here. I'm not sure the mod even noticed lol.
Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, "trust tells", alliances, etc. Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.
Hectic told me that if we don't win this then he's going to break my legs. It's pretty reasonable since I had to set him on fire after the last time we played together.
Do not edit/delete posts.
Sometimes I actually go back and fix the grammer in my posts. They don't stop us editing them before we make them
... actually you can tell I'm not being serious here based on the number of messed up tags and stuff. Nevermind.
Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is usually ok.
Northsidegal wrote:Hey Hopkirk, how come you look exactly like a younger and far more handsome Brad Pitt? :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm not saying that came with my role pm...

(Hop note - the above is a joke, I actually just wrote a quote and attributed it to North. Don't feel bad if you didn't manage to pick up on this, it was ingeniously subtle.)
Do not post in the game after you are dead or replaced. Some moderators do allow contentless "Bah!" posts, but you should never reveal information once you are dead.
WOW. YOU SHOULD ALL FEEL ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. Other rules have exceptions where it says 'unless the game rules say otherwise' but not this one. I think it's fairly clear that the admin's intent was that treestumps are banned.
Don't kill your players in real life if they die in game. We've been really clear about this, but some people are surprisingly good at finding out where players live. Please note - if Flopz is modding your game and starts joking asking you where you live DO NOT TELL HIM
No comment, but I wouldn't say no comment if I had
no comment
if you get what I mean...

-Hopkirk
What's the purpose of this post?
In post 612, Hoptic wrote:Why do you think you were picked for your EoD rage, chk? Do people normally scumread you for rage? I've only seen people townread you for it.

~He
Why didn't you ever follow up on this?

Also, I recall asking for an example where my rage was townread as much as you're implying here. Still waiting for that.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #760 (isolation #74) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:19 am

Post by chkflip »

Right, no, I mean how does it transition from the quoted post to where it is now? I should've been more clear with both of you tbh but rl stuff.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #767 (isolation #75) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:00 am

Post by chkflip »

Neat. Conf town?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #769 (isolation #76) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:14 am

Post by chkflip »

VOTE: Hoptic

I'm always afraid they'll come in and unvote last second.

I really didn't mean to be a troll.

I don't want to post this rn just in case but Holmes is right, unintentional or not, it's a dick move.

My bad SH.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #772 (isolation #77) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:16 am

Post by chkflip »

I was in a newbie once ages ago where scum list because they tried to quickhammer and the townie had unvoted in the same second.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #773 (isolation #78) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:17 am

Post by chkflip »

scum lost*
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #774 (isolation #79) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:19 am

Post by chkflip »

Thanks to northsidegal for the fun game. It's my first back that has finished. I look forward to playing with you all again soon.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #777 (isolation #80) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm sorry, Chemist. You and Hoptic just made the most sense to us.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”