Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: NdMath

I like the look of 1944 from the parts I've skimmed so far and I've been thinking this lurking is his scum meta

I think the last few posts by Truth where he's trying to really sell there being a mason who thinks differently from paints a bad picture; Blair is still alive to get nightkilled so I don't get what he would be thinking if he was town, and he only claimed under pressure today
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1928, Looker wrote: I don't really enjoy the confusion, but we'll see what happens.
Spoiler:
41% Nauci | 25% Truth | 16% Blair or Dunnstral | 14% Glitch | 4% NDMath
Why 4% NDMath? Why 41% Nauci?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1948, Truth wrote:I think Dunnstral is most likely mafia for the way mavsfan attacked po early but then asked about why people were voting po when other people actually started voting him, and he started calling it a policy lynch instead of looking at the actual reasons.

VOTE: Dunnstral
I actually agree with you here that looks pretty bad in context now that we know Popo was scum (Mavs was voting for Popo, then four other people vote for Popo, then Mavs switches to GuiltyLion without even acknowledging that he is exiting the Popo wagon).
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Unfortunately, I am not scum despite questionable vote movements from my predecessor
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 554, popopopopopopo wrote:
LicketyQuickety
- town lean his vote on me was bad but quick likes an illogical bad push as much as anyone so it doesnt surprise me he voted me. his incessant pushing on truth early feels town motivated coming from this particular player.
NorwegianboyEE
- town lean i explained already
Looker - town lean responded well to my request for reads even if we dont completely agree
osuka
- null town feels like a saudade type player where he just calls people retards and argues. hard to read, but the argument with truth seemed genuine enough
Truth - any read i have is irrelevant, mechanics will sort. im more inclined to believe the claim than not.
Glitch - null seems like a noob. i find this type of player hard to sort. at least looks like hes trying.
Nauci - null his early posts pinged me as forced, he has been posting more thoughtfully since.
Candy Shop - null dont really have an impression of this slot, this is the NL guy right? ok i checked his ISO. idk
ndmath - null no impression of this slot
mavsfan41 - null-scum him coming in with a vote immediately after i call him out is not a good look
GuiltyLion
- scum lean i explained
Cat Scratch Fever
- scummy his vote was opportunistic and his iso has been bad, handing out townreads like candy and little scumreads is mafia indicative especially early game
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1950, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: NdMath

I like the look of 1944 from the parts I've skimmed so far and I've been thinking this lurking is his scum meta

I think the last few posts by Truth where he's trying to really sell there being a mason who thinks differently from paints a bad picture; Blair is still alive to get nightkilled so I don't get what he would be thinking if he was town, and he only claimed under pressure today
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I kind of hate this post.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1693, Blair wrote:Ok.

Popopo Vig Tonight: Truth

VOTE: NDMath

That should clear up quite a few things I think?
In post 1695, popopopopopopo wrote:
vote:ndmath
Votes ndmath here but it's after he's already claimed vig when he knows there's a town vig in the setup
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1955, Blair wrote:

*throws up hands*

I'll be honest, I haven't read most of the game. I like/respect Glitch's wall posts and cases, and I was suspecting NDMath due to having played a scum game with him where he very much lurked it out in the main thread
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm on the side of not voting Truth today because I can imagine this sort of stunt coming from town, I'm pointing out the parts that leave me skeptical despite that
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Blair »

Trouble is we have three slots that haven't given us much to actually sort them with. (Truth, NDMath, Looker)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I've been asking Looker for more, I brought up Truth's claim not making sense with the way other players were treating them, and I'm not voting NDMath
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1958, Dunnstral wrote:I'm on the side of not voting Truth today because I can imagine this sort of stunt coming from town, I'm pointing out the parts that leave me skeptical despite that
Yeah, that's what I didn’t like about it. The fact that it would ping my scumdar regardless of Truth's alignment. :lol:

(If he's town, you're voting elsewhere while setting up a mislynch in the next phase [no way he's getting night killed] - if he's scum you're voting elsewhere while going on the record as scumreading him)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I was responding to two things at once
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Glitch »

Dunnstal. Are you actually sheeping at this point in the game when you have neither read the whole game nor read my wall that you're sheeping?

What makes my walls townie to you?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Giant wall of text with a tone of authority = town player
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1948, Truth wrote:I think Dunnstral is most likely mafia for the way mavsfan attacked po early but then asked about why people were voting po when other people actually started voting him, and he started calling it a policy lynch instead of looking at the actual reasons.

Why the fuck were you not making posts like this for the first 77 pages lmao
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1959, Blair wrote:Trouble is we have three slots that haven't given us much to actually sort them with. (Truth, NDMath, Looker)
NGL I kind of wish Looker was your policy vig, esp n1
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1964, Dunnstral wrote:Giant wall of text with a tone of authority = town player
actin' like you didn't see me fake that same shit when we were just scum together

I'm hurt, dawg
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Official Vote Count 3.01

Carol Gilligan (1936-) originated "ethics of care", a moral philosophy that emphasizes situational responses based on interpersonal relationships and the virtue of caring.

EliminationWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to hammer.

NDMath
(2): Glitch, Dunnstral
Dunnstral
(1): Truth
Nauci
(1): Looker
Truth
(1): Blair

Not Voting
(2): Nauci, NDMath

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-17 21:08:51).

Mod notes:
  • :D
[/area]
Last edited by Deimos27 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:27 am

Post by Nauci »

who's seeing what I'm seeing
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:35 am

Post by Looker »

In post 1944, Glitch wrote:
Looker
: Continuously questions and pushes against popo, but not with remarkable strength. Only votes for popo once there's actual confirmation from Norway on a guilty read. Could be genuine town -- could be scum bussing because he has to in order to not be SR'd.
I think it'd be more accurate to say I voted him my first post of the day. And, in the interest of challenging your survivalism, what would questions and pushes of "remarkable strength" look like to you? Beyond voting, I mean.
In post 1951, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1928, Looker wrote: I don't really enjoy the confusion, but we'll see what happens.
Spoiler:
41% Nauci | 25% Truth | 16% Blair or Dunnstral | 14% Glitch | 4% NDMath
Why 4% NDMath? Why 41% Nauci?
Why not vote Truth? Why not vote Nauci?
See how easy that is, to just throw "why" in front of some syllables? Do you disagree with who I want to flip? (Because I disagree with you trying to flip someone who hasn't been on any of the end-of-day wagons despite Nauci flipping osuka but not popopo.)
In post 1957, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1955, Blair wrote:

*throws up hands*

I'll be honest, I haven't read most of the game. I like/respect Glitch's wall posts and cases, and I was suspecting NDMath due to having played a scum game with him where he very much lurked it out in the main thread
You haven't read most of the game, but you've read enough to say that my posts look like scum posts?
In post 1960, Dunnstral wrote:I've been asking Looker for more, I brought up Truth's claim not making sense with the way other players were treating them, and I'm not voting NDMath
You
are
voting NDMath. And asking me for what? You say "more", but you have no idea what you're looking for - I think you just want to look busy so that you can demonize what you perceive to be low activity. (Despite not even reading what people
have
posted.)

• I'm not penalizing people who flipped popopo before I pursue the people who avoided it.
  • I don't know what methods Blair uses to sort - it can't be VCA or she'd be done by now. And I'm not going to manufacture verbose bullshit just to make her happy.
  • And obviously Nauci wishes I was the policy vig, because I can see how scummy he looks today. He doesn't even say he thinks I'm scum.
37% Nauci | 25% Truth | 17% Blair/Dunnstral | 12% Glitch | 9% NDMath
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:19 am

Post by NDMath »

Because of the n3 jk, mafia likely doesn't have any other roleblockers which can act on night 3.
So if there's someone who can protect Blair tonight without roleblocking her they should speak up.
(Blair should not shoot unless she will likely survive the night.)

@Mod

This is L-1.

I don't like any of the posts on this page from Dunnstral, and he is voting me for primarily Inactivity. I also haven't ever found anything from mavs/Dunn townie, unlike everyone else left.
In post 1944, Glitch wrote:
Spoiler: NDmath and Po
In post 722, NDMath wrote:Reads Tiered:
Norwee
osuka quick
popo catscratch looker mavs
Glitch nauci
Candyshop
Lion
In post 1320, NDMath wrote:Towniest
Quick Norwee
Looker
Catscratch
Mavs popo nauci --null
osuka Blair
Guilty Glitch
In post 1667, NDMath wrote:
In post 1579, popopopopopopo wrote:vigilante shooting town n1, seems about right
I don't get your hatred for vigilantes. Either way it was a poe shot which is a good shot.

Miller Mason is a Normal Role. SK's are not allowed in Mini-Normals.

*Insert spiritual popo vote*

-Ordered Reads-
Quick
Blair
Looker
Dunn
Nauci
Glitch

NDmath
: Absolutely nothing except null reads, then spiritually joins the wagon when there's no way to oppose a popo elimination.

This particular paragraph has nagged me for a while and I really don't like the use of a vote.
In post 828, NDMath wrote:I didn't see value in voting at that point in time. I don't get why I can't be not voting in peace when it's still early in the dayphase and I'm not one to case early on. I'm helping just as much without voting in that you got the impression that if I did vote it would be for you and received the same amount of pressure from it, I don't get that point at all.
I'm a big believer in wagons and votes. We have 2 tools to use unless given a PR, and those are our voice and our votes. Even if you're not certain, use your vote. You don't have to be certain. It's a tool to form pressure, pressure creates content, and content creates results. Mafia can easily hide behind the curtain of withholding their vote to try to stay under the radar.

Additionally, there are lots of random instances that make me raise my eyebrow that pile up. GuiltyLion made a strong case against you in 878 bringing your meta into the game. (And the very next page you have a strong enough SR on GL to vote for him. Shallow.) There's also your legendary 986 self-scum-meta where you prophesy your own playstyle as being scummy. Then there's this:
In post 1320, NDMath wrote:The thought that I'm not scumhunting this game. Since I didn't bother to pretend to scumhunt in my scum game.
Pray, do tell, in which of your 18 posts this game have you genuinely scumhunted?
Additionally:
In post 828, NDMath wrote:I'm not understanding the attacks on osuka.
In post 908, NDMath wrote:(Posting one at a time to make lion happy.)
In post 836, Nauci wrote:
In post 828, NDMath wrote:I'm not understanding the attacks on osuka.
What's there to not understand?

Osuka's posts comprise of the brief fight with Quick, a lot of posts facepalming at Truth which are mostly meaningless, and a very lazy and unsubstantiated push on me.

I scumreads the way that Osuka talks about my posting as "weird" repeatedly without ever explaining weird how—it's exactly the kind of shallow shade throwing without being able to come up with a proper case/narrative that signifies scum pushes vs town ones, especially at an opportune time when others like CSF were FoSing me.

He has repeatedly tried to misconstrue the way I have tried to explain his meta to the game as buddying, even though I've repeatedly told him and everyone else why I said what I did about him and wasn't at buddying. He's not engaging with my push at all or answering my question.
I read osuka's iso, I should have done that in the first place.
In post 909, NDMath wrote:
In post 860, Nauci wrote: @NDMath you said you were fully caught up, right? Why are you still not voting?
I'm getting too much humour out of people making comments on me not voting.
VOTE: GuiltyLion
In post 1501, NDMath wrote:I have Intent to hammer on osuka.
So let me get this straight. First, you don't understand why people are suspecting osuka. Then you read his ISO. (And what? Now you get it? Or you don't agree?) Then you vote GL immediately after that. (Did you SR him after reading his ISO? Or did you not agree with him being scummy at that point?) And then fast forward you declare intent to hammer osuka. What changed? I saw no content whatsoever in your iso between your 908 comment and your out-of-the-blue intent to hammer. The only thing you mentioned about him is how bewildered and confused you were by his behavior and that it doesn't make sense for either alignment. What was the progression there?

This doesn't even mention the fact that when popo was finally nailed and the ship was RAPIDLY sinking and he knew it, he last-minute voted for you. Why? Why would he vote for you on a sinking ship? Po got all wrapped up in a trap and played his way poorly all the way through the end. Did he play so poorly to try and keep our suspicions off of you by letting his last vote be placed on you? A sad attempt at a last minute bus?

Let's crack down and stop playing games. Let's get real and deal with the fact that Truth is not smart enough to bus popo an entire game, but NDmath's posts are lacking across the board.
I value voice way more than my vote in most cases. "Mafia can easily hide behind the curtain of withholding their vote to try to stay under the radar." I can't not be voting day 1 without people screaming about it so this point really doesn't stand.

I don't understand how it wouldn't be a double standard to scumread me for finally voting. In 986 I was comparing my scum game to people's interpretation of my play this game.

I tried getting more information from popo to sort his claim. I argued on your scumcase of catscratch. When debating lion I was further evaluating my read on him. I'm curious how you would define, displaying scumhunting?

Light scumread, realized my other scumreads weren't gonna be hung today so I switched over.

I was his best chance of lasting to night? He was also scumreading me earlier so that would look more consistent. Why would popo intentionally play poorly as you're proposing?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Nauci »

Hey I am still not fully caught up (I
promise
I will within the next 24 hours) so I'm not ready for it to be L-1 as I head to bed rn, even though I think that Dunnstral was doing the vote behavior and barely-surface level "scumhunting" that his scum game consistently exhibits

Also I have to admit I didn't read the recent wall posts, only the crazy Truth posts

UNVOTE: Dunnstral
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Truth »

NDMath, why should a doctor speak up instead of just secretly protecting Blair and making mafia waste a kill? I'm suspicious you want a doctor to reveal so you can kill them in the night.

Dunnstral and Looker would be my guesses for the mafia though. Only because I think Dunnstral is mafia and NDMath is now voting for Dunnstral.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Missed Truth's vote on Dunnstral in the last VC. Sincerest apologies. This has now been rectified.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”