Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 747, Lady 1 wrote:A lot of Lady 7s posting feels planned. At first she said she wasn't going to post in her PT and changed her mind and then made a big deal of 'oh I have paranoia on a lot of these players! Paranoia this and that!' It feels like a way to leave her options open.
This sounds like the opposite of planned to me. Wouldn't the easiest way to keep your options open be to just not give a strong opinion on how you'll play the PT?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 744, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 742, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 731, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 728, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady 1, serious question, what makes the game of mafia enjoyable the most to you?
Being able to have healthy conversation about reads and trying to figure things out together with other people. Why?
Your posting strikes me as something similar to how I play when I'm really happy about the role PM I drew, or the players in the game.

Given this is an anon alt game...
I am happy with the role pm I got true.
You are the exact kind of player I feel like I am able to sort best.

This bodes well, and I will use you as an anchor kthnx.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 648, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 581, Lady 5 wrote:It sort of feels like L7, L8, G1, G4, G5, L6 are freezing out the rest of the game and just talking among each other

idk if that means that there is a cluster of scum in there, but it does make the game highly demotivating and uninteresting from the perspective of someone who is outside that, and also I'm somewhat doubtful that scum is entirely outside that grouping even though I don't have strong reads on anyone inside it
it's literally just because no one outside that group was posting for a long while

it's not a nefarious clique

I was trying to get a handle on you earlier, which I mentioned, but your posts continued to strike me as incredibly null
Okay, but I was around at the beginning when it started and it really felt like it didn’t matter if I was there or not which is part of why I left to do other things. I don’t think I really implied that it was a nefarious clique, but I kind of see how you could get that reading. But i guess i more meant that i see it as fairly likely that scum could be in there and trying to keep discussion focussed on the group to freeze out other slots. Although now I write that down it feels silly. I guess maybe it makes more sense that scum would not want to risk a townbloc forming early and would have a lot of incentive to be trying to infiltrate that?

I think it’s a shame that you didn’t engage with me more if you thought my posting was null. I feel like this is happening repeatedly, fairly or not, that people are saying things that make it really hard to go any further. “Your posts continued to strike me as incredibly null” — okay, so why not do anything to try and rectify that?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am very happy to be playing this game!
This is the most fun I've had in awhile, I love being free from my identity.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 749, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 745, Lady 1 wrote:I don't really see how much solving you've done in the game. Your tone doesn't help but that's more a personality thing than it is a reason to think you're a wolf. You just seem very defensive and only get fired up whenever it's about you in question.
What is your definition of solving? Forming reads?

I've shared every read I have, and I'm more than happy to explain any you want to hear about. I'm not going to make up reads out of thin air, though.
Do you not like it when people wolf read you?
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 746, Lady 5 wrote:Why do you think L2’s sr on you stems from personality reasons?
I assume you mean either L1 or L4, but this applies to both. I'm pretty slow to form reads and I tend to make a lot of posts that don't lead anywhere specific or support a specific read. People love to call me scum for fence sitting, or not being proactive, or not having many reads, or any number of things that aren't scum-indicative.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 652, Lady 6 wrote:Lady Earth 5, what leads you to think there's scum in the block you've mentioned?
Maybe L8 or G1? But I’m not sure

Maybe you

I feel best about L7 and G4, I’ve liked G5’s engagements with me so far
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 750, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 747, Lady 1 wrote:A lot of Lady 7s posting feels planned. At first she said she wasn't going to post in her PT and changed her mind and then made a big deal of 'oh I have paranoia on a lot of these players! Paranoia this and that!' It feels like a way to leave her options open.
This sounds like the opposite of planned to me. Wouldn't the easiest way to keep your options open be to just not give a strong opinion on how you'll play the PT?
Not posting in the pt with your town partner is pretty stupid as wolf. You can still keep your options open and post in your pt. Along with the fact if you just never gave a strong opinion on anything you won't make end game.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 754, Lady 1 wrote:Do you not like it when people wolf read you?
I don't like it when people scumread me for my playstyle and then refuse to keep an open mind about me.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 751, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 744, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 742, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 731, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 728, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady 1, serious question, what makes the game of mafia enjoyable the most to you?
Being able to have healthy conversation about reads and trying to figure things out together with other people. Why?
Your posting strikes me as something similar to how I play when I'm really happy about the role PM I drew, or the players in the game.

Given this is an anon alt game...
I am happy with the role pm I got true.
You are the exact kind of player I feel like I am able to sort best.

This bodes well, and I will use you as an anchor kthnx.
I don't know if I should be worried or if I should take this as a compliment
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 757, Lady 1 wrote:Along with the fact if you just never gave a strong opinion on anything you won't make end game.
There is a difference between not giving a strong opinion on one thing (which most players do not have a strong opinion on) and not giving a strong opinion on ANYTHING.

Also the wincon for scum is not to have all of their members reach endgame-- it's to have ONE of them reach endgame. Keep that in mind.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Lady 7 »

A pair I'd feel very comfortable about is G6.Seal and G3.Sherlock.

Both strike me as the towniest remaining players.
I think the push on G8.Ghost comes from town a lot more often then it comes from scum trying to do something "frisky". Especially in a setup like this you tend to leave lynches like that later, scum rarely try and set things up long term since that just isn't the natural approach.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 752, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 648, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 581, Lady 5 wrote:It sort of feels like L7, L8, G1, G4, G5, L6 are freezing out the rest of the game and just talking among each other

idk if that means that there is a cluster of scum in there, but it does make the game highly demotivating and uninteresting from the perspective of someone who is outside that, and also I'm somewhat doubtful that scum is entirely outside that grouping even though I don't have strong reads on anyone inside it
it's literally just because no one outside that group was posting for a long while

it's not a nefarious clique

I was trying to get a handle on you earlier, which I mentioned, but your posts continued to strike me as incredibly null
Okay, but I was around at the beginning when it started and it really felt like it didn’t matter if I was there or not which is part of why I left to do other things. I don’t think I really implied that it was a nefarious clique, but I kind of see how you could get that reading. But i guess i more meant that i see it as fairly likely that scum could be in there and trying to keep discussion focussed on the group to freeze out other slots. Although now I write that down it feels silly. I guess maybe it makes more sense that scum would not want to risk a townbloc forming early and would have a lot of incentive to be trying to infiltrate that?

I think it’s a shame that you didn’t engage with me more if you thought my posting was null. I feel like this is happening repeatedly, fairly or not, that people are saying things that make it really hard to go any further. “Your posts continued to strike me as incredibly null” — okay, so why not do anything to try and rectify that?
I like, have? I think we've just missed each other in threads a lot because I've directed posts at you but I don't think you've ever been around to answer them.

I understand why you were frustrated and I'm sorry for contributing to that at all

generally when I'm playing I focus on what's in front of me, especially for a game of this pace, and I had kind of thrown you in a "sort later" pile until I had either the capacity to go back and figure you out or could interact with you more
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 758, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 754, Lady 1 wrote:Do you not like it when people wolf read you?
I don't like it when people scumread me for my playstyle and then refuse to keep an open mind about me.
Hm, this is good to know. What's your take on the following people. If you've answered already feel free to direct me to them:
G1
G9
G4

L6
L8
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I’d like people to at least *think* about who I should pair with, by the way
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 760, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 757, Lady 1 wrote:Along with the fact if you just never gave a strong opinion on anything you won't make end game.
There is a difference between not giving a strong opinion on one thing (which most players do not have a strong opinion on) and not giving a strong opinion on ANYTHING.

Also the wincon for scum is not to have all of their members reach endgame-- it's to have ONE of them reach endgame. Keep that in mind.
You're not wrong, but that doesn't take away from my reasoning that I dislike how L7 feels like she's acting with all this level of paranoia. If people townread her so much do they townread G1 as well?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 747, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 739, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 734, Lady 1 wrote:I like L4s progression so far and would like to hear more about what people think about Lady 7 because I know I'm obviously wrong on one of her/G1 but they're who I want to vote pretty easily at the moment due to the fact I think they're both wolfy
A lot of people agree that at the very least G1 shouldn't be town read. Where does your Lady 7 scum read stem from? That's the more unpopular take at present
A lot of Lady 7s posting feels planned. At first she said she wasn't going to post in her PT and changed her mind and then made a big deal of 'oh I have paranoia on a lot of these players! Paranoia this and that!' It feels like a way to leave her options open. I also don't like her talking about how scum want to pair with Lady 8 as if to set up a mislynch down the line. There's more to the read but this is based off memory and not iso diving
Like, Lady
Peach
Rosalina, I also got sort of the opposite impression from her posts? The paranoia mentioned reminds me of this post: viewtopic.php?p=12020199#p12020199 which I thought seemed written on the spot and towny, regardless of how serious or not it was
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 761, Lady 7 wrote:A pair I'd feel very comfortable about is G6.Seal and G3.Sherlock.

Both strike me as the towniest remaining players.
I think the push on G8.Ghost comes from town a lot more often then it comes from scum trying to do something "frisky". Especially in a setup like this you tend to leave lynches like that later, scum rarely try and set things up long term since that just isn't the natural approach.
I know my G3.Sherlock read kind of depends on the fact he as scum would understand how to properly deal with large threats.
But I like to assume that most people especially in a Fake God game would be experienced enough to know that starting this push now is probably not completely ideal especially in such a strong manner.

L6.Seal is town just because I found their curiosity to be relatively townie and I just have enjoyed my engagements with them.
They are actually the more replaceable one in my "create a strong town/town pair" goal I am trying to create then G3.

Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 762, Lady 6 wrote:I like, have? I think we've just missed each other in threads a lot because I've directed posts at you but I don't think you've ever been around to answer them.

I understand why you were frustrated and I'm sorry for contributing to that at all

generally when I'm playing I focus on what's in front of me, especially for a game of this pace, and I had kind of thrown you in a "sort later" pile until I had either the capacity to go back and figure you out or could interact with you more
Okay, I’m sorry if I missed them, and it’s cool, like I said, I don’t think it was necessarily intentional on the part of anyone (unless there is scum in there in which case it’s still probably more s matter of infiltrating/disrupting rather than trying to create a sense of alienation)

Okay, so can we talk now? Who do you think I should be thinking about pairing with?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 764, Lady 5 wrote:I’d like people to at least *think* about who I should pair with, by the way
Who do you think you'd work best with?

I think a Lady 1/Gent 6 pair would work well if they like each other and Lady 1 doesn't want to be the princess. That would leave you available to be the princess but if that's not appealing to you I'd rather not see G2 dead right now
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 675, Gentleman 6 wrote:Much better. This tophat truly represents everything this game means to me.

Anyways, let's talk about how goddamn townie my prior owner's replace out was, shall we?
If not breaking the rules, why do you think it was so townie?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 675, Gentleman 6 wrote:Much better. This tophat truly represents everything this game means to me.

Anyways, let's talk about how goddamn townie my prior owner's replace out was, shall we?
If not breaking the rules, why do you think it was so townie?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Lady 7 »

You guys do know I can defend myself from Lady 1 myself right?

Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Lady 1 »

No you can't. You should fear me
Lady 6
Lady 6