Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1973, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1971, Lady 3 wrote:since I'm going to oppose my own exile regardless of degree.
Err

Why?
I'm not scumreading both halves of my pairing, view my previous post.

If I was unable to identify any pairing where I was scumreading both halves of the pairing, maybe I'd leave, but that shouldn't happen this phase.
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Lady 3 »

I'll make nagito a summary if there is some form of evidence he's actually going to play this game.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I’m ngl L3 we are a long way from a world where I’d be comfortable with you as an endgame pairing

Can you explain what went through your head on G7 as end of predance was unfolding?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

i plan to hash out domestic disputes in house
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1930, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1928, Gentleman 9 wrote:i reverse my read on shrlock g3 after realizing that a bunch of his stuff is wall fluff, and i talk about gorilla 7, in terms of I don't think he's town, but I think he's more town than 2.
Yeah this
It's a really easy—perhaps even generic—criticism to make against any sort of "long" post that it's all fluff and no substance, but I don't think that it could actually be substantiated in my case. With the exception of some poems and some brief interludes talking about identities, I'd say that I've been extremely focused on the game and avoiding fluff.
In post 1944, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1938, Gentleman 9 wrote:this "progression" is also 400 posts apart
Again, you had no reason to change the read.
I scouted your entire ISO, those 3 posts are your only mentions of the flipped wolf player.

And your read on him lines up with exactly how I expect wolves to treat their partner.

But you are just talking around me saying I am misrepresenting you.
It's actually crazy.
I actually disagree that a random read change across a large number of posts is indicative of an agenda. Actually, I'm of the opinion that scum take much more effort to pay attention to their own reads and avoid inconsistencies. It's really natural for townies to change their reads suddenly, especially on players that they haven't mentioned or thought about in a while. This exact progression was why I said earlier that Gentleman 9 seemed to not be partnered with Gentleman 7: his progression there seems fairly natural to me.

I'm not commenting on how wolves might treat their partner, moreso on I expect town to change their reads versus scum.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 1979, Gentleman 3 wrote:With the exception of some poems
i thought the poems were some of your better posts
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Lady 1 »

Don't worry everyone I know if you could just let me be in end game by myself you would. Sadly I must read my partner.
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1978, Gentleman 9 wrote:i plan to hash out domestic disputes in house
I’m like... not sure I like this from you two, as I have doubts on both of you independently and I think we’d all benefit from seeing you work through things publicly? I mean obv I cant stop you doing it that way if you want to, but my initial response is I’d like to see you two particularly engaging in public
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1980, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 1979, Gentleman 3 wrote:With the exception of some poems
i thought the poems were some of your better posts
I'm glad to hear it, but I'd prefer to hear you talk about where you think I've been posting fluff rather than content.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Lady 7 »

A storm is brewing, not the game literally just real life.
If I lose power and can't post for 10 minutes, remember I love all of you.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1984, Lady 7 wrote:A storm is brewing, not the game literally just real life.
I love me to

Stay safe <3
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1984, Lady 7 wrote:A storm is brewing, not the game literally just real life.
A ten minute break? I hope you're ready to catch up on about fifty pages. Don't worry, I'll start keeping a summary for you.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Lady 1 has an incredibly great energy to her.
I mean I'd strongly benefit from seeing the flip of L3/G6 but I guess I can let them live if L3 would really like that.

But then I am relatively stuck on what to do, I don't think L1 is ever flipping wolf here.
What this means lynching that slot depends way too heavily on my read on G6 which isn't positive but it's not so scummy I am willing to make that call yet?

I disagree with the notion we should just off the pairs we don't see end gaming.
Sure offing L2/G4 wouldn't hurt us long term but by not getting people to scum reads I think we lose any chance we have to get better reads.

So I think going after top scum reads isn't needed to win but it would help us achieve the goal of finding the top T/T pair through the interactions and posts that are created by playing a regular game of mafia.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Lady 7 »

^ That post was in regards to L3.Misty's plan.
The comment on L1.Crys energy was unrelated but I felt like saying it.

Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 925, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 913, Gentleman 2 wrote:Gents 6 and 8 still must be paired up, so it leaves Gents 2, 3, 4 and 7. We need three brave ladies.
Why does Gentleman 6 have to be paired? Actually, at the moment I think he may be the best Gentleman to leave out.

In any case, I don't think a Lady voluntarily choosing to not pair in order to get more flips is a good idea. Personally, as a group I suspect people who are already paired more than people who aren't, and anyone who would agree to that plan is already more likely to be town than not.
In post 917, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 911, Gentleman 3 wrote:Funnily enough, I just realized that I don't like any of the pairs we have so far.
Do you mind if I ask which side of each pair is the unlikable bit? Or is it something inherent to the union itself?
In post 918, Gentleman 9 wrote:Why not g3
I don't like either one of Gentleman 9 or Lady 3. Neither are overtly all that scummy and I suspect that G9 proposed to L3 more out of recognition than game reasons, but I still don't like either. Sans is the weak point for me in his pairing. I think that earlier I said that I townread him, but I think over time I started to realize that that was more a function of him simply posting a lot and having decent commentary. I don't think he's done anything truly town-indicative. And finally my thoughts on Ghost (L8) I've talked about already. As I'm trying to make clear, these reads aren't strong by any means.

So as for if it's the people or the bond, in the G9-L3 case it is because of both of them, so I suppose the pair itself is fine as I have a similar read on the members. For the other two pairs, however, I would've preferred if L7 and G5 could've been paired with different people.
so like, I feel like your posts focus on "describing what's going on" rather than "actively responding to what's going on" in fact, going back to the ISO, I find that you have 1 set of clear opnion here, which is you don't like any of the pairing, which I opposed to since you were scumreading my pair and you agreed

but furthermore concentrating on L8-G5 pair, note explicitly the context was that G5 chose L8 because he thinks he can read L8 well. Based on your reads on L8, you should like that pairing rather than dislike. This makes me think that even when you are "describing what's going on", you're not actively interpreting
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1977, Lady 5 wrote:I’m ngl L3 we are a long way from a world where I’d be comfortable with you as an endgame pairing

Can you explain what went through your head on G7 as end of predance was unfolding?
I don't think it's an underdeveloped topic?

If it helps you any I'm a disciple of the Ankamius thesis that D1 scumflips can lose you the game if it doesn't produce information the right way. A wagon on G7 during dance1 could have been more valuable than his wallflowering. Especially as we'd be analyzing a wagon on a player who is playing the game rather than a man who is fascinated with fashionability but mostly isn't.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 1793, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1785, Gentleman 1 wrote:I’m definitely not reading all of this. Summary please?
My ISO is probably a rough parse, but I am active enough where you can likely form a read without reading it.

My scum read that matters the most right now is on Gentlemen 9, you should probably read through his ISO in particular if you want to be up to date on my town reads.

The pair I think has the highest odds of being town is Lady 6 the seal and Gentleman 3 Sherlock.
Otherwise the other pair I am sort of into is Gentlemen 5 boromir and Lady 8 the ghost. Lady 8 being the least confident of the bunch.

Not much has happened in terms of game actions for me to give you a good summary on so I am just listing notable players to you that you can try and depend on.

Those are pretty ok reads to anchor yourself on this game at the very least the town reads are.
This should help somewhat, thank you.
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Lady 5 »

*hugs*
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 1990, Lady 3 wrote:Ankamius
RIP
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

So I didn’t get much from that but I’d guess if you’re reading G9 as scum you’re reading L3 as town based on his treatment of her?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1989, Gentleman 9 wrote:so like, I feel like your posts focus on "describing what's going on" rather than "actively responding to what's going on" in fact, going back to the ISO, I find that you have 1 set of clear opnion here, which is you don't like any of the pairing, which I opposed to since you were scumreading my pair and you agreed

but furthermore concentrating on L8-G5 pair, note explicitly the context was that G5 chose L8 because he thinks he can read L8 well. Based on your reads on L8, you should like that pairing rather than dislike. This makes me think that even when you are "describing what's going on", you're not actively interpreting
Basically every single sentence in the post that you quoted is me giving my own opinion. I'm finding it difficult to match that with the idea that I was "describing what's going on".

Why should I like that pairing rather than dislike it? It was a pairing of someone who I townread and someone that I scumread. I would agree with you if they were both people that I scumread, but they aren't. What is it about my Lady 8 read that means that I should like that pairing?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

What wrong with Ankamius/Alyssa?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I believe the "RIP" was in reference to Ankamius' self-requested one year ban.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1994, Gentleman 1 wrote:So I didn’t get much from that but I’d guess if you’re reading G9 as scum you’re reading L3 as town based on his treatment of her?
Unfortunate that wasn't productive and I think I believe what Lady 3 Misty is saying recently.
So she is still probably town.

Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 1995, Gentleman 3 wrote:Basically every single sentence in the post that you quoted is me giving my own opinion. I'm finding it difficult to match that with the idea that I was "describing what's going on".

Why should I like that pairing rather than dislike it? It was a pairing of someone who I townread and someone that I scumread. I would agree with you if they were both people that I scumread, but they aren't. What is it about my Lady 8 read that means that I should like that pairing?
hmm I didn't explain clearly I guess.

I quoted the post because I find it to be one of the few posts where you actively form an opinion.

Then I argue that your opinion doesn't match up with the facts.

In particular, you weakly scumread L8. But G5 specifically said that he thinks he can sort L8. Therefore based on that context, there is no reason not to like that pairing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”