Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 1416, Gentleman 7 wrote:Oh yeah, great, the three of us get to be the town's entertainment in pre-dance and then we get lynched immediately since everyone will have a polarized and matured opinion of us by the start of the dance. Terrific.
given your previous avatar, i feel it is only appropriate to say the following...

dance, monkey! dance!
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1425, Lady 7 wrote:G7's current thoughts don't feel consistent with his earlier play.
If the game was as simple as a single town town pair he wouldn't deem predance worthless as that would be the only phase that actually matters.

I want him dead.
I’m not really sure what’s inconsistent? Maybe he really does believe that he can’t form reads from pre dance and is looking to form them in the first dance.
I don’t like the attitude either, but it doesn’t seem like the angle scum would be taking. What scum would want to do now is to secure the pair with Lady 4, and what he’s doing now doesn’t seem to be taking him any closer. And he knows that(I think).
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1448, Lady 3 wrote:Can you name 2 other players who look scummy in the first two pages? Because I can't, but I could point at some townness, I think. So like that was my relative baseline
Not really, but I don’t think G1, G4, G6 or myself looked appreciably better (looking back now) and so the read is still a bit ?? considering that

I just don’t think L2 really looks scummy but to the extent she does I don’t see why L1 calls her out specifically as being lockscum or whatever

I don’t love L2 but I think I was somewhere in the middle, with the doubts coming later

Okay, I’m not too fussed about the avi thing
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1450, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 1416, Gentleman 7 wrote:Oh yeah, great, the three of us get to be the town's entertainment in pre-dance and then we get lynched immediately since everyone will have a polarized and matured opinion of us by the start of the dance. Terrific.
given your previous avatar, i feel it is only appropriate to say the following...

dance, monkey! dance!
I’ve never seen anybody do the things you do before, G7!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 1358, Lady 2 wrote:I feel like I've waited long enough for anyone who wanted to voice an objection.
i... i did?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Lady 5 »

G8 I’m having some trouble with the arm movements in the hare hare yukai dance and was wondering if you have any ideas how I can simulate them given my globular form
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

if youre having trouble with that, youre in for a rough time when you start learning geddan (also mandatory)
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I’m actually super duper fucking buzzed for this game now (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1456, Gentleman 8 wrote:if youre having trouble with that, youre in for a rough time when you start learning geddan (also mandatory)
One step at a time, right?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1451, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1425, Lady 7 wrote:G7's current thoughts don't feel consistent with his earlier play.
If the game was as simple as a single town town pair he wouldn't deem predance worthless as that would be the only phase that actually matters.

I want him dead.
I’m not really sure what’s inconsistent? Maybe he really does believe that he can’t form reads from pre dance and is looking to form them in the first dance.
I don’t like the attitude either, but it doesn’t seem like the angle scum would be taking. What scum would want to do now is to secure the pair with Lady 4, and what he’s doing now doesn’t seem to be taking him any closer. And he knows that(I think).
I don't see why he was hyping himself up to play the post dance phase.
Argue that we are all going to flip our reads.

Then at last come in and say that all his efforts would be in vane and L4,Salad would always get him killed without actually calling L4 scum. Not to mention L4 isn't being particularly scum read. So his reaction to being paired with L4 doesn't make sense to me if we ignore all other aspects of his posts.

I feel like the AtE could just be a way to give himself some extra cred from the whole "scum wouldn't be so open to die" stance. But it doesn't make sense he is so open to die really.

He could just be town that fucked up his approach to the game and it caught up to him, but I also see the scum motivation. I honestly just want to see both die but I don't see why anything G7.monkey has done is remotely town.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Lady 3 »

why spend so much time dunking on a slot that's not long for this world anyways
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Princely princeington, did you see L7’s post about why she thinks G3 and L6 are townie?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Lady 7 »

People keep talking to me about it and I have fun arguing with people about things. (¬_¬;)
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Lady 3 »

I am getting paranoid about it being a credfarming exercise so let's argue about something different, when you choose Squirtle rather than bulbasaur or charmander do you like to use tail whip during the first battle or do you like to use tackle during the first battle? There are no wrong answers aside from scratch or growl indicating you messed up
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

no i am still like 15 paged behind, just skimming recent stuff and skipping the longer stuff. on my way to work

@lady 5
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I’d always go tackle
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1464, Gentleman 8 wrote:no i am still like 15 paged behind, just skimming recent stuff and skipping the longer stuff. on my way to work

@lady 5
Okay, we can talk about it later then!
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I don’t see how it makes sense as credfarming either
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1465, Lady 5 wrote:I’d always go tackle
endgame pair
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i feel like lady 3 is biased towards water pokemon for some reason... hmm
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Lady 3 »

my paranoia is that g2 and g7 are way outside the PoE and shouldn't really matter that much and I'm suspicious of caring too much about the wallflowering because knowing their alignments are actually different is TMI but being right on it is something people might think makes them look good.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1451, Gentleman 4 wrote:

I want him dead.
Yeah and what's a good way to secure the pair? AtE and defeatism
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1469, Gentleman 8 wrote:i feel like lady 3 is biased towards water pokemon for some reason... hmm
My Starmie is a psychic type I am a total and complete generalist I'll have you know
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1468, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 1465, Lady 5 wrote:I’d always go tackle
endgame pair
Who knew, I was worried pocketing you would be so much harder
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1470, Lady 3 wrote:my paranoia is that g2 and g7 are way outside the PoE and shouldn't really matter that much and I'm suspicious of caring too much about the wallflowering because knowing their alignments are actually different is TMI but being right on it is something people might think makes them look good.
Okay idk if I’m being dumb or it’s just because I’m tired and sleepy rn but I don’t follow this at all, could you break it down for me?

Outside the PoE of what? Of scum? Because I don’t get that and I don’t think that’s what you’re saying

What’s wallflowering? And who is doing it/who’s caring about it (I assume L7 is the answer to the latter?)

And then the last sentence fragment I’m just totally lost

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”