Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2095, Gentleman 1 wrote:well G7 flipped mafia, kinda would be a point for L2?
Why would that be a point for L2?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 2097, Gentleman 5 wrote:I think this is suspicious, because Lady 2 does not want to end up with Gent 7 (because they will both end up dead, very likely), yet still potentially wants Gent 7 to pair with somebody else, so she needs to pair up at that moment, while trying not to look too hasty by "giving people time to object".
This only makes sense if you think that G4 was going to pair up with someone else if I waited too long. I was clearly leaning toward pairing with G4 from the start, so I didn't really have to wait at all, and I was looking specifically for someone to say "L2, you should not pair with G4 for this reason."

As it was I don't see why I should have been afraid of being narrowed down to G7 or someone else, and even if I were, I wouldn't mind at all letting G7 get left out because he was almost certainly going to die early even if he wasn't.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2044, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2043, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2038, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2029, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 1907, Lady 1 wrote:Wtf Gent 7 was a vampire who did that gimmic all game? I'm like, disappointed and surprised at the same time
This refers to the insistence on pairing with L6 right

How is that a not-scum gimmick? Like, wut *visible confusion*
I apologize for thinking G7 would put in effort into the game and not be useless as scum.

Clearly I should be executed for such assumptions
That’s probably a smaller portion of the “damage control” portion of your ISO

Also can someone answer my question about whether callbacks to the last anonymous dance are common?
I have nothing to damage control. Did I think Gent 7 was town? Yeah and I knew when I saw the flip I was gonna get pushed but that doesn't mean my points are false.

No one was gonna go to end game with Gent 7 he wasn't trying. So in my mind scum are more likely going to bus him then defend him. If you think that's false than prove me wrong. But you just saying I look bad because I defended the not trying scum isn't really a point.
I'd like to talk with you sometime. What do you think is likely right now? Who should we be aiming for, null/null pairs, or townread/scumread pairs?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 2099, Gentleman 5 wrote:Not an objection but you still should have thought about who you wanted to leave, but you never engaged with that point.
I didn't have a particular pick for who I wanted to leave. I had no scumreads at that point, I think that was documented. But I didn't want G4 to leave and I didn't want to pair with anyone other than G4.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Did you not want g4 to leave, or did you want to dance with g4?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2103, Lady 2 wrote:But I didn't want G4 to leave and I didn't want to pair with anyone other than G4.
dawwww
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1369, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1366, Lady 3 wrote:I objected!
You didn't really suggest an alternative though :X and you seemed to be okay with it with your posts just now.

Anyway one of the main reasons I was holding out was if the IC decided he wanted to pair with me and/or direct my pairing. At this point I wouldn't have wanted to pair with G2 or G7 anyway.
In post 1351, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1341, Lady 6 wrote:L2, who are your scum reads? If you have any
I don't, but I wouldn't shed any tears over losing any of G2/G6/G7.
Hmm...

I have Gent 4 as hard null, so your pair makes the most sense to get rid of at this point in time.

What do you think?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

ur 2 good for g4.tennis
I didn't express it clearly enough tho
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2100, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 2095, Gentleman 1 wrote:well G7 flipped mafia, kinda would be a point for L2?
why would scum just leave their partner out to dry just like that? It seems rather foolish, do you think the mafia would have been hurt more by them pairing than losing a number immediately?
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2108, Gentleman 1 wrote:
why would scum just leave their partner out to dry just like that? It seems rather foolish, do you think the mafia would have been hurt more by them pairing than losing a number immediately?
The choice wasn't between Lady 2 pairing and Gent 7 dying. Gent 7 still had a few more chances at getting a partner.
A pairing with Gent 7 in it in which somebody else dies and is town is very unlikely to reach end game. Which is a very not good thing if two anti-town players are paired together
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 818, Lady 1 wrote:[G9, G5,]
[G3 G6]
[G4 G7]
[G1, G2]

[L4 L5]
[L6 L8 L3]
[L2, L7]
Do you still feel this way about Gent 9?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2107, Lady 3 wrote:I didn't express it clearly enough tho
I feel lucky :lol:
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

okay I got mixed up since both 2s paired with both 4s
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

t b h if i were a scum lady (and i swear i'm not but i can understand if people don't trust me), i would have been worried about how long i'd have survived with gentleman 7 as my partner, so i wouldn't give anyone any real points for not partnering with him

partnering with him would have been like trying to patch the holes in the titanic with some sticky tape. might have just barely slowed down the sinking of the ship, maybe? probably not
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2112, Gentleman 1 wrote:okay I got mixed up since both 2s paired with both 4s
ok, I see what you're saying.

I do think that there is a lot of risk for Lady 4 to choose Gent 7 if they are both scum; that pairing almost certainly dies at some point, while the current pairing has much better chances of making it through. I'm not calling Lady 4 scum, I'm just explaining why she would do that if she were scum
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 2108, Gentleman 1 wrote:
Gent 7 was kinda in give-up mode towards the end of the predance. I don't think he'd have lasted long in this phase. It makes sense for scum to disown him more than it does for them to try and keep him alive, since he was going to die sooner or later, imo.

There's an argument that maybe he would've tried to turn around and start playing, but he wasn't really giving me those vibes. I think he was going to stay unhappy with the game and would probably be encouraging his teammates to bus at this point-- see .
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2113, Gentleman 8 wrote:t b h if i were a scum lady (and i swear i'm not but i can understand if people don't trust me), i would have been worried about how long i'd have survived with gentleman 7 as my partner, so i wouldn't give anyone any real points for not partnering with him

partnering with him would have been like trying to patch the holes in the titanic with some sticky tape. might have just barely slowed down the sinking of the ship, maybe? probably not
Yes

I don't think Gent 7 was saveable by scum pairing with him

Scum were hoping he'd manage to pair with town.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2115, Lady 8 wrote:Gent 7 was kinda in give-up mode towards the end of the predance.
I think he was in AtE and Lamist mode and hoping we fell for it and gave him the dance, but it ended up backfiring and many people thought he was more suspicious, not less, when he started doing that.

I think we can read into that part. He pulled that and then a few people immediately called him out on it
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Spoiler: Reactions
In post 1400, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 1398, Gentleman 7 wrote:The important thing is to identify the winning town-town pair.
Who do you think that is?
In post 1405, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1397, Lady 6 wrote:I think they both could be town, but I feel stronger about G2.

Which slot do you think would be easier for you to sort, Lady 4?
Errrrppfj
G7 I think
In post 1398, Gentleman 7 wrote:You can take G2 over me. The important thing is to identify the winning town-town pair. My survival isn't necessary.
This reeks town but also scum knows that saying this reeks town
In post 1406, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 1402, Gentleman 7 wrote:G5 L8 is town-town

L5 I can see as town.

Why do you scumread me L6?
I uh, don't?

I thought #1398 was pretty LAMIST but I don't have any explicit scum read on you

I just find more reason for G2 to be town than you
In post 1408, Gentleman 4 wrote:G7, why do you think letting G2 pair with L4 instead of you is better than letting yourself pair with L4?
In post 1409, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1408, Gentleman 4 wrote:G7, why do you think letting G2 pair with L4 instead of you is better than letting yourself pair with L4?
I'll be honest I want him to die for that.
In post 1411, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1410, Gentleman 7 wrote:I don't trust L4 to keep us alive long enough for me to have an impact on the outcome even if she's town.
L4, how do you feel about this?
In post 1415, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1414, Gentleman 7 wrote:Just choose. I will respect your decision either way.
Don’t rush things. Gentleman 2 hasn’t even spoken yet.
In post 1418, Gentleman 9 wrote:is this ate
In post 1419, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1418, Gentleman 9 wrote:is this ate
I don't think so because it seems to be legit what he is thinking.
Idk though...
In post 1420, Lady 3 wrote:reachy maybe but
If G7.bandana was anticipating expressing disinterest in pre-dance and leaving pre-dance, how likely would he be to go to the trouble of modifying his avatar.
Maybe he was anticipating LAMISTing into dance 1 instead?
In post 1424, Lady 5 wrote:Wait no, how did I express that so badly

I mean I want G2 to stay, and G7 to leave

Sorry
In post 1425, Lady 7 wrote:G7's current thoughts don't feel consistent with his earlier play.
If the game was as simple as a single town town pair he wouldn't deem predance worthless as that would be the only phase that actually matters.

I want him dead.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2116, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 2113, Gentleman 8 wrote:t b h if i were a scum lady (and i swear i'm not but i can understand if people don't trust me), i would have been worried about how long i'd have survived with gentleman 7 as my partner, so i wouldn't give anyone any real points for not partnering with him

Yes

I don't think Gent 7 was saveable by scum pairing with him

Scum were hoping he'd manage to pair with town.
I'm not envisioning G7.bandana being cooperative in his scum PT
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Of those, I like gent 9's response the least. It was a soft reaction and came after Lady 7's very hard "I want him to die for that"
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2119, Lady 3 wrote:I'm not envisioning G7.bandana being cooperative in his scum PT
I don't see how that matters

I don't think Gent 7 was giving up, I think he wanted us to think that he was town "giving up" so we'd take him

His partners did not want to pair with him. But did they want to bus, or did they want him to pair with a town player and then potentially bus later
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 2106, Gentleman 5 wrote:I have Gent 4 as hard null, so your pair makes the most sense to get rid of at this point in time.

What do you think?
The thing about G4 is that I feel like he's been playing very similarly to me. Engaging and analyzing, prioritizing discussion over conclusions, and just generally trying to get his thoughts out there and say things that make sense. That's one of the reasons that I wanted to pair with him, beyond just townreading him. I thought we would work well together and he also doesn't seem the type to impulsively walk out on me.

I guess it's not really surprising that people are reading him as null. But it is surprising that people are reading him as null while having stronger reads on me, who is doing much of the same things.

I feel like his play has been by and large without agenda and geared toward contributing to the town's discussion rather than misleading it. I also feel like if he's scum and was planning to go longterm he would be more preoccupied with picking a lady that has survivability, because at the time he proposed to me I think public opinion was mostly not liking me.

Essentially I like what he has been saying and don't see any scum agenda so if he's scum either he's just not planning to endgame at all (in which case I would think he'd probably shut up and not give associations) or he is and he's just hoping that the reads on our pairing magically come around to being townier without him doing anything. Which is not impossible. But Occam's razor says it's unlikely.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 2104, Gentleman 5 wrote:Did you not want g4 to leave, or did you want to dance with g4?
Both, see the post I just made. I townread him and thought I would work well with him.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 709, Lady 6 wrote:Gentleman 7, you should ask someone else to dance, I don't plan on accepting your invitation
In post 743, Lady 6 wrote:I would prefer Gent 7 left out over Gent 2 btw

I've been thinking about it and I think Gent 2 going after Gent 4 rather than searching for a partner on popping in is slightly more likely to be town than scum

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”