Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 3.3
Fidget
(1):
Kerset
(1):

Not voting
(3): Fidget, ready2rock, Kerset

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-28 21:36:00)
Last edited by Umlaut on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:23 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Kerset is not town because she spent as much time as anyone doing role spec with me

In a game plagued by inactive lurk prod slots

And then after days where I felt like the only one talking, suddenly the fact that I did setup spec is BAD, or something. But kerset only reveals this opinion after there's a sub-in who might buy that opinion
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:25 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

You don't spend a week thinking "man, if only the puppy would talk about something besides spec setup," not say it, then come out and say "omg I've been waiting for a different conversation"

" We could've talked about something else" means "Kerset could have talked about something else." But somehow it's "Puppy could have talked about something else." That doesn't come from town CMV
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 787, Fidget wrote:
In post 431, midwaybear wrote:
In post 426, innocentvillager wrote:i hope im doing the right thing

i am an investigative role
This is low key scummy because you aren’t specifying what role. I still will vote ydrasse though
VOTE: Ydrasse
Ehhhhhh if midway were trying to claim his credit here, why the hell would he shade IV and still vote Ydrasse? Surely he'd pick one or the other?

BM chose to wait until IV gave more info. Midway was like "Okay Imma vote Ydrasse but you're kinda scummy too", which is just such an odd thing to say honestly even as either alignment but also as scum trying to get credit.
The answer is pretty simple,

Mid voted ydra right after he got counterclaimed. With CC, it was quite obvious that ydra will be executed regardless, so mid was securing his place on the wagon and wanted to be convincing.
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 798, Fidget wrote:Kerset, do you think Puppy is on the scumteam in the scenario there's two scum left?
likely
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:56 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 803, Kerset wrote:Mid voted ydra right after he got counterclaimed. With CC, it was quite obvious that ydra will be executed regardless, so mid was securing his place on the wagon and wanted to be convincing.
This argument assumes that I'm scum, so it doesn't work.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 801, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Kerset is not town because she spent as much time as anyone doing role spec with me

And then after days where I felt like the only one talking, suddenly the fact that I did setup spec is BAD, or something. But kerset only reveals this opinion after there's a sub-in who might buy that opinion
I wanted to talk about players but got ignored, i even gave a reminder.
In post 719, Kerset wrote:I think that one of the mafia members is midway. He lacks of commitment to his own leads. Technically he picked Ydrasse to be his target but his whole agenda was only about pursuing dunn at the time and lynching him. Ydr is only mentioned in terms of receiving credit for his eventual flip.
In post 734, Kerset wrote:We should get some discussion with arguments being made. We just kind of stare at each other right now.
In post 736, Kerset wrote:
In post 719, Kerset wrote:He lacks of commitment to his own leads. Technically he picked Ydrasse to be his target but his whole agenda was only about pursuing dunn at the time and lynching him. Ydr is only mentioned in terms of receiving credit for his eventual flip.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Kerset »

It kind of bothers me how Fidget is trying to get me in conflict with puppy. In she calls out the exact thing, she noticed that i am bothered about recently.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:02 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

yeah and i asked u for ur midway opinion, and instead of elaborating you just quoted ur old post about it. don't spend the game not-talking-about-scumreads and then complain that i also was not-talking-about-scumreads
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Kerset »

bc you didn't discuss 'this', opinion
anyway, i don't want to argue about it, because something is pushing me to fight you and i am pretty sure that this is what scum want atm
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:07 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

btw the reason im hung up on setup spec is if there's no scumteam the associations are completely different than if there is a traitor

i would like to hear fidget give this more than a once-over. she has reads pretty baked in about how midway looks for pushing ydrasse and how me/kerset look on the ydrasse wagon. but if there's a traitor afoot, well, that sort of BTFO's any standard scum associations.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:09 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 809, Kerset wrote:bc you didn't discuss 'this', opinion
anyway, i don't want to argue about it, because something is pushing me to fight you and i am pretty sure that this is what scum want atm
fair enough, i think i am a little annoyed with this game b/c after posting regularly for weeks with no one else around now suddenly i'm the hot suspect because...?

on that note, r2r, you are basically mechanically clear and not posting, bruh. please post a little more, we could all use some guidance from a town-slot, a little discussion here could make or break the game
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 803, Kerset wrote:
In post 787, Fidget wrote:
In post 431, midwaybear wrote:

This is low key scummy because you aren’t specifying what role. I still will vote ydrasse though
VOTE: Ydrasse
Ehhhhhh if midway were trying to claim his credit here, why the hell would he shade IV and still vote Ydrasse? Surely he'd pick one or the other?

BM chose to wait until IV gave more info. Midway was like "Okay Imma vote Ydrasse but you're kinda scummy too", which is just such an odd thing to say honestly even as either alignment but also as scum trying to get credit.
The answer is pretty simple,

Mid voted ydra right after he got counterclaimed. With CC, it was quite obvious that ydra will be executed regardless, so mid was securing his place on the wagon and wanted to be convincing.
That doesn't explain why scum midway would include the comment about not trusting IV. You'd want the bus to be as strong as possible at that point, yes? Why pretend to doubt the investigative and then still go along with it?

BM doubted IV at first, waited and waited for more info, and then went on Ydrasse after IV elaborated on his role. That makes more sense if you're gonna be hesitant about it.
In post 807, Kerset wrote:It kind of bothers me how Fidget is trying to get me in conflict with puppy. In she calls out the exact thing, she noticed that i am bothered about recently.
Wdym? The "is Puppy on the scumteam" comment?

I think either you or Puppy is scum. It only makes sense I'm going to focus on you two. I wanted to hear more about your traitor theory and who it makes scum
In post 810, CantHateAPuppy wrote:btw the reason im hung up on setup spec is if there's no scumteam the associations are completely different than if there is a traitor

i would like to hear fidget give this more than a once-over. she has reads pretty baked in about how midway looks for pushing ydrasse and how me/kerset look on the ydrasse wagon. but if there's a traitor afoot, well, that sort of BTFO's any standard scum associations.
I think I am pretty solid on believing there is not a traitor. I talked about it for a while on the previous page. Check .

Besides. If there is a traitor, they did know scum's identities. It doesn't change the associations the currently living players have to Ydrasse, it only matters for Ydrasses' associations with that traitor.

Why is this topic so important to you? I feel like it changes nothing for me.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 801, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Kerset is not town because she spent as much time as anyone doing role spec with me

oo that's my theory alright. I made it clear i am willing to go after Kerset or Puppy, and now you're both attacking each other.

After persuading me into choosing wrong, the scum then plays into midway's prior suspicion of Blair on the next day, miselims me in Xylo, GG.

But which one of you two is the scum? I will have more time to devote to this question later tonight.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by ready2rock »

In post 811, CantHateAPuppy wrote: on that note, r2r, you are basically mechanically clear and not posting, bruh. please post a little more, we could all use some guidance from a town-slot, a little discussion here could make or break the game
So much pressure coming from a puppy!

Apologies, on top of my already busy schedule that was supposed to be springing up, more matters came up that made me even busier

And to be honest, I'm not very confident in my reads, as I feel like I've been wrong this entire game. Even day 1 when we got scum I read her as town until the CC, so me sucking this game isn't helping my motivation.

fwiw though, I don't think Kerset is scum because I think pulling a gambit like this would be quite risky, as I said before. And I've townread midway all game, so that leaves Fidget and Puppy for me personally.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

yeah, that's wair, after i wrote that i saw your post saying famil matters so... thanks for not chewing my head off :)

still not thinking it's fidget/blair. i probably need to reread

normally i like to townhunt but if there's a traitor or not, the easiest way to play would just be to look for the one scum we know has to be there.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Couple things of note as I reread during night phase (apologies for not posting them sooner)

The exchange that takes up most of this page here between BM and Ydarsse seems like a lot of attention drawn to be the two of them interacting and overly chummy to be the scumteam IMO

I'm conflicted as far as Blair's tunneling of Dunn goes, because I could see it coming from town or scum. I feel like as either alignment she'd push a case as much as she can for as long as she can if she feels confident in the read, or is trying to get a miselim as the case may be.

I think puppy's my main scumread at the moment because he's been throwing votes in both days 1 and 2 onto slots that have either flipped town or that I read as town

More thoughts to come in a sec, mostly on puppy
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by ready2rock »

To the point about the lack of NKA, my NKA is that scum killed the CC night 1 and a slot that was pretty widely townread night 2, and that I will probably get nightkilled tonight
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by ready2rock »

In post 457, Blair wrote: I'd rather launch Dunnstral today and let the PR claims self-sort.
I know I went on forever about it day 2, but this post still bothered me on a reread, particularly saying "self-sort." How would that work, and why push for it at the point of a CC?
In post 408, CantHateAPuppy wrote:VOTE: Dunn

Too bad, I was going to switch before I saw the claim anyways : |
In post 410, CantHateAPuppy wrote:VOTE: midwaybear last minute compromise wagon anybody
These two posts also jumped out at me (these were before the CC). Feels like trying to divert attention as quickly as possible to the 2 most popular wagons that day. The midway vote especially felt strange since that wagon had died down by that point
In post 657, CantHateAPuppy wrote: right now the r2r wagon is "leading" with two votes (not sure I cont your residual vote from BM), so if you want a different wagon please argue a better one or jump on

Personally I don't wanna no launch
Here's the one that really bothered me, because it was misleading. At this point here was the votecount:
In post 641, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 2.4
Nosferatu
(2): ,
Blair
ready2rock
Dunnstral
(1):
Battle Mage
(1):

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-16 21:37:00)

Notes:
  • Seeking a replacement for Battle Mage.
I don't think it'd be fair to not count BM, since I'm doubting that he'd have come back in and suddenly started TR'ing Nosferatu for the first time all game. Even setting that one aside though, Blair also had 2 votes, so why push that to the side and try to claim that my wagon is in some way leading when it wasn't

My hypothesis: scum have more of a motivation to mislead here because they stand a better chance to push a miselim onto me at this stage in the day than trying to get people to vote Blair

Not voting yet because we still have a little time to discuss, but this is where I'm leaning atm
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 818, ready2rock wrote:Here's the one that really bothered me, because it was misleading. At this point here was the votecount:
this was a day before deadline with a lot of inactive players. totally fair to push a launch when no one is pushing any wagons except the one on my townread. i would do it again too
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Also, I try not to read into these type of things most of the time, but there have been a few instances of puppy talking about feeling ignored or not listened to this game. It might be nothing, and it might be genuine (which is why I hesitate bringing it up, and I apologize if it is genuine), but it could be a pretty sly AtE from scum trying to get a bit more influence on the town
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

you can scumread me if you want, i'm tired of this game and not sure how much im going to fight it

spent the whole game posting against a lurkbase, talking to blank walls, then having to compromise because nobody's around to work things out. think i played a bad day 1 but that was over a month ago now. not going to hash it all out again at the finish. w/e

pedit: leaving this post as-is lol
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by midwaybear »

yeah, let's just hang fidget today
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

know what, i'm going to stick with my midway townread, he's the only other poster who hasn't had a prod or a sub, he's been posting, my read from yesterday was fine. it's kerset/fidget
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by midwaybear »

thanks? I feel bad for Fidget because she has put in a lot of effort, but BM didn't look like scum with Ydrasse. At least the interactions seemed natural.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”