spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

What’s up guys. Anyone want to give me a quick TL:DR that way I can try to contribute while I catch up?
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 299, Ythan wrote:Thoughts on who is town and who is scum (and specifically cult leader) will suffice.
Well I’m only one page 6 right now and I’ve already cringed so hard I lost some teeth and had a stroke.

@mods I accidentally sent that to Ythan via pm instead of quoting him like I wanted to. It’s been years since I’ve played so I’m still working through how the site works again.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 178, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 177, iamausername wrote:
In post 175, Jesus Christ wrote:
In post 161, Korina wrote:blah blah blah
This is a good point.
is it? did you read those games? what did you find out from them?
Hello.
My names Karma.
Today I’m here to ask you a question you may or may not be familiar with.
did you read those games? what did you find out from them?

Now you might be asking why did I send you that question
But then stop and ask yourself. Why did I ask Jesus that question and instead of becoming paranoid and confused all you have to do is sit down with Jesus and discuss about Korina’s Meta with them.
Jesus dude...the cringe haha
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:22 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 299, Ythan wrote:Thoughts on who is town and who is scum (and specifically cult leader) will suffice.
Well i feel like this game is already off to a shit storm but here is my list.

Town

Korina
Logic.

Null

Doctor Drew
Ythan
Jesus
Clidd

Scum

Battlemage
Username

Korina is significant to me mostly because of the way he is acting (ie "fucking lynch me", trying to call the shots and speaking TO the town, all kinds of set up speculation) all seems consistent to me as the actions of someone who is overly excited and has a raging role boner. He gave off the vibe of "if you believe me or follow my lead then you don't deserve to have me in the game" which is something I can relate to because when I was younger I used to do that same shit when I had a power role. I personally don't see scum coming out of the gate with this level of a gambit. Of course you can get into the circular logic of "thats what they want you to think." however in my experience that is hardly ever pulled off, especially with someone who spams the board like he washed down a bag of meth with a Rockstar. For now I'm inclined to believe him

Logic I think is just a cringe machine more so than scum. He comes off to me as someone who is just awkward and awkwardness usually stems from uncertainty. He is always talking in circles it feels like but my gut tells me this is the act of a bad player more than a scummy player.

Battlemage is doing all the things I would do if I were scum. Pile on the easy target who is going to annoy the town into getting themself lynched? Check. Immediately counter commenting on role claiming once the conversation has been started by someone else? Check. Quick and subtle early game spat to distance myself from my other scum buddy in Username? Checkity check. I also rally don't like how his activity fell off of a cliff once he got his second and third votes on him.

Username's introductory post was one that was coming out in support of someone as town. That doesnt seem like a town action because you would think that the town would be more interested in scum hunting in that moment. It just felt disingenuous to me. I also don't like how he tried to flip the conversation away from the Korina situation twice and even throwing out a random direction change vote for Jesus Christ when I'm pretty sure we were already past that point in the game. I also dont like how that direction change is going to lead us down the path of talking about meta games and how people acted in other games. Personally i never find that useful information especially this early in the game.

Everyone else I really dont have much input on. Either I didn't feel any one way or the other about their posts, or there isnt very much to work with anyway. Ythan spam is pretty annoying but I don't if it makes me feel like he is scummy or not.

for now though Ill VOTE: Blackmage he is my strongest scum read and I feel like we would get the most info out of his flip
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:27 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 303, Jesus Christ wrote:
In post 297, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 294, Jesus Christ wrote:Anyone else except for Korina, Battle Mage, or JacksonVirgo.
May I ask why you don’t think Battle Mage is Cult?
They could have hammered when Korina was at L-1, but they didn't.

I don't like how Logicalicaltist is ignoring my question. To me their contribution comes off as fake contribution.
I dont like this logic. If he had quickhammered and Korina flips town he would've had a ton of explaining to do on Day 2. That is a lot of unnecessary pressure on him he would have to fight off if he is indeed scum. Its too early in the game for that move
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:48 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 315, Ythan wrote:
In post 311, spicer1209 wrote:I also dont like how that direction change is going to lead us down the path of talking about meta games and how people acted in other games. Personally i never find that useful information especially this early in the game.
So you've got no comment on all the meta Korina posted but then you're gonna say this?
Yeah...because like I said I dont think meta chasing is a good tactic ever, but especially this early in the game. A third of the players are actually going to read the games he posted. The other two thirds aren't because to be honest its boring and monotonous. Then we are going to end up talking in circles about whether or not another game, with all its different variables and factors, is applicable to the one we are playing right now. All the while two thirds of the players aren't going to be able to really know what they are talking about because they didn't read through the metas in the first place.

So yeah, i dont like that we are trying to get shifted to go down that road.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:23 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 317, Ythan wrote:
In post 315, Ythan wrote:
In post 311, spicer1209 wrote:I also dont like how that direction change is going to lead us down the path of talking about meta games and how people acted in other games. Personally i never find that useful information especially this early in the game.

So you've got no comment on all the meta Korina posted
but then you're gonna say this?
This part of my post though. You're explaining why it's bad not why you waited to attack the second person doing it after defending the first.
Because I’m operating under the line of thinking that Korina is town and just spazzing and used that as a defense mechanism where as the other one saw an opportunity to shift the conversation to something less meaningful and substantial.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:17 am

Post by spicer1209 »

All the fuss just to get replaced lol wut
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 322, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 312, Ythan wrote:Wow Friday and still no Korina how about that.
Activity has nothing to do with Alignment.
This is not entirely true. Is it a 100% accurate litmus test? No. However it’s not illogical to think that hiding in the shadows keeps you from getting caught.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:29 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 331, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 330, Jesus Christ wrote:Well, anyway, Logilcalicaltist certainly isn't playing towny, as a cult leader would do, so we should hang someone else.
Am I not playing towny?
Did you find what I was referring to yet?
Who’s do you think is playing like a CL?
I don’t know how you are trying to discern who is playing like a CL on day 1 where there is literally nothing separating the CL from his other scum buddy. They are both in the same boat atm.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 337, Jesus Christ wrote:So anyone who is willing to be hanged, is not the cult leader.
So Korina is town then yes?
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

Well no matter what we need more meaningful activity. All the replacements kind of sent things off the rails when we were actually getting some good discussion. I’m thinking we need to make a move soon or else the amount of cares is going to fall through the floor. The longer we drag this out with minimal activity the more likely the game is going to stagnate and Scum wins.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

I am with username when it comes to getting more meaningful content out of the Doctor Drew slot. Doctor Drew came off as if he didnt give a shit about this game straight from the beginning. Which makes it feel to me as if he might as well have had said nothing at all.

I really like innocent villagers post about how lynching someone who isnt cult leader doesnt really do us any good. That post felt very town to me because I dont think that a scum would point that out, because I totally didnt even think of that. The scum would just encourage the town to rush lynch anyone but the cult leader.

So if the general premise of this game is for the cultists to keep the suspicion off the cult leader by dictating the conversation then the only one that sticks out to me is Username when he came in and voted Battle Mage in middle of the Korina conversation. He also did it again when he voted for Jesus Christ out nowhere in post when the battle mage wagon was beginning, Maybe Username came in and didnt really go through Korina's spam and threw out a premeditated immediate distance post from him to battle mage? Then once the wagon starts to get hot on BM he tried to shift the conversation towards Jesus so spare his cult leader some heat?

I think that Username is cult but I think BM is the one who is the cult leader
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 371, Ythan wrote:
In post 370, spicer1209 wrote:I really like innocent villagers post about how lynching someone who isnt cult leader doesnt really do us any good. That post felt very town to me because I dont think that a scum would point that out, because I totally didnt even think of that. The scum would just encourage the town to rush lynch anyone but the cult leader.
I know you're a replacement but we already spent a lot of time discussing this before you got here.
Sorry I couldn’t get that from all the spam between you and Korina.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:04 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 388, Ythan wrote:
In post 387, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 385, Ythan wrote:
In post 380, Aristophanes wrote:Oh shit Ythan is in this game!

Shit gunn' be LIT!
Oh what up dude.
Yooo nm you know!

Ythan, you're not cult, right? What are your thoughts on things as they stand?
Not yet.

Everyone got replaced and a big chunk of the people posting are bad this game is a nightmare that's my thoughts.
Bad like how? Care to elaborate?
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

Prod dodging but I’ve been following the thread. Just really haven’t seen anything significant. I’m down for either the Username or the BM wagon. I don’t necessarily think User is the CL but I do think he is scum
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 467, Aristophanes wrote:Lol a proddodge after 5 days.

I didn't even realize you were in the game bro! XD
The game was moving at a snails pace and I felt I like I said everything I needed to say! Lol

Seriously though my play style is to observe and then write these big ass wall of text touching on everything. Unless the posting REALLY picks up and then I borderline spam. I’m a complicated individual lol
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:11 am

Post by spicer1209 »

I read it as sarcasm lol seriously it’s time to pick someone and lynch them or else interest and desire is going to stall out. We have two wagons right now. BM and user. We need to inject life into the game and spark discussion and that usually happens after a flip. Or we wait around and try a last minute lynch and hope people care enough get on to finish the wagon
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 475, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 474, iamausername wrote:well that long ass Hiraki post doesn't make me any less inclined to believe that his slot is the cult leader that's for damn sure
Was there nothing in that post that warranted a direct response?
I mean from what I read it was just a bunch of “agree” “disagree” with a couple troll comments thrown in there. Kind of hard to give a meaningful response to most of that.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

Anyone on that logicalist wagon is immediately on my scum list. The guy isn’t scummy, he’s just playing bad and if you take the second to actually look at it you will know. Meanwhile the BM slot has been scummy this whole time yet here we are trying to do a last minute logic wagon lol no one is seeing anything wrong with this huh?
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 531, Jesus Christ wrote:
In post 529, spicer1209 wrote:Anyone on that logicalist wagon is immediately on my scum list. The guy isn’t scummy, he’s just playing bad and if you take the second to actually look at it you will know. Meanwhile the BM slot has been scummy this whole time yet here we are trying to do a last minute logic wagon lol no one is seeing anything wrong with this huh?
Explain?
It’s already been explained in my ISO. I really don’t want to give you that bland of a response but nothing has really changed since I made those posts. I really feel like we are lynching a townie bad at the game, not scum. That is what I would try to do if I was scum. So when Logic flips town, I’m going to be looking directly at the Logic wagon. Because those people know this guy is heavily leaning bad townie than scum.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

Are we really going to leave today’s lynch to an RNG...lol this game.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

Good job ladies
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

VOTE: Jesus Christ

So please tell us why that Logic wagon you randomly started wasn’t you pulling off a last ditch effort to save your scum buddy.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:57 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 556, Jesus Christ wrote:Because, right now, there isn't any reason that Psyche is scummy; they just forgot about the game. Now that Psyche can read the game, we can really determine if they're scummy or not.
BM had a decent amount of reasons as to why he was scummy. We just threw them all out the window because we wanted his replacement to speak which they conveniently didn’t and still has yet to.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

Ssssooooo are we going to play the game ooorrrr
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am

Post by spicer1209 »

Ffs Psyche...thanks for wasting everyone’s time.

Alright well what do we do here? We gave two days and no one seems interested in playing.

Jesus isn’t scum. He’s the friendly neighbor and he visited me last night. I wanted to start the wagon on him to see who would hop on. This plan goes to fucking shit if no one posts.

VOTE: Hiraki

You hopped on the wagon for logic as well and Ythan has been too combative and spammy in the beginning game does me to think he is scum.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 607, iamausername wrote:
In post 603, spicer1209 wrote: VOTE: Hiraki
do you think Hiraki is the cult leader? because his obvious desperation to save Psyche yesterday suggests otherwise to me.
Maybe. Maybe not. However according to the set up given to us if there is a friendly neighbor then that means there is a scum role cop which would be a valuable thing for town to get out of the game no? What I do know is we can’t keep doing this 5 posts a day bullshit and hoping things magically fall into place for us. The ONLY other thing that makes sense for scum along those lines is the Korina slot is the rolecop and that’s why he was threatening the town power roles not to target him or else he’d get pissed. I would want to explore that option more before the deadline if we could
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:34 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 613, Jesus Christ wrote:Hiraki's desperation to save Psyche makes sense without them being cult...
VOTE: iamausername
This is a really bad vote. I’d be willing to bet it all that User is town. And also no...it doesn’t make sense with out Hiraki being cult.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 am

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 621, Hiraki wrote:
In post 619, iamausername wrote:why are you so sure that Psyche is town?
I'm also not answering the same questions over and over again.
Or you could just be helpful and ya know...answer the question.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:58 am

Post by spicer1209 »

Sorry boys. I forgot to say I was V/LA this weekend and didn’t have any service.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:59 am

Post by spicer1209 »

Ah shit I got replaced. Nvm.

Return to “Completed Open Games”