Logo Design Competition/Collaboration (Survey, last page)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't prefer weapons in the logo.
Not strictly as a prudish thing but also how it seems like "Call of Duty: Warfare Warfare" type of thing and I always looked at the logo and thought maybe this is the wiki for the latest GTA actually. I can probably only duck around the reason it's a minority preference so much though, the standard metaphor for the game is violent.

Maybe the a in mafia could be pointing to accuse the s in scum, and the s is omgus pointing back.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Isis »

I like the idea.
Or like, similarly, the letters in mafia having a stripe pattern/shadow/font, and the letters in "scum" having a different pattern/shadow/font, except for one letter, which although it has the correct color, because it's just mafia blending in. It is somewhat damaging to this metaphor that "scum" also means mafia, but what can you do, it's just brainstorming right.
Annadog's suggested me reminds me of that white spy black spy cartoon that's really funny and I can't remember what it's called now.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Isis »

She's become too powerful
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #147 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 142, Dunnstral wrote:Image

This is what I was imagining
I think this can be improved even further cosmetically but I absolutely love this logo concept
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #151 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 143, xRECKONERx wrote:idk if i like the tie, it doesn't have much apparent symbolism to me

also i would really rather drop the tagline from the site altogether. "a mob has formed" is still pretty, well, problematic to me
You are still allowed to use the formation of a mob for an extrajudicial killing as your elimination flavor, though. Hell, in the normal queue I'm not sure if you're allowed not to. :(
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #154 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Isis »

I guess it's fair to say "a mob has formed" is even more evocative of a lynchmob than the official position that you should describe your game as groups of "townies" voting to "eliminate" a player resulting in them being marked as dead.

I'm not sure it's fair to say that a blood splatter also is, although I share that preference.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #179 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 177, Dunnstral wrote:Trenchcoat makes me think 'detective', not 'mafia'
Shoot for the moon, miss and land among stars, though
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #228 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:04 am

Post by Isis »

I still like the magnify glass thing best.
I like revealing only a color change, more subtle, I get that, I dig it.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #233 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Isis »

Nahdia said simplistic logos are hip, so I was thinking maybe having it be "an i that is actually red" rather than a person or a fingerprint could maybe be good. It's a logo you see over and over again, so it should be more like soda can label and less like video game case cover in complexity. I think?

Person is better than fingerprint if you go more complex, though, since forum mafia is kind of not based on forensic evidence (and it's the least based on forensic evidence compared to other sites, one of the forums the most hostile to investigative roles in setup design)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #251 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Isis »

I cosign post 246
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #291 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Isis »

I like mag glass :(
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #315 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Isis »

I made one just to expound on some of my ideas, I don't actually even know what the correct size is and can't like prettify anything in any meaningful way; this isn't as-is something I'd want used.

Making the dot of an eye a head increases complexity, but what if the thing we discover about the dot is that it doesn't exist at all? metaphorically it was a faked town behaviors or somesuch.

I've rarely seen magnifying glass with triangular handles, and since those are geometric I kind of like them better for a logo. Either way, having the magnifying glass handle hanging off the logo lets you imagine it's proportional without it consuming a large proportion of the image (or, importantly, being responsible for increasing the minimum necessary height of the image just for the magnifying glass's sake.

I used san serif cuz shaft.ed suggested san serif and shafted is kewl
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #320 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by Isis »

If it's bad to hang it, the other idea I had was to have the handle go over the 'a' (covering up as little as you can, custom characters might help) and then it gets to utilize some of the space from the natural gap between "mafia" and "scum" (since I think most people are amenable to extra kerning between the 'a' and the 's' ?"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #329 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't like it/don't get it, mafiascum is from dotcom boom, not from typewriter era
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #346 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Isis »

I thought the original intention was to quickly put a placeholder logo up and take our time picking a more permanent one but that like didn't happen or whatever.
"Well, I..."

Return to “News”