Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Shrug, still wanna see a case on me and when no one does it and I get lynched I wanna see people remember that.

You're not even giving me any sort of chance whatsoever. The whole thing is 'Vamp lurked, die'. That's retarded.

And the case about IAUN 'protecting' Vamp is complete crap and those pushing it know it.

Honestly(and you can call this an appeal to emotion if it makes you feel better) the whole thing kind of pisses me off. There's no case whatsoever on me, I can't possibly defend someone who's not me, and you guys have had ZERO discussion today besides lynching me. Not ONLY are you gonna mislynch but you're gonna go to day 3 with NO leads more than you had day 1.

When someone replaces, if their predecessor was scummy, fine, suspect them. But you can't railroad them on the previous person's actions. There's no possible way to defend against that. BRING A CASE ON ME! I've yet to see 1 point.

Anyway, final thoughts before I'm lynched:

Armlx IS better than this, period.

Silence is lurking and pushing a lynch from the background and Armlx is defending him.

Vote: Armlx
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Oh and as for OP's post, I thought IAUN played town, period. So did everyone else apparently since no one but GS was bringing a case against him. I said alot of other people seemed town too. I was wrong about IAUN, it happens. But WIFOM or not, I don't blatantly protect my teammates like that. Nine times out of ten I BUS them, and you can meta that.

Also, if you look at OP's post he voted me for the mason vigging idea, not the IAUN stuff. Bad reason to vote, bad wagon, bad case. What else can I say.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by armlx »

And the case about IAUN 'protecting' Vamp is complete crap and those pushing it know it.
Instead of just saying this, prove it.

Self meta is the ultimate WIFOM.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Muerrto »

armlx wrote:Self meta is the ultimate WIFOM.
Lmao just make sure Armlx follows me to the noose. My point was that there's no way in hell I'd call out my partner like that protecting him. That's not WIFOM that's fact. Last time someone got me lynched on a 'distancing' case was Quagmire(scum) who ended up winning. Everyone knows distancing cases are weak and should never be the sole reason for a lynch. So far that's the only case on me. Ergo, no case. Quag got the newbies to listen to him then, you guys have no excuse.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Iron Man »

To tell the truth, I'm leaning more towards Muerrto's side of the case right now. Granted, he isnt the most pro-town player, but I could probably cite a few players that are more scummy than him.
I'm back.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Muerrto wrote:
armlx wrote:Self meta is the ultimate WIFOM.
Lmao just make sure Armlx follows me to the noose. My point was that there's no way in hell I'd call out my partner like that protecting him. That's not WIFOM that's fact. Last time someone got me lynched on a 'distancing' case was Quagmire(scum) who ended up winning. Everyone knows distancing cases are weak and should never be the sole reason for a lynch. So far that's the only case on me. Ergo, no case. Quag got the newbies to listen to him then, you guys have no excuse.
I really don't like this post, but can't explain right now. Something about the overall tone I get?
Iron Man wrote:To tell the truth, I'm leaning more towards Muerrto's side of the case right now. Granted, he isnt the most pro-town player, but I could probably cite a few players that are more scummy than him.
Which ones and why?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by armlx »

The reason is its him trying to set me up for a lynch on the basis of me saying a true thing.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by strife220 »

Iron Man wrote:To tell the truth, I'm leaning more towards Muerrto's side of the case right now. Granted, he isnt the most pro-town player, but I could probably cite a few players that are more scummy than him.
Nah that's fine we don't want to hear about suspects and opinions. Continue to lurk. [/sarcasm]

Care to tell us WHO those players are ? Maybe why as well?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by armlx »

I agree with the above post.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by strife220 »

EBWOP:
Quick re-read of Muerrto - his first few posts with regards to IAUN are certainly interesting.

Muerrto wrote:
iamausername wrote:Point b) is total crap, since Greasy Spot has never presented any case against me besides "too stupid to be a townie", which is in fact not a case at all.

Point c/d) is also crap, because as I said, I'm in favour of a Vamp vig as well.

Point a) is also wrong, for the record.

Also, "trying to undermine the majority" is not a scum tell. Anything else?
He's my new hero. The case at this point is extremely weak and being run by the person who voted him because he's 'too stupid to be a townie' which I called him out for earlier in my post. This wagon is bad.
Here's something for you to defend against. Explain why the points I raised against IAUN's "Hey lets vig GS" are so poor. IAUN is your hero because a short post was made against him and his defense was 'those points are crap' ??
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by armlx »

Just so you know,
I will be away from Thursday till Sunday

Still like my vote where it is.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Muerrto »

strife220 wrote:EBWOP:
Quick re-read of Muerrto - his first few posts with regards to IAUN are certainly interesting.

Muerrto wrote:
iamausername wrote:Point b) is total crap, since Greasy Spot has never presented any case against me besides "too stupid to be a townie", which is in fact not a case at all.

Point c/d) is also crap, because as I said, I'm in favour of a Vamp vig as well.

Point a) is also wrong, for the record.

Also, "trying to undermine the majority" is not a scum tell. Anything else?
He's my new hero. The case at this point is extremely weak and being run by the person who voted him because he's 'too stupid to be a townie' which I called him out for earlier in my post. This wagon is bad.
Here's something for you to defend against. Explain why the points I raised against IAUN's "Hey lets vig GS" are so poor. IAUN is your hero because a short post was made against him and his defense was 'those points are crap' ??
Um.. no, he used the word 'crap' yes but those weren't his points. Point B is absolutely correct, GS never had ANY case on IAUN.

He started his case on him because IAUN was attacking GS. GS responded saying IAUN was 'too stupid to be town'. After that GS just continued to vote IAUN...repeatedly, in just about every single post. NO ONE suspected IAUN day 1. In fact a few were starting to suspect GS for his rapid shift off of IAUN, the one he voted like 6 times, to someone else at the drop of a hat(read back if you wanna see who, Blak? not sure, just remember he switched off and got heat for it). Part way through the day some people started joining GS on IAUN. I'd look at them as possible scum suspects doing your 'distancing' since IAUN never did anything scummy all day and GS HAD NO CASE on IAUN.

c/d) Don't remember the points but since I know my role I'd say he'd be just fine with a Vamp vigging, just as he stated he was. Assuming he's always lying because he's scum is a horrible assumption. Not everything scum says is distancing, some is simply being just fine getting a townie killed. Especially if said townie is under suspiscion already and he can get away with adding to it. However, since Vamp wasn't contributing and would get lynched eventually anyway, I'm sure he preferred another target to be killed.

And 'trying to undermine the majority' is NOT a scum tell. Going along with the crowd just because it IS the majority IS a scum tell.

All his points were dead on.

If you guys can hold off on a hammer I'll re-read tonight and see who started jumping on GS's weak case against IAUN and check their connections to others.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
That said, this man is clearly town. Just the arrogant way he is playing feels like a trip down memory lane for me.
Spoiler: He claims mason.
Claims? So do i take it that you don't believe him?

Also, Tip: The best spoilers are ones that save you reading the actual book/thread. Can i please have 1 of those?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:28 am

Post by strife220 »

Muerrto seemed to miss my argument completely (except for possibly B), so I'll try this:
strife220 wrote:
iamausername wrote:Greasy Spot would make an excellent vig kill.
This post is scummy because:
a) Trying to control the Vig's kill-choice is anti-town
b) Greasy Spot actually provided a bit of a case against AIUN
c) Like 4 people have already said Vamp would be an excellent vig
d) You suggesting otherwise is defending Vamp (see b)
Please explain to me why my four points are wrong (or three, if you wanna skip b).

Firstly though, IAUN never suggested Vamp would be a good vig. He was lying and you're lying by saying otherwise. If I'm wrong, please find where he says so.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Korts »

Muerrto's post 961 gives me renewed confidence in his lynch. He states IAUN's points are dead on, while admitting that he doesn't actually recall the exact points to which IAUN replied, which means that he couldn't have possible known for sure how good IAUN's replies were.

I'm willing to hammer whenever.
scumchat never die
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:11 am

Post by armlx »

No, I definitely do. Claim is the generic term for saying your role in thread.

I'm willing to wait for a final analysis from Muerrto before a lynch.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
No, I definitely do. Claim is the generic term for saying your role in thread.

I'm willing to wait for a final analysis from Muerrto before a lynch.
Ok, i guess it was your tone which led me astray. And perhaps the way you said 'He CLAIMED Mason' rather than 'He IS A Mason' which you might have done, if you believed his claim. Just a thought. ;)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:19 am

Post by armlx »

Except I used it as a descriptor of his actions in thread.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:Except I used it as a descriptor of his actions in thread.
to what end?

and, also, why do you want to wait for a final analysis from Muerrto, when you seem to be his top suspect?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Muerrto »

strife220 wrote:
iamausername wrote:Greasy Spot would make an excellent vig kill.
This post is scummy because:
a) Trying to control the Vig's kill-choice is anti-town
b) Greasy Spot actually provided a bit of a case against AIUN
c) Like 4 people have already said Vamp would be an excellent vig
d) You suggesting otherwise is defending Vamp (see b)

Please explain to me why my four points are wrong (or three, if you wanna skip b).

Firstly though, IAUN never suggested Vamp would be a good vig. He was lying and you're lying by saying otherwise. If I'm wrong, please find where he says so.
Really?
iamausername wrote:Wait, so it's OK for people to direct the vig to kill Vamp, but not Greasy Spot?

By the way, I'm absolutely in favour of a Vamp vidging too, and have never said otherwise.
You sure I'm lying?

A) Name someone who hasn't tried to direct the vig kill this game please.

B) Please state GS's case on IAUN. His case was(and I QUOTE again)
Greasy Spot wrote:vote: iamausername for being too stupid to be a townie.
C) So multiple people saying Vamp would be a good vig makes me a good lynch? First, I'm not Vamp, I'm just his role. Second, lynching is WAAAAY different from vigging. Third, town can't pick the wrong kill? Assuming I'm scum because some people want me dead? You gotta be kidding me.

D) Him suggesting vigging the guy hounding him and trying to get him lynched instead of the lurker is defending the lurker? Or is it attacking the guy TRYING TO GET HIM LYNCHED? I mean, wow, how weak a case can you get.

Everytime I respond to these posts it gets weaker and weaker.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by armlx »

to what end?
Mainly as a joke, partially to get you to move along past things that were determined a long time ago
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by strife220 »

Muerrto wrote:
iamausername wrote:Wait, so it's OK for people to direct the vig to kill Vamp, but not Greasy Spot?

By the way, I'm absolutely in favour of a Vamp vidging too, and have never said otherwise.
He didn't make that statement until after I attacked him for trying to re-direct the vig.

He was completely silent about the Vamp vig-kill, then he suggested a GS vig, then he got called on trying to re-direct the town-decided vamp vig. THEN he says he's fine with Vamp too. What scum say after they get called on a scummy action doesn't count towards a defense.

Muerrto wrote:A) Name someone who hasn't tried to direct the vig kill this game please.
That doesn't make it pro-town.

Muerrto wrote:B) Please state GS's case on IAUN. His case was(and I QUOTE again)
Greasy Spot wrote:vote: iamausername for being too stupid to be a townie.
Way to be misleading. IAUN and GS were arguing for the previous 10 posts. You quoted his vote, but before that (post 183, 189), he actually made some sort of contribution to the game (unlike vamp):
Greasy Spot wrote:
iamausername wrote:Um, my authority as a scumhunter. If you're town, why would you have a reason to not answer my question?
I was actually going to answer your question after the second time you asked it. That was until I got to the post where you voted for me because I didn't answer your question. It doesn't set well with me when people try to enforce their ways on me. If I wanted to comment on the scumminess of strife and/or armix I would. I don't need you to ask me silly questions about which one I find scummier. If you care to elaborate on your feelings for people and request others share as well then very well, but don't demand an answer and then vote someone because they don't give you an answer. That is stupid.
iamausername wrote:So, why say:
Greasy Spot wrote:You ask us which we think is scummiest yet there is no case against Strife so how could I possibly decide right now?
when you obviously
had
decided who you thought was scummier?
At the time I made that statement (which was in the beginning of the game) I didn't find either one of them scummy enough to vote. The people who were pushing their lynches were scummier. You bring it up now knowing full well that much more scum hunting has been going on, so that statement is not even relevant now.
He disagreed with the 'who's scummier, Armix or Strife' page 1 thing Rofl tried to pull, IAUN disagreed with it. His argument was that IAUN was pushing crap logic in his attacks, even if it wasn't put all that elegantly.

Greasy contributed a little and was actually sort of playing the game.

Muerrto wrote:C) So multiple people saying Vamp would be a good vig makes me a good lynch? First, I'm not Vamp, I'm just his role. Second, lynching is WAAAAY different from vigging. Third, town can't pick the wrong kill? Assuming I'm scum because some people want me dead? You gotta be kidding me.
Nice family straw men you got there.

Multiple people saying Vamp is a good vig makes it a town decision, which makes vig-directing much more pro-town. Again, this is the 'undermining the majority' thing. At the time I said it, it wasn't known IAUN was scum, so it was a much weaker point. Now it's much stronger because we know he's scum, and that his motivations obviously weren't in the town's best interests. It's possible he was acting townie and thought he would seem pro-town with suggesting the GS vig. It's possible he was acting scummy and trying to get a bigger threat NK'd (and if that's your argument, you're completely backtracking and saying that his redirection WAS scummy). It's also possible that he was scum trying to protect a buddy, which is a pretty damned good point.

Muerrto wrote:D) Him suggesting vigging the guy hounding him and trying to get him lynched instead of the lurker is defending the lurker? Or is it attacking the guy TRYING TO GET HIM LYNCHED? I mean, wow, how weak a case can you get.
Indirect defense - see above. Town says one thing, scum hints at another.
Nobody was following GS's reasoning, so IAUN was under no real threat from him.

I do admit that it seems unlike you to outwardly priase a scumbuddy, but I'm unconvinced that you felt IAUN's defense was worth the praise you gave it. Your reasoning is cloudy and I'm having a hard time believing you really thought what IAUN did was pro-town.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Muerrto »

strife220 wrote:I do admit that it seems unlike you to outwardly priase a scumbuddy, but I'm unconvinced that you felt IAUN's defense was worth the praise you gave it. Your reasoning is cloudy and I'm having a hard time believing you really thought what IAUN did was pro-town.
You summed up my only defense right there. I wouldn't do what you're claiming I did. I'm not that stupid. Your whole case is either 'Vamp did this' or 'IAUN's actions can be seen like this'. Do you even have a case on me or was I screwed before I even read the thread?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by strife220 »

Muerrto wrote:Do you even have a case on me or was I screwed before I even read the thread?
You must not replace into games often. D1 actions are the place to go to when players flip scum later. Sorry you can't defend yourself more. If you're town, then contribute as best you can by trying to find scum. You think Armix is scum - who else is a good candidate?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
to what end?
Mainly as a joke, partially to get you to move along past things that were determined a long time ago
Ok thanks. You didnt answer my second question.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”