midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by midwaybear »

If I was bussing Ydrasse, I would not really be despaired...
I would be more jovial.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Kerset »

One thing that crossed my mind is why would scum even kill on n2? If vig presence was predictable then nokill is the best option, it prevents vig from being IC and keeps even numbers of player.
giv me pagetop :(
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

kerset? what do you think of me. not as town/scum, but what's your take on my personality as a player, strengths / weaknesses that sort of thing. not looking for compliments but trying to work something out here
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Also, I'm not really the type of person to do wallposts in general. If I was, my title probably wouldn't be Mafia Scum.
I'm not sure why I was doing it in the beginning, but maybe I'll try to do them more.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

nah nobody reads walls, only write them if you want to show you put in the work or the exercise of typing is helping you think something through. otherwise the ideal post length is maybe a few sentences, longer than the posts i've been writing tbh, long enough to add something productive to the conversation but short enough that people will read them.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 1027, CantHateAPuppy wrote:kerset? what do you think of me. not as town/scum, but what's your take on my personality as a player, strengths / weaknesses that sort of thing. not looking for compliments but trying to work something out here
You seems to be the kind of player, which avoid argues and negative emotions. In terms of hunt more emotional/behavioral oriented then fact-based.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 1029, CantHateAPuppy wrote:nah nobody reads walls
You didn't read fidget walls either? Crap we should have told her that she wastes time typing it.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1030, Kerset wrote:which avoid argues and negative emotions
In post 361, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i keep trying to say more and nobody engages with me! :( it's hard being this obvtown when the rest of the town is having meaningless discussions that don't go anywhere and nobody cares about my opinion
In post 821, CantHateAPuppy wrote:you can scumread me if you want, i'm tired of this game and not sure how much im going to fight it

spent the whole game posting against a lurkbase, talking to blank walls, then having to compromise because nobody's around to work things out. think i played a bad day 1 but that was over a month ago now. not going to hash it all out again at the finish. w/e
In post 909, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i really regret launching dunn now. why am i even posting if all my reads get ignored until lurkers and subs come in at the last minute? u guys have been too much work this game, it's like trying to stand on jello. graveyard, here i come, sorry i wasn't as obvtown as i thought!
:?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1030, Kerset wrote:
In post 1027, CantHateAPuppy wrote:kerset? what do you think of me. not as town/scum, but what's your take on my personality as a player, strengths / weaknesses that sort of thing. not looking for compliments but trying to work something out here
You seems to be the kind of player, which avoid argues and negative emotions. In terms of hunt more emotional/behavioral oriented then fact-based.
thank you. am i someone you would want to get in an argument with? or if we disagreed on some point would you let it go quietly
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Kerset »

he even said sorry in 909
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i even said sorry in 909
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1034, Kerset wrote:he even said sorry in 909
In post 1035, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i even said sorry in 909
mindmeld real or fake
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

fake. i just copied
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 1033, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
thank you. am i someone you would want to get in an argument with? or if we disagreed on some point would you let it go quietly
The only people that i would avoid arguing are someone like jingle or radiantcowbells, who don't know when to end argues and flood me with endless posts.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by midwaybear »

one of you is scum, and I am no closer to finding out who...
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Kerset »

Puppy is there any conclusion coming from your questions?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1038, Kerset wrote:
In post 1033, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
The only people that i would avoid arguing are someone like jingle or radiantcowbells, who don't know when to end argues and flood me with endless posts.
In post 1040, Kerset wrote:Puppy is there any conclusion coming from your questions?
im trying to figure out, if you were scum, whether you would waffle between your options or pick one town to buddy and another to launch

midway would waffle between, but he would also do that as town too
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 1022, Kerset wrote:We got d1 midway. Which makes posts like this
Spoiler:
In post 238, midwaybear wrote:
In post 219, Ydrasse wrote:i sheep this

VOTE: ready2rock

i don't think that ready2rock's statement about nosferatu is really that confident though, tbf. "very combatitive" is strong wording ig but given that it's pinned on as an afterthought i'd argue that there isn't a lot of heart in it.
yeah this is sorta a hedge. I feel better about my vote.
In post 220, ready2rock wrote:To clarify a bit, my case is that in his read of midway, especially his ISO analysis post, he presents every post and basically waves his arms and says "see? this is clearly scum!" There's almost no "this isn't too bad" or "I could see this coming from misled town, but..." and this is what I meant by uncharitable.
I actually felt differently about his early read on me. He was leaving room to townread me and that was the reason for my initial vote.
In post 220, ready2rock wrote:I kinda want to say that this is too careless to come from scum. Been wrong on that before, but I'll go with that for now
With Dunnstral, being lazy as scum is definitely something he would do. I don't think you should let someone free from suspicion just because they seem to be too scummy to be scum.

I think I can see r2r's point based on the quoted portions in about how BM was being uncharitable towards me.

ok then...

I do agree with IV's most recent post about how BM's early interactions with me aren't necessarily scum motivated. I'm also not realla fan of Blair calling out people but not really explaining why she thinks that way.

We can argue whenever he pushed ydeasee or someone else but he was actively enforcing his ideas.
Then we got d2 midway. This is like his one biggest post over there.
Spoiler:
In post 594, midwaybear wrote:Ok, I should have more time on this game now.
@Nosferatu is BM scum just because of how he voted Ydrasse? I know he pressured you for some bad reasons early in the game, but is there anything more to it?
I'm leaning away from Dunnstral, but he probably has to go at some point in this game because he isn't doing much right now.
r2r and Blair I need to look at more...
Still not sure who to vote yet, but we have time.

Once first scum died, he became idle. There is nothing towny in his passive gameplay and the simplest explanation is that he gave up once he lost his partner so early. With d1 scum lynch, this is what i expect from second scum - despair. It's not like you were posting a lot on d2 but there wasn't any major difference between your d1 and d2.
Cheap lamist trick like hey i was the one who got scum is meh, just scummy looking at actually events.
In post 1023, CantHateAPuppy wrote:midway doesn't deserve that much credit for ydrasse imo because he just asserted she was scum and voted, then hopped off and later back on when it was a strong wagon. not much pushing. otoh it's not exactly scummy either
You only commented my last line. Why did you skip the rest?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

1023 was actually totally unrelated to 1022
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i could also see idling as town coasting after a scum launch, which would make sense b/c that's what everyone else was doing too d2
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:06 am

Post by Kerset »

The problem is that you are trying to find evidence to prove your conclusion of mid being town, rather then looking for evidence to determine this conclusion.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:26 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

no just decided it doesn't lean me either direction
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:52 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1045, Kerset wrote:The problem is that you are trying to find evidence to prove your conclusion of mid being town, rather then looking for evidence to determine this conclusion.
Hm that was also my gameplan. I wanted to convince myself that BM/Kerset was town, so I could have confidence in voting puppy. I think I'm going to take a more holistic approach though and maybe go through some isos later.
It's just words rn.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:30 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Mid if I was scum I'd vote with kerset against you and win. Game would be over
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:30 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1048, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Mid if I was scum I'd vote with kerset against you and win. Game would be over
not that simple. Kerset would probably get suspicious if you tried to get her to vote me...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”