Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1322, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1208, Lady 3 wrote:I actually think G4.tennis is considerably more likely to flip scum but it'd benefit the gamestate less to remove him from the game quickly.
What does this mean and can you explain the read?
I like to leave people alive if they are likely to play in a manner that might change my mind, or if they will catch scum before I mistakenly kill them.
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 1224, Lady 3 wrote:I don't understand why L4.salad is so widely townread
I think the way L4 interacted with me wrt her scumread on me was fairly towny, because she still maintained that the read existed even though she couldn't explain it. As scum she probably could have come up with anything more concrete, or else she could have just dropped the read when she realized she couldn't justify it.

In general doubling down when something is pointed out that makes you look bad is towny.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Lady 3 »

I probably started scumreading G4.tennis back when he opposed the townreads on lilith's early play and maybe everything after that has been confbias

plus the avatar is uggo
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1314, Lady 7 wrote:I could town case both of them relatively easy if I wanted to but right now they seem to be the best bet for flipping town/town. And if you asked me to gamble the game on a singular pair that would be my pick.
Could you do this? I think I’d like to see what my dance partner thinks about it
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1317, Lady 3 wrote:l5.gaia just wanted something different out of this game than most people.
apparently planet earth roleplay
I don’t think this is true or an accurate characterisation of my play overall?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 1252, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 1195, Lady 3 wrote:I'm noticing a lot of the game isn't townreading my slot as much as it deserves, but I think g9.bananas is kind of scummy, so it's not the shame it would otherwise be. It's a shame this pairing occurred at all, though.
This is scummy on so many levels.
It doesn't look scummy to me? It's pretty blunt which is towny if anything.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1327, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1224, Lady 3 wrote:I don't understand why L4.salad is so widely townread
I think the way L4 interacted with me wrt her scumread on me was fairly towny, because she still maintained that the read existed even though she couldn't explain it. As scum she probably could have come up with anything more concrete, or else she could have just dropped the read when she realized she couldn't justify it.

In general doubling down when something is pointed out that makes you look bad is towny.
idk you have a pretty slender iso I actually think it could be scum caught in a shitpush that was calling people scum at RNG and went "shit"

saying "oh actually i don't scumread you because I have no reasons" looks WAY worse
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Lady 5 »

L6 what do you think of L3?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Same question L7
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 1307, Lady 3 wrote:L7.blue hair makes both super town indicative and super scum indicative posts and it's stressful
I don't even think that super scum indicative posts exist this early. Asking to die and saying you won't reach endgame don't really seem like they couldn't come from town, and is pretty tinfoily.

If someone has super town indicative posts they are probably just town.

(Though out of curiosity, I don't have a strong read on L7, so what are the town indicative posts you're thinking of?)
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 1326, Lady 3 wrote:I like to leave people alive if they are likely to play in a manner that might change my mind, or if they will catch scum before I mistakenly kill them.
Makes sense.

If G4's posts are all null then why isn't your read on him null?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 1332, Lady 3 wrote:saying "oh actually i don't scumread you because I have no reasons" looks WAY worse
Eh I guess?

I suppose my usual method of "what would they think would look the best" doesn't really apply here because everything is gonna look bad if you get called out in a push and can't justify it. I guess probably the best thing would be to just make up something concrete, but it does depend on the player.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1329, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1314, Lady 7 wrote:I could town case both of them relatively easy if I wanted to but right now they seem to be the best bet for flipping town/town. And if you asked me to gamble the game on a singular pair that would be my pick.
Could you do this? I think I’d like to see what my dance partner thinks about it
L6.Seal it's a player that has content that is built up on whys not statements or analysis. I think that in general is a lot harder to fake then any amount of high density analysis is. It's just a genuine curiosity that comes out as they are playing that I really like. I think their is some level of disregard as well for whats right but what they want to do like they wanted to pair up with Tennis earlier in the game not because they thought they were town but because they thought he would be a fun sort. I find emotional like that to be incredibly difficult to fake. Not to mention they also had the push against L1 that doubled as a defense on me. While I don't think the defense on me was intended I think it's just another act of curiosity and trying to solve the game without a real regard for their actions that I think comes from town far more often then it comes from scum.

G3.Sherlock honestly isn't as good as G5 in my opinion but he is still good. He entered the game and basically went "what is going on why are people town reading L8.Ghost." and I found that his read is within the realm of believability that makes me like his alignment. While his curiosity for alt hunting I think is above his curiosity for the game itself I do still think the slot is reasonably townie throughout the other posts to make me not want to fall back on this read.

Not to mention that this slot was replaced and he had 2 chances to scum tell which he didn't do so far. The initial slot was probably null in all honesty but I thought the posts about "lock town energy" were pretty decent.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1334, Lady 5 wrote:Same question L7
2 players playing like town and I am not looking back.
The Lilith pair up was reckless, hurtful to herself long term in exchange for short term town. It was overall just an awful play to make as scum even if the short term town cred favored her. The new misty posts are also fine so I don't see why I should doubt this read.

Why do you ask this question in particular, I don't see why you would question the alignment of L3?
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Lady 6 »

I like L3 quite a bit. I've actually slowly been liking the L3/G9 pair more and more. Overall, I probably have more questions about G9's alignment but they are both decently in the green for me.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Lady 6 »

L2, who are your scum reads? If you have any
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Okay, thanks

I’m not sure how I feel about L3, and I’m gonna wait until I hear more from her before I decide. I don’t really like her take of “the game was more fun when you were running it” or her suggestion that I just wanna roleplay as planet earth or that that’s the main thing I want out of the game

I also don’t know how I feel about her trying to swing the prince off me and onto L1, as I’m not sure about relative perceptions of our (mine and L1s) towninesa, and was thinking we were perceived quite similarly. Given that, I think the attempt to try to get G8 to pair L1 and not me is... odd, I guess. I don’t think it’s necessarily a scummy take, and that’s why I wanted her to elaborate on what she wasn’t seeing in me. Now that I am paired though, I agree that’s maybe not a good idea
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 108, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 85, Lady 6 wrote:I'm scum reading G6 if that's more exciting for you
This is very exciting, now this game is starting to get going.
Not caring whether the read is correct and caring about game momentum matched how I felt and I think is a natural town take
In post 119, Lady 7 wrote:The "scum wouldn't pair up that easily" I guess literally applies to L3.Misty. But I don't even feel slightly good about G9 so I am not even sure why that matters?
This is a tad frustrating way to start of the game!
I could quote lots of things but the way L7.blue responds to suboptimal play in general seems like the way town would. A certain hamperedness by knowing that player being spoken to is possibly a teammate. Whereas sometimes it's an opening for scum to know they're on the right side of something and get a bit bolder about winning arguments and stuff.
In post 367, Lady 7 wrote:L8.Ghost is by a good margin the towniest Lady in the game.
This post didn't seem to benefit L7.bluescum, even if (especially if?) LeightGhost is scum. It just drew attention in a game where L7.blue was way over quota for participation
In post 429, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 422, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 415, Gentleman 1 wrote:I proposed to L7.Blue because she was the towniest and she feels like a partner I can solve with
blue lady 7 literally said that she's not gonna solve with anyone in the PT, sans
I'll be honest this was a lie after I thought about it.
As I'll likely already town read the person I am paired up with I won't have a reason to aggressively try and sort them.
Scum would do an equal nothing to sort a professed scumread they've been paired with or a professed townread they've been paired with and I think this is cognitively somewhat difficult to fake.

just skimming and grabbing stuffs
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1313, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1312, Lady 4 wrote:I'll be here later I'm really busy today
Gentleman 7 has proposed to you.
Ok I haven't caught up yet but I'm somewhat inclined to reject him
I know the other options aren't too much better
Urgh
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1336, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1326, Lady 3 wrote:I like to leave people alive if they are likely to play in a manner that might change my mind, or if they will catch scum before I mistakenly kill them.
Makes sense.

If G4's posts are all null then why isn't your read on him null?
You are paradoxically more likely to flip a player as scum if you feel very null about everything they do versus if you get both townpings and scumpings from them, even if the scumpings is slightly more.
This is from experiences in games but also more so hearing 1-2 strong players state this thesis based on their experience in games so I'm gonna go with it until I've disproven it from myself.
I don't know why it is that way
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1342, Lady 5 wrote:Okay, thanks

I’m not sure how I feel about L3, and I’m gonna wait until I hear more from her before I decide. I don’t really like her take of “the game was more fun when you were running it” or her suggestion that I just wanna roleplay as planet earth or that that’s the main thing I want out of the game

I also don’t know how I feel about her trying to swing the prince off me and onto L1, as I’m not sure about relative perceptions of our (mine and L1s) towninesa, and was thinking we were perceived quite similarly. Given that, I think the attempt to try to get G8 to pair L1 and not me is... odd, I guess. I don’t think it’s necessarily a scummy take, and that’s why I wanted her to elaborate on what she wasn’t seeing in me. Now that I am paired though, I agree that’s maybe not a good idea
I was being facetious. I think you're here to play mafia as much as I am, maybe more than I am if I remember any water pokemon that I like.
I think L7.blue accidentally played in a way that was not good for a very small subset of players and shouldn't feel bad about it. You can't make omelettes without breaking eggs or something
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1342, Lady 5 wrote:Okay, thanks

I don't have to comment on your alignment to say that L1 has a bunch of posts that seem really obvtown to me. FMPOV I'm going to expect he to continue townspewing in pre-dance because I'm interpreting it as an expression of her alignment (which she will be quick to tell you is wolf princess I guess)
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1346, Lady 3 wrote:I think L7.blue accidentally played in a way that was not good for a very small subset of players and shouldn't feel bad about it. You can't make omelettes without breaking eggs or something
Right, which is what I said to her when I started trying to play again, and told her it was more of a me thing probably than something I was blaming on any of the players I listed
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1347, Lady 3 wrote:L1 has a bunch of posts that seem really obvtown to me.
Okay, can you say which ones and why? Because I have L1 as town but not like, that strongly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”