Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:22 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

I ask Lady 6 to the dance.

Definitely the cutest, most honorable and townie looking lady.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Lady 4 »

Why 6?
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

I don't trust Lady 1.

2 and 4 aren't as good.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Lady 4 »

Wut about 5?
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

5 is too masculine
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 581, Lady 5 wrote:It sort of feels like L7, L8, G1, G4, G5, L6 are freezing out the rest of the game and just talking among each other
Sorry that I am making the game unfun for you, it was never my intention to make anyone feel alienated this game.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Lady 5 »

It’s not you specifically or exclusively, it’s more that I feel entirely superfluous so far, and the only person who has felt particularly interested in engaging with me has been the conftown

G5 counts too, I guess
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 614, Gentleman 5 wrote:Note that you don't get a pt until the end of the dance phase (after somebody is left out)

Who do you think we should leave out? Who are some of your preferences for the dance, other than me?
Yep, I knew that bit about the PTs

Err, let me think

I kind of think the bloc that I talked about has scum in it but I have no idea who. I would be surprised if town was playing totally passively. I still slightly like L7 for town, but the fact she didn’t stick with her own plan brings her down a bit. I liked G4 and was hoping he would talk to me, I don’t know what G2 thinks is scummy there, and I’m generally not that impressed with G2’s content.

I don’t know why G1 is being townread.

I quite like you for town but I’m not sure if it’s justified or if it’s just because you’re talking to me.

L3 is slightly town based on talking with G8 about her.

I don’t think I have anything else atm.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Oh, I dislike gentleman 7’s entrance too

L4 is very null
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Lady 5 »

L6 is also null after checking iso
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Anyone I haven’t mentioned hasn’t made an impression or I haven’t really read at all, so they’re default null instead of null from their actual content
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 632, Lady 5 wrote:t the fact she didn’t stick with her own plan brings her down a bit.
I paired up because I thought I was controlling the thread and I wanted to take a backseat, whether or not I actually end up doing that is subject to what the future holds.

Also once G5.Skyrim and L8.Ghost paired up I lost 2 town reads and my plan becomes functionally impossible.

Our IC also just doesn't seem very engaged relatively speaking to find multiple top town reads to get them to pair off. I think he is more keen on just finding a "loose" town and defending them, and my plan kind of hinged on the IC.

Not like I didn't want my plan to occur, I just don't it was going to work in the given game state, I believe I am paired up with town which is as much of an optimal pair as what I can get.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 585, Lady 5 wrote:I mean I would have a strong preference towards having a town partner unless I had an insane confidence in my raw reads (which I don't) in which case I guess I might try to bait my top SR into partnering with me so I could leave and kill them

Looking at the game overall, there should always be a preference for town to seek out and partner with other town when possible unless you consider yourself highly >average at sorting in hoods. If you do, it makes sense to be unconcerned, but idk if I think L3 fits that mould.

The benefits of being with town are twofold, as I see it. First, if everyone who is town partners with town, scum are forced to partner with each other thereby increasing the odds of a double whammy elimination if that pairing is picked. Secondly, solving in the hoods will be better by definition if paired with town
I feel like the incentive should be to partner with someone who is read similarly to you. As in, if you're town but scummy enough to not make it to endgame, you would want to pair up with scum in order to redirect people's scumreads on you somewhere useful. Whereas, if you are townread, you would want to pair up with someone who is both town and towny enough to not drag your pair down.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Lady 2 »

I would also like to engage Lady 4 on her scumread of me because it seems like she's scumreading me for mostly personality reasons.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 588, Lady 5 wrote:right, only I don't see why town thinks "yes, I should just accept the first proposal that comes my way"
It probably comes from a mindset of not thinking who pairs with whom is very important. Which while wrong is understandable.

But impulsiveness in general is a towntell and scum-her would likely have been concerned about how opportunistic it looked so if anything it's points in her favor.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 637, Lady 2 wrote:I feel like the incentive should be to partner with someone who is read similarly to you. As in, if you're town but scummy enough to not make it to endgame, you would want to pair up with scum in order to redirect people's scumreads on you somewhere useful. Whereas, if you are townread, you would want to pair up with someone who is both town and towny enough to not drag your pair down.
I think someone you are comfortable is town is stronger than someone who is "town read comparatively to you". This game has this issue where anytime someone feels threatened or they have a strong scum read on someone for a brief moment we lose a T/T pair. The counter to the fact that town flip flop so much is you can't majority vote someone on a whim in a regular game, I could theoretically bomb G1.Sans whenever I feel like regardless of what people tell me to do.

So let's say I paired up with G4.Tennis, I don't think that's optimal for town. His presence quite frankly seems incredibly worrying to me and I think he would be an incredibly challenging read. Regardless of how people read each of us, if I just get scared and bomb him towards the late game our pair did the game no favors. And that's the demise of the dance setup. While by pairing with G1.Sans who in comparison is a bit more of a LHF, he is also someone who I think I can put my trust in.

I agree that people who are being dumpstered should probably pair up with scum since they are likely dying anyway. And acting as a marytr is likely better then just eating leaving the dance.

Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 633, Lady 5 wrote:Oh, I dislike gentleman 7’s entrance too
It's, uh, it's definitely an entrance.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:38 am

Post by FakeGod »

GeorgeBailey was Gentleman 3 and is being force-replaced. (Posted as G3 in another game)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 618, Lady 4 wrote:Planet 5 seems genuine in her frustrations here
Is this town for you or just genuine frustration and therefore not faked?
Wondering since you didn't give a follow-up sentence.

Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 640, Lady 7 wrote:I think someone you are comfortable is town is stronger than someone who is "town read comparatively to you". This game has this issue where anytime someone feels threatened or they have a strong scum read on someone for a brief moment we lose a T/T pair. The counter to the fact that town flip flop so much is you can't majority vote someone on a whim in a regular game, I could theoretically bomb G1.Sans whenever I feel like regardless of what people tell me to do.
I mean, the best way to deal with this is to be really careful and deliberate about deciding to leave the dance and not do it on a whim.

You are right though that being able to get a good read on your dance partner is important, because if you can confidently say your partner is town, then all everyone else has to do is read YOU correctly, rather than both of you. So maybe it's less that your partner has to be read similarly to you, and more that your partner has to have an alignment that matches how you are read. Or vice versa.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 627, Gentleman 7 wrote:I don't trust Lady 1.

2 and 4 aren't as good.
Explain this.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 644, Lady 2 wrote:I mean, the best way to deal with this is to be really careful and deliberate about deciding to leave the dance and not do it on a whim.
I guess I just have less faith in someone's ability to play relative to the group when they have their own fears in regards to someone.

Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Lady 2 »

I have no faith in it at all :P

But that won't stop me from laying out what I think is best and explaining why.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 581, Lady 5 wrote:It sort of feels like L7, L8, G1, G4, G5, L6 are freezing out the rest of the game and just talking among each other

idk if that means that there is a cluster of scum in there, but it does make the game highly demotivating and uninteresting from the perspective of someone who is outside that, and also I'm somewhat doubtful that scum is entirely outside that grouping even though I don't have strong reads on anyone inside it
it's literally just because no one outside that group was posting for a long while

it's not a nefarious clique

I was trying to get a handle on you earlier, which I mentioned, but your posts continued to strike me as incredibly null
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 618, Lady 4 wrote:Planet 5 seems genuine in her frustrations here
yes... unsure those frustrations are AI however

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”