Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Town

Hayasaka: obv-town from her play. that she wants to heaven me after I've apparently been the biggest champion of "hayasaka = town" means she's unlikely to be scum.

Norwegian: lean town. i switched Norwegian in the order above Dann, because his GC vote doesn't align with Norwegian-scum. I'm pretty sure I've been mum about his slot's alignment until my catch-up post, so looking to sideline me after that fact nets him some town points. he still hasn't done anything to rock the boat, though, so he maintains lean status.

Dannflor: lean town. he hasn't played today, so this hasn't moved, other than him slipping in the town ranks.

Scum:

Walter: lean scum. Walter was null, but he has been sitting on the fence about my slot all game. him deciding that I should be heavened today seems inorganic, which kicks him down from null to lean scum.

Isis: scum. I don't see anything from her posts today that changes my mind from yesterday. playing footsie with heavening me bumps her down from a lean to a full read.

Cthylla: scum for the reasons i mentioned yesterday and earlier today.

Null:

Clidd: ugh. I don't like how he's interacted with my slot. I do think some of his justifications for that interaction can be explained with reasons that show his interactions aren't AI. I would need to look at that game he linked and think hard about it, which tbh is a lot of mental work I don't really want to do. Both my town and scum reads are seeing him as town, which is frustrating because I can WIFOM it both ways. I think I'll be able to sort him out once we get a red flip or, short of that, his interaction with my scum reads.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:26 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

Agreed with green cranyon on the cthylla posts.
I also think the speed this wagon is moving indicates gc is town.
need to see more from Dannflor before voting.
pedit
GC, I am not exactly saying full steam ahead on your slot.

It had crossed my mind though that Clidd is pushing for you as a scum buddy / get rid of if he was scum.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 46, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Isis you just ignored my question in favour of talking about cards. WHY is your text Purply?
Demonic post. Unless he's very hurt at being ignored, he's implying Isis was ignoring his alignment-indicative question. Which it absolutely is not.
In post 55, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:3 people in rvs on norboy.
That seems strange, what did he do?
Demonic post. RVS is RVS, a wagon of 3 isn't unusual. My vote on Norwee (the third) however had reasons attached, so why is he asking?
In post 58, Hayasaka wrote:I should really play the game though as happy as I am to see Isis order my favorite card and would love to stay off topic.
I think one of Isis or Cthylla is scum here, I think scum have the most incentive to open up the game with this much presence.

Similarly to the way scum tend to open up theme games strongly because they spent time getting hyped up already. I think scum would look and see their win con involves getting sent to heaven and would promptly decide to open up the game like this to try and achieve an early pocket.
I'm lost on this now. On one hand, it's towny because Hayasaka is thinking about how scum would want to enter this game, yet on the other hand is it not something you want to keep to yourself for a bit longer, to see how active people remain, and considering a couple hadn't even posted by this point, so many not have realised the game had begun? It's not as towny as I originally thought for the latter logic.
In post 64, Isis wrote:
Spoiler: Moderator question, do not open unless you are Morning Tweet
Pandora says thank you for modding <3
Pocketing the mod so that they're less kind to town in granting deadline extensions is a common scum strat. I'm onto you.
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:36 am

Post by clidd »

Ok, thanks GC.

I think you're the only player at the moment who doesn't see me as town and that's a point outside the curve in my view (in a good way), which is why you're the most likely angel here. It is suicide for you to have this line of thought as a demon.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:38 am

Post by clidd »

It isn't a good/correct pov, but it's more likely coming from a personal genuine reasoning than not.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 82, Hayasaka wrote:I think your energy is headed into way too many OOG posts for me to be able to think you are trying to actually pocket anyone.
Don't get this.
In post 85, Cthylla wrote:say hello to my minion, destroyer of worlds

Spoiler:
Very cool. Townlocking this.
In post 93, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: Isis

I am, quite literally, compelled to skim your posts because of that typeface(?), font(?), whatever choice.
Demonic. I don't think he's faking the irritation at the font, but consciously voting someone for it is weird. Green Crayons is good enough to know it doesn't make Isis a demon, and from what I've seen of him from the nightless game, he's a very intelligent and reasonable player, who pushed people for reasons that actually make them scum. Demon!Crayons is voting Isis here because he thinks it'll make him look good.
In post 101, Isis wrote:
I don't think we are focusing enough discussion on how amazing Hectic's kitty is
Again with the unwarranted attacks. Calling my eater of universes a "kitty" is blasphemous.

Dannflor has some towny posts when asking me about Green Crayons.
In post 116, Cthylla wrote:Norwee + Green Crayons + Isis is the page 5 power solve <: )
Not a bad solve. Should we sheep this guy? He gives me paragon vibes.
In post 124, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 115, Cthylla wrote:
Green Crayons has played with Isis before !
the "happy with my vote" bit i didn't like
don't know why but maybe cuz it feels like he's putting unreasonable confidence in something which doesn't warrant it?
i should know isis's early game play from playing one game with her = dumb take

also lol i forgot how she entered that game, and also it's not comparable to here so = double dumb take

"happy with my vote" as in, i'm happy to take hay's theory down the Isis chute in responding to why hay wanted to go the Cth route
You should know Isis memes as town, given you played very recently with her = good take.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:41 am

Post by clidd »

In relation to the other reads, I can see how you got there.

Pedit: jesus.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:43 am

Post by clidd »

You're considering that Hayasaka is wrong town then ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:44 am

Post by clidd »

It seems to me that you're shading people more than trying to solve.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 126, Isis wrote:
Hay is a terrible nickname for Hayasaka and I am going to call her Narset until she asks me to stop which might be immediately
Agree.

(I know some of these posts and responses are to NAI stuff, but I'm trying to keep myself entertained)
In post 128, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 118, Isis wrote:
My entrance in Green Crayons's game is beautiful and deserves to be linked, I broke my new main in by trying to roleplay some weird cross site newbie.

I think knowing my meta or not GC's entrance seems scummier than rand, that perception is colored by Krazy bitching about my font on Purg1 as an excuse not to read my content. I don't think that's far from what GC did here. I posted like, a read and a half already, I think.
the black background is legitimately hard to read on my phone. it hurts my eyes.

i switched to my laptop for this game.
The word "legitimately" is demonic here, but I thought Word was demonic for using "genuinely", and we saw how that ended.
In post 142, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Chtylla you seem a bit more confident than ususl. Is it because you are an eldritch abomination for whom human emotions are an foreign concept. Or does it have to do with me FINALLY seeing something new about you based on rand?
I don't, and Norwee even pointed out later that I had similarly "confident" tone as Hel - it's just my regular tone probably. Wonder where he got the feeling from in the first place then.
In post 152, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Yeah, that is a good point.
It serves both win conditions.
Something to consider for heaven phase,
Do we send a more town read person or do we send a less town read person?
Actually this answer could be affected on flip of H1 so yeah.
@ Everyone
Would you attempt during the first heaven phase to send a mostly town person or a lesser town read person?

Pedit that is interesting.
This and following posts from Walter are quite demonic. His response times to Norwee are very long, like he's carefully formulating his posts, and it's about a relatively unimportant topic at the time that he's treating quite seriously.

Pedit: I'm giving my unfiltered thoughts on the thread, clidd.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 am

Post by clidd »

Ok, do you have anything more to say GC ? You're going to heaven today.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Cthylla »

I'm skipping ahead and talking about this reads list.

In post 490, Green Crayons wrote:Hurrah. I read the thread.

---

clidd: lean scum. I don't like his fixation on me.
After a page or two of plenty others talking about mechanics strategy, he focuses on me, draws us into a 1v1, later declares 1v1 likely to be tvt, and then calls it a day.
This is a lean and not a full scum read because, upon seeing the Word-town flip, his discussion about still supporting the Word elimination before the Word-town flip seems town.

Why is any of the highlighted demonic? He's listed out what happened but explained why it's demonic in any way.

Cthylla: scum. Passing over his initial reason to vote me, on the basis that my perspective of that reasoning might be biased, I think he's more likely scum because his suspicions seem to wait until thread approval. For example, he seemed followed Dannflor's, Walter's, and Norwegian's suspicions to Word; he followed clidd's suspicion for onto and then away from GC; and then hammered Word in a pretty scummy hammer post that rushed the day to a premature end.

This is false. I express my concern at Word early in , and before there's any votes on him. When asked, I explain my reasons in . Rather than looking at my reasons and talking about whether GC thinks they're fabricated or not, he's reducing his reasoning to a surface-level "he voted Word only once there were other votes on him."

Dannflor: lean town. I think I saw one post early game that struck me as maybe scummish, but I read his Word justification posts are being pretty open. Overall Dann has been a nonentity relative to everyone else, and so only a lean read here.

Isis: lean scum. I think her push on Word was objectively bad. Town can be wrong but the 350s interaction between Isis/Word, ending with her vote in as being "way too dissonant" just looks manufactured. I also think Word had a point that her walls make her look more productive than actually being productive. it's hard to follow threads of conversations when people respond to walls. Also, some of her content towards me looks like make-work. Take , where she thinks my explanation "doesn't make sense," she essentially retypes what happened in a way that shows she understands perfectly. This is only a lean because I think suspicions based on posting style get half credit.

He's saying it's hard for people to follow threads of conversation when responding in walls, this is only demonic if he thinks Isis is intentionally doing this with that intended effect, which seems ridiculous. He also has a lot to say about Isis here which feels a little TMI in some places. Could be a partner.

NorwegianboyEE: lean town. I view Norwegian as in the same basket as Dann. They're present, and have made substantive posts, but haven't rocked the boat for me to get strong AI feelings one way or the other. For both Dannflor and Norwegian, gun to my head I'd say town but I'm not comfortable enough to commit to beyond a lean read atm.

"haven't rocked the boat for me to get strong AI feelings one way or the other." should not equate to "lean town"

Hayasaka: town. This is a stupid little thing, but I think town are more likely to openly state their desire to be heavened rather than scum, and so on my reread jumped out to me. Hayasaka raises a perfectly good strategy to think up and follow on page 3, which nets town points. Her Page 14 posts are all open and town to me. And similar to the town pings I get from clidd's twilight commentary about Word, I think her support for the Word lynch before the Word-town flip is more likely to come from town.

I openly stated my desire to heavened too, did he forget that? He's applying his reasoning selectively which is a very bad sign.

Green Crayons: me

WaltertheDunce10: null. tbh I forget Walter is in this game until he posts.

--

Town

Hayasaka
Dannflor
Norwegian
Walter
Clidd
Isis
Cthylla

Scum
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Cthylla »

Another reads list so early from GC in also feels demonic - he literally just posted one the previous day. It's a demon who's
this
close to being heavened, so is putting in the final bit of effort to get there.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 621, clidd wrote:What are your impressions on the players in general ?
Clidd did ask him for those actually. Not that he has to comply with another reads list, but that previous point is a lot more moot.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Has there been games where Hectic doesn’t SR me?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 628, clidd wrote:Ok, thanks GC.

I think you're the only player at the moment who doesn't see me as town and that's a point outside the curve in my view (in a good way), which is why you're the most likely angel here. It is suicide for you to have this line of thought as a demon.
It really isn't though. Having an anti-consensus read isn't suicide at all if you can justify it well. It also helps himself get heavened over you.

Yeah... I strongly townread you when I was the cat, Norwee.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Cthylla »

VOTE: clidd

I would heaven clidd or Dannflor today.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:13 am

Post by clidd »

I'm confused with Hectic this game.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Isis »

In post 642, clidd wrote:I'm confused with Hectic this game.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:20 am

Post by clidd »

I'll take a break, back later.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 618, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 584, clidd wrote:Ok, Hectic. From what I understand from your text, you are trying to give me the view that you can see that I am town and also see that I am wrong about you.

The problem is that as much as it is true what you said (about scum!You know how to trick me into having a townread on you), I really didn't feel anything that told me that you are town, and that's crucial to me.
I think this is what you’re saying in this post, but my interpretation is that Hectic’s post of “Scum me knows how to play town you, and I’m telling you how I’d do that, and so you should understand me to be town” seems like a scum who can’t generate town points some other way, so is trying to manufacture something he’d think town might like.
Spinning this to look scummy is also demonic. Why don't I just do the things clidd likes to see come from town then? I've done it before, most recently in that 3 scum in one hood game, if you remember that clidd.

clidd
Dannflor
Hayasaka
NorwegianboyEE
Walter
Isis
Green Crayons

I hope you aren't laughing at me right now, Morning.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Isis »

In post 624, Cthylla wrote:
In post 29, Isis wrote:
Hectic wanna see a cute waifu magic card I spent all my birthday money on
In post 117, Isis wrote:
The Chrome extension is here. The company also has an extension for Hectic's idiosyncratic preferred browser, here.
Our previous game:
In post 1431, Isis wrote:Is pocketing Hectic a good strat? for some reason I never do that
The thing I was thinking could be demon-indicative from Isis early on was this. I got the feeling this was the game she tried to pocket me as a demon early on.
Is this meming or do you actually think I would do that, and that's how I would do that? I don't know if I believe you think this.
In the same exploratory vein as my post in achievement mafia, is it possible to pocket Hectic without doing anything more than rickrolling him and showing him magic cards? for some reason I never do that
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's easy to pocket Hectic, watch me do it right now.

Hey, Hectic! I like your tie!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Cthylla »

Thanks, Norwee! I don't know why, but I suddenly have very good feelings about you.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Isis »

It's not fair for Norwee to get as much practice as scum as he gets
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”