Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1671, Gentleman 5 wrote:What made you add Gentleman 1?
As I stated, I replace din after the "townslip" and doing the... meta... now that we know who gentleman 1 was at that point in time, I feel it's a legit townslip... which is good enough for now.

What is it that one of the oldtimers... DGB maybe.. says?

Town enters the thread ready to play.

Scum enters the thread having already discussed how to win.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1673, Lady 3 wrote:I townread you but not L8.haunter, how does that make you feel boromir
I think that is fair. At this point in time I townread Ghosty 8, I'll continue to evaluate as we get flips. I want to work through a better read on your gent partner, 9
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

This game is challenging, there are a lot of people who feel like town
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

This playerlist is fun I'm kidnapping all of you after the game
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I have GREAT BALLS!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1662, Gentleman 5 wrote:How do you think mafia treat my pair if Ghosty 8 is town?

Vs how Gent 9 treated my pair

and vs his revised opinion on me (which may have something to do with how I was treating his pair?)
Can I have a hint? I am not really sure how to answer this.

Maybe I am having trouble because I don't have a flip to work with. I think in general as scum trying to distance you want to target the town player. It acts as you pushing on your buddy but since you are pushing on an uninformed individual it doubles as natural interactions. Although this sequence is incredibly predictable so I am not sure how it would work in practice.

This game is nightless so scum pushing or choosing to not push is very up in the air and depends entirely on the individual player.
In post 1663, Lady 8 wrote:My main takeaway recently is that Lady 7 is town and I trust her to evaluate Sans' successor. Her reaction to being put at the bottom of Gent 9's list was quite good
I will do what I can to not let you down.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I wanted to be even more threatening than that... but they don't sell ultra balls in cerulean city... it's just too rural you know..
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1677, Gentleman 5 wrote:This game is challenging, there are a lot of people who feel like town
Eventually we have to bite the bullet and say who can be faking what they are doing.
Unfortunately that's the only way to win these kind of games even if it hurts to be wrong when someone is playing reasonably townie.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1682, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1677, Gentleman 5 wrote:This game is challenging, there are a lot of people who feel like town
Eventually we have to bite the bullet and say who can be faking what they are doing.
Unfortunately that's the only way to win these kind of games even if it hurts to be wrong when someone is playing reasonably townie.
I found the faker
In post 235, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 233, Lady 7 wrote:How do we determine who is and isn't a strong player in a game full of secret alts?
i am faker irl
ba dum tish
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I am suspicious of the way Gent 9's read on me developed

I'm not sure how strongly they believed in their push in the first place
In post 1680, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1662, Gentleman 5 wrote:How do you think mafia treat my pair if Ghosty 8 is town?

Vs how Gent 9 treated my pair

and vs his revised opinion on me (which may have something to do with how I was treating his pair?)
Can I have a hint? I am not really sure how to answer this.

Maybe I am having trouble because I don't have a flip to work with. I think in general as scum trying to distance you want to target the town player. It acts as you pushing on your buddy but since you are pushing on an uninformed individual it doubles as natural interactions. Although this sequence is incredibly predictable so I am not sure how it would work in practice.

This game is nightless so scum pushing or choosing to not push is very up in the air and depends entirely on the individual player.
Gent 9 and Gent 2 were both pushing on me, and I don't remember anyone else doing so. A few people have been neutral but not a real push on me.

Up until recently, there hasn't been much talk of Ghosty 8 either.

When I'm looking at people I suspect to be mafia, I see them as thinking both me and Ghosty 8 are town
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1683, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 1682, Lady 7 wrote:
I found the faker
In post 235, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 233, Lady 7 wrote:How do we determine who is and isn't a strong player in a game full of secret alts?
i am faker irl
ba dum tish
Why do you think it is Lady 7?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

you misread my post
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1678, Lady 3 wrote:This playerlist is fun I'm kidnapping all of you after the game
The great thing about anon player lists... for all we know we are mortal enemies and would NEVER play with "THAT" person, but here we are having a blast mostly drama-free.

The downside is with all these replacements, I don't dare ask anyone I know that might be interested to replace in... for what should be obvious reasons.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Even so, haven't you been expressing that you've thought it was Lady 7 for a while now?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1642, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 1639, Gentleman 5 wrote:I don't think the "he wrote his posts before entering the game" theory is a real good one
i don't think he wrote his posts before replacing in, i think he was following along closely enough that he had genuine reads prior to replacing in (and he just happened to write about them, regardless of his alignment)

he said he was following it. he claims he wasn't forming reads though, he was just trying to identify people. i don't entirely believe that, but it's why i don't care about his replace in so much as how he's going to form reads down the line
A few thoughts on this. The first: this accusation could be made about any replacement, even ones who claim that they weren't following along. Do you have any specific reason to believe that it is the case when it comes to me? If not, do you hold the same reservations about the other replacements?

Second: I think we would both agree that it's not reads
themselves
that people are read off of. How one forms reads, how one justifies them, and in general how one talks
about
their reads generally, I would say, make up the content by which someone is judged. With that in mind, if you agree that the idea that I wrote posts before replacing in is absurd, wouldn't you agree that the concern that I had reads before I replaced in is superseded by the things I've written
surrounding
those reads afterwards? And of course, that's not to mention the more real-time interactions I've had with people.

I don't know. I'm reminded in some sense of a concern that I believe Lady 3 brought up, that people who "appear competent" might secretly have great scum ranges. I've experienced that exact paranoia myself before in a previous game, and I had to overcome it before I could move forward and town would eventually win. I don't think the concern is
unfounded
, although I would say that in the current site-meta it's on the less probable side. To my knowledge, at least, there are few players currently playing known for their outstanding scum games. I won't bother to comment on what I think of my own ability as scum; if someone doesn't trust me, they wouldn't believe me anyways.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Hi Mr. tsundere.

Let me know when your dere-dere side is ready to try and understand my POV.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Unfortunately I am just assuming the worst in regards to most people in this game and what they would be capable of doing as scum.
Although that should be the way mafia is played to be fair.

Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i'm not saying it is the case, i'm saying it's why i'm not very interested in your replace in thoughts because if you are scum you probably did form your reads prior to replacing in

the same could be said about other people replacing in, i suppose. depends entirely on one's playstyle though. someone who's more detailed is more likely to do that - wouldn't work the same for someone who just writes one liners about people because they aren't really going into detail in the first place

tbh i missed a gap between like p42 and p57 or whatever so if you have been interacting with people i ain't seen it yet
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Food for thought: How much are you willing to trust someone else's read on their own partner?
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1690, Gentleman 6 wrote:Hi Mr. tsundere.

To my knowledge, I haven't been ignoring you. I've never agreed with the philosophy I've occasionally seen where people ignore their scumreads. Apologies if I've missed something you said.

I'm unsure if this is what you're implying, but I feel as though I should say that thinking that someone is the likeliest candidate for scum and not trying to understand their point of view are not the same thing. They're almost opposites, actually.

What exactly would you like me to hear?
In post 1691, Lady 7 wrote:Unfortunately I am just assuming the worst in regards to most people in this game and what they would be capable of doing as scum.
Although that should be the way mafia is played to be fair.
I can't say I agree, but it's probably not a super relevant discussion to have.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

sorry, not that you haven't interacted with people, but if you've formed reads from interacting with people, i ain't seen it yet. all the reads you'd given up to the point i'd read were basically stuff i expect you likely would have thought prior to replacing in if you are scum so *shrug*

it's why i say i'm disregarding it and i wanna see how your reads evolve going forward
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1688, Gentleman 5 wrote:Even so, haven't you been expressing that you've thought it was Lady 7 for a while now?
That's my heartsong not my headsong and that's just for my pick among the players who are maybe fooling
me
not the whole game, the kind of player I think is doing the "right" things to fool the game at large is g4.tennis but he isn't even way popular anymore which hopefully means I was right.
I usually want to trust my headsong. It stuck with me a bunch when l2rosa said that if I townread a bunch of things from a player they're probably town and that's a characteristic of L7. Like, in reality, you actually don't usually hard townread a large number of things from highly proficient scum players. They just somehow convince you you want to be doing something else with your life besides vote them.

But it's all moot because G1.sans is scummier than rand imo. Weird setup is weird.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1693, Lady 1 wrote:Food for thought: How much are you willing to trust someone else's read on their own partner?
Depends on how good I think their analysis is same as any read.

To give you the answer you are looking for I think people are more likely to town read their partner due to the consequences associated with accidentally bombing a town partner. Although other players are more likely to misread a pair as they have 2 slots to tin foil over just 1 so it sort of makes sense it works out that way.

Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1694, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1690, Gentleman 6 wrote:Hi Mr. tsundere.

To my knowledge, I haven't been ignoring you. I've never agreed with the philosophy I've occasionally seen where people ignore their scumreads. Apologies if I've missed something you said.

I'm unsure if this is what you're implying, but I feel as though I should say that thinking that someone is the likeliest candidate for scum and not trying to understand their point of view are not the same thing. They're almost opposites, actually.

What exactly would you like me to hear?

I seem to have mistaken you for a player who likes to townblock and sync up, my request is retracted. I was hoping to have you convince me of my own townreads (minus the one on your slot for what I hope is an obvious reason) and see if we couldn't get you a better feel for my play in the process.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1697, Lady 7 wrote:To give you the answer you are looking for I think people are more likely to town read their partner due to the consequences associated with accidentally bombing a town partner.
And I feel like I myself feel the opposite!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”