clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:40 am

Post by clidd »

In post 191, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 153, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I am curious Isis, how much of a main thread do you follow in a game once you are eliminated?
I'd rather send to heaven a strong town player who has told us their final reads, and WHO WON'T keep up, and then will do a reread if we get to judgment day.

I think reading a mature game (like, actually reading the thing) without many preconceptions is probably the strongest town weapon. It's why town replacements into a game can be killer if done by a strong player.
I didn't find this useful, for example ^

I don't want to see boring, but this type of advice is generic in my opinion and seems to try to give the impression that you are trying to verbalize something pro-town, when in reality you are only emphasizing something of common sense.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:45 am

Post by clidd »

If we are going to discuss something mechanical, regardless of being a setup/strategy, let it be something objective and of short duration. Unless, of course, if we are in a critical situation (deadline, lylo, judgment day, etc.)
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:50 am

Post by clidd »

The discussion of posts/motivations/players /meta seems to me much more relevant.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 200, clidd wrote:I don't want to see boring, but this type of advice is generic in my opinion and seems to try to give the impression that you are trying to verbalize something pro-town, when in reality you are only emphasizing something of common sense.
Glad you think my strategy is common sense.

Do you think policing conversations is AI?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also, nobody should make AI determinations from strategy discussions. Nobody has a motivation to say anything that isn't what they perceive to be optimal strategy, or at least a moderately good one.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:02 am

Post by clidd »

In post 203, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 200, clidd wrote:I don't want to see boring, but this type of advice is generic in my opinion and seems to try to give the impression that you are trying to verbalize something pro-town, when in reality you are only emphasizing something of common sense.
Glad you think my strategy is common sense.

Do you think policing conversations is AI?
I suppose that was not the original message of this post.

Yes, depending on how they occur.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:04 am

Post by clidd »

In post 204, Green Crayons wrote:Also, nobody should make AI determinations from strategy discussions. Nobody has a motivation to say anything that isn't what they perceive to be optimal strategy, or at least a moderately good one.
Ok, and what is the connection between that and what I said ?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 200, clidd wrote:seems to try to give the impression that you are trying to verbalize something pro-town
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Cthylla »

clidd is an angelread

EE you've seen me gimmick all the time
eg posting like i learnt English from a llama as Hoctac in that large game
and then i got killed N1 lol
or posting with anime reaction images as Hel
i could go on

you really think the change in style could be scum-indicative?
sorry ! this just gets to me soemtimes because some people like Titus scumread me in every game because they see a change in playstyle and associate that with me being scum
it's a sigh ?_?
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:16 am

Post by clidd »

I don't think that you do not consider that continually speculating strategies causes an NAI impression.

Other point is that if you spend your time doing this, the time you could be actively scumhunting is subtracted.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:23 am

Post by clidd »

Correction:
I don't think that you consider that continually speculating *

- This isn't a freudian slip, I'm not native to english.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 208, Cthylla wrote:EE you've seen me gimmick all the time
eg posting like i learnt English from a llama as Hoctac in that large game
and then i got killed N1 lol
or posting with anime reaction images as Hel
i could go on

you really think the change in style could be scum-indicative?
sorry ! this just gets to me soemtimes because some people like Titus scumread me in every game because they see a change in playstyle and associate that with me being scum
it's a sigh ?_?
Except this has less to do with your gimmick and more to do with the strength of your reads. You usually seem less sure about people's alignments than you're letting on here.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm saying people should actively work against drawing AI conclusions from strategy discussions.

I can walk and chew bubble gum, and have fishing lines out waiting for some bites. You've been the biggest distraction that's keeping me talking not about mechanics strategy, but talking about talking about mechanics strategy. I think
that's
AI as it looks like you're hunting when you're not.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 208, Cthylla wrote:clidd is an angelread
hard pass on this take
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Where do you cross the border between gimmick play and playstyle change Hectic?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 211, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You usually seem less sure about people's alignments than you're letting on here.
In post 115, Cthylla wrote:the "happy with my vote" bit i didn't like
don't know why but maybe cuz it feels like he's putting unreasonable confidence in something which doesn't warrant it?
What are the odds that Cthylla misreading my comment as a show of "unreasonable confidence" was em telling on emself.

Very small. But that would be delicious.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:32 am

Post by clidd »

In post 212, Green Crayons wrote:I'm saying people should actively work against drawing AI conclusions from strategy discussions.

I can walk and chew bubble gum, and have fishing lines out waiting for some bites. You've been the biggest distraction that's keeping me talking not about mechanics strategy, but talking about talking about mechanics strategy. I think
that's
AI as it looks like you're hunting when you're not.
This does not change the fact that there are AI impressions of your strategy posts.

This analogy didn't make sense and I'm looking at your answers to get an AI impression of your reasoning. I also find it difficult that you don't consider this side.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:34 am

Post by clidd »

I'll take a look at something, back later.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

walk and chew bubble gum is a saying that just means you can do two things at once.

if you're trying to get AI from strategy discussion, you're doing it wrong for the reasons I've already stated. glad we've successfully gone full circle on this. want to continue to spin tires?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 40, Cthylla wrote:EE is demonic btw cuz sniping alts is a slight scumtell
just something ez to talk about and demons will care less about the person wanting to keep identity hidden cuz they're not thinking of that they're just thinking of how they look

VOTE: EE
In post 215, Green Crayons wrote:What are the odds that Cthylla misreading my comment as a show of "unreasonable confidence" was em telling on emself.
What are the odds that Hectic was annoyed at me for outing his alt because he was afraid he'd get exposed by a meta tell so easily?

- Bunno
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Hayasaka »

Good morning everyone o7
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Cthylla »

i change playstyle and gimmick across alts
sureness of reads are part of playstyle and i have plenty of town and scum games where i act very sure about reads
and also plenty where i act or am unsure about them
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Cthylla »

good morning! o9
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Cthylla »

could you point towards where i seemed sure of my reads here EE?
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 221, Cthylla wrote:
i change playstyle and gimmick across alts
sureness of reads are part of playstyle and i have plenty of town and scum games where i act very sure about reads
and also plenty where i act or am unsure about them
I sort of understand this, this account has a functioN as well although it's not completely clear unless I told you what it was. Although to some degree I disagree with the notion of "faking confidence" since so many levels of mafia tend to get lost while playing over text I feel like that is something that should be preserved. But I guess it wasn't your choice to out so there isn't much you could have done about this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”