Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

I had a follow up question but the more I think about it I can really see the answer only helping wolves besides saying my own curiosity
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

is true, town-indicative, and depressing and I would like to Disable it
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1699, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1697, Lady 7 wrote:To give you the answer you are looking for I think people are more likely to town read their partner due to the consequences associated with accidentally bombing a town partner.
And I feel like I myself feel the opposite!
I'll make you love me you'll see.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1698, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1694, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1690, Gentleman 6 wrote:Hi Mr. tsundere.

Let me know when your dere-dere side is ready to try and understand my POV.
To my knowledge, I haven't been ignoring you. I've never agreed with the philosophy I've occasionally seen where people ignore their scumreads. Apologies if I've missed something you said.

I'm unsure if this is what you're implying, but I feel as though I should say that thinking that someone is the likeliest candidate for scum and not trying to understand their point of view are not the same thing. They're almost opposites, actually.

What exactly would you like me to hear?

I seem to have mistaken you for a player who likes to townblock and sync up, my request is retracted. I was hoping to have you convince me of my own townreads (minus the one on your slot for what I hope is an obvious reason) and see if we couldn't get you a better feel for my play in the process.
Further, how do YOU think this setup is best played mechanically given the pairings we are stuck with?

Traditional vote-out players/pairs?

Mass hemlock down to three universally read T-T pairs?

Something else?

Geopolitical warfare?
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1701, Lady 3 wrote: is true, town-indicative, and depressing and I would like to Disable it
Nothing in 1689 is town indicative and It makes me feel even more confident in the way people are reading gent 3. It's worrisome.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

G6, can you elaborate on your G1 town read?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1675, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1671, Gentleman 5 wrote:What made you add Gentleman 1?
As I stated, I replace din after the "townslip" and doing the... meta... now that we know who gentleman 1 was at that point in time, I feel it's a legit townslip... which is good enough for now.

What is it that one of the oldtimers... DGB maybe.. says?

Town enters the thread ready to play.

Scum enters the thread having already discussed how to win.
I did already here. It's not much more than that as of yet.

I think it's good enough for now, for me.

YMMV
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1692, Gentleman 8 wrote:i'm not saying it is the case, i'm saying it's why i'm not very interested in your replace in thoughts because if you are scum you probably did form your reads prior to replacing in
I feel as though you've got something backwards here. You're not interested in my thoughts because
if I'm scum
they're prefabricated; very well, but if I'm scum then all of my thoughts are fabricated regardless. If I am town, they are quite real. So as I was trying to get at earlier, what is the specific reason to believe the scum case over the town case?

Moreover, I feel as though you ignored my second point there. Even if one granted I was scum and that my reads were set before I replaced in, the things that I wrote about them were
not
set before I replaced in, and it is the things written about reads that are relevant to one's alignment
far more
than the reads themselves. With that in mind, would you not agree that
even if
one granted that my reads were prefabricated, that the posts I made would still be just as alignment-indicative?
In post 1698, Gentleman 6 wrote:I seem to have mistaken you for a player who likes to townblock and sync up, my request is retracted. I was hoping to have you convince me of my own townreads (minus the one on your slot for what I hope is an obvious reason) and see if we couldn't get you a better feel for my play in the process.
I'm not sure if I should feel insulted here or not, but I get the vague feeling that I am being insulted.

I'm not really sure what to tell you. I'm perfectly willing to hear anything you have to say out, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with it. I have no animus against you nor reason to want to scumread you; quite the opposite, really, as I've already told you.

I'm finding it hard to match up your reaction here with what I've actually been saying to you.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1704, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1701, Lady 3 wrote: is true, town-indicative, and depressing and I would like to Disable it
Nothing in 1689 is town indicative and It makes me feel even more confident in the way people are reading gent 3. It's worrisome.
It's one of his least town-indicative posts, and the intent of my post was rather clearly not focused on the post's alignment spew.
This is kind of a chapter in my rising concern that the reason all your reads are anti consensus is because the consensus reads are just your loss condition based on the PT link you got
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1707, Gentleman 3 wrote:I'm not sure if I should feel insulted here or not, but I get the vague feeling that I am being insulted.
You aren't.

I had a feeling you were a particular playstyle, but you aren't and that's okay.

That play style died when the 2012/2013 cohort mostly left the site. I had hoped you were one of the few remainders.

Not really sure this meta-playstyle talk is achieving anything, so I'll drop it.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1709, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1707, Gentleman 3 wrote:I'm not sure if I should feel insulted here or not, but I get the vague feeling that I am being insulted.
You aren't.

I had a feeling you were a particular playstyle, but you aren't and that's okay.

That play style died when the 2012/2013 cohort mostly left the site. I had hoped you were one of the few remainders.

Not really sure this meta-playstyle talk is achieving anything, so I'll drop it.
I'm just kind of frustrated because I had a "After all these years?" glimmer of hope and it was dashed on the rocks.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1693, Lady 1 wrote:Food for thought: How much are you willing to trust someone else's read on their own partner?
That is something I am considering. At the same time, I trust my own read on my partner, which is hypocritical.
In post 1696, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 1688, Gentleman 5 wrote:Even so, haven't you been expressing that you've thought it was Lady 7 for a while now?
That's my heartsong not my headsong and that's just for my pick among the players who are maybe fooling
me
not the whole game, the kind of player I think is doing the "right" things to fool the game at large is g4.tennis but he isn't even way popular anymore which hopefully means I was right.
I usually want to trust my headsong. It stuck with me a bunch when l2rosa said that if I townread a bunch of things from a player they're probably town and that's a characteristic of L7. Like, in reality, you actually don't usually hard townread a large number of things from highly proficient scum players. They just somehow convince you you want to be doing something else with your life besides vote them.

But it's all moot because G1.sans is scummier than rand imo. Weird setup is weird.
I took a look at Gent 4, I can't get myself worked up into a scumread there
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1707, Gentleman 3 wrote:I feel as though you've got something backwards here. You're not interested in my thoughts because if I'm scum they're prefabricated; very well, but if I'm scum then all of my thoughts are fabricated regardless. If I am town, they are quite real. So as I was trying to get at earlier, what is the specific reason to believe the scum case over the town case?

Moreover, I feel as though you ignored my second point there. Even if one granted I was scum and that my reads were set before I replaced in, the things that I wrote about them were not set before I replaced in, and it is the things written about reads that are relevant to one's alignment far more than the reads themselves. With that in mind, would you not agree that even if one granted that my reads were prefabricated, that the posts I made would still be just as alignment-indicative?
Hi, Lady 1 here what's up? You don't mind if I just step in for a second do ya? I think you're the one missing a key factor here, maybe both of you. Let's assume you had thoughts before replacing in. Now, I don't agree that this is a good line to go down but since we're going down it already let's entertain the thought. The key point is, if you had thoughts before replacing in regardless of what role pm you got they're going to come from a townie outlook because you don't make reads specing as scum you make them as town.

So in theory, no you couldn't really gather much off those posts. I think this is a really bad angle to go down, and I probably wouldn't have said anything if you weren't trying to put focus on the statement itself.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Our marriage is going to be incredibly dysfunctional and kinky, Lady the 1st.

...Kinda hot.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1708, Lady 3 wrote:
It's one of his least town-indicative posts, and the intent of my post was rather clearly not focused on the post's alignment spew.
This is kind of a chapter in my rising concern that the reason all your reads are anti consensus is because the consensus reads are just your loss condition based on the PT link you got
You wanna tell me what part of my reads are anti consensus cause this is the first time I'm hearing about it. I think the only read I have that you can call anti consensus at the moment is I think Lady 7 could be a wolf. If you wanna say I'm a wolf just making outlandish reads for the heck of it that seems kinda silly.

But then again I am amazing so I understand your worry
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

You aren't.

Hopefully, we can connect up in dance phase 1 if you'd like, I've been sitting in the thread in hopes of finding someone I can bounce ideas off of as that's my prefered style of play.
Unfortunately, I just don't town read you very much which is a shame since you apparently would want to be that player for me :/
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

it is easy to get town read replacing into a scum slot if you simply read the entire game beforehand

I think there are some reasons to town read G3 completely detached from the opinions he had coming into the game, but regardless his alignment will become more clear after this phase is over
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1713, Gentleman 6 wrote:Our marriage is going to be incredibly dysfunctional and kinky, Lady the 1st.

...Kinda hot.
If I was choosing a dance partner based on reads alone I'd probably have asked you stay out.

Good thing I would've hated partnering with someone who had the same reads with me.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1715, Lady 7 wrote:
You aren't.

Hopefully, we can connect up in dance phase 1 if you'd like, I've been sitting in the thread in hopes of finding someone I can bounce ideas off of as that's my prefered style of play.
Unfortunately, I just don't town read you very much which is a shame since you apparently would want to be that player for me :/
Sometimes bouncing your reads and getting reactions to unseen event sin real time is a good way to firm up a read on players. I'm no exception.

It is KILLING me inside to not be able to cite specific past examples of this working.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1717, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1713, Gentleman 6 wrote:Our marriage is going to be incredibly dysfunctional and kinky, Lady the 1st.

...Kinda hot.
If I was choosing a dance partner based on reads alone I'd probably have asked you stay out.

Good thing I would've hated partnering with someone who had the same reads with me.
If only we had our own private club to hash it out and fight and hone reads. That'd be pretty swell, lass.

Can't wait.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1714, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1708, Lady 3 wrote:
You wanna tell me what part of my reads are anti consensus cause this is the first time I'm hearing about it. I think the only read I have that you can call anti consensus at the moment is I think Lady 7 could be a wolf. If you wanna say I'm a wolf just making outlandish reads for the heck of it that seems kinda silly.

But then again I am amazing so I understand your worry
Oh also I'm not kidding where if you find anything in 1689 townie you're probably reading something in a wrong way because that is the most nullpost in a long while
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

...Kinda hot.
Chill out, you're just dancing with her
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1715, Lady 7 wrote:I've been sitting in the thread in hopes of finding someone I can bounce ideas off of as that's my prefered style of play.
I'm here
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1718, Gentleman 6 wrote:Sometimes bouncing your reads and getting reactions to unseen event sin real time is a good way to firm up a read on players. I'm no exception.

It is KILLING me inside to not be able to cite specific past examples of this working.
Frankly whenever I try and play like that the only people who work together with me are scum which ends up just making me play worse.
Which is a real shame really, people just like playing mafia solo now :(

I paired up with G1 because he seemed like someone who would appreciate me trying to do that and he also town slipped, if he wasn't actually newb town I'd use the PT to try and break him to realize he was lying to me. Guess I can hope my new partner likes to play like that. (╥_╥)
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1723, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1718, Gentleman 6 wrote:Sometimes bouncing your reads and getting reactions to unseen event sin real time is a good way to firm up a read on players. I'm no exception.

Frankly whenever I try and play like that the only people who work together with me are scum which ends up just making me play worse.
Which is a real shame really, people just like playing mafia solo now :(

I paired up with G1 because he seemed like someone who would appreciate me trying to do that and he also town slipped, if he wasn't actually newb town I'd use the PT to try and break him to realize he was lying to me. Guess I can hope my new partner likes to play like that. (╥_╥)
Given you now know who G1 was... and can cross-reference past play, how do YOU feel about the townslip in question? To me, it solidified.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”