Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 972, Gentleman 8 wrote: i guess i'm just that charming?
I mean, if it codes female to me, then let's go!
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 966, Lady 5 wrote:Why does the suicide mechanic tend to hurt more than it helps?
Because it gives townies the power to affect the game significantly at a whim. When people feel they're being ignored, they will sometimes use what power they have impulsively even when it's a bad idea.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 962, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 960, Gentleman 3 wrote:From what I know of the suicide mechanic in this game, it tends to hurt town far more than it helps it.
Have previously won this game by doing explicitly this.
Past results aren't always indicative of future performance. That being said, I don't feel incredibly strongly one way or the other, to be honest.
In post 963, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 960, Gentleman 3 wrote:Sure. What would you like to talk about?
If you’ve gone into depth or substantiated your SR there more fully could you link me to it/quote it? If not, could you run through it for me? My impression of the new G6 has been pretty consistently town and I don’t want him eliminated
Sure, let me clarify the nature of my read there: I currently think Gentleman 6 is the best choice to be left out not because of material that he
has
posted that I find scum-indicative, but because—compared to the other unpaired Gentleman in the game—I have the
least
amount of reason to townread him. (Some may take a lack of town-indicative material as itself something that is scum-indicative, but that's really more of a philosophical debate).

Lady 6 to townread Gentleman 2, and his proposal to have some Ladies voluntarily refuse pairings to have more flips (which would presumably include himself being left out) I see as a minor reason to townread him. Gentleman 7's brash attitude seems on the surface to be unconcerned with survival, which I consider to be town-indicative.

When it comes to Gentleman 6, I just don't see reason to townread him. He's been around, but so far I feel he hasn't given many thoughts which have struck me very much. There was his point about how he thought his predecessor's replacement was towny, but I don't feel as though anything came from that; if he came to conclusions based off of people's reactions there, I haven't seen them. He's been chatting a bit with people, but I haven't seen anything that strikes me as incredibly in-depth or only likely to come from town.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 972, Gentleman 8 wrote:hmmmmm. yeah, no traffic around. our transportation system is a series of catapults and large feather-stuffed mattresses. you get launched from one catapult station to the next if you need to travel long distance

disclaimer: by allowing yourself to be launched by a catapult, you accept that my kingdom is not liable for any harm caused by imperfect aim or faulty mattresses

roads are inefficient. once theyre built there's nothing to do except maintain them. the catapult system keeps many peasants employed long-term, from the launchers to the clean-up crew

you gotta think about this stuff when you're a prince

that and dancing apparently

honestly, i'm surprised anyone had enough interest in coming to a masquerade ball hosted at my palace, now that i think about it

i guess i'm just that charming?
Please dance with me

I know I’m meant to be the one who asks but I’m making an exception
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 704, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 700, Gentleman 4 wrote:This might be personal bias, but I don't think Lady 6(Seal) should accept Gentleman 7's offer at this point.
Hehe. Why haven't you proposed yet?
good question!
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

ok then...
Lady 2, may I have this dance?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I know L1.Cry actively wants my pair dead. But I actually think she is most likely town here, as someone who gets pushed in pretty much every game of mafia I ever play.
I just think that this push is a lot more likely to be confused town then it is to come from scum.

Their is a level of distance and dedication to it that I think is pretty townie.
It isn't like the sole thing she is focusing on but she is also hard tunneling me without reconsideration that I kind of "like" as much as you can like someone that wants you dead.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Is L1.cry being town even a hot take?
Because I know no one is offering them.

But I really do like them for town right now.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 981, Lady 7 wrote:I kind of "like" as much as you can like someone that wants you dead.
Welcome to me and G3.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 977, Gentleman 3 wrote:Sure, let me clarify the nature of my read there: I currently think Gentleman 6 is the best choice to be left out not because of material that he has posted that I find scum-indicative, but because—compared to the other unpaired Gentleman in the game—I have the least amount of reason to townread him. (Some may take a lack of town-indicative material as itself something that is scum-indicative, but that's really more of a philosophical debate).

Lady 6 had a minor reason to townread Gentleman 2, and his proposal to have some Ladies voluntarily refuse pairings to have more flips (which would presumably include himself being left out) I see as a minor reason to townread him. Gentleman 7's brash attitude seems on the surface to be unconcerned with survival, which I consider to be town-indicative.

When it comes to Gentleman 6, I just don't see reason to townread him. He's been around, but so far I feel he hasn't given many thoughts which have struck me very much. There was his point about how he thought his predecessor's replacement was towny, but I don't feel as though anything came from that; if he came to conclusions based off of people's reactions there, I haven't seen them. He's been chatting a bit with people, but I haven't seen anything that strikes me as incredibly in-depth or only likely to come from town.
Okay, so regarding the last bit, I thought him leaving that there as a thing to see if people would call him up on it was townie, and I don’t think he could do that immediately without ruining the entire thing. And since I asked him about it, I liked his explanation and I think he did ask a follow up to L8 as the other person who reacted.

I can try to go through his ISO and explain a bit more when I’ve thought he’s townie so far, but if I do that can you also talk about the other gents: like why not G1, G4, G5, G9?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 977, Gentleman 3 wrote:if he came to conclusions based off of people's reactions there, I haven't seen them. He's been chatting a bit with people, but I haven't seen anything that strikes me as incredibly in-depth or only likely to come from town.
You haven't seen them because I have yet to post them.

I am trying to avoid the thing where one spends a long time catching up, only to have missed a lot of "in the moment" play, where I think is where I get my best data these days.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 980, Gentleman 4 wrote:ok then...
Lady 2, may I have this dance?
oh... i guess the feelings you had for lady 6 were ephemeral

i hope she isn't too disappointed!
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

Don’t start ignoring me now G8 :(
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 983, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 981, Lady 7 wrote:I kind of "like" as much as you can like someone that wants you dead.
Welcome to me and G3.
I mean, based on enjoyment of interacting with someone I'd take you over Gentleman 2 or Gentleman 7 any day. It's just that this cruel game we're trapped in forces me to discard any sentiments I might hold and play to win.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

I think I don’t like L4 or G7 and I’d quite like them to pair
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Yes townread me more you fools. I cannot wait to win this game as a wolf.
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 892, Gentleman 2 wrote:Scum wants to pair up as soon as possible. Gent 5 or Gent 9 comes into mind.
Can you explain this more please? I think G8 made some very valid points about why scum are likely to have thought about how they’ll approach claiming and I don’t think that would necessarily mean going for early pairing
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 990, Lady 1 wrote:Yes townread me more you fools. I cannot wait to win this game as a wolf.
You’re not meant to claim your main
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i would consider asking you to dance if i were to make a proposal now, lady 5

i am in the process of reading (incredibly slowly) if it were not already obvious from the quotes i'm pulling up 10 pages back
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 992, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 990, Lady 1 wrote:Yes townread me more you fools. I cannot wait to win this game as a wolf.
You’re not meant to claim your main
I'm positive no one in this game knows my main so I can post however I want.
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I'll be honest I thought the same thing.
But apparently despite playing almost no games recently G3 picked up my typing gimmick which is pretty mean.

Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

Probably gonna take G4's offer because he's currently my top pick and nobody else seems interested in me anyway. But I'll still leave it a bit for anyone who wants to weigh in.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 984, Lady 5 wrote:Okay, so regarding the last bit, I thought him leaving that there as a thing to see if people would call him up on it was townie, and I don’t think he could do that immediately without ruining the entire thing. And since I asked him about it, I liked his explanation and I think he did ask a follow up to Ghost (L8) as the other person who reacted.

I can try to go through his ISO and explain a bit more when I’ve thought he’s townie so far, but if I do that can you also talk about the other gents: like why not Sans (G1), Tennis (G4), Dust (G5), Anime (G9)?
I'm going to be honest—I barely understand the pronouns you're using to refer to things in the first line of this. I
somewhat
understand what you're referring to, but not strongly.

I can't want any of G1, G5 or G9 left out because they're already paired up. That leaves G4, whom I think has has some pretty decent thoughts so far; , for instance.
In post 985, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 977, Gentleman 3 wrote:if he came to conclusions based off of people's reactions there, I haven't seen them. He's been chatting a bit with people, but I haven't seen anything that strikes me as incredibly in-depth or only likely to come from town.
You haven't seen them because I have yet to post them.

I am trying to avoid the thing where one spends a long time catching up, only to have missed a lot of "in the moment" play, where I think is where I get my best data these days.
That's fair, but you'd also have to recognize that it's fair for me to scumread you given this, no?
In post 989, Lady 5 wrote:I think I don’t like Salad (L4) or Ape (G7) and I’d quite like them to pair
Lady 4 is one of my strongest townreads. Honestly, I think I would've preferred if Gentleman 4 asked her; I'd like to see her survive.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 982, Lady 7 wrote:Is L1.cry being town even a hot take?
I don't think so.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 993, Gentleman 8 wrote:
i would consider asking you to dance if i were to make a proposal now, lady 5

i am in the process of reading (incredibly slowly) if it were not already obvious from the quotes i'm pulling up 10 pages back
(✿◠‿◠)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”