Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

^this is a good question, I didn't mind tea's comments on it in the catchup but repeating it in doesn't really feel like a meaningful or useful push

also @Dunn, the main thing that stood out to me re:Ydrasse was she came in and answered a question about MT, gave justification for it that suggests she's current with the game, but didn't share any thoughts on Clidd, the main wagon and the person she's voting.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ugh the page top ruined that "^" symbol nooo
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 375, GuiltyLion wrote:^this is a good question, I didn't mind tea's comments on it in the catchup but repeating it in doesn't really feel like a meaningful or useful push

also @Dunn, the main thing that stood out to me re:Ydrasse was she came in and answered a question about MT, gave justification for it that suggests she's current with the game, but didn't share any thoughts on Clidd, the main wagon and the person she's voting.
i haven't moved my vote since i arrived in this game so that point is moot imo. i explained already why the cliddslot was my choice.

i also think that implying that i'm not trying to solve is unfair, because i am trying to sort people! i'm not being stingy with my reads but i simply didn't have the energy nor time to sit down and properly wrangle anything to do with this game; it was easy to answer the question directed at me because i already had a read on mt from conversation prior.

now though, i am actually going to give my thoughts and try to see if the tentative poe i was toying around with makes any sense. :>
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 181, Farren wrote:
In post 179, Ydrasse wrote:while it's hypocritical to say that like... activity =/= alignment it does feel like the towniest people right now are the people posting the most right now?
Why would this be hypocritical?

Activity doesn't equal alignment, true, but that doesn't mean there's zero correlation.

Demotivation and/or IRL busy-ness can cause a lack of posting. The latter is totally NAI. The former can be NAI - but isn't *always* NAI.
going through your iso, i realized i didn't reply to this i'm pretty sure. my bad!!

my comments about hypocrisy were more to do with the fact that i'm not fond of voting on activity levels, and yet around the same time in the game i found myself townreading the people who were posting more often (mt, mena/isis, clidd/tea). which means that my poe would end up being people who weren't so active?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i like farren quite a bit. :> am adding him to my townpile.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 364, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 269, Morning Tweet wrote:@Guilty, i'll add this on to my other question in 232, who were you referring to as the "more active posters" when you said one is very likely to be scum?
yeah I was just about to address this when I saw your latest post

I think you're seeing that comment as something meant to vaguely shade slots like Mena without doing so by name, but my intent was more to push clidd on what I saw as a really reachy assertion about scumreads. I can see how I maybe got slightly carried away making my point in the abstract with the 'foothold' comment rather than focusing on specific players here, probably because I don't have a solid grip on how I feel about the game myself. It doesn't feel like anyone has really pushed to do anything yet
piggybacking off of this to say that i agree wrt to the state of the game; it feels that only in the last few pages have people really started to try and push harder to form wagons and talk things out;

^ to the last post too: i feel that farren's energy throughout the game so far though has sort of strayed away from the... laziness??? not laziness but low-key energy fmpov and been more proactive without it becoming more of a driving force in a Bad Way. it's more probing to figure out how people are gonna reply and i am a fan of that.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Isis »

Ydrasse is here? I finished going to sleep and waking up; didn't think when I woke up it would still be "tn"
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hello!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Isis »

Do you still want to be voting clidd yd?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i've been staring really hard at those pages trying to decide that.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 375, GuiltyLion wrote:^this is a good question, I didn't mind tea's comments on it in the catchup but repeating it in 370 doesn't really feel like a meaningful or useful push
This is probably scum indicative but not Huge I think
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 369, GuiltyLion wrote:- I had some reservations about Menalque/Isis slot but I think that read on it makes sense
Can you tell me why you were scumreading my slot so that even if you townread me and burn me from here out I'm sure to make you play on hard mode
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

my townread on clidd was mainly based on the way that he maneuvered that discussion about meta with mena; i thought that the resolution it came to was Pleasant which boded well? it felt like a good discussion that didn't end up with anyone coming out of it like... looking bad.

my qualms with your case against him are sort of nitpicky i think.

p-edit: why is it scum indicative?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Isis »

GL I'm not finding where ydrasse talked about her read, is the pop-in being complained about several pages ago?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Isis »

Scum are more likely than town to talk about something that seems like mafia but doesn't actually have any bearing on the scum's alignments. It serves the purposes of participation quota without more difficult alignment spewy topics tackled
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm gut towning Dunn bit I want a real read on Dunn
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

okay, i think i understand!! it'd be a lie to say that i had any sort of read on dunn right now.

the same goes for pine so i'm excited to see what he thinks after the catch-up.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Isis »

I found the ydrasse pop-in thing. I don't think answering a direct question and not gibbing a current events snapshot is that indicting? I don't see how it's scum indicative in a way very distinct from participation and volume in general being town indicative
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Isis »

UNVOTE:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Isis »

I feel underwhelmed but not creeped out about GL
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i think this is probably a self-centered view regarding guiltylion because he voted me, but it feels as if he's hyperfocused on a few small things that are at odds with being as cognizant of the game state as he is?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

like, i guess it seems like a macro assessment of things (that i agreed with, no one pushing anything with vengeance) that zooms in onto me for reasons that don't hold much weight fmpov (the vote and me not trying to find the baddies) which seems... contradictory? in how to view the game as a whole.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i talked myself into this actually

VOTE: guiltylion
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Isis »

That might be kind of what I meant
I don't want to vote anyone though
I'm feeling S_S energy
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Isis »

GL how do you read farren?
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”