Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 1076, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1070, Gentleman 8 wrote:i honestly don't understand why anyone thinks lady 6 is town. tbh she's the most likely to be scum among the ladies, from what ive read
(◡﹏◡✿)

But why tho?
i mean, just is

some ladies attending this ball are a bit uncouth, but that's their approach and it looks like they have a vested interest in game solving - i am ok with these individuals so far

some ladies attend this ball are a bit more refined, but also aren't afraid to make waves - they are actively getting in the mix and giving opinions on things that are a bit more controversial

there's lady 3 who, uh... exists

and then we have lady 6... who seems almost afraid to call anyone scum and doesn't want to cause any sort of real commotion. could be a playstyle thing. could be that she genuinely doesn't have any real scum reads. i don't really think so. i think some of the opinions she's put forth were a little odd

take, for example, a post i brought up earlier: - i could break down why i don't like it in a bit of detail, but the main thing i don't believe here is that she agreed with lady 1's opinion on lady 3. you can probably work backwards from this to understand why i think interjecting this opinion at this point was odd
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

I guess I just don't feel very convinced that out of everyone, you particular, as town player would discount your neighbor directly to masonry
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1092, Gentleman 5 wrote:She feels manipulative to me, it's hard to describe.I think we are falling into a trap of only thinking the low effort player slots are scum
I don't know if you were implying that I was creating this trap narrative you mention here, but I have specifically spoken out against this. I've put forward we're probably more likely to scum read the less active slots, whether or not that's accurate. I'm also not confident any of the current low posters in G2/L3/G7 (maybe G1) are scum.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1124, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 1120, Lady 6 wrote:be a good partner to sort with in a PT
I feel very conflicted here, because from my mindset after rereading Skyrim g5 posts, it is that you want to dance with a good partner to SORT rather than SORT WITH.
mmmm the two are not mutually exclusive

Ideally, I want both.

G3 fulfills both and it's why I've been so excited to dance with him. I am not certain he is town but I quite like his posting and think his analysis so far has been *very good*, such that if he's scum I would like to get up close and personal in order to find out, and if he's town I will have a very lovely sorting partner.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

No I'm not saying you have a narrative

Your play makes sense but it's a way I'd expect scum to play

i.e. safe and slow and getting townread
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

yeah, that
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 920, Gentleman 2 wrote:Gent 4, gent 5 and gent 9. At least one of them should be a hit unless we have three furies ladies.
I like 5 a lot and 9 a bit. Your only justification for them was the aforementioned "Scum want to pair up ASAP" argument (as far as i see). I don't see where you're getting this.
In post 925, Gentleman 3 wrote:I don't like either one of Gentleman 9 or Lady 3. Neither are overtly all that scummy and I suspect that G9 proposed to L3 more out of recognition than game reasons, but I still don't like either. Sans is the weak point for me in his pairing. I think that earlier I said that I townread him, but I think over time I started to realize that that was more a function of him simply posting a lot and having decent commentary. I don't think he's done anything truly town-indicative. And finally my thoughts on Ghost (L8) I've talked about already. As I'm trying to make clear, these reads aren't strong by any means.

So as for if it's the people or the bond, in the G9-L3 case it is because of both of them, so I suppose the pair itself is fine as I have a similar read on the members. For the other two pairs, however, I would've preferred if L7 and G5 could've been paired with different people.
Suspecting someone in the G9/L3 pair is fair enough I suppose. I weakly townread it early. Your take on G1 Sans is perfect. I'm a little hurt by your read on me but I can handle it

Gent 5 is mine now I would not have this any other way, at all
In post 926, Gentleman 9 wrote:If you scum read both players in a pair then you should like the pairing
correct

I am incredibly sad about Gent 1 but I saw it in someone's quote earlier first. God damn it
In post 938, Lady 6 wrote:I plan on accepting Gent 3's invite
I might like Gent 3 more than Seal Lady 6 now. I think the pair is fine enough but recently I've been wondering if my Seal Lady 6 townread stemmed too much from her early townread on me.
In post 963, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 960, Gentleman 3 wrote:Sure. What would you like to talk about?
If you’ve gone into depth or substantiated your SR there more fully could you link me to it/quote it? If not, could you run through it for me? My impression of the new G6 has been pretty consistently town and I don’t want him eliminated
My experience towards Gent 6 is much closer to Lady 5's than it is to Gent 3's. I'm not hugely townreading him but I don't think Gent 6 should be the one to leave.
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Fuck I need to go back and reread G3. I'm not very good with wall reading carefully tho
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1126, Gentleman 9 wrote:I guess I just don't feel very convinced that out of everyone, you particular, as town player would discount your neighbor directly to masonry
I have the mistake of discounting my neighbor directly to masonry in a mafia game before and it bit me in the ass. I don't plan to make that mistake again.

However, I would like my neighbor to be someone I can at least somewhat trust to sort with me and try to solve the game with. I'm never going to absolutely trust my partner and they would definitely be a slot I reevaluate with scrutiny if the game drags on.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1129, Gentleman 5 wrote:No I'm not saying you have a narrative

Your play makes sense but it's a way I'd expect scum to play

i.e. safe and slow and getting townread
ah ok

yeah I can be somewhat of a safe player
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i'm also partially intrigued that she hasn't once suggested partnering with me

not sure if she's worried i'll leave if that happened (safe assumption) or just thinks other people are better? hard to say since i can't tell what criteria she's been using to think about partners
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1131, Lady 8 wrote:I might like Gent 3 more than Seal Lady 6 now. I think the pair is fine enough but recently I've been wondering if my Seal Lady 6 townread stemmed too much from her early townread on me.
do you have other reasons to town read me than me town reading you?

I feel like that should be your answer
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Prince G8, what's your thoughts on her suggestion (and which I echoed) of a pairing with Ms worldwide 5?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Looping back, I don't like that long post man G3 said he didn't like any of the pairings
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1135, Gentleman 8 wrote:i'm also partially intrigued that she hasn't once suggested partnering with me

not sure if she's worried i'll leave if that happened (safe assumption) or just thinks other people are better? hard to say since i can't tell what criteria she's been using to think about partners
I'm assuming this is about me

part of it is you haven't been around as much when I have I think, like this is the first time I actually have reason to interact with you

part of it is having a conf-town partner kind of takes part of the allure of the dance away

and then another part of it is very selfish in that I don't want to die early in the game

I would have partnered with you had most people or even you I suppose thought it best, but you never showed any interest in me and you didn't strike me as someone I was going to especially gel with
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1138, Gentleman 9 wrote:Looping back, I don't like that long post man G3 said he didn't like any of the pairings
Why not?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Well, I got a whole one hour of sleep, awesome. Insomnia strikes again.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

well also re:lady 6, she's just one of the few ladies who hasn't engaged with me at all (up until now) - has only talked about me in passing

not sure if that's due to ulterior motive or just lack of interest or if i'm just seeing something that ain't there or if i missed stuff

that aside, key point is i don't see that she's done anything town-looking yet
In post 1137, Gentleman 9 wrote:Prince G8, what's your thoughts on her suggestion (and which I echoed) of a pairing with Ms worldwide 5?
i already said i'd most likely ask her to dance, i think. i'm catching up in an odd way where i read current page then go back to wherever i left off (currently p34). i'll prob invite a lady to dance after i'm caught up. hopefully soon

though i don't want a partner who is just going to accept my invitation because i'm the prince

i want to be able to sing from the rooftops of my palace: she don't care that i'm an IC, and she don't care that i am stunning, and that's real good 'coz i'm probably gone N1, but if i'm not it won't mean nothing. she likes me for meeee, not because i post like i'm a paragon, with the charm of a certain aragorn oozing out my posts. and what she'll see are zero faults or indecisions, my near-perfect condition plus the shit-posting i do before i'm dead. she's the one for meeee, and i just can't live without her (due to the mechanic of this game), etc
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

It doesn't make sense based on the particular circumstance of G5 pairing with L8
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I am now afraid for Lady 5 pairing with G8 because I town read her pretty strongly and don't want her to die, but that might still be the best pair overall. I also wouldn't say no to Lady 1/G8.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1142, Gentleman 8 wrote:she's just one of the few ladies who hasn't engaged with me at all (up until now)
in general I also don't see the value in engaging with the IC unless they have specific questions about/for me
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 982, Lady 7 wrote:Is L1.cry being town even a hot take?
Because I know no one is offering them.

But I really do like them for town right now.
Not at all. I think Lady 1 has gotten to a point where she's towny enough that she isn't wanted to be with the IC. I agree with that heavily. She also seemed like she was very accepting of being with the IC, too, at least to me. All in all i have her as pretty good town

Lady 5 seems pretty pleased with the idea of being with Gent 8. I'm happy for her!
In post 1030, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1028, Gentleman 3 wrote:Do you not have access to a private thread with him?
My least favorite part of the setup is you only get the PT for the singular night phase.
Wait what?! I thought the PT is open for the whole game after this phase?
In post 1034, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1033, Lady 7 wrote:Wait you get the PT for the entire game now?
Well it’s not just for the single night phase, but you still have to wait until pre dance ends.
Oh thank god
In post 1050, Gentleman 3 wrote:One thing I have observed from previous secret alt games is that players still fall back on their common biases. Just as in any regular game, the people who are bad at expressing themselves, the people who are "weird": they tend to be the first to go. People who are well-spoken, funny, or otherwise likeable tend to stick around regardless of the rest of their behavior.

As I've said before, this is part of the reason why I think people may be townreading Gentleman 6, or opposed to his being left out. I personally think he's much better spoken and less abrasive than either Gentleman 2 or Gentleman 7, and I imagine that everyone else would agree.
I myself
have already told him that I enjoy interacting with him more than I do either of the other unpaired Gentleman and would prefer to keep him alive if I had reasons to do so.

It's really easy to convince yourself that someone who isn't great at speaking, who has truly unorthodox thought patterns, or who is otherwise just awkward is scum. It's why the same people get eliminated early game after game. It's very easy to understand what I'm saying, but I think it's a lot harder to truly internalize that we all have biases against getting rid of people we like interacting with and recognize how that might shape your opinions. I don't claim to be much better than anyone else at it, but I think that recognizing it is an important first step.
This is a very impressive post. I think that a bias towards awkward/hard to get posting is real. Not really so sure on that being the sole factor that separates Gent 6 from the others, though. I doubt that's the all of it.
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Ive come up with what might be an angle shooting scum motivation for L5worldwide town as your dance partner. I see her right now as sort of the wild card to scum, and pairing you with her could hedge the risk, in that if she is scummy, you will walk out of your own party, while if she is supertown, they can get a two for one nk.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1142, Gentleman 8 wrote:well also re:lady 6, she's just one of the few ladies who hasn't engaged with me at all (up until now) - has only talked about me in passing
Well... it's the same for me. Is there a reason every lady needs to talk about you? Do you think mafia do not want to pair with you?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1143, Gentleman 9 wrote:It doesn't make sense based on the particular circumstance of G5 pairing with L8
I'm not quite seeing the connection

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”