Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 1844, Lady 5 wrote:Why did you think G7/L4 should endgame at that point is probably the more pertinent question, G2?
I was part of the "only town gentlemen are left atp" club.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Lady 5 »

L8, I had a question for you from before the end of pre-dance, if you’d be so kind
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1849, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1846, Lady 7 wrote:I do intend to defend G2 whenever you are done talking to him L5.Gaia. I just want to give him his own space to show people he is town.
I don't see why scum ever make that post.
No, like I said, I’m not lockscum there or anything

L6 is prob right that the bigger reason to flip the pair would be L4

But there’s just something ~*off*~ about how they were reciprocally TRing each other when they should have been competing for L4’s hand?
It's mafia not survivor.
He made a mistake, but I don't see why he needed to compete if he thought G7 was a stronger town player then himself.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1850, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 1844, Lady 5 wrote:Why did you think G7/L4 should endgame at that point is probably the more pertinent question, G2?
I was part of the "only town gentlemen are left atp" club.
Okay, but why did you think that?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1852, Lady 7 wrote:but I don't see why he needed to compete if he thought G7 was a stronger town player then himself.
Right, but why did he see G7 as town in the first place?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1848, Lady 8 wrote:AAHhhh! Vampire!!

I think in scum!Lady 4's shoes, I'd have picked Gent 2. There was no good reason to pick Gent 7, and I think she may as well try to grab some towncred to keep herself alive. Like if she took Gent 7 and they paired up as a 2 scum pairing, there's no way they make it far and that's 2 scum down. At least this way she has somewhat of a bus under her belt.

That being said, I don't think I lean on her being scum I don't think. Will have to look back and stuff
I'm not quite sure about this, even if I might agree with you on the conclusion. If we assume Lady 4 is scum and Gentleman 2 is town, picking G7 (thus leaving G2 out) and immediately getting eliminated is the same number of town and scum dead as picking G2 and leaving G7 out, but with the added benefit that scum doesn't immediately flip, denying a lot of information to town. Thus, I might say that if Lady 4 were scum, she would have a lot of incentive to pick Gentleman 7; and that's not even mentioning that I believe many people were prepared to townread Gentleman 7 if he started putting more effort in.

I don't think the idea of bussing here is a strong one; I think that this choice points to Lady 4 town.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1851, Lady 5 wrote:L8, I had a question for you from before the end of pre-dance, if you’d be so kind
Oh, yes

I don't think it makes sense to target the IC as scum. From my recollection you weren't consensus town at the time nor really are now although I feel you should be. i just don't see what makes scum want to target the IC out of the blue.

I did see Gent 4's comment that there was a scum paired with the IC last time who lost in XYLO. I did read a bit of the end of the game, it did not feel like a favourable position for that player, at all
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:55 am

Post by FakeGod »

Dance PTs are fixed.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Lady 7 »

tfw my lover just dipped.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1855, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1848, Lady 8 wrote:AAHhhh! Vampire!!

I think in scum!Lady 4's shoes, I'd have picked Gent 2. There was no good reason to pick Gent 7, and I think she may as well try to grab some towncred to keep herself alive. Like if she took Gent 7 and they paired up as a 2 scum pairing, there's no way they make it far and that's 2 scum down. At least this way she has somewhat of a bus under her belt.

That being said, I don't think I lean on her being scum I don't think. Will have to look back and stuff
I'm not quite sure about this, even if I might agree with you on the conclusion. If we assume Lady 4 is scum and Gentleman 2 is town, picking G7 (thus leaving G2 out) and immediately getting eliminated is the same number of town and scum dead as picking G2 and leaving G7 out, but with the added benefit that scum doesn't immediately flip, denying a lot of information to town. Thus, I might say that if Lady 4 were scum, she would have a lot of incentive to pick Gentleman 7; and that's not even mentioning that I believe many people were prepared to townread Gentleman 7 if he started putting more effort in.

I don't think the idea of bussing here is a strong one; I think that this choice points to Lady 4 town.
Hm, I see your point. I suppose I'm thinking more of a trying to survive perspective for Lady 4, which I feel I would probably take.

I think we can agree on the conclusion though, yeah
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1855, Gentleman 3 wrote:If we assume Lady 4 is scum and Gentleman 2 is town, picking G7 (thus leaving G2 out) and immediately getting eliminated is the same number of town and scum dead as picking G2 and leaving G7 out, but with the added benefit that scum doesn't immediately flip, denying a lot of information to town.
I think I wasn't as clear as I could've been here, so let me elaborate. Assume that Lady 4 is scum and whoever she's paired with will always be the first to go. Regardless of whether she picks Gentleman 2 or Gentleman 7, one town will end up dead and two scum will. The difference is that by picking Gentleman 7 she would deny town the immediate scumflip, and if we no longer assume that she is
always
the first to go, I think that a decent argument could be made that Gentleman 7 could have turned his slot around. Thus, I think Lady 4 would be incentivized as scum to pick Gentleman 7, and thus I don't think she's scum.

I didn't in the first place, but Gentleman 7's flip I would say is even more evidence in favor of her being town.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1804, Lady 5 wrote:I also absolutely don’t think that this is clearing for you, btw
I didn't say it did?

I agree G2 isn't cleared here but I feel there are way scummier pairs to dig into rn, like G4 and L2, and L3 and G6
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

So when I replaced in, IIRC there were four unpaired males.

Gentleman 6
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 7

WIth 7's flip, and 8 being the IC, I sort of want to go back and see who pushed for myself to be excluded, just as much as people who pushed for 7 over 2.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I think I was unpaired too. Anyways, it's more about the reasoning for people choosing 7 over 2, and you might want to look for late bus. I'm pretty sure by the end, everybody was fine towards g2 living.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I mean L3.Misty lost a lot of credit for that flip.
In hindsight I really hate the post she made where she said G7.Vampire should be kept alive because he is a higher ceiling for "looking town".

Felt like a way to try and win me over to saving him all while not committing to a town read on the slot.
I think L3 is more likely town then not but I don't feel half as good about it as before I saw the flip.

Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1860, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1855, Gentleman 3 wrote:If we assume Lady 4 is scum and Gentleman 2 is town, picking G7 (thus leaving G2 out) and immediately getting eliminated is the same number of town and scum dead as picking G2 and leaving G7 out, but with the added benefit that scum doesn't immediately flip, denying a lot of information to town.
I think I wasn't as clear as I could've been here, so let me elaborate. Assume that Lady 4 is scum and whoever she's paired with will always be the first to go. Regardless of whether she picks Gentleman 2 or Gentleman 7, one town will end up dead and two scum will. The difference is that by picking Gentleman 7 she would deny town the immediate scumflip, and if we no longer assume that she is
always
the first to go, I think that a decent argument could be made that Gentleman 7 could have turned his slot around. Thus, I think Lady 4 would be incentivized as scum to pick Gentleman 7, and thus I don't think she's scum.

I didn't in the first place, but Gentleman 7's flip I would say is even more evidence in favor of her being town.
Gent 7 potentially turning around the slot is a good point, but I don't think he would've

I myself thought Gent 7 might turn up to play and at first favoured him, but when he continued to make frustrated comments (like "Yay we're seeing who can die first on the next day") I figured he was never gonna change. He might have even pushed for Lady 4 to get rid of him in the scum PT in that case

I don't know why I'm tin foiling this when I don't even believe in it though. You make valid points and I think objectively not bussing was probably a better play since a decent amount of people from what i remember were thinking both the remaining Gents were town
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think scum would be more inclined to beat around the bush like that.
In hopes I would just forget or right off the exchange.

Especially given how hard I town read L3 which means her opinions would have real sway over my actions.

Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

It really does feel like G7 was apathetic in the last 24 hours.

If there was a "turn and burn, give up and bus" time, it was probably around then.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1864, Lady 7 wrote:I mean L3.Misty lost a lot of credit for that flip.
In hindsight I really hate the post she made where she said G7.Vampire should be kept alive because he is a higher ceiling for "looking town".

Felt like a way to try and win me over to saving him all while not committing to a town read on the slot.
I think L3 is more likely town then not but I don't feel half as good about it as before I saw the flip.
Why still say she's town if you're so shaken by that post earlier?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1868, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1864, Lady 7 wrote:I mean L3.Misty lost a lot of credit for that flip.

Why still say she's town if you're so shaken by that post earlier?
It's a singular point and I have to think it through.
I also scum read G9 still and they can't both be scum, that just isn't possible.

I think it's more likely L3 made a mistake and G9 is just a wolf then the other way around.

Like 1 post against someone and multiple points in favour of them I am still going to lean town but I also can't lock them as town anymore.

Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1867, Gentleman 6 wrote:It really does feel like G7 was apathetic in the last 24 hours.

If there was a "turn and burn, give up and bus" time, it was probably around then.
Yeah this is what I was feeling. I think it is objectively better to not bus in theory, but with someone who would be unwilling to play, probably not so much.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

It's possible I'm a victim of confirmation bias, but I still feel as though the best vote at the moment may be Lady 1/Gentleman 6.

Lady 1 probably made the most attempt of anyone to get Gentleman 7 paired. At least, to memory.

Spoiler:
In post 919, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 6 don't break my friend Gent 7s heart. You should dance with him
In post 921, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 919, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 6 don't break my friend Gent 7s heart. You should dance with him
I unironically support this btw
In post 1555, Lady 1 wrote:Killing number 7 is a huge mistake
doing so would make my heart ache
All you need to do is look at the signs
and you'll realize his posts are fine
In time you'll find the real fake

For Gentleman 6, it's actually a conspicuous
lack
of mention of Gentleman 7. As near as I can tell, there isn't a single direct reference to him in G6's entire ISO. He's even excluded from his readslist with basically no comment:

Spoiler:
In post 1666, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1655, Gentleman 5 wrote:What are your reads?
At this point, I am trying to sort by pairs, and not solos. I'm working on a formalized reads list and then intend to denote which half of a pair I like better/worse... even though mechanically at this point it doesn't matter!

Since my last townreads list:
In post 1042, Gentleman 6 wrote:Guy 3 is town. (I suspect I both know who he is, and don't know who is is at the same time and it vexes me)
Guy 2 is town. (Is nobody going to address that he's playing so carefree he didn't even notice I'm not the player who was having issues, even though I explicitly made it a part of my opening moves)
Lady 5 is town. (Do I really need to explain this one?)

I have decided to add Lady 1 (tenative on PT sort), Lady 7 (Mostly for her early scumread of my slot's replaceout in post 336, amusingly enough), and Gentleman 1.

Most of those are from re-reading the part of the game that happened before I replaced in.

That gives me a town block that looks something like this (Assuming we see G2-L4):

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 1
-
Lady 7

Gentleman 8
-
Lady 5

Gentleman 3
-
Lady 3

Gentleman 6
-
Lady 1

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2

Gentleman 2
-
Lady 4

Essentially, I don't think that "proper" scumhunting is all that productive right now. I'd rather just find three town-town pairs and mass-hemlock the rest. (And I am mostly including myself in the hemlocking, not the three)
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

i was just reading on that too. so g3 sherlock you think they are independently scummy
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1871, Gentleman 3 wrote:It's possible I'm a victim of confirmation bias, but I still feel as though the best vote at the moment may be Lady 1/Gentleman 6.

Lady 1 probably made the most attempt of anyone to get Gentleman 7 paired. At least, to memory.

Spoiler:
In post 921, Lady 1 wrote:
I unironically support this btw
In post 1555, Lady 1 wrote:Killing number 7 is a huge mistake
doing so would make my heart ache
All you need to do is look at the signs
and you'll realize his posts are fine
In time you'll find the real fake

For Gentleman 6, it's actually a conspicuous
lack
of mention of Gentleman 7. As near as I can tell, there isn't a single direct reference to him in G6's entire ISO. He's even excluded from his readslist with basically no comment:

Spoiler:
In post 1666, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1655, Gentleman 5 wrote:What are your reads?
At this point, I am trying to sort by pairs, and not solos. I'm working on a formalized reads list and then intend to denote which half of a pair I like better/worse... even though mechanically at this point it doesn't matter!

Since my last townreads list:
In post 1042, Gentleman 6 wrote:Guy 3 is town. (I suspect I both know who he is, and don't know who is is at the same time and it vexes me)
Guy 2 is town. (Is nobody going to address that he's playing so carefree he didn't even notice I'm not the player who was having issues, even though I explicitly made it a part of my opening moves)
Lady 5 is town. (Do I really need to explain this one?)

I have decided to add Lady 1 (tenative on PT sort), Lady 7 (Mostly for her early scumread of my slot's replaceout in post 336, amusingly enough), and Gentleman 1.

Most of those are from re-reading the part of the game that happened before I replaced in.

That gives me a town block that looks something like this (Assuming we see G2-L4):

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 1
-
Lady 7

Gentleman 8
-
Lady 5

Gentleman 3
-
Lady 3

Gentleman 6
-
Lady 1

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2

Gentleman 2
-
Lady 4

Essentially, I don't think that "proper" scumhunting is all that productive right now. I'd rather just find three town-town pairs and mass-hemlock the rest. (And I am mostly including myself in the hemlocking, not the three)
This is likely where I am looking next.
What is your thoughts on my current adventure of Gent 9 and Lady 3?

Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1845, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1832, Lady 5 wrote:L7 ur great and amazing and u did a fantastic job :) <3
ヽ(^Д^)ノ
There is approximately a 0% chance Lady 7 is scum. Here's to hoping Gent Nagito 1 is too

pedit: Always with the Gent 6 suspicions, Sherlock Gent 3!!

I forgot who exactly was defending Vampire Gent 7. Your theory is plausible although I really like Lady 1......

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”