TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:17 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Mizzy has this interesting habit of claiming innocuous activities are suspicious.

Yep, I sent you the letter. Because, y'know, this situation amuses me.
It was actually a razz, not a smileyface.

Anyway:

This is why Mizzy is scum. We've had two people come up scum, eldarad and Y.

In (Mizzy's) post 80 through 82, mizzy and eldarad argue over the capricious wagon. Mizzy never votes for eldarad. Eldarad does vote for mizzy, but only until he can say:
eldarad wrote:I'm still not liking Mizzy's behaviour in general Today - and it will be very interesting to see how she votes - but we need to move towards a consensus lynch and I don't think Mizzy will be the lynch Today.
Translation: Day 2 Bussing, Complete!

Eldarad lived second on mizzy's scum list for day 3 and day 4. But she never voted for him until strongly pressured into finally, reluctantly, hammering.

For comparison, this is my second post:
I wrote: Hasdfgas' lurking seems out of character, so I guess he'd be my second choice, but I don't see any reason not to vote eldarad.
So if I'm scum, I decided to immediately come into the game and start bussing away. Then we have Y:

In the early game, Mizzy and Y have, really, no interaction with each other. They don't FOS each other, vote each other (except in the very beginning of day 1, where Y FOS's Mizzy for "not making sense."

Later on (once I've replaced in) Y does say this:
Y wrote: TSPN, I can see other scum-groups, and you're on most of them, while Mizzy isn't.
Then he votes for me to "prevent a no-lynch" on the day we no-lynched. The next day, he votes for me also.

Meanwhile, mizzy:

While Y is at L-1, mizzy says: "I'd be happy with a Y lynch."And then we no-lynch. Then the next day, she votes me.

Just so we're clear: Y, the person who was scum, said he thought I was "scum since yesterday." Mizzy voted me instead of voting Y until absolutely forced into it by the complete lack of momentum on my wagon (which mizzy and Y were both on).

For a final comparison: I have
immediately
voted both of the other scum without any pressure.

Mizzy has reluctantly hammered both of the scum.

Also, "I only vote when I'm certain," Mizzy, interestingly, didn't have to be encouraged to vote for townie RS. She was second on
that
wagon. So that "cautious voter" thing doesn't really hold up.

The prosecution rests.

I hate long posts.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:17 am

Oh, and
Vote mizzy.

Y'know, you think you remember everything. . .
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Mizzy »

That was quite possibly the most untownie move you have made yet, TSPN. If you can believe it. This is the second time you have quickvoted.

I don't like hammering, and that goes for all the games I have hammered in, including the whole one scum role I had. I am reluctant to hammer as town because I am a cautious, cautious player, and most people know that about me. It's how I play, regardless of role.

And yes, the cautious voter thing DOES pan out, because that was early on the lynch list. I get more cautious to do anything, vote or hammer, when more people are doing it.

Good try though, scum.

Since you already just proved to the whole game you're the scum,
Vote: TSPN.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Guardian »

I'm not hammering TSPN. Ergo, I am 100% definitely not scum, if there was any doubt.

hasd's explanation makes some sense... you say you received it night one?

TSPN what do you think about hasd's explanation? Mizzy?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Guardian »

Also, Mizzy, if you check before hasd.... you are SURE he is not scum? Because if hasd posts and doesn't hammer, I am fairly sure you are not scum, and would likely hammer soon, after giving a bit of thought to TSPN's arguments. So if you have any doubts that hasd might be scum, the time to unvote is now.
Do not lynch me.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:35 am

Post by hasdgfas »

/obligatory post and not hammer post. I will have thoughts soon.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

OK, so it is Mizzy or TSPN.

TSPN, if I am going to vote Mizzy, you have a lot of convincing to do.

TSPN
, why not send the letter to hasd or me with something useful on it, and to allow us to see what was written? How was sending it to Mizzy at all possibly useful?

The busing link between Mizzy and eldarad seems tenuous at best.

Why is it unreasonable to think you came in busing, considering eldarad's position?

What interactions do Y and Andycyca have early on?
Do not lynch me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 7, Votecount 1 wrote:2 TheSweatpantsNinja (Mizzy,
mayor?
)
1 Mizzy (TheSweatpantsNinja)

2 Unvote (hasdgfas, Tiger Twins)

4 alive; 3 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I got my confirmation from Ether, she forgot to send me the results of my item last night. I was waiting for that before mentioning it.

Last night I got something called camera access which tells me who used items at night. I used it last night and got 3 results; Myself, Cow, and TSPN. So I assume that cow is telling the truth. I don't know if TSPN's item was something other than the chain letter, but there you go.

And no, after my previous item use on him and his play the whole game, I am sure cow is town, which has been confirmed. That was why I felt confident voting.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Guardian »

Yeah okay, that about removes any doubt I had. I don't want to let TSPN wifom me (AND cow) into making a bad decision.

vote: TSPN
Do not lynch me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Ether »

"Yeah, it's either Mizzy or...TSPN," Guardian says, and then there's a loud blast. TheSweatpantsNinja collapses. The mayor's note has been torn off the tree, and there's a hole behind it, just large enough to store a gun. (One of those scummy one-bullet numbers that furthers dramatic tension.) Guardian looks at the damaged note sadly, then crumples it up and tosses it to the sleeping Zindaras.

Mizzy leaps up and flexes her sharp nails, but before she can attack, Hasdgfas gasps and clutches at his stomach. He's bleeding profusely. There's a little dry spot on his shirt where a band-aid might have been placed, but that slowly goes red as well.

He feebly points gestures at Mizzy--no, behind her. She narrows her eyes and leans in toward Hasdgfas when Guardian taps her on the shoulder. She reflexively lashes out, but he grabs her hand before it can connect and kicks her to the pavement.

He sits on her to keep her from getting up, inspects those fingernails, the way her nose gravitates toward Hasdgfas's blood no matter how much effort she puts into keeping her reflexes imperceptible. "Your pack's all dead," he tells her. She doesn't respond for a few seconds, and then she nods slowly. Guardian starts to smile when she swings her other arm at him.

He's only human. He falls a couple of yards feet away--a couple of yards closer to the street. He stands up, dusts himself off, and says, "This was already a success. You can't kill me yet, not on your own in broad daylight. I'll call my boss and tell him that the second-hand riches of Ellipsis are ours. I'm sure he'll be able to spare something to deal with you.

"I don't know what happened to the mayor, but we'll need a new one eventually. Heh. In a corner of the world as old-fashioned as Caret, clearing off the werewolf threat is probably a valid prerequisite."

"I'll be right back--you're not
completely
bulletproof, you know."

Then he runs off. Mizzy gets to her feet and stalks over to Zindaras, but she knows he doesn't matter. With a still-metaphorical tail between her legs, she runs out into the day.

TheSweatpantsNinja (Villager) has been lynched.

hasdgfas (Villager) will inevitably die overnight, leaving Mizzy (
Psi
) alone to be endgamed. Tiger Twins (
Hitman
) wins!
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Ether »

eldarad, Mizzy, Y wrote:You are a werewolf with [...] and [...]. You hate the town and want to kill everyone, yeah, but that wolfsbane I mentioned in the opening post hasn't actually gone anywhere. You'll get nauseous if you try going out to kill people, and there's really no point if you don't even have an appetite. You'll just have to stay holed up until you return to your human form the next day, I guess.

Anyway, [eldarad] is the Alpha, [Y] is the Beta and [Mizzy] is just sort of there--let's call [her] a Psi.

As noted in the rules, the three of you are attuned to frequencies beyond the range of a normal human's ear. Any living werewolves may daytalk freely. I'd appreciate it if you'd forward me your transcripts, though this is not required.

You win when all non-werewolves are dead.
revealed as
Alpha
Beta
and
Psi
on death but otherwise interchangeable; immune to hitman nightkills

Zindaras/Guardian wrote:The boss dropped you on Caret to lift as many imports as possible, and the most efficient way to do this is to kill everyone. Ellipsis is a pretty big empire, though, and its mafia is stretched rather thin--in fact, you're on your own here. Every night, you can attempt to put a round of lead through another player's vital organs. If that player is vulnerable to lead, it will die.

You win when all other players are dead, even if you are dead as well.

Your godfather is rooting for you so hard that he even left you a
blank letter
. Great. You may write anything you'd like on it, as long as you're not breaking any in-thread rules. You may then, on any night, send it to another player (through me). This player will receive it at the end of the night; the next night, it will be able to add whatever it wants to the end of the note and pass it on again. The identity of any note-senders will not be confirmed.
revealed as
Hitman
on death; trumps a lone werewolf in endgame; blank letter renamed chain letter once it has writing on it

Elmo, Capricious, hasdgfas, Rotten Snitch, Skruffs, Andycyca/TheSweatpantsNinja, Sir Tornado/Yosarian2 wrote:The mayor appears to be missing; you figure now's the time to try out other forms of government. You are a simple villager, but you do get a vote.

You win with the town.
revealed as Villager on death
strappado wrote:You aren't a werewolf, but you
were
abandoned as a child and raised by a friendly pack of wolves. You still feel the call of the wild: you appreciate the humans, sure, but they don't know what fresh air is.

Every night, you can find someone's doorstep and sleep there. No one will enter or leave the house for fear of disturbing you.

You win with the town.
revealed as Gaoler on death; target is ineligible to receive items the next night; successfully blocking an item spends it

At the beginning of every night, a few players would receive items, which could be used as one-shot abilities at any point after the night they were received. The players were chosen at random, but had to have the prerequisite role. A player could receive or use multiple items in one night.

Villager, Night 2
You have received a
band-aid
. This miraculous tribute to science will surely stave off any bleeding, saving you from certain...okay, look, it's two inches and it's not even that sticky. If you are ever targetted for a nightkill, you will not die until the end of the subsequent night. You will not be warned of any impending doom.
Received by hasdgfas Night 2. Activated Night 7.

Villager, Night 2
You have received a
band aid
. It won't prevent you from bleeding to death, but it'll put it off a bit. If you are ever nightkilled, you will not die until the next night ends. You will not be notified of this condition.
Received by Rotten Snitch Night 2. Never activated.

Villager, Night 3
You have received a
mayor's note
. The exact words, with that distinctive loopy signature at the end, are "I could totally go for the lynch of ______." There is literally a blank line at the end. On one night in the game, you may stick the note to a tree. It will count as an extra vote on the player of your choice; you will not be able to move it and it will be negated at the end of the day.
Received by Yosarian2 Night 3. Stolen by Tiger Twins Night .

The mayor's gender is ambiguous.

Wolf, Night 3
You have received a
nose trumpet
. On one night*, you can take a good whiff of a player and learn what sorts of stuff it was exposed to that night.

*For flavor purposes, [...], this is done as you file into the town at daybreak, in human form. For mechanical purposes, it's done at night. You are the only wolf who can make use of the nose trumpet; if anything happens to you, its ability is lost.
Received by Mizzy Night 3. Used Night 3 on hasdgfas.

Reveals the names of all items used on and by the target that night.

Wolf, Night 3 if SK is already dead

You have received a
wrench
. Once during the day, you can PM me to slip it onto another player. When this player dies, its role will be revealed as "Inventor." (Its alignment will still be revealed accurately.) No one will receive any items the next night.

You, [...], are the only wolf who can make use of the wrench; if anything happens to you, its ability is lost.
Never received. Items are still sent the next day.

Wolf, Night 4You have received a
statistic
. On one night in the game, you may call a census and learn the exact number of players who had supplies they could use at the beginning of the night.

You, [...], are the only wolf who can make use of the statistic; if anything happens to you, its ability is lost.
Received by eldarad Night 4. Used Night 4.

Villager, Night 4
You have received a
sprig of wolfsbane
. One night in the game, you may break into a player's house and stick it up its nose. If it is a human, it will probably slap you very hard across the face. If it is a werewolf, it will probably die.
Received by Skruffs Night 4. Used on Zindaras/Guardian Night 4.

Hitman, Night 4
You have received some
Ellipsese loot
. Only mainland aristocrats should have this sort of stuff. On one night, you may hide it, specifying whether to do this before or after your kill. The role of the next player who dies will be revealed as "Inventor." (Its alignment will still be revealed accurately.) Any items it was holding, as well as most items sent out the following night, will go to you.
Received by Zindaras/Tiger Twins Night 4. Used Night 5 (stealing the beer on Night 6).

If Hitman dies, items are just delayed.

Villager, Night 5
You have received
wolf ears
. They would let you hear things said in higher frequencies...but they're pretty conspicuous. Those werewolves would take one look at you and stick to English. One one night, you may choose to wear them for the next day. Any werewolves will be restricted from daytalking.
Received by Skruffs Night 5. Used by Skruffs Night 6, but Patrick's interpretation caused it to fail due to his death.

Not announced in the dayscene.

Villager, Night 5
You have received a
magnet
. Polarity is for people who care about science. One one day, you may set it up on your lawn. Most tchotchkes sent out that night will be redirected to your house.
Received by hasdgfas Night 5. Used Day 5.

Trumped by wrench/Ellipsese loot; doesn't pick up antidotes.

Villager, Night 6
You have received a few
beers
. They help you work up the nerve to do stupid things. On one night, you may show up drunk at a player's house. If it's a werewolf and it's not out performing a night action, it will eat you.
Stolen by Tiger Twins Night 6. Never used.

Wolf, Night 7You have received
camera access
. On one night, you can learn the names of all players who were targetted with items that night.

You, [...], are the only wolf who can make use of camera access; if anything happens to you, its ability is lost.
Received by Mizzy Night 7. Used Night 7.

Villager, Night 7
You have received
THG
. On one night, you may slip it into another player's flaxseed oil. That player will be required to kill someone (on top of any other kill it might have possessed) the night after.
Received by hasdgfas Night 7. Never used.

No role has intrinsic immunity. Kill counts as an item for ALL mechanical intents and purposes--the target receives "You have received an
extreme, mandatory urge to kill someone
. Tonight. [On top of whomever else you were going to kill.] Period."

Villager, Night 9
You have received a
ladder
. At any point in day for the rest of the game, you may use it to climb the gallows tree. If you do so, you will permanently lose your vote, your ability to be lynched, your ability to die--for all official intents and purposes, you'll be counted as dead. The day will keep going, and you'll be allowed to keep posting. Your alignment will be revealed the next morning.
Never received.

Wolf, night after SK dies or 2 consecutive no-lynches

You ([...]) have received an
antidote
. While it lasts, it makes wolfsbane much more endurable, even though it still smells pretty bad. On one night, you may swing out, kill a player and go home to recover.
Never received.

Wolves can receive multiple antidotes.

Villager, 3 nights after SK dies
You have received a
gasmask
. It means you no longer have to put up with bad smells--like dead people. One one night, you may visit a deceased player's house and check its corpse.
Never received.

Returns kill method: "shot" for SK, "mauled" for wolf or EMUTKS, "poisoned" for sprig or failure to use EMUTKS by deadline. Gives the coroner any unused items.

Hitman, 1:1:0 endgame
You have received a
silver bullet
. On one night, you may put a round of silver through another player's vital organs. That player will die. Period.
Tiger Twins technically got it, though I didn't send a PM as such.

Game ends with an SK win on the spot.

Night 1:
Zindaras (hitman) kills Strappado (gaoler).
Strappado (gaoler) targets no one.

Day 1:
Yosarian2 replaces Sir Tornado.
Capricious (villager) lynched.

Night 2:
Rotten Snitch receives band aid.
hasdgfas received band-aid.
Zindaras (hitman) kills Elmo (villager).
Zindaras (hitman) sends blank letter to Yosarian2 (villager):
Chain Letter wrote:We are in an interesting situation. Andycyca's premature hammer on Capricious was definitely a horrible move. But we shouldn't write him off as scum too quickly. I would definitely keep an open mind on him. I am more suspicious of the others who voted Capricious.

That is really all for now. This is a chain letter, so I'm not signing it, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find who I am. I advise you to keep sending it every night. It is important to keep sending information and opinions around. My personal idea is to keep sending the thing around between the ones who are likely targets for the wolves, because that's all these things are really good for.
Day 2:
No lynch.

Night 3:
Yosarian2 receives mayor's note.
Mizzy (psi werewolf) receives nose trumpet and uses it on hasdgfas ("nothing").
Zindaras (hitman) fails to send a night choice.
Yosarian2 sends Mizzy:
Chain Letter wrote:
We are in an interesting situation. Andycyca's premature hammer on Capricious was definitely a horrible move. But we shouldn't write him off as scum too quickly. I would definitely keep an open mind on him. I am more suspicious of the others who voted Capricious.

That is really all for now. This is a chain letter, so I'm not signing it, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find who I am. I advise you to keep sending it every night. It is important to keep sending information and opinions around. My personal idea is to keep sending the thing around between the ones who are likely targets for the wolves, because that's all these things are really good for.

Hey. This is Yosarian. I'm not certain who sent this note to me earlier in the game, and then I missed my chance to send it to anyone last night, totally missed the short deadline for night there so I didn't get the action in to send this note.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what the point of this is, but might as well send it on. Frustrating day today, and it's probably lynch or lose tommorow. I'm still thinking Eldred is scum, and I also think you're probably town which is why I'm sending this to you, heh.

I also did get one other item on a different night, although it's only marginally useful to me in the current situation. I probably shouldn't say what it is, just in case this note eventually does end up in the hands of someone who is scum, but I will mention that in a lynch or lose situation, I can use it to prove I am town if I absolutly need to. I realize this probably sounds confusing, but I'll reveal more later if I need to.

We can still win this one. Watch very carefully how everyone reacts tommorow; lynch or lose, 3 scum to 4 town, is an incredibly tricky situation for the scum; the tiniest mistake and someone's confirmed town or confirmed scum just becuase the game dosn't suddenly speedwagon to an end, and the town can sometimes find all the scum at once. Just trust your gut and be prepared.

Assuming we lynch scum and don't die tommorow, I'd suggest trying to find another person you're pretty sure is pro-town and sending the note to him. With a little luck, and some healthy paranoia, I'm thinking we can use this note to set up a game winning pro-town voting block, if we're smart about it. Or perhaps that's a bad idea, I'm not really sure; in any case, we should be able to get some interesting reactions from this letter.
Day 3:
Rotten Snitch (villager) lynched.

Night 4:
Skruffs (villager) receives wolfsbane and uses it on Zindaras (hitman).
CaffieneDeity (7:25:09 PM): Sorry--are you still targetting Zindaras?
LordPantaloones (7:25:28 PM): Yes.. and proibably he's being NK'd tonight or something
LordPantaloones (7:25:42 PM): or I am
LordPantaloones (7:25:44 PM): or I'm RB'd
LordPantaloones (7:25:49 PM): something stupid like that, I never get a break
eldarad (alpha werewolf) receives statistic and uses it ("5").
Zindaras (hitman) receives Ellipsese loot.
Zindaras (hitman) tries to kill eldarad (alpha werewolf) and fails.
Mizzy (psi werewolf) sends Skruffs:
Chain Letter wrote:
We are in an interesting situation. Andycyca's premature hammer on Capricious was definitely a horrible move. But we shouldn't write him off as scum too quickly. I would definitely keep an open mind on him. I am more suspicious of the others who voted Capricious.

Hey. This is Yosarian. I'm not certain who sent this note to me earlier in the game, and then I missed my chance to send it to anyone last night, totally missed the short deadline for night there so I didn't get the action in to send this note.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what the point of this is, but might as well send it on. Frustrating day today, and it's probably lynch or lose tommorow. I'm still thinking Eldred is scum, and I also think you're probably town which is why I'm sending this to you, heh.

I also did get one other item on a different night, although it's only marginally useful to me in the current situation. I probably shouldn't say what it is, just in case this note eventually does end up in the hands of someone who is scum, but I will mention that in a lynch or lose situation, I can use it to prove I am town if I absolutly need to. I realize this probably sounds confusing, but I'll reveal more later if I need to.

We can still win this one. Watch very carefully how everyone reacts tommorow; lynch or lose, 3 scum to 4 town, is an incredibly tricky situation for the scum; the tiniest mistake and someone's confirmed town or confirmed scum just becuase the game dosn't suddenly speedwagon to an end, and the town can sometimes find all the scum at once. Just trust your gut and be prepared.

Assuming we lynch scum and don't die tommorow, I'd suggest trying to find another person you're pretty sure is pro-town and sending the note to him. With a little luck, and some healthy paranoia, I'm thinking we can use this note to set up a game winning pro-town voting block, if we're smart about it. Or perhaps that's a bad idea, I'm not really sure; in any case, we should be able to get some interesting reactions from this letter.

~~~

Skruffs, I know you probably won't believe me, but I feel like I need to try anyway. This is why I fully believe Yos is town...I got this letter from him earlier. I'm sending it to you because despite everything that's gone on, I think you're pro-town and I wanted to give you some extra info for tomorrow to go on. I also want someone else to know WHY I think Yos is town, in case he or I get NKed. This is probably one of the "active" items that got detected, too, so I also wanted to show you that there's more out there than investigation items. Something for you to think about.

Please be careful who you send this to, it's very powerful. And god, I hope I'm right about you.

~Mizzy
Day 4:
Guardian replaces Zindaras.
Tiger Twins replaces Guardian (hah).
eldarad (alpha werewolf) lynched.

Night 5:
Skruffs (villager) receives wolf ears.
hasdgfas (villager) receives magnet.
Tiger Twins uses Ellipses loot and kills Yosarian2 (villager "turned" inventor).

Day 5:
hasdgfas (villager) uses magnet.
No lynch.

Night 6:
Tiger Twins (hitman) receives beer and kills Skruffs (villager).
Skruffs (villager) uses wolf ears and sends TheSweatpantsNinja (villager):
Chain Letter wrote:

~~~

Skruffs, I know you probably won't believe me, but I feel like I need to try anyway. This is why I fully believe Yos is town...I got this letter from him earlier. I'm sending it to you because despite everything that's gone on, I think you're pro-town and I wanted to give you some extra info for tomorrow to go on. I also want someone else to know WHY I think Yos is town, in case he or I get NKed. This is probably one of the "active" items that got detected, too, so I also wanted to show you that there's more out there than investigation items. Something for you to think about.

Please be careful who you send this to, it's very powerful. And god, I hope I'm right about you.

~Mizzy

--------------------

Hello TSPN. You now know the order of players who received/sent this letter. There's no way to delete anything, so the only possibility is to add. The first player's comment about Eldarad and Mizzy's comment abou Yosarian2 are both things I have been thinking about during the day. I think that perhaps the first player to sent the letter (Forget who it is now) was intentionally trying to set you up as being suspicious, especially if they got lynched.

Regardless, I am using another item that I received last night, tonight. If I die tonight and somehow show up as a wolf, it's due to the item. (If I am a werewolf, I'm obviously not going to die tonight, and would have no reason to tell you this anyways). I think you probably think I'm stupid for sending this to you, but you are the least likely to be nightkilled and thus you may be able to send it tomorrow night. Also, I have the feeling you are town. But it's not a very strong feeling. -Skruffs
]
Day 6:
Y (beta werewolf) lynched.

Night 7:
Mizzy (psi werewolf) receives camera access and uses it ({"hasdgfas, Mizzy, TheSweatpantsNinja"}).
Tiger Twins (hitman) kills hasdgfas (delayed due to band-aid).
TheSweatpantsNinja (villager) sends Mizzy (psi werewolf):
Chain Letter wrote:

~~~

~Mizzy
--------------------

Hello TSPN. You now know the order of players who received/sent this letter. There's no way to delete anything, so the only possibility is to add. The first player's comment about Eldarad and Mizzy's comment abou Yosarian2 are both things I have been thinking about during the day. I think that perhaps the first player to sent the letter (Forget who it is now) was intentionally trying to set you up as being suspicious, especially if they got lynched.

Regardless, I am using another item that I received last night, tonight. If I die tonight and somehow show up as a wolf, it's due to the item. (If I am a werewolf, I'm obviously not going to die tonight, and would have no reason to tell you this anyways). I think you probably think I'm stupid for sending this to you, but you are the least likely to be nightkilled and thus you may be able to send it tomorrow night. Also, I have the feeling you are town. But it's not a very strong feeling. -Skruffs

:P
Day 7:
TheSweatpantsNinja (villager) lynched.

Endgame conclusion:
hasdgfas (villager) dies in spite of band-aid.
Tiger Twins (hitman) receives silver bullet.
Mizzy dies in endgame.
Last edited by Ether on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Ether »

That should explain the night start. ¬_¬

The idea here was that the three daytalking wolves and the serial killer who couldn't kill them would have to duke it out in thread. Items were supposed to make things less swingy: people would consistently receive them, but they couldn't be cleared by having them, so a nightless game in which the hitman died immediately could still be played with stuff happening overnight. There might have been a cult scare when the kills stopped coming; it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Didn't turn out well. This was painful to watch after town lost the majority, and Skruffs cleared Guardian.
I feel slightly better because you lynched town Day 7, but still pretty bad.

I underestimated the scum; four is a lot even with only one nightkill per night--maybe even because of, since there were no crosskills. (I don't think Zindaras ever realized the significance of "if that player is vulnerable to lead." Guardian eventually did, though not immediately.)

I should have thrown more triggers in; there was no hint of a serial killer, and even if he'd been lynched, the wolves would have gotten that kill, which was intended to be a lifeline if the hitman died early, not an automatic game-winner if it died late.

There were two no-lynches over seven days, and even so you did pretty well with activity. Heh.

Thanks to everyone who played, a set containing the replacements and the active people who didn't need replacement, and to Patrick for being a voice of sanity and shit. And a *hug* for Skruffs.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Elmo »

I was only following along very occasionally. Hrm, 3/4.. I thought Mizzy was town, oops. I called Eldarad day 1, I called Zindaras after reading his first post day 2 (hi Patrick), and the next time I read it was when Yos was pointing out Y's distancying. All pointless, because I was dead, but fun practise. Blah.

It was a good idea, I like it. It would probably have been fun to play; certainly I'd play an simplified open variant of it, I think. I'm not sure if I would ever have made the leap required.. I did think there was something funny going on, but I didn't feel there was enough information to do anything about it day 1.

The deadline mechanic was a good idea. The two main issues seem to be one-liners and having to gamble on other people being active. Personally, I'd rather like to steal a revised version: There is a grace period of X weeks. After that, if there is a day in which less than half the players have posted content, an absolute one week deadline is imposed. What constitutes "content" is arbitrarily determined by the mod. Actually, if I mod anything again, I'll probably use this :)

I'd be most curious to see the daytalk. Did the mafia consider twilight-claiming the fact that they did not have a kill when one of them was lynched?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Honestly, this was not a game I enjoyed much because of how helpless myself and my team were. We knew, obviously that there was a night killer, but we couldn't find him. The fact that we were mafia but not killers bothered me a lot. It felt like I we were on the losing end all around.

strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:34 am

Post by strappado »

I can't believe I got killed before this game even started, totally sucks...but I'm kinda glad I was - this game was painful to watch, probably would have been more painful to have to post in.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Been watching it all along.

All I have to say about my lynch which I didn't have the chance then. I thought I was NK'd because of the bandaid I had received. No one else had said anything about items at the time so I thought it might have come from a doctor who couldnt protect at night. I really pushed for my lynch because I thought if we didn't lynch me then whoever else was lynched along with the NK and my death it would possibly put us at LYLO.

Oh well it was a long game to keep watching but fun to see the outcome.
Thanks everyone :)
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:01 am

Post by Guardian »

=)

Thanks Yos2 for pointing out who the scum were then dying.

Thanks Zindaras for abandoning the game so I could win as SK.

Thanks Ether for the great flavor... and honestly fairly balanced game.

Gaoler dying night one and then Skruffs clearing me basically hosed the town. Those were two very random events that were unlikely to happen. It was really a "gift" to replace into a scenario where BOTH had happened, even though no scum had been lynched.

The only major balance issue is that I think that if I died the scum shouldn't have been in line to get a NK.

I figured out that I couldn't kill the werewolves pretty much upon reading my role PM. I thought maybe I only couldn't kill the godfather, but didn't want to risk it. Basically I tried to lynch scum and kill townies who suspected me... worked out fairly well.

Going into the last day I thought for sure it was TSPN, but when my night kill didn't work on hasd and TSPN started making sense about Mizzy, I started getting goosebumps. I wasn't sure what would happen in endgame with me and one werewolf, so I wanted to try and get the lynch right. Once Mizzy claimed that she had an item detector that
revealed that I had lied about using items
, I decided that I should just take what was given to me and hammer.

I'm unsure why the scum never tried to SK-hunt. It was really, really necessary for them to win, and for the town to win.

Anyways, thanks all for the game. I had fun.
Do not lynch me.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Mizzy »

I felt alone as scum most of the time; daytalk was pretty much abandoned.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Bleh, I played terribly. Sorry all.

Honestly Ether, with no possibility of cross-kills and only one real power role, I feel that this was stacked against the town. We had to make four correct lynches as we didn't have a chance for scum to turn up dead in the morning, and that's really hard to do.

Interesting deadline mechanic, but I'd like some changes. It turned into "/post. /post. /post" and nothing happened. Not a good thing. I've probably got more to say later.

Great work Guardian. Due to the fact that town had no hint of an SK, you did have a bit of an advantage, but you played well as town anyway. I think that's it for now. I've probably got more to say later.

You going to mod something else soon Ether?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:09 am

Post by Skruffs »

I was after Mizzy and Guardian from the very beginning for butering up to each other as possible opposite factions... I was thinking abou all the items, and none of them wound up helping town at all, I think. NONE OF THEM. I could be wrong though.

I was so confused about the game, I Didn't know why I Wanted to lynch Guardian even though he had been 'mostly cleare'd, because his actions were just so scummy... pushing a lynch in potential lylo based on a dead town player's suspicions was just soooo not town-guardian though.

It kind of sucks that there was nothing that could have outed the hitman, or killed him, except the one power role who wound up dying n0. *shakes fist at Ether*
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Guardian »

Eh, I think I would follow dead Yos-town's advice in the future though as town. Think of it as an exception to the rule for me. Yos is just that good :).
Do not lynch me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Ether »

Elmo wrote:The deadline mechanic was a good idea. The two main issues seem to be one-liners and having to gamble on other people being active. Personally, I'd rather like to steal a revised version: There is a grace period of X weeks. After that, if there is a day in which less than half the players have posted content, an absolute one week deadline is imposed. What constitutes "content" is arbitrarily determined by the mod. Actually, if I mod anything again, I'll probably use this :smile:
I like this, though I probably wouldn't give a full week for that (impatience). I worry that this cast managed to sustain itself better than the average cast would, because the werewolves needed the lynch as much as everyone else did (and there was no indication in their role PMs that they were immune to nightkills). Next time, I'm probably gonna experiment with a mystery deadline.

The daytalk was awesome while it was around. There's a QuickTopic, which I'll post after 24 hours if none of the scum ask me not to, and Eldarad and Y were PMing early on Day 1 because they were worried Mizzy was a mole for some reason.
Guardian wrote:I wasn't sure what would happen in endgame with me and one werewolf, so I wanted to try and get the lynch right.
Sorry--Zindaras asked about a 1:1:0 situation early on and I told him up-front that he trumped in endgame.
Hasdgfas wrote:You going to mod something else soon Ether?
I promised I'd mod a sequel to Meta uPick. Feel free to join that; someone's gonna need to send a guideline that keeps lurkers like Flameaxe and SSK in line.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:50 am

Huh. Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that.

It was weird trying to "hunt" when the way the game played out meant I was absolutely confident who the werewolves were. It might have even handicapped me a little.

Eldarad's crazy "werewolves-aren't-scum" makes so much more sense now.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:32 am

Post by eldarad »

Ether wrote:The daytalk was awesome while it was around. There's a QuickTopic, which I'll post after 24 hours if none of the scum ask me not to, and Eldarad and Y were PMing early on Day 1 because they were worried Mizzy was a mole for some reason.
Yeah, that was my fault. I was convinced Mizzy was acting scummy
in our daytalk
which got me all paranoid.
I'm happy for Ether to post the Quicktopic link, and the PM's I sent to Y.

TSPN called it absolutely right - it just shows that being right isn't enough ;-)
I was pretty pleased with the epic distancing I had with Mizzy, although as it turned out TSPN saw right through it.

It was a very confusing setup, but I enjoyed it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”