Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

next up is norwegian

going to ignore his GC vote

i don't like his series of posts where he throws shade on basically everyone who isn't in play for today. he went from being a pretty quiet player not rocking the boat, and now he's exploded with deep state theories, pointing to a somewhat consensus town block as where the thread should look for today (clidd/isis/dann/gc) rather than the "low-hanging fruit."

idk, Cth and Walter don't feel like low hanging fruit, they just look like the good candidates for scum. i don't know why town wouldn't focus our attention there, where there's a higher likelihood of scum in a fewer number of players. given the better chance at hitting scum between Cth/Walter, rather than looking at the other 5 players, i think it's AI to try to get the thread to look away from the smaller scumpool.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler: We are all sinners in the hands of an angry god
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't think Hectic is lhf in any of his games tbf
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by clidd »

Sounds offensive.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Isis »

??
"Well, I..."
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by clidd »

The term "low hanging fruit"
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

as for my good friend Cth:

votes walter because questions are busywork. i don't disagree that just asking Qs is busywork, but flimsy basis for a vote on D3

his is real conspiracy theory stuff. like, what i would consider to be a bastard mod territory theory. at best this is anti-town, at worst pro-scum, to invite convo to get paranoid about a heavening a town.

and then, for the majority of his play since yesterday, i don't like his interaction with walter. it feels *very* experienced-arguer-versus-novice-arguer, who is trying to win on technicalities on showing walter to be objectively wrong about A Thing, when that's not particularly AI (town are wrong a lot about a lot of things). this looks like scum trying to be active down a line of argument he can pursue.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by clidd »

In my interpretation, but I believe it must be common in your language.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1231, Green Crayons wrote:his post 1148 is real conspiracy theory stuff. like, what i would consider to be a bastard mod territory theory. at best this is anti-town, at worst pro-scum, to invite convo to get paranoid about a heavening a town.
hmmm
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1224, clidd wrote:I don't think my reasoning is normal for you to analyze rationally, GC. Feelings/sensations/imagination are not tangible.
yeah

it's just disharmonious with how i play
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1232, clidd wrote:In my interpretation, but I believe it must be common in your language.
:)

it's not a reference to testicles

fruit that hangs lower on the tree is easier to reach

i usually see it used to mean that something's too easy/too good to be true or worthwhile
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Isis »

low hanging fruit is an english idiom but the way it's used very frequently in mafia kind of makes it a mafia specific term.

people use it to mean that in one particular game, a certain player seems like the easiest person to wagon in that moment. People don't usually call other people LHF with the suggestion they're vulnerable game after game.
But I'm stating the opposite position that I think Hectic is easiest to wagon less often than the average player. Even in Fusion mafia it took extra days for it to be happen.
I am LHF pretty often, it is not very hard at all to construe some of my idiosyncracies as scummy to one or two players in any playerlist and that's like all it takes?
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Spoiler: my contribution
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Isis »

that is good whiskers
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Isis »

GC did you consider 1148 to be a serious post
"Well, I..."
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 1235, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1232, clidd wrote:In my interpretation, but I believe it must be common in your language.
:)

it's not a reference to testicles

fruit that hangs lower on the tree is easier to reach

i usually see it used to mean that something's too easy/too good to be true or worthwhile
You are reading my mind, I was scared when I saw the term :nerd:
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 1236, Isis wrote:low hanging fruit is an english idiom but the way it's used very frequently in mafia kind of makes it a mafia specific term.

people use it to mean that in one particular game, a certain player seems like the easiest person to wagon in that moment. People don't usually call other people LHF with the suggestion they're vulnerable game after game.
But I'm stating the opposite position that I think Hectic is easiest to wagon less often than the average player. Even in Fusion mafia it took extra days for it to be happen.
I am LHF pretty often, it is not very hard at all to construe some of my idiosyncracies as scummy to one or two players in any playerlist and that's like all it takes?
Thanks
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

okay, and for walter:

his questions on top of page 43 certainly can be considered busywork, but he threw in a position on norwegian in the meanwhile, and he isn't really interacting only through asking questions. NAI. that he provides substantive reads with some explanation later that same page (albeit after Cth called him out for asking Qs, but still) underscores that asking some Qs isn't very AI rn.

as for the rest of his posts today.... meh. I'm just reading them and feeling meh. i can't tell whether his frustration is genuine is manufactured ate. i don't like how in he does the scummy "if I were scum I would do X, and I'm not doing X so I'm not scum." but other than that, i'm not getting strong AI feelings one way or another in the past 10 pages or so, which leaves him at lean scum from past-GC's assessment.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1239, Isis wrote:GC did you consider 1148 to be a serious post
Yes.
In post 1148, Cthylla wrote:
is interesting. Morning seems to be implying Hayasaka could've been deceiving us, contrary to her flip saying she was Town. Do we think there could be some demonic (I can't think of an alternative word for demonic, please help if you don't like it, Isis) flip manipulators in this game?
Do you think this isn't a serious suggestion?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Isis »

It is not a serious suggestion. Because Hectic posted it I know that it is not. If a 1 month join date posted it maybe I would consider that it's possibly a serious suggestion. Have you played with Hectic ever?
"Well, I..."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

i have no idea
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

want to hear Cth explain humor to me vis-a-vis post 1148.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Isis »

I have been aware that your style of humor either doesn't exist or is unique since nightless vanilla
I just never expected to see it litigated lol
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Isis »

It's funny to accuse mods of bastard modding, proportional to how likely they are to be a good mod. Last I modded for Hectic he insisted I left a breadcrumb trail revealing the entire scumteam in the stray characters in the votecount. He also quoted one of my posts and editted it to be a public confirmation of a slot's alignment.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Isis »

humor is based on subverted expectations and I expect tweet to mod well. Does that make sense?

I'm garciaing because making people explain their own jokes is sad. it kills the magic to ever admit you were joking about something.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”