Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Also why did you invite mafia to the dance? We really could have avoided this entire situation if you had better friends.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Thank you, please do that. Given he invited a vampire, warlock and a werewolf it seems he knows what he was doing. Quite frankly the Scarlet Devil Mansion is full of lunatics and I imagine that's where the mafia came from.

I can see why they would invite the werewolf given you are also one, but I don't really get why he would want to invite the other 2.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am actually incredibly excited to play this game. Given we are all on secret alts we can probably try and play the predance phase optimally which I don't think has ever been done before.

Basically my plan is I think the Prince should pick his top 2 Ladies and gentlemen who will then pair among each other based on personal preference. This creates a baseline of 3 solid pairs when we include the 3rd rate Lady being paired with the IC. This makes the kill somewhat unclear for the mafia although the IC is likely still dying in this situation. Not saying those 2 pairs should never die but it gives us a good baseline.

The rest of the pairs can be people who trust each other, basically basic dance strategy.

Any objections to this plan?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 13, Lady 5 wrote:That sounds basically like a good plan, is the problem not that VWW are going to be trying very hard to play for a pocket on G8, meaning that his ability to successfully make calls on who actually are the towniest 2 ladies and 2 gents will be impaired.

I also kind of like the idea of choosing on my own steam whether or not to accept a proposal, but I guess that’s reasonably likely anyway.

So yeah overall I’m on board with that plan, but I think the prince should talk through his choices properly before dictating them to give us a chance to check for bias in his picks
I never said we couldn't lynch the pairs, new info will always become available.
While I agree with you that pocketing 1 player isn't that difficult we can always readjust, being wrong is a tool we can use to solve the game. I don't think we should ignore the request of the Prince assuming he works with the team because that kind of dissonance is usually how these dance games go south.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 12, Gentleman 1 wrote:We only need to correctly identify 1 T-T pairing to win, right? Then yeah, that sounds pretty solid.
We'd need 2-3.
Wolves can pair together which means 1 town pair gets end gamed against a W/W pair.
Wolves also get 1 kill which makes it 2 pairs ignoring the above.

Not sure how I feel about this town slip as I am the only one to have noticed it. But I think Gentleman 1 is probably town.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 24, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 12, Gentleman 1 wrote:We only need to correctly identify 1 T-T pairing to win, right? Then yeah, that sounds pretty solid.
We'd need 2-3.
Wolves can pair together which means 1 town pair gets end gamed against a W/W pair.
Wolves also get 1 kill which makes it 2 pairs ignoring the above.

Not sure how I feel about this town slip as I am the only one to have noticed it. But I think Gentleman 1 is probably town.
@Lady 5 thoughts?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 30, Lady 5 wrote:The townslip is that G1 wasn’t considering the potential of a townpair being able to endgame? Idk if I’m understanding this right
He said we needed to identify 1 town pair to win, not factoring in the scum kill.
Scum have likely already thought about the win con of each alignment so it's a weird thing to miss we'd need a minimum of 2.

Given you are also confused though maybe I shouldn't use this as a clearing metric.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am cool calling Sans 1 town now. I get why people are hesitant to call people town over such minor things but I really think scum would have thought about how they need to win and how they lose to town. It is at least something needed to be faked not something that came out naturally.

I also find these kind of "haha gotcha" reads tend to have higher accuracy then body of works reads since that is what scum tend to put in the effort to try and fake.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 43, Gentleman 1 wrote:Slips hold a lot more value for scum to pull off here actually. No meta to examine, and no way to tell if the person is the type to miss something like that. In my case, I missed it obv, but they shouldn't be given much weight overall.
Have you played this setup before?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Maybe I am wrong, but this doesn't strike me as the kind of setup where someone would try and fake a town slip.
This setup isn't nearly mechanical enough for that to be on someones mind.

So the question is over the last 24 hours would a scum who camped the thread opening have not actually put effort to think about that game And I think the answer to that question is yes.

Maybe I am wrong and I can re-evaluate when I get to that point, but as far as the present is concerned I am happy with this read.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think it would be hasty to call anyone strongly already, but I would agree that Lady 7 is townpings

I think that if she’s scum then she’s mechanically hurting herself for a lot of towncred compensation, which is possible but it probably wouldn’t be my first step and I don’t think it would for that many other players if they rolled VWW either

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I don't think FakeGod cares about page tops which kills the fun of stealing them.

Also you guys aren't wrong but the only read in thread being a very light town ping from me is incredibly boring ngl.
I am getting town pings from L6.Seal. I liked the way he prodded G6.Scarfy and he doubles as being the trend setter and not the trend follower on the very light L7.Septum town read trend.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think I am going to use the naming scheme of G8.Prince. So people who want the literal name will know what I am saying but for people like me who are more visual will be able to understand who I am talking about.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 92, Gentleman 9 wrote:(´• ‸ •`✿)
ask lady 3 to dance
I don't think you should accept this.
In post 78, Gentleman 9 wrote:whats up with all the spec talk its like peak wifom
What do you mean by this?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 85, Lady 6 wrote:I'm scum reading G6 if that's more exciting for you
This is very exciting, now this game is starting to get going.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 107, Lady 3 wrote:
Gentleman 9 wrote:man being left on read hurts as much under the mask as irl l
I’m sorry I had to go find an appropriate emoji!!!!
In post 92, Gentleman 9 wrote:(´• ‸ •`✿)
ask lady 3 to dance
(๑•́ω•̀๑)
accept gentleman 9’s dance
(is this the right formatting????)

Sigh... I really think the wifom statement came out of left field given he had content to analyze that he simply chose not to.
He could have placed that invite as a "scum wouldn't invite someone that easily as pairings are important to them" kind of angle.
I think you just made a mistake.

But I guess you do you.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Lady 7 »

The "scum wouldn't pair up that easily" I guess literally applies to L3.Misty. But I don't even feel slightly good about G9 so I am not even sure why that matters?
This is a tad frustrating way to start of the game!

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 117, Gentleman 9 wrote:butt off 7

in situations like lylo talking about mafia action spec has reasoning because it leads to some degree of equilibrium. in this asking about who to dance this is pure speculation -- it also reads weird

pedit: OTP ship incoming (✿◕‿◕)
Ok I don't see why you missed the wide range of things to actually analyze.
You could have even spoke about who the scum relying on mech was the way L6.Seal did.

You had a range of things to talk about but you just entered the game saying "lolwifom bad game". Then offered to dance with Lady 3.

I just don't see why town would approach the game the way you did.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 127, Gentleman 9 wrote:the wide range of things to analyze is bad it gives scum direction to play
How does giving reads give scum direction to play?
I am not following you at all right now.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 126, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 121, Lady 1 wrote:True but I'm not touching them in first dance for sure.
Why not?

I do think Gentleman 9 could be town, and I'm not really understanding why him saying WIFOM is scummy.
I don't see why him dodging the entire game calling it "WIFOM" and engaging in it as "pro scum".
When you can analyze people's alignments at the time of his post.

I am not sure what you can possibly like within what he is doing. It's not like he engaged on read and said setup spec is pro town, which I'd view as a perfectly acceptable approach.
It's him using WIFOM to write off the entire game is what I am actively against.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I'll give G9.Yugi some credit. He did this make this game a lot more interesting. Just not sure if it's in a good way.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 148, Gentleman 9 wrote:7 your reads is not consistent tho since im not dodging the rest of the game just the setup spec?
You've only ever gave a town read on L3.Misty at the time of this post.

I just find it weird to enter a thread and comment on what you don't think is worth commenting on. Rather then talking about what you think is worth talking about like whether or not the ones driving the conversation are scum or just another comment about the game itself.

It feels counter productive to your goal and scummy given scum prefer to disagree or add on rather then generate their own conversation points.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:57 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 177, Lady 8 wrote:I want to dance with Sans 1

Pretty please?
That's what I am saying G1.Sans stole my heart.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Anyway G9.Yugi, I don't gain anything pushing you now over later.
I just wanted to clarify my thoughts, I am going to give you space now and reevaluate you down the line.

It's a singular comment and I read people better from the sidelines then hands on anyway.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 181, Gentleman 9 wrote:who is the fellow in g4's picture?
Stan Wawrinka, a Tennis player.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am not convinced L6.Seal is town but she is up their for me.
I would dance with her but alas, heteronormativity is the death to us all in the end.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Where is my lovely G7 at.
I am waiting for you my love, I will wait for you always.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 217, Lady 2 wrote:We should definitely not attempt to put scum with the IC.
I agree with this.
I think we shouldn't 'waste' our top town read on the IC, but anything less is just poor play.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Lady 7 »

How do we determine who is and isn't a strong player in a game full of secret alts?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Imagine being able to guess who the people in this game are.
Couldn't be me.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 238, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 233, Lady 7 wrote:How do we determine who is and isn't a strong player in a game full of secret alts?
feeeeels

Doesnt Gent 4 seem like he means business to you, for example? I am either crazy or am just explaining this poorly. Possibly both
Gent 4 is giving me big chad energy, I do agree with you.

I just disagree with the principle of "good players = good reads". Because playing around individual players is not as difficult as what you think no matter how good they are.
Mafia is a game with variance, lots of good tells will only work a certain % of the time. So if you play into someones strong tell and just ignore everyone else knowing it will work you will win most games.

Not like I've made this up, I've spoke to mafia paragons about this.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 243, Lady 5 wrote:Also someone gave me credit for the “letting the IC choose” thing and I feel I should point out that you’re mixing me up with L7
Yeah who isn't giving me my well earned town cred, what is this.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I intend to talk in my private thread about my partner likes to play mafia.
And other things I couldn't ask in thread.

If you pair up with me unlikely I am going to talk too much about reads unless it's some lengthy garbage I can't clog up the actual game thread with. But knowing me I'll have some of that lol.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 276, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 266, Lady 8 wrote:Perhaps! I am a ghost of sorts. No connection to this fish lady you speak of, though
I may sweep you off your feet soon, but I imagine it'd be pretty easy with you being a ghost and all.
This may make my heart ache but do what makes you happy. :cry:

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 281, Gentleman 1 wrote:Also... I've made up my mind.
Lady 7, may I have this dance?
Oh my now this is a tempting offer.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I don't know if I am ready to rush to the dance floor like this.
The IC is still missing and all the guests have yet to arrive.

I think the invitation is pure but we should be approaching this game as a group and not the desires of us as individuals.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Every time someone posts reads I have to go and check profile pictures..
Makes reading posts incredibly annoying.

FakeGod really should have used fake lady names and gentlemen names to make this easier.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Lady 7 »

For Ladies.

L8.Ghost is probably the towniest, I really like them overall. Although they are fighting me for my love.
L6.Seal is the runner up, I don't agree with the premise behind the read but I think the G6.Scarf read was townie especially how early in the thread it cropped up.
L1.Cry is good but I am not sure I am in love yet.

G1.Sans and G4.Tennis are probably my favorite Gentlemen.
G4 is asking lots of whys I feel like he is pretty engaged in the game.

I don't have any strong scum pings, G9.Yugi improved so I don't want him to eat the instant death anymore.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Lady 7 »

We are missing posts from 3 gentlemen though, so I do think pairing up is a mistake.
It would be a mistake to pair up key Ladies like L8.Ghost when we don't know what awaits us at the ball.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am spamming f5 so I can laugh.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Aww how sweet.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Lady 7 »

How do you think the gentlemen that haven't arrived are doing?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Lady 7 »

My issue with the replace out town read, is it depends on this actually being scarf mans second game.
But it's not like he was talking like someone with no other mafia experience, in fact it did seem like he knew what he was doing.

I can go further on angle shooting if you guys want to angle shoot the replace out but I actually want G6.Scarf killed.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think that G6.Scarf likely lied about having no other mafia experience, checking the large queue within a day is rather odd because it's the hardest queue to spot at a glance.
And why would town lie about that sort of thing?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 338, Lady 2 wrote:Just because G6 broke a site rule doesn't mean it's okay for the rest of you to follow suit.
What site rule are we breaking?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Lady 7 »

That isn't allowed now?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

L8.Ghost is by a good margin the towniest Lady in the game.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 347, Gentleman 5 wrote:
I ask Lady 8 to the dance

My reasoning is as follows:

-Having a sample of Lady 8's postings, I believe I'll be able to get a good read on her alignment if we are in a pt together. So far I like them in a nai way but believe that it is possible for them to be mafia.
-To that extent, I disagree with post from Lady 7. I'm not townreading Lady 6 specifically right now. Lady 8 I feel hasn't revealed enough of her heart to be able to tell. I don't know how I feel about Lady 7 as a result of this.
-I intend to put in work this game.
I am trying to decide if he wants to pair up with the towniest person in the game because he thinks he needs "a bit more"
Or if he is trying to look town while snagging the towniest person in the game.

My initial reaction would be the latter but the rest of his posts are alright so I am unsure right now.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

As scum wouldn't you want to pick your partner on future prospects not how townie they are now?
So to some degree I think scum would like to pair with someone like me, Lady 8, Lady 1.cry.

Emotionally invested players that are likely to put up a fight for the entire duration of the game.
So a more medium invested mid poster who is being widely town read could end up being a worse pairing long term.

I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 373, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 371, Lady 7 wrote:As scum wouldn't you want to pick your partner on future prospects not how townie they are now?
So to some degree I think scum would like to pair with someone like me, Lady 8, Lady 1.cry.

Emotionally invested players that are likely to put up a fight for the entire duration of the game.
So a more medium invested mid poster who is being widely town read could end up being a worse pairing long term.

I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.
wdym by future prospects? You, L8, and L1 are all townread to some extent, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
Also, L8 seems to be somewhat emotional based because she seems pretty nervous about who she's dancing with, so I don't think she fits into the "medium invested mid poster" category you are describing.
You want someone who won't fall under heat, if you die as scum you want it to be due to your own actions not your partners.
If I was scum their are certain players who based on what I've read I wouldn't be confident in my ability to defend.

Someone like L1 or L8 I think I could very easily defend just due to how they are approaching the game. L3.Misty pairing up with G9.Yugi I think is very townie on the part of Misty because she had literally 0 idea what she was getting herself into and I sort of ruled her out as scum.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #50) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 379, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 371, Lady 7 wrote: I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.
I think your reasoning makes sense, but I am not aligned with the mafia.
Who do you think they should be paired with?
Not the IC, I don't particularly want to 'waste' her.
You, G1.Sans and G4.Tennis are probably the Gents I like the most.

I am just hesitant right now, I don't think we should be pulling any triggers even if I like the direction.
Without flips or votes I don't think I am ever going to be 100% happy with anyone outside those who willingly put themselves in bad pairs.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Sorry if you think it's odd I'd post all these tin foils about you and call you town at the end.
I just don't like to make mistakes when I play mafia even if I end up making many.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In fairness my read did improve after you made the post "I town read G8.Ghost but she could be fooling us". Which was after my initial tin foil.
I found at that moment it showed our brains approach the game of mafia in a similar manner and that's not always something you can remember to fake.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Funny G8 has a bias calling Gents town but I have the opposite bias because I don't want to be paired up with the wrong individual lol.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 392, Gentleman 8 wrote:i didn't know i had reads

well outside of gentleman 9 who is a very fine gentleman indeed

i'm at like p4

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #55) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

@Gent 5

What is the difference between Lady 8, me, 6,seal, and 1.sad.

I simply sorted by post count, I am curious why you wanted to pair up with her in particular over anyone else given she is the most widely town read individual but you want to pair up for sorting based reasons?

Also do you have a nickname of sorts I could use?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #56) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 422, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 415, Gentleman 1 wrote:I proposed to L7.Blue because she was the towniest and she feels like a partner I can solve with
blue lady 7 literally said that she's not gonna solve with anyone in the PT, sans
I'll be honest this was a lie after I thought about it.
As I'll likely already town read the person I am paired up with I won't have a reason to aggressively try and sort them.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #57) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

If it isn't obvious I intend to go very hard this game.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

dwdw I will wall with you.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 443, Lady 1 wrote:I already have my 3 pairings I want in end game can I get a gg
We have 1 pairing so far.
Do you mean the 2 standing offers?

Or do you have a super cool post.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #60) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 450, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 447, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 443, Lady 1 wrote:I already have my 3 pairings I want in end game can I get a gg
I’m intrigued. Let’s discuss.
You/me
Lady 8/IC
Lady 4/Gent 5.

Thoughts?
Build it again without yourself.
I'll be honest I am playing this game assuming I won't end game.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #61) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I just figured out what the baby seal avatar represents that was brought up earlier.
Doesn't strike me as the person to try and signal who they are though so maybe I am wrong.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #62) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 497, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 401, Lady 8 wrote:I can probably look at Lady 7 objectively now
since she's no longer my rival.
To me it seems like Ghosty 8 has already decided that they'd be pairing with me at this point.

Post tingles my suspicions; pairing with the IC in Ghosty 8's position would actually be bad if she were mafia, because the general consensus has shifted to think she is town.

The way she talks about me in fuels my suspicion as well. If she is mafia, she's likely decided that she wants to accept my proposal, is what I think... I can see town her feeling 'possessive' I guess, with this post and 477.

@Blue 7 it's your initial reasoning but in reverse, Lady 8 would want to pair with me if they were, mafia, probably...

Am I the only person who is seeing things like this?
I think scum have a larger incentive to try hard in this phase then scum do.
I agree with what you are saying, I think you are very strongly town right now and would pair up with you tbh.

But I also think its not worth worrying about until post dance because we can't just pair super strong towns like you with lurkers because "scum would try here lmao"

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #63) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

G5.Skyrim/L8.Ghost
L7.Blue/G1.Sans
L6.Seal/G4.Tennis
L1.Cry/Prince

This is what I am imagining right now as the pairs I like.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #64) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

G5.Skyrim/L8.Ghost
L7.Blue/G1.Sans
L6.Seal/G4.Tennis
L1.Cry/Prince

This is what I am imagining right now as the pairs I like.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #65) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 506, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 503, Lady 7 wrote:This is what I am imagining right now as the pairs I like.
How do you feel about G9/L3 atm?
out of sight out of mind, I am not sorting them right now.
L3.Misty is basically conf town.
G9.Peggy is up in the air.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #66) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I'd also pair off Salad by making her the princess.
But I guess L1.Cry is very invested in the role.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #67) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 511, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 508, Lady 7 wrote:L3.Misty is basically conf town.
Why are you not paranoid of L3 and L8 like you seem to be with everyone else?
L3 is out of mind and out of sight, also isn't playing what I believe is optimal scum play.
Basically my paranoia from certain individuals stems from I believe are people playing like town but heading in the direction of what scum want to do.

Also I'd say I am more paranoid about L8.ghost then what meets the eye. I also don't think I am paranoid about everyone?
It's just I have to progress the game at some point and put my paranoia behind me.

I am not 100% on you and seal being town but I accept it as a pair because I feel good enough about both of you.
I am not positive G1.Sans is town but I also think he likely is and I am the one who sees that the most right now and should likely pair up to defend him.

My paranoia will show more in the death phase when what we are currently doing now is essentially setup for the real game.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #68) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Quite frankly if I said every reservation I had out loud and we all took them at face value, we would literally never exit this phase.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #69) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 516, Lady 1 wrote:I want someone to have paranoia about me
Spoiler:
Honestly I am starting to think you could just be a wolf for opportunistically trying to declare yourself the princess.
But the thing is what I believe is bad play is not something everyone would agree with. So I think you could easily approach this situation thinking you are making the right play as scum which would completely throw off my original read of "scum don't want that.".

I think you should commit to the IC pair because otherwise you are taking the town cred for trying then after backing off despite being so eager to do so by literally go as far to change your profile picture.

But again back to point one this is a secret alt game and you could have 0 experience in this setup and not actually realize that scum will literally always die after pairing up with scum. And if you don't realize that then your just a wolf trying to jump on what you believe is the best outcome for yourself.

Their you go I made up this post just for you <3

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #70) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 523, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 516, Lady 1 wrote:I want someone to have paranoia about me
Spoiler:
Honestly I am starting to think you could just be a wolf for opportunistically trying to declare yourself the princess.
But the thing is what I believe is bad play is not something everyone would agree with. So I think you could easily approach this situation thinking you are making the right play as scum which would completely throw off my original read of "scum don't want that.".

I think you should commit to the IC pair because otherwise you are taking the town cred for trying then after backing off despite being so eager to do so by literally go as far to change your profile picture.

But again back to point one this is a secret alt game and you could have 0 experience in this setup and not actually realize that scum will literally always die after pairing up with scum. And if you don't realize that then your just a wolf trying to jump on what you believe is the best outcome for yourself.

Their you go I made up this post just for you <3
Except it's not even that made up because I am a very paranoid individual <3

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #71) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Yeah she probably is.
But she isn't so town I want to keep her around.

She is like the definition of someone I want to die along side the IC.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #72) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 281, Gentleman 1 wrote:Also... I've made up my mind.
Lady 7, may I have this dance?
I would love to dance with you

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #73) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I am incredibly sad we lost Lilith.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #74) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 581, Lady 5 wrote:It sort of feels like L7, L8, G1, G4, G5, L6 are freezing out the rest of the game and just talking among each other
Sorry that I am making the game unfun for you, it was never my intention to make anyone feel alienated this game.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #75) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 632, Lady 5 wrote:t the fact she didn’t stick with her own plan brings her down a bit.
I paired up because I thought I was controlling the thread and I wanted to take a backseat, whether or not I actually end up doing that is subject to what the future holds.

Also once G5.Skyrim and L8.Ghost paired up I lost 2 town reads and my plan becomes functionally impossible.

Our IC also just doesn't seem very engaged relatively speaking to find multiple top town reads to get them to pair off. I think he is more keen on just finding a "loose" town and defending them, and my plan kind of hinged on the IC.

Not like I didn't want my plan to occur, I just don't it was going to work in the given game state, I believe I am paired up with town which is as much of an optimal pair as what I can get.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #76) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 637, Lady 2 wrote:I feel like the incentive should be to partner with someone who is read similarly to you. As in, if you're town but scummy enough to not make it to endgame, you would want to pair up with scum in order to redirect people's scumreads on you somewhere useful. Whereas, if you are townread, you would want to pair up with someone who is both town and towny enough to not drag your pair down.
I think someone you are comfortable is town is stronger than someone who is "town read comparatively to you". This game has this issue where anytime someone feels threatened or they have a strong scum read on someone for a brief moment we lose a T/T pair. The counter to the fact that town flip flop so much is you can't majority vote someone on a whim in a regular game, I could theoretically bomb G1.Sans whenever I feel like regardless of what people tell me to do.

So let's say I paired up with G4.Tennis, I don't think that's optimal for town. His presence quite frankly seems incredibly worrying to me and I think he would be an incredibly challenging read. Regardless of how people read each of us, if I just get scared and bomb him towards the late game our pair did the game no favors. And that's the demise of the dance setup. While by pairing with G1.Sans who in comparison is a bit more of a LHF, he is also someone who I think I can put my trust in.

I agree that people who are being dumpstered should probably pair up with scum since they are likely dying anyway. And acting as a marytr is likely better then just eating leaving the dance.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #77) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 618, Lady 4 wrote:Planet 5 seems genuine in her frustrations here
Is this town for you or just genuine frustration and therefore not faked?
Wondering since you didn't give a follow-up sentence.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #78) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 644, Lady 2 wrote:I mean, the best way to deal with this is to be really careful and deliberate about deciding to leave the dance and not do it on a whim.
I guess I just have less faith in someone's ability to play relative to the group when they have their own fears in regards to someone.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #79) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Lady 7 »

If you guys want me to be completely serious about my pairing with G1.Sans.

I perceived his opening to the game a town slip. I didn't realize he could have easily thought town need one T-T pair to win after the night kill occurs. I do think scum would consider all outcomes such as being able to be paired together especially someone who has apparently never played the setup before.

I still kind of think he is town for entering with that kind of a mistake but I do believe I made a mistake jumping so quickly to make this pair.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #80) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 660, Lady 6 wrote:I'm very weirded out by Gentleman 2's pop-in a couple pages ago

especially since given his ISO he seems like one of the best candidates for first eviction
And what lady would you like to see him be paired off with?
I am pretty ambivalent in regards to the alignment of unpaired woman. Don't feel particularly strongly about them flipping either town or scum.

L6.Seal, I think you are flipping town after our recent engagements from yesterday.
L5.Gaia, Doesn't strike me as the type to just yoink themselves off the grid, I think the frustrations aren't AI and scum being zoned out of a game feel equally fucked if not more then scum.
L4.Salad, Could go either way really.
L2.Rosa, on the tip of my tongue I want them to be town I really do. But whenever I end up reading their posts I end up with this weird null feeling and I am not sure what exactly I am supposed to do about it. Which means I also don't want them killed yet :^)
L1.sad, I still want them to be paired up with the princess.

Based on this list I am not sure who I would kill off.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #81) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 662, Lady 6 wrote:I think he's possibly a good candidate for *not* pairing up with anyone, but it remains to be seen what type of content G7 or G3 bring

if I had to pair him with a lady maybe Lady 2?
Why Lady 2?
I don't really get why we'd single out Lady 2, over 5.gaia or 4.salad.
I find them all equally null to me.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Lady 7 »

L2.Rosa do you get mislynched often?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 681, Lady 2 wrote:No, but I do get scumread a lot for my playstyle by people who don't know me very well.

I'm kinda surprised to hear my reads being called surface level, though. That's not something I get often given that I usually try to look one level deeper than most people (beyond "who does this appear to benefit" to "who does the player THINK this would appear to benefit").
That's unfortunate, I don't think your play is surface level.
I just don't think you've done anything particularly hard to fake.

You haven't got into much in terms of back and forth regarding reads. The only time we've had a conversation is in regards to how to approach the game.
I find reading people based on comments alone to be incredibly difficult.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #84) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Lady 7 »

People seem to want you dead because they don't think they will be able to read you long term which is kind of unfortunate.
But I also think their is reasonable competition on the side of the ladies as we seem to be the higher effort players so I don't think those players are more likely to be scum.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #85) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Lady 7 »

G3.Sherlock coming in with that big town energy.
I really like the L8.Ghost scum read, he follows up on it saying "ah fuck why are they being town read" which gives me good town vibes. Although I have the bias of town reading the old pre replacement G3.

G6.chaos is giving me the same vibes the old G6 was giving me of "look at this scum fuck people are going to town read"

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #86) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Lady 7 »

G3.Sherlock what is your read on G6? Right now he is my only scum read and I kind of want him to face the instant death.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #87) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 720, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 718, Lady 7 wrote:G3.Sherlock what is your read on G6? Right now he is my only scum read and I kind of want him to face the instant death.
The artist formerly known as Scarf? I haven't gotten to his replacement yet in my readthrough. As for the first Scarf, I'm not sure I agree that his being new was faked. Just in general complex plots like that happen far less likely than people imagine, and specifically when it comes to him I could easily see his posts coming from a new player.

As a side note, I'm not sure if I should say this or not, but you were the quickest identity to figure out. You've got a "verbal" tic that's unique on the site that manifested itself fairly quickly. Sorry, I can't resist bragging.
Interesting, I knew I had one of those and I also noticed myself doing it in this game. I am just surprised someone was observant enough to both identify it on my main and in this game.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #88) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I have a decent guess as to who you are.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #89) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 725, Gentleman 6 wrote:Here's hoping you're town and that somehow helps you get to the correct read on me, then.
I don't plan on using meta anyway, it breaks the spirit of the game. Not that it would help I've never been the best at applying it.
Otherwise I'd have said some kind of inside joke as a "aha see I got you".

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #90) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am very happy to be playing this game!
This is the most fun I've had in awhile, I love being free from my identity.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (isolation #91) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Lady 7 »

A pair I'd feel very comfortable about is G6.Seal and G3.Sherlock.

Both strike me as the towniest remaining players.
I think the push on G8.Ghost comes from town a lot more often then it comes from scum trying to do something "frisky". Especially in a setup like this you tend to leave lynches like that later, scum rarely try and set things up long term since that just isn't the natural approach.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (isolation #92) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 761, Lady 7 wrote:A pair I'd feel very comfortable about is G6.Seal and G3.Sherlock.

Both strike me as the towniest remaining players.
I think the push on G8.Ghost comes from town a lot more often then it comes from scum trying to do something "frisky". Especially in a setup like this you tend to leave lynches like that later, scum rarely try and set things up long term since that just isn't the natural approach.
I know my G3.Sherlock read kind of depends on the fact he as scum would understand how to properly deal with large threats.
But I like to assume that most people especially in a Fake God game would be experienced enough to know that starting this push now is probably not completely ideal especially in such a strong manner.

L6.Seal is town just because I found their curiosity to be relatively townie and I just have enjoyed my engagements with them.
They are actually the more replaceable one in my "create a strong town/town pair" goal I am trying to create then G3.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (isolation #93) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Lady 7 »

You guys do know I can defend myself from Lady 1 myself right?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #94) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 774, Lady 6 wrote:I am not defending you im trying to understand Lady 1's read
I mean I guess.
I feel like having people that aren't me shut down the read it hurts L1.Cry's ability further develop her read on me.

But you have already addressed the post the way I would. I'd argue my posts weren't planned.

/////
@L1.Cry

In terms of leaving options open I think that if I opened the day phase pushing L8/G5 people should suspect me I have very much called both those slots town as far as the near future is concerned. And as scum I would be aware that I wouldn't need appropriate setup on a late game push if that is what I see L8/G5 as.

If you think that my statement regarding how scum would like to pair up with strong looking players is me giving myself an easier time trying to lynch them. Why do you think to some capacity I'd be throwing G1 under the bus given I self described myself as someone scum would want, not to mention I do need to defend G1 long term as scum to win who my paranoia is extending to.
Also why start trying to pressure them now when by the time I'd need to lynch them the landscape of the game is going to be completely different? I am literally just giving them a chance to say "you've been planning this all game" as a late game buzz argument.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (isolation #95) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 776, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 761, Lady 7 wrote:A pair I'd feel very comfortable about is G6.Seal and G3.Sherlock.
Ok then. I am fine with this, but a little sad....
I still want you with a good townie Lady.
You just aren't my top pick.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #96) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 796, Lady 1 wrote:Just because you talked about yourself as someone scum would want would not be throwing yourself under the bus unless that's a statement everyone would stick with and really I don't think that's the case. Like people wouldn't vote you guys because G1 paired with you and it's likely scum wanting to be with you. It would be for his own actions.
If my argument doesn't hold up then I am not setting anything up for the late game.
I either believe it will hold up and I am setting people up while shooting myself in the foot or it doesn't hold up and nothing really matters.

Either way your read doesn't make that much sense to me.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #97) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I just want to play mafia, chop chop pair up.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #98) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 883, Lady 1 wrote:Even if you're not setting yourself up for late game as someone pointed out to me. That doesn't take away from the rest of the argument. Your second point is just...objectlely false.

But it doesn't need to make sense to a smelly wolf anyway
It really doesn't make sense but you do you I guess.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (isolation #99) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 885, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 877, Gentleman 7 wrote:This is the easiest phase of the game for scum to act like town.
This is true, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to get good reads. You are right that people should be willing to reverse their early reads in light of new information.
"People should be open to playing the game of mafia"

G.7 is really killing it in the town department I agree.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (isolation #100) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 889, Lady 1 wrote:'I don't agree with you so it doesn't make sense'

lol alright.
I mean you didn't agree with my counter argument you didn't go against it.

Either I believe my argument holds up and am setting myself for the future but I am also saying G1 as scum would want to pair up with me.
Or I don't think my argument holds up in which case I am not setting up lynches either.

Unless you think I am pushing lynches without really caring if people like my reasoning or not? Which feels like a bad way to push something through even as scum.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (isolation #101) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 897, Lady 1 wrote:It's you who didn't talk about my argument all you really did was say how you're not setting yourself up for lategame and at that point I can see/let go. But that wasn't the crux of my argument that you haven't proven false. I also openly said one of the main things I need to see depends on later in the game so you saying 'it doesn't make sense' isn't even close to the case.

Having options and setting up lynches is 2 entirely different things as well.
I don't think setting up options is even the play, you have to play stuff like this one at a time.
But I guess I can't prove to you what I think good scum play is.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (isolation #102) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 897, Lady 1 wrote:It's you who didn't talk about my argument all you really did was say how you're not setting yourself up for lategame and at that point I can see/let go. But that wasn't the crux of my argument that you haven't proven false. I also openly said one of the main things I need to see depends on later in the game so you saying 'it doesn't make sense' isn't even close to the case.

Having options and setting up lynches is 2 entirely different things as well.
I don't think setting up options is even the play, you have to play stuff like this one at a time.
But I guess I can't prove to you what I think good scum play is.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (isolation #103) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I don't get why G7.Gorilla is being town read.
Can someone explain that to me?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (isolation #104) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 926, Gentleman 9 wrote:If you scum read both players in a pair then you should like the pairing
huh.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (isolation #105) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 932, Mafia Goon wrote:I see you've all been having plenty of fun without me on the dance floor.

I'll be catching soon, and I'm pulling out a handstand this time, so you better prepare yourselves.
THIS READS LIKE A SANS POST.
NOT LIKE THIS.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #106) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 942, FakeGod wrote:
Mafia Goon was Gentleman 1 and is being force-replaced.
It's a terrible day for rain...

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (isolation #107) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

That was incredibly unfortunate I have to say. Really killed my positive moral I had going thus far.
So how many replacements are we waiting for right now before I get to meet my new partner?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #108) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 973, FakeGod wrote:
In post 969, Lady 7 wrote:So how many replacements are we waiting for right now before I get to meet my new partner?
Just Gentleman 1 slot needs to be replaced at this time.

All needed replacement slots are being filled promptly.
Nice.
Thank you for the reply FG!

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (isolation #109) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I know L1.Cry actively wants my pair dead. But I actually think she is most likely town here, as someone who gets pushed in pretty much every game of mafia I ever play.
I just think that this push is a lot more likely to be confused town then it is to come from scum.

Their is a level of distance and dedication to it that I think is pretty townie.
It isn't like the sole thing she is focusing on but she is also hard tunneling me without reconsideration that I kind of "like" as much as you can like someone that wants you dead.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (isolation #110) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Is L1.cry being town even a hot take?
Because I know no one is offering them.

But I really do like them for town right now.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (isolation #111) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I'll be honest I thought the same thing.
But apparently despite playing almost no games recently G3 picked up my typing gimmick which is pretty mean.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #112) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 998, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 982, Lady 7 wrote:Is L1.cry being town even a hot take?
I don't think so.
Someone should ask them to dance then because I don't think anyone is.
It would be a shame if a town read got paired up with garbage.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (isolation #113) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1000, Lady 5 wrote:Mine
You are the enemy to all game mods btw.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #114) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1005, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1001, Lady 7 wrote:Someone should ask them to dance then because I don't think anyone is.
It would be a shame if a town read got paired up with garbage.
I think G6 is fine with L1.
It's L4 who has to choose between G2/G7.
Oh right other people like G6 and would consider that a good pair.
I forgot about that.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (isolation #115) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1010, Gentleman 3 wrote:If you're interested, the biggest help to figuring you out was a specific phrase that you used. It's not unique to you, but it gave me a pool of suspects which is actually the most important part.

The thing about basically any sort of investigation (not just finding alts) is that once you have a small number of suspects, narrowing down between them is typically fairly easy. The hard part is in locating a suspect in the first place; that is, the hard part is even knowing where to begin out of the huge initial possibility space. Once you have a group of suspects that you can be relatively confident in, most of the hard work is already done.

So from there it was the tic that let me narrow it down to specifically you. Honestly, I suspect that whatever you're thinking of might not even be the same thing that I'm talking about; people's language habits tend to be fairly unconscious to them.

I realize this is a pretty irrelevant tangent but if it wasn't clear I find this whole subject really interesting, so stop me if I start talking too much about it.
I am almost certain nothing me and G3.Sherlock are exchanging actually indicates who either of us are.

I'd love to tell you what I believe you saw, to me it's just a way I I write sentences that is unique to me, it's not a choice of words or specific language I like to use. We can compare post game or in the dead thread but frankly we are both in likely town pairs so hopefully it's the latter.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (isolation #116) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1022, Lady 3 wrote:Hi all. Do I have a dance partner yet? Might be nice to know while I read up.
G9.YugiohGuy is your partner

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #117) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1028, Gentleman 3 wrote:Do you not have access to a private thread with him?
My least favorite part of the setup is you only get the PT for the singular night phase.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (isolation #118) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Wait you get the PT for the entire game now?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #119) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Cowards.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (isolation #120) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Kagerou I think if I used the names I am using in my head then no one would be able to understand me.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (isolation #121) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I am watching a bit of youtube before I got to bed.
I don't plan on reading back until the morning but my mafia addiction is keeping me up to date on posts so feel free to talk to me if you want.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (isolation #122) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1105, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 1103, Lady 7 wrote:I am watching a bit of youtube before I got to bed.
I don't plan on reading back until the morning but my mafia addiction is keeping me up to date on posts so feel free to talk to me if you want.
wow narrowing your main down to people who use the website youtube do you even know how to play a secret alt game?!!!?!?!!?
I even outed I sleep, I fucked up big time.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (isolation #123) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Player who replaces into a town slot continues to show the slot is likely town.
More news at 11 chief.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (isolation #124) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In regards to G4.Tennis I don't think it's fair to say that anyone is playing safe at this point in the game? To some degree I'd say scum would want to be more aggressive in order to prevent good T/T pairs or at the very least get their own strong pair.

I think it boils down to a playstyle thing and while it's perfectly fair to call G4.Tennis null I don't think you can call him scum for that especially when the dance phase has yet to begin. I do typically agree with that line of logic I just don't think it applies to the current game state.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (isolation #125) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think it's supoptimal to state a read on L5.Gaia at this point, I am going to sit down and catch up on the thread later.
But basically scum shouldn't know how we read them going into the night phase.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (isolation #126) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Lady 7 »

L3.Misty, I get your concern and why you feel the need to vocalize it.
But I think in general if scum know they can win the gambit and kill off a "strong" pair knowing they can't be punished for it isn't good for town.

If scum make the gambit not realizing L5.Gaia has enough support to end game then they just lose on the spot. Basically I want it to be a very scary decision for them.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (isolation #127) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Lady 7 »

If the IC paired with me I'd have stopped posting.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (isolation #128) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1302, Gentleman 4 wrote:Why are we planning on hiding true reads until intermission? Something called first dance exists.
I am talking about Lady 5 in particular since they are paired with the IC.
It's literally never correct to kill the IC before then given we aren't perfect and your scum read is perfectly capable of being wrong.

And you should keep it to yourself in hopes scum solve your problems for you.

Feel free to murder me right now if you'd like or any other pair.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (isolation #129) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Basically for the 3 people who scum read Lady 5, odds are if you are wrong scum are going to solve your problem for you.
If you are right then you can deal with it during the 2nd dance.

Otherwise we are just helping scum by talking about it early.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (isolation #130) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Talk to me about the scum indicative ones and I can help you out.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (isolation #131) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1309, Lady 3 wrote:Like asking to die

saying you don't think you'll reach endgame

the latter bothered me because even if your main has a high misexile rate, which isn't my first intuition anyway, you should be contemplating potential town sweeps
unless you already know the whole scumteam and know it has a blastoise and a gyarados
Your intuition would be correct, I don't consider myself someone to get mislynched, nor has it happened in my last 10+ games. I face a lot of pressure but it never amounts to anything typically outside me getting frustrated. Me talking about dying more comes from the fact that I don't really have confidence in my own end game capabilities.

From a gameplay standpoint I also think if a game has X lynches left and your winning pool assumes town won't mislynch you then you don't actually have a winning pool, you have one that needs to be trimmed by 1 lynch. You can't control other people and how they read you sl the best you can do is argue your heart out and not depend on you staying alive.

Why I am not gunning to keep certain pairs alive is mainly because it's the predance. I just don't find talking about top town reads particularly productive, I don't see anyone come in with a real arguement that G3.Sherlock and L6.Seal could flip scum so I don't particularly need to enter a defensive mode in order to keep them alive.

I could town case both of them relatively easy if I wanted to but right now they seem to be the best bet for flipping town/town. And if you asked me to gamble the game on a singular pair that would be my pick.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (isolation #132) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Lady 7 »

A combination of seeing my town reads pair up, lilith out herself and a feeling I was controlling the game making it less fun for others hit me over the course of 2 pages.
I reacted to that, said fuck it and did what I wanted to do.

Pairing up with Sans was a mistake, and I agree it's not a mistake that is consistent with my thoughts or inconsistent in a way that makes me look town because I do think Sans was the kind of player I could defend as scum. You aren't wrong I don't have a counter argument to this point.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (isolation #133) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1318, Lady 3 wrote:why was seeing your townreads pair up demotivating? if you mean with eachother that should be good?
Some capacity it made me feel like people were just going to do what they wanted anyway so why couldn't I, I'd just be waiting out to end up at the same result anyway.
I didn't see myself as someone who should pair up with the IC and I sort of realized it would be better for me to pair up with someone I trust. Over someone more likely to be town like how I felt about L4.Tennis at the time but he also doubled as someone who I knew I'd grow paranoid of, because the "I am an easy read but people would disagree" comment felt like something a top tier scum player would say, even as town.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (isolation #134) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1329, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1314, Lady 7 wrote:I could town case both of them relatively easy if I wanted to but right now they seem to be the best bet for flipping town/town. And if you asked me to gamble the game on a singular pair that would be my pick.
Could you do this? I think I’d like to see what my dance partner thinks about it
L6.Seal it's a player that has content that is built up on whys not statements or analysis. I think that in general is a lot harder to fake then any amount of high density analysis is. It's just a genuine curiosity that comes out as they are playing that I really like. I think their is some level of disregard as well for whats right but what they want to do like they wanted to pair up with Tennis earlier in the game not because they thought they were town but because they thought he would be a fun sort. I find emotional like that to be incredibly difficult to fake. Not to mention they also had the push against L1 that doubled as a defense on me. While I don't think the defense on me was intended I think it's just another act of curiosity and trying to solve the game without a real regard for their actions that I think comes from town far more often then it comes from scum.

G3.Sherlock honestly isn't as good as G5 in my opinion but he is still good. He entered the game and basically went "what is going on why are people town reading L8.Ghost." and I found that his read is within the realm of believability that makes me like his alignment. While his curiosity for alt hunting I think is above his curiosity for the game itself I do still think the slot is reasonably townie throughout the other posts to make me not want to fall back on this read.

Not to mention that this slot was replaced and he had 2 chances to scum tell which he didn't do so far. The initial slot was probably null in all honesty but I thought the posts about "lock town energy" were pretty decent.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (isolation #135) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1334, Lady 5 wrote:Same question L7
2 players playing like town and I am not looking back.
The Lilith pair up was reckless, hurtful to herself long term in exchange for short term town. It was overall just an awful play to make as scum even if the short term town cred favored her. The new misty posts are also fine so I don't see why I should doubt this read.

Why do you ask this question in particular, I don't see why you would question the alignment of L3?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (isolation #136) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Is L4 the last lady to need a pairing or am I wrong?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (isolation #137) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1356, Lady 1 wrote:You're right. It's between G2/G7
Oh god they both suck so much.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (isolation #138) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1360, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1359, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1356, Lady 1 wrote:You're right. It's between G2/G7
Oh god they both suck so much.
I would not be surprised if both were town tbh.
To some degree maybe?
Which one in particular do you think we should leave out. I'd have to analyze both to figure it out.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (isolation #139) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Ehhh I disagree, I'd rather flip scum now then later.
It will greatly help us moving forward if we can get a scum here if that option is still available to us.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (isolation #140) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I'd rather leave out G2.chad, since G7.monkey has the ability to toggle if he truly thinks this is some kind of shit posting phase.
G2 is going to continue to play exactly the way he has been so far which is sub par play that will make him leave the dance.

As far as alignments are concerned I don't particularly like either I guess, if someone talks to me about it I'd be willing to dive them more in depth.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (isolation #141) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1365, Lady 2 wrote:Would either G2 or G7 flipping scum help your reads to a significant degree?

I guess G7 flipping scum would be more informative given his proposal to L6.
I'd have to go back but I am almost certain people have defended both players.
Which I am only willing to do post scum flip really.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (isolation #142) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1370, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1368, Lady 7 wrote:I'd have to go back but I am almost certain people have defended both players.
I'm not really sure that defending a scum who's as LHF as either of them is scum indicative. Scum would probably be anxious to not create associatives knowing that their partner would probably not live very long.
And the opposite of scum indicative is....
I do think information can be gathered from a scum flip because town can and will defend scum harder then scum are ever willing to do.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (isolation #143) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Everyone discovering each others alts.
And I am like "I guess I know the 2 people who literally outed if you can use the basic search feature on site"

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (isolation #144) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1399, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 1331, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1252, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 1195, Lady 3 wrote:I'm noticing a lot of the game isn't townreading my slot as much as it deserves, but I think g9.bananas is kind of scummy, so it's not the shame it would otherwise be. It's a shame this pairing occurred at all, though.
This is scummy on so many levels.
It doesn't look scummy to me? It's pretty blunt which is towny if anything.
Lilith is a great scum player, piggy backing on how townie Lilith was, is a scum move.

That's kind of the point, does Lilith shoot herself in the foot long term in order to get a small amount of short term town cred?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (isolation #145) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I don't think the meta argument matters since I was arguing this before and after the reveal for clarification.
I just don't see how being a strong scum player somehow weakens the argument when it should strengthen it.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (isolation #146) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1408, Gentleman 4 wrote:G7, why do you think letting G2 pair with L4 instead of you is better than letting yourself pair with L4?
I'll be honest I want him to die for that.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (isolation #147) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Lady 7 »

G7's current thoughts don't feel consistent with his earlier play.
If the game was as simple as a single town town pair he wouldn't deem predance worthless as that would be the only phase that actually matters.

I want him dead.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (isolation #148) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I just don't view what he is doing right now as particularly consistent enough with his prior play for me to look at his current play to think this is a defeatist town reaction.
I don't think he intends to toggle on which was the main reason I wanted to see him alive.

I still just want both players dead, but I don't feel like rewarding this play especially when I hardly even view it as town indicative.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (isolation #149) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1426, Lady 5 wrote:I also feel like just glancing at the last couple of pages he does care more than he’s letting on sort of, whereas G2 really doesn’t seem to care at all

Idk, it feels more studied from G7 and more natural from G2

Although I’m not sure either will necessarily flip scum
I agree with you on this, I am not particularly sure he is flipping scum.
I just don't feel great leaving him around and I don't think the past few pages is actually a good look like what people are suggesting.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (isolation #150) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I mean the thing is people don't even scum read L4.
He literally just doesn't want to deal with having to show he is town.

It's an incredibly weird reaction given his approach to this game so far.

Not to say town can't be this weird but like I don't particularly want him to live either.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (isolation #151) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1436, Lady 4 wrote:Like it feels discontinuous with what he said earlier about getting involved in dance 1
And I don't really buy his "lady 4 can't keep me alive" excuse
Yeah exactly how I feel.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (isolation #152) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1451, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1425, Lady 7 wrote:G7's current thoughts don't feel consistent with his earlier play.
If the game was as simple as a single town town pair he wouldn't deem predance worthless as that would be the only phase that actually matters.

I want him dead.
I’m not really sure what’s inconsistent? Maybe he really does believe that he can’t form reads from pre dance and is looking to form them in the first dance.
I don’t like the attitude either, but it doesn’t seem like the angle scum would be taking. What scum would want to do now is to secure the pair with Lady 4, and what he’s doing now doesn’t seem to be taking him any closer. And he knows that(I think).
I don't see why he was hyping himself up to play the post dance phase.
Argue that we are all going to flip our reads.

Then at last come in and say that all his efforts would be in vane and L4,Salad would always get him killed without actually calling L4 scum. Not to mention L4 isn't being particularly scum read. So his reaction to being paired with L4 doesn't make sense to me if we ignore all other aspects of his posts.

I feel like the AtE could just be a way to give himself some extra cred from the whole "scum wouldn't be so open to die" stance. But it doesn't make sense he is so open to die really.

He could just be town that fucked up his approach to the game and it caught up to him, but I also see the scum motivation. I honestly just want to see both die but I don't see why anything G7.monkey has done is remotely town.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (isolation #153) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Lady 7 »

People keep talking to me about it and I have fun arguing with people about things. (¬_¬;)

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (isolation #154) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1470, Lady 3 wrote:my paranoia is that g2 and g7 are way outside the PoE and shouldn't really matter that much and I'm suspicious of caring too much about the wallflowering because knowing their alignments are actually different is TMI but being right on it is something people might think makes them look good.
If someone engages me on something I am going to reply and it's also the last thing we need to resolve before the dance.
I understand your concern but I also think your going to come up with bad reads overall using this logic given the nature of it being the last available pair.

It's kind of the only thing to talk about really outside things we have to deal with later.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (isolation #155) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Lady 7 »

L3.Misty I just don't understand what you suggest I talk about right now and what things going on in the thread I haven't done?
I guess I could compile a read list in the predance phase, that's the only productive use of time I can think of.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (isolation #156) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I don't want to come across as stealing L5.princess' posts since they already said tackle =(

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (isolation #157) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

My partner hasn't been replaced yet ;-;
Hope I don't get a lamer.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (isolation #158) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Or worse, they have been replaced but they aren't posting!

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (isolation #159) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Would you guys like my read lists to be individual or as a group from here on out?
I know I've never posted a read list but it's still good to know.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (isolation #160) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Maybe I can pull out a sick image based read list and give you all colors to represent pairings. Yeah that sounds fun.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (isolation #161) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Making a read list I concluded most people are "oh god I have no idea what I am doing"
Or town, that says a lot more about me as a player then the game itself.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (isolation #162) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1509, Gentleman 8 wrote:please write a limerick or a haiku, whichever you prefer, on each of your reads lady 7

i'll start you off

there once was a gentleman named 4
whose posts i do abhor
i see not a single good stance
but he still gets to dance?
i currently wish to make him no more
While I come from land, few come from the sea
A town role pm is what I seek.
Searching for one pure of heart.
As Sans sealed away my heart.
Lady 6 the seal has done her part

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (isolation #163) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Someone else go next.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (isolation #164) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

It's ok L3 said everyone sucked at poems except for the 2 people that weren't me ;-;

Only hurt a little bit.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (isolation #165) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

This mafia game is giving me false hope by actually being really fun.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (isolation #166) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1539, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 1536, Lady 7 wrote:This mafia game is giving me false hope by actually being really fun.
I could yell at you if you'd like
Yeah when one of my scum reads flips scum just flame me a bit and it'll ground me.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (isolation #167) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1501, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1484, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1471, Lady 4 wrote:Yeah and what's a good way to secure the pair? AtE and defeatism
Well it clearly isn't working...
Would be nice to hear something from Gentleman 2.
Really still not seeing L3 towniness
I can't get past the fact that Lilith is way better than to accept that dance so fast
If Lilith is as good as you say?
Would she make such a grave mistake?
Rushing the dance phase.
Was certainly a mistake.
But not one scum Lilith would make.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (isolation #168) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

G2.chad can you propose to L4 so we can get to the everyone panic leaving phase?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (isolation #169) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1556, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 1549, Gentleman 9 wrote:man you boys rather die than take salad girl's hand
How do you feel about her?
Like I don't town read her but I also don't think leaving right away is the right play?
Are you sure she is scum or unsure she is town because those are different reads that demand different reactions.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (isolation #170) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

L4 does have more scum equity then G3.
You didn't need to correct that.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (isolation #171) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

L3, sit back and happy poem hour please.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (isolation #172) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

It was very fun but maybe we should play the game now :/

G2 should probably move the game along and pair up as he is the last one left but I guess that's up to him.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (isolation #173) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1571, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 1568, Lady 7 wrote:It was very fun but maybe we should play the game now :/

G2 should probably move the game along and pair up as he is the last one left but I guess that's up to him.
Will that mean we're the first pair leaving after pre-dance?
L4 doesn't plan on leaving and I don't plan on supporting voting you out instantly.
At some point, sure I am not going to make promises on that, but I want to move to the voting phase so I can readjust my reads.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1583 (isolation #174) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1582, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1581, Gentleman 4 wrote:By this metric, I would like me/L2 and G9/L3 to endgame as of now. Maybe even the L4 pair because I don't really think her or G7 are scum.
Man you must HATE my pair then.
If it makes you feel better it's just you and not L1.cry.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (isolation #175) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Lady 6 / Gent 3 is actually the pair I trust the most by a large margin.
I am not particularly confident in any other pair really.

Hopefully that changes entering the next dance.
To some degree my town read on G1 still holds and I know I am town but I am not that confident.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1613 (isolation #176) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Given I only town read a pair that isn't globally town read.
I ensure you I do not support that plan.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1616 (isolation #177) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Regardless of whether or not Lilith is getting town read for it she ended up paired with someone who I am not very sure is town.
So Lilith made a play hinged on G9 being a townie individual despite the offer as a whole being a scummy action.

So even if I am wrong on that town read, I am still probably killing the slot as a whole.
That's why Lilith doesn't make that play as scum, eventually that early town cred will bleed out and she is stuck with a shitty partner.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (isolation #178) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1614, Lady 4 wrote:no
bad H2

I'll accept G2's invite soon prob tmrw morning unless something changes my mind
I just think G7 tried way too hard to LAMIST
Why are we waiting until tomorrow morning?

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1620 (isolation #179) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1619, Lady 3 wrote:G9.bananas is more important to figure out than me but I get twice the airtime
Maybe I post too much though
Can you overtake me so I can feel less self-conscious about this topic?

I feel you though I am just waiting so I can sort G1.sans a bit more, I still think he is town and I can't scum read the slot for not being here when they repped out. But it is something I am eager to do, although I can see why no one wants to sub into a 70 page game.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (isolation #180) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Me being tin foiled is probably the most magical part of this game to me.
Never change mafia, never change.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (isolation #181) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I am not worried about that tbh, he either comes in and I catch scum.
Or he comes in and I get a T/T pair.

I'll make it work.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (isolation #182) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I am still pretty sure you are town!
Ghost girl kinda fell off the grid after getting a strong pairing which is exactly how i expect scum to react.

But I guess I'll see during dance 1.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (isolation #183) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1637, Lady 4 wrote:What are you even getting at here
How does your read on G9 relate to Lilith's actions
Because L3 accepting the invitation hinged on G9 playing like town moving forward.
Which is an uncertainty L3 wouldn't need to risk that early on.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (isolation #184) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (isolation #185) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Maybe swap Rosa and Ghosty?
Either way they are both nullish.

Point stands I don't know what I am doing.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (isolation #186) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1652, Gentleman 5 wrote:So what is your read on Gent 9, why do you have them as scum
I have held the belief the entrance comes from scum since the start of the game.
They have done nothing to make me reconsider this throughout the entire course of this game.

I don't think them in particular chiming in on my pairing being scum is town in the way L1 holds that belief.
They don't seem scared of the way I am controlling the thread or anything, they just scum read my pair and aren't doing anything about it.
It's just weird really, I couldn't tell you why he feels that way which is a huge problem to me.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (isolation #187) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1647, Gentleman 8 wrote:i don't see kagerou

:thinking:
I am sorry it was a mistake on my part to use my own avatar and not yours for the apex of town =(

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (isolation #188) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1662, Gentleman 5 wrote:How do you think mafia treat my pair if Ghosty 8 is town?

Vs how Gent 9 treated my pair

and vs his revised opinion on me (which may have something to do with how I was treating his pair?)
Can I have a hint? I am not really sure how to answer this.

Maybe I am having trouble because I don't have a flip to work with. I think in general as scum trying to distance you want to target the town player. It acts as you pushing on your buddy but since you are pushing on an uninformed individual it doubles as natural interactions. Although this sequence is incredibly predictable so I am not sure how it would work in practice.

This game is nightless so scum pushing or choosing to not push is very up in the air and depends entirely on the individual player.
In post 1663, Lady 8 wrote:My main takeaway recently is that Lady 7 is town and I trust her to evaluate Sans' successor. Her reaction to being put at the bottom of Gent 9's list was quite good
I will do what I can to not let you down.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (isolation #189) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1677, Gentleman 5 wrote:This game is challenging, there are a lot of people who feel like town
Eventually we have to bite the bullet and say who can be faking what they are doing.
Unfortunately that's the only way to win these kind of games even if it hurts to be wrong when someone is playing reasonably townie.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (isolation #190) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Unfortunately I am just assuming the worst in regards to most people in this game and what they would be capable of doing as scum.
Although that should be the way mafia is played to be fair.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (isolation #191) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1693, Lady 1 wrote:Food for thought: How much are you willing to trust someone else's read on their own partner?
Depends on how good I think their analysis is same as any read.

To give you the answer you are looking for I think people are more likely to town read their partner due to the consequences associated with accidentally bombing a town partner. Although other players are more likely to misread a pair as they have 2 slots to tin foil over just 1 so it sort of makes sense it works out that way.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (isolation #192) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1709, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1707, Gentleman 3 wrote:I'm not sure if I should feel insulted here or not, but I get the vague feeling that I am being insulted.
You aren't.

I had a feeling you were a particular playstyle, but you aren't and that's okay.

That play style died when the 2012/2013 cohort mostly left the site. I had hoped you were one of the few remainders.

Not really sure this meta-playstyle talk is achieving anything, so I'll drop it.
Hopefully, we can connect up in dance phase 1 if you'd like, I've been sitting in the thread in hopes of finding someone I can bounce ideas off of as that's my prefered style of play.
Unfortunately, I just don't town read you very much which is a shame since you apparently would want to be that player for me :/

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (isolation #193) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1718, Gentleman 6 wrote:Sometimes bouncing your reads and getting reactions to unseen event sin real time is a good way to firm up a read on players. I'm no exception.

It is KILLING me inside to not be able to cite specific past examples of this working.
Frankly whenever I try and play like that the only people who work together with me are scum which ends up just making me play worse.
Which is a real shame really, people just like playing mafia solo now :(

I paired up with G1 because he seemed like someone who would appreciate me trying to do that and he also town slipped, if he wasn't actually newb town I'd use the PT to try and break him to realize he was lying to me. Guess I can hope my new partner likes to play like that. (╥_╥)

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1729 (isolation #194) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1722, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1715, Lady 7 wrote:I've been sitting in the thread in hopes of finding someone I can bounce ideas off of as that's my prefered style of play.
I'm here
It's a bit late and I would love to do this later.
Generally, I am just in the patch of trying to sort my null pile.

What made you go from questioning L8.Ghost and trying to pair up with her to sort her.
To have her as a pretty solid town read, assuming that's your current read.

She fell off the grid so I am not sure what changed unless you took old information and reanalyzed it.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (isolation #195) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1724, Gentleman 6 wrote:Given you now know who G1 was... and can cross-reference past play, how do YOU feel about the townslip in question? To me, it solidified.
He always radiated newb town energy, which is why I wanted to pair up with him.
I can see how other people wouldn't trust that, but pretending to be a newb and needing to stay consistent with that just sounds like an insufferable way to play so I never questioned it.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1733 (isolation #196) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1726, Lady 3 wrote:I'm so outclassed by all the players, maybe even by Lady1
Meh, I am overrated and most people likely are.
It's a confidence thing over anything else which is making you feel this way.

You're doing fine, just keep this good thing going ok \(^ヮ^)/

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1742 (isolation #197) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1735, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1731, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1724, Gentleman 6 wrote:Given you now know who G1 was... and can cross-reference past play, how do YOU feel about the townslip in question? To me, it solidified.
He always radiated newb town energy, which is why I wanted to pair up with him.
I can see how other people wouldn't trust that, but pretending to be a newb and needing to stay consistent with that just sounds like an insufferable way to play so I never questioned it.
I am of this opinion as well.

Why do you think people are sitting here calling G1 scummy?

Do you place any value in those scumreads?
I've always read newb players the best out of any class of player even those with comparable playstyles to myself.
I think in general people don't like to clear people for things they could fake themselves. But they never consider what a newb town would and wouldn't try and fake which to me is the most important step when developing a read. Anything can be faked but people only think about faking so many things at once.

I'd like to say I am not putting much weight into the scum read, but people are making me feel uneasy in the sense that. I don't want to hard defend someone all game and end up being wrong when people are telling me not to do it. It isn't making me think he is scum but it's making me think I should just depend on another pair and leave at some point so I can feel guilt free regarding this games result.

But to defend my read in the words of a former mafia paragon, the best reads are those that are built on the simplest ideas. The more complex and harder to understand your methodology the less likely it is to be good in the first place. This occured over a discord conversation so I can't name them right now. Mafia players in general tend to disagree with that idea to some degree they just don't like winning because of a low effort 80% tell, when their brain tells them we live in the 20% world.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1743 (isolation #198) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1737, Lady 3 wrote:Ok i will try
For whatever it's worth I am enjoying playing with you.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1748 (isolation #199) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1744, Lady 1 wrote:That feels like such a reach.

But a stupid reach to try and make an entire point/argument out of. Ugh...maybe I won't instantly vote Lady 7 and Gent 1.
You fear what you do not understand.
In post 1745, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1742, Lady 7 wrote:I don't want to hard defend someone all game and end up being wrong when people are telling me not to do it. It isn't making me think he is scum but it's making me think I should just depend on another pair and leave at some point so I can feel guilt free regarding this games result.
Unfortunately, if everyone feels this way it's not much of a game, now is it?
I guess you aren't wrong on this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”