[SETUP] The King's New Robes

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Nahdia »

worth noting that Oracle and Tailor are already roles on MS with different mechanics. but like u said it being an open, probably fine. there aren't mafiawiki equivilents are far as i know because reveal mechanics haven't really been toyed with too much here.

not sure if im just misreading but it doesn't look like you specified that actress learns the role of their target at the end of the night as well. is that intentional?

as for balance, i imagine it's scumsided with only 1 misexecute. the bride's reveal is only effective if it hits a tailor or an actress that targeted them so usually, all it does is make the bride an IC.

ill also just say that i generally caution people about designing setups like this. this is effectively borderline no reveal, which is already extremely difficult to pull off in forum mafia. not saying just throw it out, but be aware that it's the kind of setup that will only be run successfully if you have a very committed and invested playerlist.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”