Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 170, Mafia Goon wrote:
In post 156, Nosferatu wrote:i think that if dunn flips red so does blair but not the other way around
I wanted to vote you for this because it makes zero sense, but then I realised I should probably townread you for it for exactly that reason.

Wait, actually, I thought about it more and it does make sense. It's like when someone checks someone else with the identity thing in secret hitler and claims the other person is liberal (town). The person making the check could still be fascist (scum) while the person being checked is liberal, but if the person being checked is fascist, then the checker has to be fascist.

Does that work for reads like it does for mechanics? Maybe. Elaborate if you can please.
u never heard of associative reads bro?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by ready2rock »

UNVOTE:

Right now I'm not liking BM all that much. He's claiming that he had both town and scum tells from midway, but I only ever saw him give midway the least charitable reading possible and sounded very sure midway was scum (see: his iso read at 110) until he decided to push someone else, then suddenly he was having a slight town read on midway all along

VOTE: Battle Mage

@BM What specifically gives you any town vibes on midway? And when, if at all, did your read change?

That all being said I don't like Nosferatu's entrance into the game all that much either, very combative

Happy birthday Umlaut!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.4
midwaybear
(3): , ,
CantLynchAPuppy
(2): ,
Dunnstral
(1):
ready2rock
(1):
Nosferatu
(1):
Battle Mage
(1):

Not voting
(1):

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-04 23:30:00)

Notes:
  • Thanks for the birthday wishes!
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Blair »

Happy birthday, Umlaut!

FoS: Ready2Rock
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 176, ready2rock wrote:That all being said I don't like Nosferatu's entrance into the game all that much either, very combative
ill fight u on that

whats bad about being combative
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 157, midwaybear wrote:I’m not really sure how much BM actually believes in his Nosferatu push. It feels like a dumb push to make.
my question is: are dumb pushes more prone to come from town or scum though.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 160, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 158, Ydrasse wrote:bm i feel it's... a bit much to expect the second a person show up they lay out a grand platter of stuff for us to chew upon.
You're misrepping me - I haven't said I expected that. But let me remind you of the sequence of events...
i feel like this is going to devolve in a pedantic back and forth because i don't see it as a misrep fmpov.

*offers hand* agree to disagree?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 173, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 119, Ydrasse wrote:@battle mage: regarding your

1) what makes post awkward? i don't really see how it feels out of place.

2) the way you're viewing post feels at odds with your view on post . isn't midway outing a towny gutread being liberal with his allegiences?
In post 120, Ydrasse wrote:also i'm admittedly not great at gauging people when it comes to meta/going through old games but midway doesn't feel as aloof/combatative as he did last game when pressure was applied to him. i think that the top of is a bit aggressive but other than that it feels sort of relaxed in comparison?
In post 159, Ydrasse wrote:that being said, nosferatu, why do you say that about dunn/blair? i didn't take anything away from their exchange personally.
these posts all rub me the wrong way, just something about askind other people these questions when there's not much out there looks IMO like busywork, it's the kind of thing i'd expect from scum figuring out how to settle in early phase

but this is minor stuff so we can work on it
i am willing to accept the L (and use less question marks when i'm not really asking questions)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i think i understand nosferatu's stance on dunn/blair a bit better but i might also be no thoughts, head empty.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 178, Blair wrote:Happy birthday, Umlaut!

VOTE: ready2rock I can get behind this
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:22 pm

oh and happy birthday too Umlaut!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:25 pm

i think BM leans town and from rock felt weird. I hate the reason for voting BM and the side dig on Nosferatu both of which I disagree with
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 184, innocentvillager wrote:

This post has a higher probability of becoming important later than most.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:05 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I got tricked into reading some of BM's walls :( I forgot what page I last read to and ended up reading page 7 on accident

The bonus is I think BM looks pretty town
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:08 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I especially liked these two posts:

Spoiler:
In post 160, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 157, midwaybear wrote:I’m not really sure how much BM actually believes in his Nosferatu push. It feels like a dumb push to make.
The first sentence may be fair. The second is not, and I would like you to explain it. I am a firm believer in the value of putting people under pressure and seeing how they react, and also getting people to put some words out there, and not just lurk and avoid scrutiny. It's objectively pro-town and the right thing to do, irrespective of my alignment, so I'm surprised to see you dismiss it off-hand.
In post 158, Ydrasse wrote:bm i feel it's... a bit much to expect the second a person show up they lay out a grand platter of stuff for us to chew upon.
You're misrepping me - I haven't said I expected that. But let me remind you of the sequence of events...

Nosferatu shows up:
In post 132, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 77, Umlaut wrote: Seeking a replacement for Nosferatu.
oop
In post 134, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 100, Blair wrote:Dunnstral put you at L-1, then a mere six minutes later, thought
"ehh, maybe not..."
then voted for Puppy instead, and made it look like an innocent opportunity to make a joke with Puppy username in the process. It felt a little too self conscious to me to be genuine.
lmfao who's the third?

VOTE: ready2rock
^ Not clear what the question above means, or why he voted where he did (although could be random, not necessarily, and worth asking). It does seem though, from the post he picked out, that he has likely been following/read at least some of the game.

This is his only contribution and then he goes away for a bit.

I show up to ask for a bit more explanation of his only post:
In post 137, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 100, Blair wrote:Dunnstral put you at L-1, then a mere six minutes later, thought
"ehh, maybe not..."
then voted for Puppy instead, and made it look like an innocent opportunity to make a joke with Puppy username in the process. It felt a little too self conscious to me to be genuine.
lmfao who's the third?

excuse me?

UNVOTE:

VOTE: nosferatu
Rather than responding and giving any more comment to allow anyone to evaluate his slot, or to put his own opinions out there to influence the discussion, he is evasive and dismisses my question:
In post 145, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 137, Battle Mage wrote:
"ehh, maybe not..."
lmfao who's the third?

excuse me?

UNVOTE:

VOTE: nosferatu
ur excused
Subsequently, I follow up by reiterating that question and pressing him for more opinion/comment.
In post 161, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 156, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 153, Battle Mage wrote:Nosferatu hadnt posted for ages, and when they did turn up (only after being threatened with replacement), they posted nothing useful and didn't want to engage in a dialogue to help sort their slot. It's what I call the road to rome special.
lmao i wasn't threatened with replacement, i was in the process of being replace and i happened remember i signed up for this in time to not get replaced.
In post 154, Battle Mage wrote:ah, I guess I was a bit ambiguous
"ehh, maybe not..."
lmfao who's the third?

wtf is this? ELABORATE
"ehh, maybe not..."
ur telling me that blair geniunely believes dunn took back a L-1 vote cause he was feeling self conscious?

thats crazy bro
Battle Mage wrote:Nosferatu - what's your thinking on the game so far? do you have any reads/views?
i think that if dunn flips red so does blair but not the other way around
Ok, why arent you voting Blair then? Is that post really the only thing you want to comment on? FWIW I basically agree with Ydrasse assessment in #159.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:08 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

VOTE: Noseferatu

I don't have any strong reads and I want to sheep on this for a big
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:13 am

In post 187, Blair wrote:
In post 184, innocentvillager wrote:

This post has a higher probability of becoming important later than most.
Is this just like an associations thing? Like it makes me/rock a less likely team?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: midwaybear
L-1

I think he looks kind of awkward here
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:24 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Where?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 103, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 102, midwaybear wrote:I was thinking your strong reaction was based on him quickhammering/almost quickhammering me because he does that a lot as scum.
You acknowledging this makes your earlier arguing look weird
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 am

Dunn he's not even close to L-1

You're using adjectives like weird, awkward. Can you go into more detail and explain why it's actually a scumtell?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:59 am

Post by midwaybear »

Meh the reasoning for voting BM was ok, but I do agree that the jab at Nosferatu was pretty scummy.
I'm liking puppy for puppy last few posts, but idk why.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:07 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 168, Mafia Goon wrote:Inen is probably town for this. It takes some real perspective shifting to fabricate this line of thought. I'm disappointed, Inen; we would make good scum partners.
Can you explain what you mean by perspective shift? I do townlean IV, but I don't understand how you derived it from the posts you quoted.
In post 174, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i missed you too buddy! have you solved the game yet? oh god please say yes
Why do you expect mafia goon to solve the game? I can't really tell if you're serious about this, but you have asked mafia goon this at least once before too.
In post 180, Ydrasse wrote:my question is: are dumb pushes more prone to come from town or scum though.
They come from both alignments.
In post 182, Ydrasse wrote:i am willing to accept the L
???

My take on what Nosferatu means about Blair/Dunn is that Blair's push on Dunn didn't make sense and thus might have been too informed. However, I think Blair raised a fair point. Also, do you still scumread me blair?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:21 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I expect Mafi to solve the game because he's town and my plan is to lurk and take all the credit. I thought I was clear about this
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

You doubt my gamesolving abilities, midway? It'll be your first and last mistake.

To answer your question, Launchy: Yes, I have solved the game, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone if I just spilled the beans now. I want everyone else to have some fun first before I end the game you know.

VOTE: redrock

Why is being combative scummy?

Pedit: IF you're my partner, Launchy, you can just say. No one will take you seriously and this game will become a lot easier.
Hectic

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”