Rata Mall - Basement - Phase 4

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:31 am

Post by groza529 »

"Well, first thing's first, let's put this down... apparently it was a challenge getting down the stairs with it."
Set pipe on the ground.
Glance around room searching for anything that has changed since I was last here
Open the cupboard and take the crescent wrench

"I will turn the silver valve. But first, two questions..."
"1) Are we able to speak freely in here? I know that you were able to see me from the cafe, though Lacey said she was not able to find such an apparatus."
"And 2) Are you in need of a mirror? I see you looking for shards. Will this help?"
Show Tesla wing mirror to Xavier
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by groza529 »

"She did confirm there was already one attempt, but it sounds like it may have reset when Terry vanished."
Johannes thumbs the mirror. "I haven't yet found a use for this; it just seemed like a useful sort of thing to grab. If you need it, I suppose you can have it."
Give mirror to Xavier
"Incidentally, the reason you didn't see me take it is because it only broke off in the bank... a truck collision will do that I suppose."
Johannes gestures toward the camera. "So what I believe you said is that Lacey simply overlooked the camera, but that with people in the cafe this season, as we know there probably are, we should have no expectation of privacy. Is that correct? Safe for both of us then, I suppose."
"Anyway, let's get this thing going."
Turn silver valve anti-clockwise on the off generator.

"By the way, we should not have to deal with the rigmarole Lacey suggested about managing a gas leak while turning this on... If it were leaking, that strobe light," Johannes points toward the southwest ceiling, "Would warn us."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by groza529 »

<Sorry, simulpost -- wrote too much. Let's get the generator going first and then I'll shine the flashlight.>
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:26 am

Post by groza529 »

(I’d also like to know this)
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:53 am

Post by groza529 »

"Well, now that we have got the generator functioning again... Let's see what is in this hole."
Shine flashlight into ceiling and look around
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by groza529 »

"By the way, as far as 'fixing' the water... When I hit the lever before it caused the flow to accelerate, then shudder violently, then stop. It appears that Sir Leo removed this pipe from the bathroom, which is most likely the cause of the leak, so we would need to return to the bathroom to properly repair it. But we might stop the flow at least... though it might also lead to accelerated flooding from the bathroom first."
"That said, there may be a reason to remove the pipe down here... Sir Leo claims to have heard something jingling and clanging in the pipe. Likely it has already gone out to sea, but perhaps it got trapped. If we do wish to remove the pipe, of course I suggest shutting off the water at the lever first."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:55 am

Post by groza529 »

"As I said before, I am more worried at present about the gas being weaponized than I am about it being needed, but perhaps we can compromise... The valves are stuck. I cannot loosen them alone. Let's try to loosen the valves so that if the gas becomes necessary it can be repaired by one person."
Attempt to turn the valves
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:02 am

Post by groza529 »

Stop attempting to turn the valves

"Fair point."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:58 am

Post by groza529 »

Like I said, the first time it got fast before it stopped. But there was also someone in the bathroom so perhaps he did something.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #46 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:42 am

Post by groza529 »

“So it does not appear the water is responding quite the same way this time. Either that or it is taking much longer. I wonder if there was a second step in the bathroom, or if it was merely a one-time thing such as a blockage being dislodged. Just to check...”
Look through pipe (the one I brought with me)
Shine flashlight into same
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #49 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 am

Post by groza529 »

Probably. Doesn’t seem it’s doing anything.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #50 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by groza529 »

Flip switch to off
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #52 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by groza529 »

"Stops? Hmm. Perhaps the flow is slow enough for us to check the pipe. If nothing else we should be able to tell pretty quickly if it will be a problem."
Begin loosening the water pipe (with the pipe wrench).
If there is significant splashing/leakage, re-tighten the pipe. If there is minimal splashing, remove the pipe.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #55 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by groza529 »

Allow use of torch
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #56 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by groza529 »

Johannes hems while Xavier is peering into the pipe. "Hey, as long as we're down here just the two of us, there is perhaps another threat I should warn you about... honestly it sounds rather crazy, but no crazier than what I've seen elsewhere since arriving. However, before I can tell you, I'm afraid I must ask an unusual favor. I promise I can explain."

"I need to see the skin on the underside of your right arm. Between the shoulder and elbow."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #59 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by groza529 »

"OK, I did not see what I was looking for... Which is a good thing."
Johannes cleared his throat. "We were attacked in the bank. A gorilla of a man entered through one of the security doors in a drug-fueled rage, demanding to know why we were in "his" bank. Nobody I recognized. While trying to decide how to respond, a companion pulled out some sort of gun and shot him and he was... I guess the best word is 'vaporized.' Only his feet remained. It was shocking, to say the least."
"At this point, the gun was turned on me until I revealed my arm, just as you've done. It was explained that somewhere in this mall, someone has been mind-controlled, and possesses the tools to similarly control others: some sort of anesthetic-filled syringes and subcutaneous microchips. The microchips give off a green glow from the underside of the arm, or so I'm told... I've not found anyone showing such a hue. Considering that I have been asking nonchalantly like this, I have probably been quite lucky."
Johannes paces a bit, wiping his brow. "You are the second that I've told this to, in addition to three of us in the bank, making a total of five aware that I know of. I don't fancy the idea of becoming mind-controlled, so I feel it is in my best interest to continue the search. It has crossed my mind that it might be nothing more than a crazy conspiracy theory, but examining arms is a small price to pay."
"There is one more thing we were told about the situation. Those who are mind-controlled have no memory of what occurred prior to the implantation. We have begun to develop unique countersigns to prove that we remain unaffected. You and I should establish one as well... If we are separated, and then later reunited, I shall say to you..." Johannes looks skeptically at the camera. Although the voice has stopped responding, it is difficult to say for certain that someone was not listening in.
Whisper to Xavier
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #60 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by groza529 »

"Now that I've got that off my chest, I don't believe there is anything left to do with the water unless we want to turn it back on and see if something flows out... might make a mess though. If nothing else we should replace the pipe before we go."

Examine the basement floor for a drain.

"The generators are elevated, yes? So even if the floor gets a tiny bit wet they should not be affected."

Examine generators, ensure that they are off the ground (including cabling etc.)
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #64 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:01 am

Post by groza529 »

Stand aside and flip lever to ON
Allow the water to flow for approximately 1 minute
Flip lever to OFF
Pick up anything that looks like it wouldn't normally belong in a water/sewage pipe
Return water pipe to proper location and tighten
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #65 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:01 am

Post by groza529 »

Stand aside and flip lever to ON
Allow the water to flow for approximately 1 minute
Flip lever to OFF
Pick up anything that looks like it wouldn't normally belong in a water/sewage pipe
Return water pipe to proper location and tighten
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #73 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:58 am

Post by groza529 »

I will
pick up the (bathroom) pipe

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”