Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:17 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1677, Gentleman 5 wrote:This game is challenging, there are a lot of people who feel like town
Ehhh I don't have this vibe there are lots of people middling who are decent scumspects
I get your "posting on your kind" shtick but I also always question the motivation of these kinds of posts
In post 1693, Lady 1 wrote:Food for thought: How much are you willing to trust someone else's read on their own partner?
I would as much as reads on any other player
I don't really value my partner that much here and I wonder why some people do (aside from the PT)
I probably won't be talking to G2 much
In post 1704, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1701, Lady 3 wrote: is true, town-indicative, and depressing and I would like to Disable it
Nothing in 1689 is town indicative and It makes me feel even more confident in the way people are reading gent 3. It's worrisome.
I don't really have an opinion on that post but I am concerned about Gent 3 in general. Ever since that early "I only take down people I townread the least" thing his posting has irked me and I haven't been able to put a finger on it. Maybe its the length?
In post 1740, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1689, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1642, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 1639, Gentleman 5 wrote:I don't think the "he wrote his posts before entering the game" theory is a real good one
i don't think he wrote his posts before replacing in, i think he was following along closely enough that he had genuine reads prior to replacing in (and he just happened to write about them, regardless of his alignment)

he said he was following it. he claims he wasn't forming reads though, he was just trying to identify people. i don't entirely believe that, but it's why i don't care about his replace in so much as how he's going to form reads down the line
A few thoughts on this. The first: this accusation could be made about any replacement, even ones who claim that they weren't following along. Do you have any specific reason to believe that it is the case when it comes to me? If not, do you hold the same reservations about the other replacements?

Second: I think we would both agree that it's not reads
themselves
that people are read off of. How one forms reads, how one justifies them, and in general how one talks
about
their reads generally, I would say, make up the content by which someone is judged. With that in mind, if you agree that the idea that I wrote posts before replacing in is absurd, wouldn't you agree that the concern that I had reads before I replaced in is superseded by the things I've written
surrounding
those reads afterwards? And of course, that's not to mention the more real-time interactions I've had with people.

I don't know. I'm reminded in some sense of a concern that I believe Lady 3 brought up, that people who "appear competent" might secretly have great scum ranges. I've experienced that exact paranoia myself before in a previous game, and I had to overcome it before I could move forward and town would eventually win. I don't think the concern is
unfounded
, although I would say that in the current site-meta it's on the less probable side. To my knowledge, at least, there are few players currently playing known for their outstanding scum games. I won't bother to comment on what I think of my own ability as scum; if someone doesn't trust me, they wouldn't believe me anyways.
I like this guy.
Yeah I haven't forgotten about you
Posts like these keep up my SR on you
In post 1757, Lady 3 wrote:Why is it obvious I'm town?
Isn't this a classic scumtell?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1774, Gentleman 5 wrote:I'm saying whatever comes to my mind, and I was asking Gent 6 about his reads because he was apparently feeling alienated
TIL
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:35 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1775, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1677, Gentleman 5 wrote:This game is challenging, there are a lot of people who feel like town
Ehhh I don't have this vibe there are lots of people middling who are decent scumspects
I get your "posting on your kind" shtick but I also always question the motivation of these kinds of posts
Who are the people who are middling and scumspects, in your opinion?
What is the potential anti-town motivation for that post that you've alluded to?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:43 am

Post by Lady 4 »

L2, L3, G2, G4, G6, G7, G9
As for the latter it sows discontent
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 am

Post by Lady 4 »

Erm discontent maybe not the right word
More like a feeling of difficulty in trying to scumhunt? I'm blanking on the word here I know there is one
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I accept gentleman 2's dance

Forgot to do this earlier, time to move on
G7 has inspired no confidence whatsoever
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1778, Lady 4 wrote:L2, L3, G2, G4, G6, G7, G9
I'm not at all convinced that we've narrowed down the scum yet

Why do you suspect both Gent 9 and Lady 3?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1781, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1778, Lady 4 wrote:L2, L3, G2, G4, G6, G7, G9
I'm not at all convinced that we've narrowed down the scum yet

Why do you suspect both Gent 9 and Lady 3?
I've talked some about L3. Basically Lilith's fast acceptance of the dance was suspicious and I'm not a fan of some of new L3's posts.
G9 is moreso just someone I'd put in the "middling" category than a SR
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

It looks like Pre-Dance is over.
In post 1639, Gentleman 5 wrote:OK. Your reads on the ladies are pretty bland/it's more like you don't have a good read there rather than a scumread.
That was sorta the point. Why am I supposed to call someone town if I can't read them yet?

I like how I am right in between town and ??? in L7's triangular readlist.
In post 1646, Gentleman 6 wrote:I mean, I've done explicitly this for games I think i'd be interested in replacing into.

Being ready-to-replace for games one misses in signups isn't that crazy of a thing to do, especially a game where the mechanics ensure that there's going to be an annoyingly high amount of replacements.
Yeah, but the point is that G3 shouldn't be townread for his content right off the bat. I feel like his entrance attacking L8 is interesting in the case of either one flipping scum.
In post 1659, Lady 7 wrote:I have held the belief the entrance comes from scum since the start of the game.
They have done nothing to make me reconsider this throughout the entire course of this game.
The WIFOM thing or him immediately asking L3 to dance?
In post 1666, Gentleman 6 wrote:I'd rather just find three town-town pairs and mass-hemlock the rest.
Easy in theory... hard in practice.
In post 1675, Gentleman 6 wrote:now that we know who gentleman 1 was at that point in time, I feel it's a legit townslip
You realize that Mafia Goon is an alt? He was probably faking newb town vibes which is sorta scummy especially in a hidden alt game.
In post 1678, Lady 3 wrote:This playerlist is fun I'm kidnapping all of you after the game
Indeed.
In post 1684, Gentleman 5 wrote:When I'm looking at people I suspect to be mafia, I see them as thinking both me and Ghosty 8 are town
Isn't this the opposite of what mafia want in the case of G5/L8 being truly T/T? Is this a veiled scumread on Lady 8?
In post 1689, Gentleman 3 wrote:With that in mind, if you agree that the idea that I wrote posts before replacing in is absurd, wouldn't you agree that the concern that I had reads before I replaced in is superseded by the things I've written surrounding those reads afterwards? And of course, that's not to mention the more real-time interactions I've had with people.
This sounds like something that generally town says instead of mafia, but I don't really remember G3's non-entry posts enough to confidently say I'm liking him. Also, regarding 1689 first paragraph, you aren't being scumread, but it's more like your entrance can easily come from either alignment and it doesn't warrant a townread.
In post 1704, Lady 1 wrote:and It makes me feel even more confident in the way people are reading gent 3.
What does this mean?
In post 1707, Gentleman 3 wrote:Even if one granted I was scum and that my reads were set before I replaced in, the things that I wrote about them were not set before I replaced in, and it is the things written about reads that are relevant to one's alignment far more than the reads themselves.
Pretty sure we're talking about your posts as a whole and not just your reads...
In post 1716, Lady 6 wrote:I think there are some reasons to town read G3 completely detached from the opinions he had coming into the game
Are you talking about his more recent posts, or the previous G3? I'm not sure I would feel the same about the first option. I feel like I remember someone townreading the previous G3, and I would like to know why.

Why does G3 keep on thinking that he's being scumread for his entrance? I thought it was pretty clear that it was just not enough to get him townread(which people were doing in the beginning).
In post 1730, Gentleman 8 wrote:i'm just saying that your initial posts don't tell me anything about you for reasons that should be pretty obvious by now?
Yes.
In post 1731, Lady 7 wrote:pretending to be a newb and needing to stay consistent with that just sounds like an insufferable way to play so I never questioned it.
It would lowkey be pretty fun, and once again, Sans wasn't a newb(just an alt).
In post 1740, Lady 2 wrote:I like this guy.
Hmm.

I don't like the idea of L7 deciding to let other people sort slots for her. She probably needs that bit of relief/respite for how she's been playing so far though, so I'll let it be for now.
In post 1761, Lady 6 wrote:Your posts are pleasant enough to read on their own but the way you state your reads is incredibly hedgey and non-comital
This is how I was feeling as well. I feel a little weird about how jovial L6 is treating a slot she scumreads and you can't really townread good faith. Probably a playstyle thing.
In post 1779, Lady 4 wrote:More like a feeling of difficulty in trying to scumhunt? I'm blanking on the word here I know there is one
I sorta see what you're trying to get at here. It's like when scum pretend that they are having trouble with the game and it gets to borderline Ate. That's sorta how I felt about L5 in the beginning, but she's probably town for being with IC(still need to read into this).
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

What was the activity pace we were talking about?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

I’m definitely not reading all of this. Summary please?
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Hi Gent 1!

You’re paired with L7 who is pretty townie.

We’re waiting for G7 to be flipped and for first dance to begin.

G8 is the IC and I’m the very lucky lady who’s dancing with him.

The other pairs are G3/L6, G2/L4, G4/L2, G5/L8, L3/G9, G6/L1
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am going to die.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Lady 5 »

We need to find three pairs that we’re confident are town to be sure of winning, or two if we think scum haven’t danced with each other

I personally like G3/L6 for town but G8 doesn’t

I also quite like L3/G9 but L3 isn’t confident that her partner is town

I like G6 but G3 has a problem with him I think, L1 is broadly townread

I think your lady is very towny, I’m not sure about you but wasn’t really impressed by your predecessor — however, he *may* have townslipped so you’re a little above average

I don’t feel like L5/G8 are that towny but that may be because I haven’t had much talk with them recently. I think I preferred G5 from the last time I read them

I think G2 is quite likely to be town but I don’t like L4, about half the thread don’t like G2 I think and wanted him left out instead of G7

I don’t really townread G4 anymore and I think some people are but I don’t remember who. L2 is scumread by some but idk how I feel there

I think that’s as much as I can remember off the top of my head, did you have any questions?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1787, Lady 7 wrote:I am going to die.
? (◕︵◕)
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1771, Lady 8 wrote:The strongest reads I can muster, incoming!! Number one, Earth Lady 5 is town. I think she did not have to gun for the IC, but she did, and I don't see any scum motivation in that. From what I can recall she wasn't being pressured into it at all and she had other options, but she reached out to Gent 8 herself.
Can I ask why you perceive this as being particularly townie, L8? And why is it significant that I went after the hand of my darling prince on my own initiative?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1784, Gentleman 2 wrote:What was the activity pace we were talking about?
What do you mean by this? The activity is pretty high in this game.
In post 1785, Gentleman 1 wrote:I’m definitely not reading all of this. Summary please?
Lady 5's stuff seems good enough for me. Your slot is neutral and your partner is town.
In post 1787, Lady 7 wrote:I am going to die.
lol why
In post 1790, Lady 5 wrote: Can I ask why you perceive this as being particularly townie, L8? And why is it significant that I went after the hand of my darling prince on my own initiative?
I feel like scum would be more cautious about pairing with the IC because they might feel self conscious about staying alive too much. In the last dance, scum was paired with the IC, so it isn't that great reasoning.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1791, Gentleman 4 wrote:I feel like scum would be more cautious about pairing with the IC because they might feel self conscious about staying alive too much. In the last dance, scum was paired with the IC, so it isn't that great reasoning.
Okay, only I kind of wanted to hear what L8 thought of this, not you :/
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1785, Gentleman 1 wrote:I’m definitely not reading all of this. Summary please?
My ISO is probably a rough parse, but I am active enough where you can likely form a read without reading it.

My scum read that matters the most right now is on Gentlemen 9, you should probably read through his ISO in particular if you want to be up to date on my town reads.

The pair I think has the highest odds of being town is Lady 6 the seal and Gentleman 3 Sherlock.
Otherwise the other pair I am sort of into is Gentlemen 5 boromir and Lady 8 the ghost. Lady 8 being the least confident of the bunch.

Not much has happened in terms of game actions for me to give you a good summary on so I am just listing notable players to you that you can try and depend on.

Those are pretty ok reads to anchor yourself on this game at the very least the town reads are.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1771, Lady 8 wrote:Number one, Earth Lady 5 is town.
YOU HAD ONE JOB

THE FIRST RULE OF SAFFRON CITY FIGHTING DOJO IS DON'T TALK ABOUT SAFFRON CITY FIGHTING DOJO.
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Sorry this is a strange thing to ask.
Did you pick this avatar because you like Nagito or do you like a person that used personify as him off site?

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:46 am

Post by FakeGod »

Gentleman 7, who was a
Vampire
, has
left
in
pre-dance
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:47 am

Post by FakeGod »

First Dance

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.0

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3 [0] -
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8 [0] -
Gentleman 1 - Lady 7 [0] -
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5 [0] -
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6 [0] -
Gentleman 6 - Lady 1 [0] -
Gentleman 4 - Lady 2 [0] -
Gentleman 2 - Lady 4 [0] -

Not Voting [16]
- Gentleman 1, Gentleman 2, Gentleman 3, Gentleman 4, Gentleman 5, Gentleman 6, Gentleman 8, Gentleman 9, Lady 2, Lady 3, Lady 4, Lady 5, Lady 6, Lady 7, Lady 8

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-08-11 14:34:47)
Last edited by FakeGod on Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Calling all touhou fans!
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Lady 4 »

VOTE: lady 2 gentleman 4

Starting here I'll dig for G7 associations later
Some people definitely were pushing me towards 2 instead