Let’s talk about blacklists

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #77 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 31, Ircher wrote:As for replacements, I'm of the opinion that beggars cannot be choosers. Finding replacements tends to be a big enough ordeal as-is. Arbitrarily rejecting replacements (or worse allowing them then replacing them) because they are blacklisted just disincentivizes people from replacing in.
If I am 4 days deep into a game and someone I have strong feelings about not playing with replaces in, then you bet you're fucking ass I want them replaced out.

Also finding replacements is not a big deal.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:08 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 38, Nahdia wrote:i dont always read the full playerlist of games i offer to replace into
honestly, if you're considering replacing in, you should rly do yourself a favor and read the full playerlist to make sure there isn't anyone you know you're going to get into a conflict in. If you replaced in without knowing who is in that playerlist, and you find out that someone who you will start conflict in is in that playerlist, then thats your fault
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 60, Micc wrote:Finally, following a player around by replacing into their games despite clearly being asked not to can be a form of harassment. Please report posts or PM a Listmod if you believe this is happening. We will take action against harassment, but please know that there is some burden of proof of ill-will necessary. We see two players who don’t get along simply wanting to play in the same game as a game mod issue, or in the case of the Newbie queue, a “remove yourself if you can’t behave” issue.
This is good
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 37, Menalque wrote:
In post 35, Ircher wrote:In addition, as I pointed out in my previous post, mods shouldn't be picky about replacements because they are hard to come by as-is.
I will respond to your longer post tomorrow when I’m not on my phone and it’s not 3am but is there any basis for this? Generally the replacement queue moves pretty quickly, and in the case being described it’s likely they’d have to do more replacements anyway. Either of the player who already was playing, of others who leave as the game becomes toxic and fighting starts, or of the second followed by the first.
No its just based on misconceptions.
Very rarely are games starved for replacements for a very long period of time.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:41 am

Post by Alisae »

Like yes sometimes replacements can take forever to find, but generally speaking finding a replacement doesn’t take that long. Especially if you have friends you can badger to replace in.
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”