Lets Talk Pen & Paper RPGs (All systems welcome!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 am

Post by T-Bone »

I've been watching one of the producers run a game on geek and sundry. I'm really enjoying it and will add it to my ever growing collection of tabletop RPGs. Hopefully I'll get to play or even GM in the future.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 825, T-Bone wrote:I've been watching one of the producers run a game on geek and sundry. I'm really enjoying it and will add it to my ever growing collection of tabletop RPGs. Hopefully I'll get to play or even GM in the future.
LA By Night is dope. I met that dude at the Folsom Street Foundry in SF during the Bloodlines 2 Launch Party I was VIP invited to because of the ARG that went with the game. He's SUPER cool.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2020 6:25 am

Post by AniX »

I've been running a Sailor Moon tabletop RPG online during the Quarantine and we just got to the moment where the mentor-turned-well-intentioned-extremist Professor Katharine Campbell/Enkienlilan managed to get her hands on a transformation ability and combine the powers of both Sailor Guardians and Knights. This is the result of trying to make a cool villain design by taking uniform elements from each (designed by me, drawn by a friend).

Spoiler:
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I always forget The Arcade is a part of this site. Very glad I did a thorough search before starting a new discussion thread!

Tonight I am stepping (sitting?) Into the DM's chair in a new campaign because my regular DM wants to play for once.

I purchased this setting off of a Kickstarter and its pretty cool! It's called Odyssey of the Dragon Lords and is a campaign based in ancient Greekstyle, but in the DnD world. 5e of course.

I am at once excited and terrified, but this should be a fun experience! Hopefully the players enjoy it and we can play through the entire campaign (we have flaked on almost every single campaign weve ever started. Finished Curse of Stradh and Tomb of Annihilation, though with many DM edits along the way.)

I'll let you guys know how it goes! Character creation is going to be heavy tonight, but I expect we will get into the intro this session. This is a huge step for me, as I am always terrified to put myself out there, and taking on DMing is a huge commitment. But hey, 2020 is shaping up to be a fine year for me. Why not spread my wings and work on my confidence!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by brassherald »

Good luck, Ari. We started a rotating DM set up for our table because between two lawyers and a law student no one of us has enough time to consistently prepare. I think the big thing is to find your groove.

My games, honestly, are less than stellar in terms of role playing with NPCs but at the same time I do have a story that my players like and I try to make combat memorable. I did a Capture the Flag last time.

Anyway my biggest advice as a player turned DM is to do your own thing and ask for feedback to see if there's anything your players want you to work on
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Thanks Brass!

It went really well I think! The usual DM turned player threw me some hefty curveballs and I had to do a lot more ad libbing than I expected, but it was a great experience and allows me a lot of creative liberties within the context of the campaign.

Like when they told their main companion goddess to F off because their actions led to them turning into goats for a day... and then they desecrated another god's oracular temple, incurring a curse and some... let's go with ill favour.

DM seat is pretty fun!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “The Arcade”