Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2047, Gentleman 1 wrote:For have them on your second-from-the-bottom read tier you seemed a little too unwilling to let him go. I don’t think it’s the unwillingness itself that’s bad, but that combined with his placement.
Who do you think I'm gonna vouch for to stay? The guy at the bottom of my list or the one above it who I thought was getting townier? And if you read the rest of my iso you'll see I was pushing for G4 to leave cause I found both G2/G7 townie
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2045, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 2043, Gentleman 1 wrote:Also can someone answer my question about whether callbacks to the last anonymous dance are common?
People referencing past dances are only G6.Anime Sherlock and L1.Cry.
No one else has done it as far as I know outside absurdly general and basic information.
p sure I did once
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 1489, Lady 1 wrote:I believe I am the hardest slot to read due to my alluring posting and complex motives.

I think G2 and G7 should make 1 final post each or something along those lines and then we move on. This is dragging on in circles.
In post 1495, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1494, Lady 1 wrote:Hot take: If you told me all the dirty wolves were in the guys I wouldn't call you crazy.
Still doesn't mean I won't stop from sending G1 and L7 down the river though
Which of these was the thing you meant to post wrt the Gentlemen mentioned?
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

The length of dance 1 is measured by players remaining, not by whether the change occured by votes or leave, so the pseudovoting is dumb

Spoiler:
Incidentally while rereading the rules I realized you can just afk for 8 days and give scum less information about how to perform the nightkill, then perform all the game's exiles in second dance. It's similar to no-voting in a 4p MeLo and forcing the mafia to remove an uncleared player. The downside is having 8 days to play the game instead of 16 but the playerlist is so fast that's probably not a problem. The bigger issue is needing to actually wait 8 days, it would probably harm game momentum enough that realistically the gains on how the nightkill was shifted aren't worth it.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

look, reading isn't my forte if it weren't already obvious

why would i read the rules? waste of time
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

Pokedex is excellent, but why do you say that L4 "picked town at the end"?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I guess because my frame of reference is L4.salad being scum which tends to exonerate G2.shades. I guess it doesn't actually, since all three of those players could be scum, but that's not how my mind was working. When you're puzzling it out you want there to be town in there.

If you want it to be a scumslip, then I want to see you go hard before you read the room, town!you shouldn't need to.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I'm still townread Gentleman 9. The issue about his progression isn't really an issue to me because as he mentioned, there were 400 posts in between when he said such a thing and there were legit reasons to prefer G7 over G2 at that point. His attitude towards L7 seems pretty confident, and I'm not scumreading it.
In post 1946, Lady 7 wrote:Scum reads him when he isn't trying.
Soft defends him when he is.

Isn't that exactly how wolves like to approach their buddies?
This reads a little conf biased to me. I was also scumreading G7 initially, but I did think he had the potential to flip his slot around. I think it's natural as town to scumread low-effort/trolling, but townread effort/signs of potential effort.
In post 1947, Gentleman 2 wrote:You understand me.
I don't see how it reads as forced.
In post 1967, Lady 1 wrote:So obviously they were prepared for his death and probably tried to make themselves look regardless if he got a partner or not.
Yep, G7 was probably not the deepwolf, and I agree that scum were probably more likely to bus him than defend him. On the other hand, I don't remember who exactly started the push in the direction of leaving him out, and that person is probably town.
In post 1969, Lady 3 wrote:I strongly think the best way to play dance1 is to vote out pairs where both halves of the pairing seem more likely than null to flip scum. I think this is much more effective than voting pairs where one player seems very, very scummy, and the other partner is nullish or townish.
:shifty:
Outside of this game, I would probably agree with what you're saying, but I also think my pairing fits this metric and I believe we're both town.
In post 1979, Gentleman 3 wrote:This exact progression was why I said earlier that Gentleman 9 seemed to not be partnered with Gentleman 7: his progression there seems fairly natural to me.
I'm going to assume you're talking about how you would expect an overall read on G7 to be established instead of you talking about how G9's posts about G7 had a good progression.

Anyways, townreading G3 slightly now. I might have been a little unfair and I think he has made a lot of valid points.
In post 1994, Gentleman 1 wrote:So I didn’t get much from that but I’d guess if you’re reading G9 as scum you’re reading L3 as town based on his treatment of her?
It's more like there's no way that they are both scum together barring truly insane play.
In post 2015, Gentleman 1 wrote:With L1, L2, and L5 being the ones I’d want to look into most, followed by L4 and L6.
I don't see why what G7 says affects the alignments of the ladies you mentioned.
In post 2046, Lady 1 wrote:making open wolf posts because that makes people mad for some reason
too true :mad:
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

I don’t think Lady 3 is terribly hurt by Gent 7’s flip. I’m pretty much on her side in 1965.
In post 1967, Lady 1 wrote:G7 wasn't a player the wolf team was ever going to expect to make end game. So obviously they were prepared for his death and probably tried to make themselves look regardless if he got a partner or not. If it was a highly contested slot that might be another story but I think we can all agree about G7.
I agree. I think Gent 7 towards the end of the day seemed pretty unsaveable, even if he were to go on a day. I think the way people perceived his initial entrance to the thread should be more telling for this reason. Allow me to check..

Would he extend an invitation to his scum partner out of the blue, just to have her reject him pretty quickly? Lady Seal 6 also advocated for saving Gent 2 over Gent 7 at the end of the day.
In post 641, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 633, Lady 5 wrote:Oh, I dislike gentleman 7’s entrance too
It's, uh, it's definitely an entrance.
Lady 5 rather disliked his entrance. I already TR Lady 5 so that seems to be a good sign. Lady 2 asks him to explain why he didn't like her a couple posts after this.

I like Seal Lady 6 and Gent 7's interactions on page 27. I would be impressed if they were theatreing.
In post 706, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 677, Lady 2 wrote:Including G7?
No I put him in same basket as G2
Lady 4 calls Gent 2 below other Gents. Lady 2 asks "Even G7?", and Lady 4 says they're the same.

Eh that wasn't terribly helpful. Gent 7 doesn't get talked about for a while. He has the stretch of posts that make him seem kind of frustrated with people having reads so early, more stuff about wanting Seal Lady 6...
Spoiler: Gent 7 and Lady 1
In post 904, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 898, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 895, Gentleman 7 wrote:Lady 1. Strongly held opinions with flimsy reason to be convinced. Overcompensating for rolling scum or bad at mafia.
In post 526, Lady 1 wrote:The fact I can't tell if Lady 7 is joking or now terrifies me
This post pings me negatively.

Not going to be my dance partner!
A) Wasn't gonna dance with you anyway
B) Super ironic
Bless your heart, my lady.
In post 906, Lady 1 wrote:I will be very sad if you are a wolf Gent 7. You do not have my heart but you do have my support
In post 910, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 906, Lady 1 wrote:I will be very sad if you are a wolf Gent 7. You do not have my heart but you do have my support
Then please grant me one favor, my lady 1, and let lady 6 know that she may risk an interesting dance with me, of course, but that I will never let her reputation be soiled should she accept my earnest and well-intentioned invitation.
In post 921, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 919, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 6 don't break my friend Gent 7s heart. You should dance with him
I unironically support this btw
These interactions feel decent for Lady 1 being town.

If she isn't though, the openwolfing has been incredible from her. Vocally advocating for Gent 7 to be paired off with not much reason.

Spoiler: More Lady 1
In post 1377, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1362, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1360, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1359, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1356, Lady 1 wrote:You're right. It's between G2/G7
Oh god they both suck so much.
I would not be surprised if both were town tbh.
To some degree maybe?
Which one in particular do you think we should leave out. I'd have to analyze both to figure it out.
Depends on if Gent 7 is going to stick with his gimmick or not because on a town Gent 2 flip I would probably suspect Gent 4 a lot more. But if Gent 7 is gonna just do this all game we can leave him alone even though I'm pretty confident on him being town
In post 1555, Lady 1 wrote:Killing number 7 is a huge mistake
doing so would make my heart ache
All you need to do is look at the signs
and you'll realize his posts are fine
In time you'll find the real fake
Had Gent 7 lived through that first phase and gone down later, I really think Cry Lady 1 would have ended up screwing herself as scum with all the hard defending without much reasoning.

i know it's too wolfy to be a wolf! I just would expect scum to take a way different approach to Gent 7.

Like if you're going to defend him, I wouldn't expect them to place him above Gent 2 ?? And write poems advocating for him? I'd expect them to be on equal ground reads-wise, but maybe give some contrived technical reason why Gent 7 is technically slightly better. That way you can't be held accountable
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1910, Lady 7 wrote:G9 doesn't have any posts that make me think he couldn't be aligned with G7.
I am not sure why his read on me adjusted from "hardest scum pair" to "This analysis is garbage" which to me feels like he is insinuating I am town?

I am going to reread his ISO and tell you what conclusions I come to.
I also want to know why his read on me/my pairing changed, which I've been wanting an answer to

@Gent 9

Or lady 3, if you could ask him, that's fine too
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1973, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1971, Lady 3 wrote:since I'm going to oppose my own exile regardless of degree.
Err

Why?
In post 1974, Lady 3 wrote:I envision this game having lots of universe where I leave g9 in f4 but if he can somehow show a town alignment in a way that outweighs his sins my pair can maybe potentially be final pair.

It's kind of hard to clearly explain my own views of the strategy of the setup and how that layers across how I'm reading g9.bananas, but to what extent it makes me sound scummy, that's less a shame because my pairing getting voted out isn't
bad

maybe that's why this game is so fun for me, it's like even lower stakes than a VT game, I feel about 30% jester. It's like something even more carefree on the spectrum from godfather>goon>doctor>vt->misty
This is nuts haha i love it

pedit: Gent 5 !!!!!!!!
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1921, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 721, Gentleman 9 wrote:I think it's productive to discuss which of the gentlemen we want to leave behind at this point. I liked Sherlock 3s entrance and I've been town reading teenisg4. Gorilla boy g7 is my least town gentleman read at the moment.

G9 where did this read go and why was it never brought up again?
In post 1625, Gentleman 9 wrote:I like the pairs in this order

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2
Gentleman 6 - Lady 1

Gentleman 3 - Lady 6* typo in fgs title post
Gentleman 1 - Lady 7
He doesn't have gent 2, gent 7, or lady 4 listed here
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1628, Gentleman 9 wrote:When 2-4 pairs up, it goes under 6-1. Although judging from everyone's nonchalance of which of 2 or 7 is paired with L4, I suspect both of them will be green
Nitpicking.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1948, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 1944, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1938, Gentleman 9 wrote:this "progression" is also 400 posts apart
Again, you had no reason to change the read.
I scouted your entire ISO, those 3 posts are your only mentions of the flipped wolf player.

And your read on him lines up with exactly how I expect wolves to treat their partner.

But you are just talking around me saying I am misrepresenting you.
It's actually crazy.
Sorry I appologise because apparently wolf player didn't post that much therefore I don't talk abt him that much

and give evidence on when gorilla was ever trying, in fact, I suggested a pair up with G2 precisely because he isn't trying and that might be just a phrase, which is what I think you said as well.
I'm scumreading this

Saying he didn't post much so you didn't respond much seems like an excuse

In reality you're just not responding to certain things
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1923, Lady 5 wrote:I’m really null on both L8 and G5, like individually and as a pair, and I’d like to speak to you both more during this phase
I'm available
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2057, Gentleman 4 wrote:Outside of this game, I would probably agree with what you're saying, but I also think my pairing fits this metric and I believe we're both town.
Well when you admit it's the best policy, then it will probably be widely adopted, so why don't you try to reach a state where a member of your pair is townreadable?
I recommend making your partner look good, that's fancier.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 2024, Lady 3 wrote:G1.Nagito I made you a pokedex to summarize the game
Spoiler:
I love your entry for me. Gent 5's could use some work. A great recap though!
In post 2030, Gentleman 1 wrote:Yeah L1 doesn’t look good to me at all. Seemed really agenda-driven pre dance, and seems to be attempting damage control now
Really? I'm curious about the damage control part..?
In post 2046, Lady 1 wrote:I'd pull up quotes if I townread my partner but this is a bit silly to me so I'll go back to calling the others wolfy and making open wolf posts because that makes people mad for some reason
Never change Cry Lady 1
In post 2047, Gentleman 1 wrote:I’m not saying you’re playing damage control for defending them, I’m saying you’re playing it for your questionable progression on them. For have them on your second-from-the-bottom read tier you seemed a little too unwilling to let him go. I don’t think it’s the unwillingness itself that’s bad, but that combined with his placement.
I didn't see the part you are talking about here. Cry Lady 1 used phrases like "I'm pretty sure he's town" referring to Gent 7, usually. Where did she have him at the second-bottom? My apologies if I'm being dumb and just missing it
In post 2050, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2047, Gentleman 1 wrote:For have them on your second-from-the-bottom read tier you seemed a little too unwilling to let him go. I don’t think it’s the unwillingness itself that’s bad, but that combined with his placement.
Who do you think I'm gonna vouch for to stay? The guy at the bottom of my list or the one above it who I thought was getting townier? And if you read the rest of my iso you'll see I was pushing for G4 to leave cause I found both G2/G7 townie
Sound about right
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

@L3 TBH, there aren't really a lot of null people but people who are townread by some and scumread by others. i think I'm probably the true null.
About L2. Her interactions with G7 don't really seem w/w to me. She initially pushes G7 for more explanation on some of the questionable things he said, and then decided that he's not worth sorting and probably scum. This seems fine to me.
There's nothing with interactions with G7 that can really clear her tbh, but nothing that makes me go "hmm".
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 818, Lady 1 wrote:[G9, G5,]
[G3 G6]
[G4 G7]
[G1, G2]

[L4 L5]
[L6 L8 L3]
[L2, L7]
This is where I’m seeing G7 being second-from-the-bottom, referring to the tiers

Though it might have been developed past this point, even with that I’m still skeptical about why G7 was getting poetry saying not to eliminate him versus G4 if G4 was really more of a townread.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 2056, Lady 3 wrote:If you want it to be a scumslip, then I want to see you go hard before you read the room, town!you shouldn't need to.
I don't think it was a scumslip. I thought it was a read, and I was curious about it.

Even if it wasn't a read and it was a mistake, it's easy for town to fall into the trap of thinking that G2/G7 couldn't both be scum. True scumslips are extremely rare.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 2068, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 818, Lady 1 wrote:[G9, G5,]
[G3 G6]
[G4 G7]
[G1, G2]

[L4 L5]
[L6 L8 L3]
[L2, L7]
This is where I’m seeing G7 being second-from-the-bottom, referring to the tiers

Though it might have been developed past this point, even with that I’m still skeptical about why G7 was getting poetry saying not to eliminate him versus G4 if G4 was really more of a townread.
AH i remember now. Sorry about that.

I see what you're getting at, then. The poetry was while it was just down to Gent 2 and Gent 7 though. There was a point where it was Gent 2/7/6/4 alive, and I take it Lady 1 chose 4 out of them to be the one left behind.

I don't really know what motivated Lady 1 to suddenly have such confidence in Gent 7 being town over Gent 2 towards the late stages of the day. But it just seems like a poor idea if she's scum. He had a great chance of dying there and her poetry realistically wasn't going to do anything
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Yeah actually that doesn’t read as any sort of recognizable agenda with that correction, still not a fan of the damage control but it’s probably not enough to substantiate a vote rn
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Just to make it clear the damage control thing isn’t really related to any other concerns, I just noticed L1’s action in First Dance felt like that and called it as I saw it
Because I feel like I might have made it seem like the damage control was related to the agenda point, and it wasn’t really.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2024, Lady 3 wrote:G1.Nagito I made you a pokedex to summarize the game
Spoiler:
How am I UTR?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

if it were me, i'd be asking "where do you get off saying i have the charisma of a bowl of sour cream?"

she didn't exactly say that word for word, but it was more or less the implication
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”