Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Also, do you think there's a world in which G2 is just flippant scum and completely ignores both the contents of my slot, as well as skips entire pages talking about my replace-in as scum? I'm not gonna hubris it up or anything, but I kind of feel like nobody worth shit as a scum player does that, especially when there's a PT they can use to catch up on events.

There's probably speculation about who is who in there, general guidance to not do so in the game be damned.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Because that's precisely why I want G2 to get another quarter in the arcade machine as we move on.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

So what is your read on Gent 9, why do you have them as scum
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

That's at Lady 7
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1653, Gentleman 5 wrote:That's at Lady 7
All good, pretty sure everyone can undermean what you stood, it's not like my reads are particularly asked for or in high demand~
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

What are your reads?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1612, Gentleman 4 wrote:wow my pairing really being snubbed. I hope the plan isn't just to mutually decide on endgame pairs and just vote everyone else out.
That would be really boring but also might technically be a good strategy. Idk, I guess if there's a deepwolf pair we'd be completely screwed because the scum would just okay that one through to the end.
In post 1638, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1633, Lady 7 wrote:I am still pretty sure you are town!
Ghost girl kinda fell off the grid after getting a strong pairing which is exactly how i expect scum to react.

But I guess I'll see during dance 1.
You think so? I think Ghosty 8 has had pretty good posts.
!! <33
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I'm not ready to decide on endgame pairs at this point in time. I think we should play through the game normally
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i'm not asking people to decide, i just want to see where people's heads are currently at
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1652, Gentleman 5 wrote:So what is your read on Gent 9, why do you have them as scum
I have held the belief the entrance comes from scum since the start of the game.
They have done nothing to make me reconsider this throughout the entire course of this game.

I don't think them in particular chiming in on my pairing being scum is town in the way L1 holds that belief.
They don't seem scared of the way I am controlling the thread or anything, they just scum read my pair and aren't doing anything about it.
It's just weird really, I couldn't tell you why he feels that way which is a huge problem to me.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1647, Gentleman 8 wrote:i don't see kagerou

:thinking:
I am sorry it was a mistake on my part to use my own avatar and not yours for the apex of town =(
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1625, Gentleman 9 wrote:Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8
At the moment this is where I am, with gent 1/lady 7 in consideration depending on how gent 1 feels

But I'm not ready to advance to the end right now
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1659, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1652, Gentleman 5 wrote:So what is your read on Gent 9, why do you have them as scum
I have held the belief the entrance comes from scum since the start of the game.
They have done nothing to make me reconsider this throughout the entire course of this game.

I don't think them in particular chiming in on my pairing being scum is town in the way L1 holds that belief.
They don't seem scared of the way I am controlling the thread or anything, they just scum read my pair and aren't doing anything about it.
It's just weird really, I couldn't tell you why he feels that way which is a huge problem to me.
How do you think mafia treat my pair if Ghosty 8 is town?

Vs how Gent 9 treated my pair

and vs his revised opinion on me (which may have something to do with how I was treating his pair?)
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

My main takeaway recently is that Lady 7 is town and I trust her to evaluate Sans' successor. Her reaction to being put at the bottom of Gent 9's list was quite good

Lady 3 still town.. my decision on the pair pends on Gent 9 who I lean town more than scum but definitely need better reasoning

I have complete faith in my partner from how my reads are consistently very close to his. How he knew we'd vibe together so well within his first three posts, I do not know, but I am certainly not complaining
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

btw, i havent read any of the theory crap regarding this setup, but first dance phase should basically be a pseudovoting a couple, asking one of them to voluntarily leave when it reaches pesudovote threshold (9 players at the beginning), then continuing with real voting after that (assuming this can be done in a timely manner)
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

i can buy the cars and the clothes and work it until I have a beach body but no matter what happens in my life I will never have that fairy tale g5l8 romance ever
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1655, Gentleman 5 wrote:What are your reads?
At this point, I am trying to sort by pairs, and not solos. I'm working on a formalized reads list and then intend to denote which half of a pair I like better/worse... even though mechanically at this point it doesn't matter!

Since my last townreads list:
In post 1042, Gentleman 6 wrote:Guy 3 is town. (I suspect I both know who he is, and don't know who is is at the same time and it vexes me)
Guy 2 is town. (Is nobody going to address that he's playing so carefree he didn't even notice I'm not the player who was having issues, even though I explicitly made it a part of my opening moves)
Lady 5 is town. (Do I really need to explain this one?)

I have decided to add Lady 1 (tenative on PT sort), Lady 7 (Mostly for her early scumread of my slot's replaceout in post 336, amusingly enough), and Gentleman 1.

Most of those are from re-reading the part of the game that happened before I replaced in.

That gives me a town block that looks something like this (Assuming we see G2-L4):

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 1
-
Lady 7

Gentleman 8
-
Lady 5

Gentleman 3
-
Lady 3

Gentleman 6
-
Lady 1

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2

Gentleman 2
-
Lady 4

Essentially, I don't think that "proper" scumhunting is all that productive right now. I'd rather just find three town-town pairs and mass-hemlock the rest. (And I am mostly including myself in the hemlocking, not the three)
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1664, Gentleman 8 wrote:btw, i havent read any of the theory crap regarding this setup, but first dance phase should basically be a pseudovoting a couple, asking one of them to voluntarily leave when it reaches pesudovote threshold (9 players at the beginning), then continuing with real voting after that (assuming this can be done in a timely manner)
Could you explain what you view as an advantage over real voting?
Fear of lolhammerers? Then like, no one vote past E2 and demand a leave with 2 intents. Gotta get some labor out of that FakeGod feller
In post 1666, Gentleman 6 wrote:Gentleman 3 - Lady 3
@FakeGod
I'm pretty sure if I remember right you designated Gentleman 6 as a comod? please correct the pairings so that this is the way things are thanks so much
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

This is what I get for copy-pasting the pairings from his OP, eh?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1666, Gentleman 6 wrote:
At this point, I am trying to sort by pairs, and not solos. I'm working on a formalized reads list and then intend to denote which half of a pair I like better/worse... even though mechanically at this point it doesn't matter!

In post 1042, Gentleman 6 wrote:Guy 3 is town. (I suspect I both know who he is, and don't know who is is at the same time and it vexes me)
Guy 2 is town. (Is nobody going to address that he's playing so carefree he didn't even notice I'm not the player who was having issues, even though I explicitly made it a part of my opening moves)

I have decided to add Lady 1 (tenative on PT sort), Lady 7 (Mostly for her early scumread of my slot's replaceout in post 336, amusingly enough), and Gentleman 1.

Most of those are from re-reading the part of the game that happened before I replaced in.

That gives me a town block that looks something like this (Assuming we see G2-L4):

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 1
-
Lady 7

Gentleman 8
-
Lady 5

Gentleman 3
-
Lady 3

Gentleman 6
-
Lady 1

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2

Gentleman 2
-
Lady 4

Essentially, I don't think that "proper" scumhunting is all that productive right now. I'd rather just find three town-town pairs and mass-hemlock the rest. (And I am mostly including myself in the hemlocking, not the three)
OK. I'm scratching my head at you being unable to townread either of me or Ghosty 8, or Gent 9 and Lady 3
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1664, Gentleman 8 wrote:timely manner
And here, society breaks down.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

What made you add Gentleman 1?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

well in that case, gentleman 9 can dance with lady 5 and i, i suppose

need 3 for a proper hare hare yukai anyway
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I townread you but not L8.haunter, how does that make you feel boromir
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1669, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1666, Gentleman 6 wrote:

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 1
-
Lady 7

Gentleman 8
-
Lady 5

Gentleman 3
-
Lady 3

Gentleman 6
-
Lady 1

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2

Gentleman 2
-
Lady 4

OK. I'm scratching my head at you being unable to townread either of me or Ghosty 8, or Gent 9 and Lady 3
We approach the game very differently. I am unable to really see things from the POV as you're seeing them, but that's okay!

Lady 3 I have a specific concern I am choosing not to elaborate on right now.

Gent 9 I guess just, on my re-read, didn't really leave a impression on me that made it a town-lean.

I expect these reads to fluctuate as time goes on.

I don't expect to be around for the final few pairings.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”