Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 980, Gentleman 4 wrote:ok then...
Lady 2, may I have this dance?
this in response to me saying "good question!" re: you not asking lady 6 to dance threw me through a loop. i need to come back to this when i'm not half asleep
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

It just seemed like a nice transition. You were giving me the opportunity/permission so I took it.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1274, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 1265, Lady 5 wrote:I’m just a planet, standing in front of a prince
this seems physically impossible. i don't mean to offend but planets have no legs or feet

at least not the ones i know of. maybe i need to broaden my horizons
I’m inhabited, so I’m floating just, juuuuust above the ground so all the tiny little legs of the people are touching the ground — and they’re kind of part of me, it’s like a weird homeostasis thing but basically it counts as me standing, don’t worry about it
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

do... do i ask for one of their hands if i ask you to dance?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I am worried it might damage them... maybe you could take me by one of the mountains or very tall structures that they built? They’re very fragile little beings, too squishy to be handled by others
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Slept (for real this time) on it.

Lady 1, let us dance among the hemlock and the roses
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:45 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

hmm
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

lady 5, would you do me the honour of dancing with me?

please note: strict requirement is learning the hare hare yukai dance if you don't already know the moves

we would need to show up all the other couples
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I will ship the above forever.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Lady 3 »

L1cry is townier than L5gaia and needs to be paired g8shadowpuppet. Like I get the logic of not wanting to put someone obvtown with the prince and feel like you lost lots of stuff to the nightkill, but like L2rosa pointed out if you put someone too scummy with the prince they can be left alive through intermission and need to be removed anyway.
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1282, Gentleman 8 wrote:
lady 5, would you do me the honour of dancing with me?

please note: strict requirement is learning the hare hare yukai dance if you don't already know the moves

we would need to show up all the other couples
yesssssss ヽ(^◇^*)/

Floats slightly closer that Gentleman 8 can take me by the mountain and tallest tower

I do not know the hare hare yukai dance but I am very willing to learn it for you
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1286, Lady 3 wrote:L1cry is townier than L5gaia and needs to be paired g8shadowpuppet. Like I get the logic of not wanting to put someone obvtown with the prince and feel like you lost lots of stuff to the nightkill, but like L2rosa pointed out if you put someone too scummy with the prince they can be left alive through intermission and need to be removed anyway.
Too late, he’s mine (∪ ◡ ∪)
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Lady 3 »

The IC rand was the best possible IC rand I'm so glad we didn't get an IC with a weaker meme game

sadness pedit
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Also, is the implication here that you think I’m scum L3?
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 1014, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 989, Lady 5 wrote:I think I don’t like L4 or G7 and I’d quite like them to pair
NO
Don't be such a beast, my lady, and accept my invitation to dance.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Eh, I think if I sat down and tried to order people scum to town you wouldn't fall on the green side of median
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Didn't think this game was going to be X-rated G8 publicly touching your tallest building with the same hands he was making wholesome shadowpuppets with, a little bit nauseated rn
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1292, Lady 3 wrote:Eh, I think if I sat down and tried to order people scum to town you wouldn't fall on the green side of median
Okay, can we talk about why?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think it's supoptimal to state a read on L5.Gaia at this point, I am going to sit down and catch up on the thread later.
But basically scum shouldn't know how we read them going into the night phase.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Lady 7 »

L3.Misty, I get your concern and why you feel the need to vocalize it.
But I think in general if scum know they can win the gambit and kill off a "strong" pair knowing they can't be punished for it isn't good for town.

If scum make the gambit not realizing L5.Gaia has enough support to end game then they just lose on the spot. Basically I want it to be a very scary decision for them.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1215, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 839, Lady 6 wrote:I like a Lady 5/Gent 8 pair more and more if they are both amenable to that

it's entirely up to gent 8 in the end though
In post 1144, Lady 6 wrote:I am now afraid for Lady 5 pairing with G8 because I town read her pretty strongly and don't want her to die, but that might still be the best pair overall. I also wouldn't say no to Lady 1/G8.
specifically which posts in this 300-post gap changed your read from whatever it was to i guess strongly reading her as town?
it was specifically her progression on me in these posts:

Spoiler:
In post 634, Lady 5 wrote:L6 is also null after checking iso
In post 768, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 762, Lady 6 wrote:I like, have? I think we've just missed each other in threads a lot because I've directed posts at you but I don't think you've ever been around to answer them.

I understand why you were frustrated and I'm sorry for contributing to that at all

generally when I'm playing I focus on what's in front of me, especially for a game of this pace, and I had kind of thrown you in a "sort later" pile until I had either the capacity to go back and figure you out or could interact with you more
Okay, I’m sorry if I missed them, and it’s cool, like I said, I don’t think it was necessarily intentional on the part of anyone (unless there is scum in there in which case it’s still probably more s matter of infiltrating/disrupting rather than trying to create a sense of alienation)

Okay, so can we talk now? Who do you think I should be thinking about pairing with?
In post 820, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 814, Gentleman 3 wrote:
I invite Lady 6 to dance

For some reason I can't shake the thought that the best partner for Gentleman 8 would be Lady 5, although I'm not sure I could really elaborate why.

Why is it that people seem to think that Lady 1 should be paired with him (if anyone actually thinks that)? Is our best metric for the partner of the IC someone who is townread, but not too townread? Because under those lines, I might actually put forward Lady 2 instead.

I'm also impartial to the plan that Gentleman 8 put forward himself of simply choosing an obscure townread that he feels he can hard defend. It's really up to him in the end regardless, unless we plan on leaving out our IC.
L6 can we talk a bit more before you accept this?
In post 943, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 939, Lady 6 wrote:but I'm holding off because Lady 5 wanted to talk with me more
Hi, I’m back! So yeah, I wanted to talk to you about it because you’re my top TR and therefore I’m quite invested in seeing you paired with someone else I’m townreading and while I think G3 is pretty fine, I’m bothered by their attempt to leave out G6 who I actually think is pretty towny
In post 1052, Lady 5 wrote:Okay, L6, I think my concerns are assuaged
In post 1056, Lady 5 wrote:It was a couple of things, but I really liked as I think my tone could very easily have been construed as aggressive and I don’t really think I was in a particularly good position in thread at the time, which I think you could have capitalised on if you were scum to push me or just brush me off

Instead I felt like you gave a very measured response and then helped in the ways I’d asked to bring me into the game. I’m aware that you might be scum who saw the opportunity for a pocket, but I generally try to bank that sort of paranoia for later. I also don’t think your initial response to me where the words “nefarious clique” were used is the way you’d start off if you were pocketing me

Then on top of that I liked the way you approached L1 and got a bit iffy about how you were trying to understand her read and not trying to defend L7
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 1286, Lady 3 wrote:L1cry is townier than L5gaia and needs to be paired g8shadowpuppet. Like I get the logic of not wanting to put someone obvtown with the prince and feel like you lost lots of stuff to the nightkill, but like L2rosa pointed out if you put someone too scummy with the prince they can be left alive through intermission and need to be removed anyway.
tbh if lady 5 is town and i am not killed, scum would be taking a pretty huge gamble in guessing how i think

but if they wanna take that gamble, go ahead

fwiw i didnt pick lady 5 out of consideration for how other people are reading her. though it's also not super important to talk about why since it's already a thing

lady 1 is also most likely town though

sleep time
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Lady 3 »

man I had some really good reasoning written up but a got peditted by L7.bluehair and she's pretty convincing

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”