Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1098, Lady 3 wrote:I'm on page 3 but I expect to be caught up in the next 24h
What is post 1093 referring to?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 786, Lady 5 wrote:G4 is probably my pick of the non-confirmed gentlemen, but that depends quite a lot on how much the un-confirmed engage with me over the rest of phase and whether I think they’d make a good partner
I would approve of this pairing. You're both around the same tier for me, maybe you a bit higher than him.
In post 790, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 699, Lady 8 wrote:Agree, in a sense that it's pretty easy to fake. Was just "Who's paired?" -> "I ask this Lady cause I like her the most". Nothing wrong with getting straight to the point I guess if he wants but it is really not helpful for determining his alignment
Regarding the last bit, what do you think of it regarding G8’s idea that scum probably have a strategy of some sort in how they’d approach proposals or accepting proposals? Do you think the similarity to G9’s proposal/L3’s acceptance is significant at all?
I think it'd be naive of Gent 7 to think he could mirror that kind of proposal and have it go the same way. I get the feeling Gent 7 hasn't read a lot of the game.
In post 791, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 788, Gentleman 6 wrote:It wasn't in particular (I think it is a LITTLE but I'm sort of biased) but I really hoped people would engage me on it!

You're the second person to do so and the first person (Lady the 8th) has stated that she felt it "Decently townie". Which, while not a bad take, I'd love to hear HER reasons why!
I really feel like it was AI given the lack of meta on the slot

I could see a town slot who is new to the game feeling that way, absolutely, but given the secret alt aspect I also think it would be the sort of thing a player who dislikes scum might say to just nope out of the game immediately
I was very much getting the vibes he was just getting overwhelmed fr. I think that was genuine at the very least. I don't think it was a cop-out cause he disliked his alignment.

It could happen to either alignment, though, regardless. I probably over townread it, but that was what I thought at the time. I still prolly have him above rand for town
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

it's a meme from page 3
I felt my participation was critical but I found out after posting that lillith already participated so the Lady 3 account is already Blessed
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I am watching a bit of youtube before I got to bed.
I don't plan on reading back until the morning but my mafia addiction is keeping me up to date on posts so feel free to talk to me if you want.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1099, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1097, Gentleman 3 wrote:who I know you to be,
Interesting, we'll see if you're right in the post-game. I think there's a decent chance you're wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

I'm unsure if Lady 8 has an idea of who I am, or thinks she has an idea
There's a phrase you used early on that made me feel like I knew who you were. But I figured out I was wrong long before accepting your proposal

I guess we both haven't got a clue, then. I love it!!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1103, Lady 7 wrote:I am watching a bit of youtube before I got to bed.
I don't plan on reading back until the morning but my mafia addiction is keeping me up to date on posts so feel free to talk to me if you want.
wow narrowing your main down to people who use the website youtube do you even know how to play a secret alt game?!!!?!?!!?
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1105, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 1103, Lady 7 wrote:I am watching a bit of youtube before I got to bed.
wow narrowing your main down to people who use the website youtube do you even know how to play a secret alt game?!!!?!?!!?
I even outed I sleep, I fucked up big time.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1102, Lady 3 wrote:it's a meme from page 3
I felt my participation was critical but I found out after posting that lillith already participated so the Lady 3 account is already Blessed
Your participation is not
critical
; you're already paired up
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 804, Gentleman 6 wrote:My role this game is to sort my potential partner, then walk if needed. You know, or not make it to the actual dance and have my otherwise shitty reads come from confirmed dead town.
I feel somewhat inclined to townread this mindset. But it's a stupid WIFOMy thing (cause scum wouldn't leave the dance). Gah!
In post 818, Lady 1 wrote:[G9, G5,]
[G3 G6]
[G4 G7]
[G1, G2]

[L4 L5]
[L6 L8 L3]
[L2, L7]
Oh, this is nice and concise. I don't think G7 should be up a tier, but this is generally pretty good. I could see having G2 at the very bottom instead of G7, but I think I prefer G7 at the moment.

The ladies are way harder for me. I'm starting to foster a paranoia of L6 (boo, ik). I like L1 L5 L4 the most prolly too. I can see scum somewhere below them.
In post 819, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 709, Lady 6 wrote:Gentleman 7, you should ask someone else to dance, I don't plan on accepting your invitation
No thanks. I'd rather die than invite anyone else but you.
Oh my. This will be interesting
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1102, Lady 3 wrote:it's a meme from page 3
Oh.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Seal lady 6, did you not want to accept gorilla boy g7 invitation because you thought he was scummy and needs to leave this predance? Or did you not like the way he proposed to you flippantly
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1108, Lady 8 wrote:Oh, this is nice and concise. I don't think G7 should be up a tier, but this is generally pretty good. I could see having G2 at the very bottom instead of G7, but I think I prefer G7 at the moment.

The ladies are way harder for me. I'm starting to foster a paranoia of L6 (boo, ik). I like L1 L5 L4 the most prolly too. I can see scum somewhere below them.
I had thoughts similar to most of this

Differences are that I don't have G2 quite at the bottom, and L4 not quite at the top
Gentleman 9 wrote:Seal lady 6, did you not want to accept gorilla boy g7 invitation because you thought he was scummy and needs to leave this predance? Or did you not like the way he proposed to you flippantly
This is a good question
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Because you said you wouldn't get along with him well. While we are at it, Skyrim g5, why did you think that getting along with ghostly lady 8 was important? Again, is it purely for selfish reasons?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 838, Gentleman 7 wrote:it's impossible to tell anyone's alignment from the pre-dance. Everyone with strong opinions at the moment are either arrogant or lying. I don't plan on focusing on trying to make any sort of claim that I know anything until we can start voting. I thought that was obvious. Or apparently there are some oracles among us.
Part of the early game is puffing up your reads somewhat. Arrogant or lying is a big overstatement. If everyone took this attitude, there wouldn't be any early game at all!
In post 860, Gentleman 7 wrote:if Lady 6 turns out to be a demonic creature, you can count on me to act decisively. I will stake her myself without hesitation. But until then, I have chosen to join my fate to hers.
Well now I don't know how to feel about you really
In post 871, Gentleman 2 wrote:Gent 6 and Lady 5 should pair up and whoever is unpaired rn waits for deadline to hit and we all leave together.
I wasn't aware that is a thing that you can do.

Damn now all the Gents are threatening to sacrifice themselves. That's rough for my WIFOMy townread of people being heavily disposed towards leaving

I'm not even close to being caught up..;
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1112, Gentleman 9 wrote:Skyrim g5, why did you think that getting along with ghostly lady 8 was important? Again, is it purely for selfish reasons?
Did I ever say that?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 374, Gentleman 5 wrote:This is also my personal preference; the avatar interested me and then the posting seems like someone I could get along with
OK. I never said it was
important
, I said that it's a reason that I chose Ghosty 8
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 890, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 878, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 877, Gentleman 7 wrote:I rather troll lady 6
that's not very gentlemanly
I heard you didn't favor gentlemanly. I heard you are one for mystery and risk-taking.
Nice save.
In post 892, Gentleman 2 wrote:Scum wants to pair up as soon as possible. Gent 5 or Gent 9 comes into mind.
That's too surface level for my liking

I just realized the argument Cry lady 1 and Blue Lady 7 were having that I've been glossing over is that exact thing I pointed out a bit ago where they were approaching the scum mindset in opposite ways. Will I read it now? Maybe
In post 903, Gentleman 5 wrote:I think her posting looks better in places beyond that point. But yes there's room for suspicion, I don't regret my choice though
<3 !!
In post 907, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 721, Gentleman 9 wrote:I think it's productive to discuss which of the gentlemen we want to leave behind at this point. I liked Sherlock 3s entrance and I've been town reading teenisg4. Gorilla boy g7 is my least town gentleman read at the moment.
My take: Gentleman 7 has a good chance of being abrasive town, because the way they're acting isn't conductive to getting a dance partner and perhaps his team would be telling him to do otherwise
Don't think Gent 7 would be the type to listen to his team on this. But I could see abrasive town, sure
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 374, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 370, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 347, Gentleman 5 wrote:
I ask Lady 8 to the dance

My reasoning is as follows:

-Having a sample of Lady 8's postings, I believe I'll be able to get a good read on her alignment if we are in a pt together. So far I like them in a nai way but believe that it is possible for them to be mafia.
-To that extent, I disagree with post from Lady 7. I'm not townreading Lady 6 specifically right now. Lady 8 I feel hasn't revealed enough of her heart to be able to tell. I don't know how I feel about Lady 7 as a result of this.
-I intend to put in work this game.
I am trying to decide if he wants to pair up with the towniest person in the game because he thinks he needs "a bit more"
Or if he is trying to look town while snagging the towniest person in the game.

My initial reaction would be the latter but the rest of his posts are alright so I am unsure right now.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't townread lady 8 to a certain extent; I just think there is a capacity for her to be fooling us in there, moreso than what I feel coming from you, if that makes sense to you.

This is also my personal preference; the avatar interested me and then the posting seems like someone I could get along with
See end of the post
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I was replying to Lady 7, who was saying that scum would want to pair with Ghosty 8
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 406, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 405, Gentleman 9 wrote:if so then why are you proposing less than a day into the game rather than a bit more until your reads solidify?
Selfish reasons mostly, as the game goes on I'm less likely to be a part of a pairing I'll enjoy
Here's you saying it's for selfish reasons
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1110, Gentleman 9 wrote:Seal lady 6, did you not want to accept gorilla boy g7 invitation because you thought he was scummy and needs to leave this predance? Or did you not like the way he proposed to you flippantly
Primarily, it was the fact that he wasn't cooperating with me. I wasn't entirely opposed to the option at first, especially because I'd started to not feel as hot for Gent 4, and I tried to figure out what his plan or his thoughts were here and here. He only ever ended up answering in an extremely surface level way, and I was looking for some sign that he'd A. be a good partner to sort with in a PT, or B. had a pro-town mindset. I don't necessarily think he's scummy or that his flippant proposal was scummy, but I didn't really think it was a good move and from my questioning of him it also appeared to be a shallow move.
In post 838, Gentleman 7 wrote:it's impossible to tell anyone's alignment from the pre-dance. Everyone with strong opinions at the moment are either arrogant or lying. I don't plan on focusing on trying to make any sort of claim that I know anything until we can start voting. I thought that was obvious. Or apparently there are some oracles among us.
Then he said this which is just a mafia philosophy I vehemently disagree with, and that feels like we'll have very different methods of sorting / won't see eye to eye with each other on a lot of things. That's why I ultimately wrote him off.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

It's nothing wrong with it, I'm just trying to explore, is there any other reason town wants to pair up with a pair that they get along with other than for the pure sake of enjoyment. I can see scum doing it for a variety, namely pocketing, reasons, but I can't think of any for town
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

Gent 2 I don't really want to die and would like if he asked someone out instead of sacrificing himself for ??? some reason?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1119, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 406, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 405, Gentleman 9 wrote:if so then why are you proposing less than a day into the game rather than a bit more until your reads solidify?
Selfish reasons mostly, as the game goes on I'm less likely to be a part of a pairing I'll enjoy
Here's you saying it's for selfish reasons
No... I'm talking about something else there; you asked me why I was proposing so early. I never implied it was important to the game as a whole that I get into a pair I enjoy, it's important to me individually though
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 1120, Lady 6 wrote:be a good partner to sort with in a PT
I feel very conflicted here, because from my mindset after rereading Skyrim g5 posts, it is that you want to dance with a good partner to SORT rather than SORT WITH.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”