Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

There's only one miselim Isis

Assuming tea leaves' record of correctly townreading me remains unbroken, this game is over and my vote shall stay

Long story short i have a towntell that they've pointed out in every town game i've ever played and never seen it in any scum game of mine. Them not pointing it out this game is either the end of an era or they're scum

I was leaning voting tea but after their intro post i just had to do it

that's a kind of lame way to play ik so ill make sure i have it right later today or tomorrow if classwork eats me alive

Tldr i think Isis tone-wise comes off as townier to me but just reading her actions alone I guess there isn't anything that clears her
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Tea did you have that case on me prepared?

A Ydrasse scumflip launches GL upwards

It also launches Farren and Bell upwards

im using associations -- of course my reads change drastically based on Ydrasses' alignment. i can clear people off of more than feels

So if Farren/GL/Bell are put in the "no touch pile", then it naturally would follow that whoever was at the top of my list before will be below them

i get the argument you're making but i feel you're ignoring how Ydrasse's interactions with certain players just makes me inclined to put them off the table
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1811, tea leaves wrote:The scummy thing is how she sets ups her reads to change based on who flips. Like, here:
In post 1672, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm playing around with the idea that I have way too many townreads because there really is only one scum inside of Bell/tea/Farren/Isis/Guilty, and I'm only avoiding voting Ydrasse because of a false metatell

If Ydrasse is scum here, that probably clears GL/Farren. I still do not think it's Bell. Could Ydrasse be paired with one of tea/Isis perhaps? Isis didn't really have game-related interactions with Ydrasse, just tons of fluffy ones, and tea placed Ydrasse quite high on their readslist initially, dropped her down after a while, but still kept GL/Dunn/Gamma lower and also definitely considered Farren D1.

today Isis joined the Guilty wagon but left quickly after the first sign of it potentially dying came (Dunn townreading GL),
and tea did it even earlier (after Ydrasse naked voted GL). Not super surprising potential behaviour from a partner there

Am I missing anything that could disprove Ydrasse/Isis or Ydrasse/tea?
I don't think a Ydrasse!scum flip should launch her top two townreads into her top two scumreads, I don't believe that's a genuine thought process, and some bussing/non-bussing suggestions should affect her reads so greatly.

Also, regarding the highlighted in orange: She says I voted Ydrasse "even earlier" like this is a suggestion that it's stronger evidence that I'm bussing, when infact it should it be the opposite.
Don't know about stronger but my point was that I could see either coming from a partner of Ydrasse. I meant that you did it even earlier than Isis, I didn't really mean that it's more suspicious, just that it's also valid bussing timing imo

Also why would it matter if i was trying to portray that as stronger evidence for bussing? Do i gain more from making you more suspicious than Isis? I'm not even sure what the point here is
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1820, tea leaves wrote:
In post 1552, Morning Tweet wrote:VOTE: Guilty

hahah i got a spot on the wagon
This vote is also super strange. It comes after Ydrasse did that scummy L-1 vote on Hobbes, and we all discuss how scummy that is and momentum starts to shift back to Ydrasse from Hobbes. Queue Morning coming in putting Hobbes right back on L-1.
It was more like

>Ydrasse votes GL to L-1

*im talking about who GL's partner would even be, i talk about how i'd try to defend Ydrasse as scum*

>GL, Farren and tea vote Ydrasse

*im still talking about stuff like how Ydrasse's L-1 was blatantly scummy but I guess makes sense cause of previous reads. I give a readlist with GL/Ydrasse at the bottom. I continue to say there must be one arso in GL/Ydrasse. Honestly i did so much thought dumping here it's out of my scumrange*

>A votecount with GL at X-2 and Ydrasse at X-2 pops up

>And THEN i vote GL to X-1

You make it sound like I was coming to her rescue / jumping on the GL wagons moments later when in reality a did a ton of thought dumping that should *probably* make me obvtown for you

And I unvoted a few pages later anyway as a result of talking with Isis for a while which made me feel like i had something totally wrong

if I were scum I'd have either continued to push GL/Isis or have bussed Ydrasse earlier and harder -- tiptoeing between both forever and not really being sure would make me look infinitely worse
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

So yeah I still don't think it's Isis and now I'm kind of tunneled onto tea. My apologies

What happened to your Bell suspicions, tea?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

We should definitely look at how the wagon on me formed /how the Ydrasse wagon dissolved
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:04 am

Post by tea leaves »

Funnily enough, you have half-towntold in this game, but I'm not sure whether I should count those as proper "towntells".

I didn't have that case prepared, no, I wrote it up on the stop.

I probably shouldn't be posting right now, I'm playing voice mafia, will be back later.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Farren »

Let's start from 1175:

Ydrasse - 3 (Bell, Guilty, Gamma)
tea - 2 (Farren, Isis)
Gamma Emerald - 1 (Dunnstral)
Dunnstral - 1 (tea leaves)
Guilty - 1 (Ydrasse)
No Vote - Morning Tweet

Ydrasse votes tea leaves.
Bell votes Gamma.
tea leaves votes Gamma.
Isis votes Gamma (E-1)
Gamma votes tea leaves.
GL hammers Gamma.

Ydrasse at that point seemed to think tea leaves was an acceptable candidate for not-her. Makes tea leaves look better.
Dunnstral was on you initially. Then Bell, then tea leaves, then Isis, then GL.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Bell can you expand on your paranoia around the time you voted me? I want to understand some of the inner mechanisms of how those votes moved.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1831, tea leaves wrote:Funnily enough, you have half-towntold in this game, but I'm not sure whether I should count those as proper "towntells".

I didn't have that case prepared, no, I wrote it up on the stop.

I probably shouldn't be posting right now, I'm playing voice mafia, will be back later.
Mafia addict
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1832, Farren wrote:Ydrasse at that point seemed to think tea leaves was an acceptable candidate for not-her. Makes tea leaves look better.
In post 1022, Ydrasse wrote:this is on the presumption that dunn is uncc'd + if it is and i'm asleep everyone can strongarm an elim on him through regardless

VOTE: guiltylion

town dunn makes me feel better about tea + that vote a while back. my working brain completely brushed over the fact gl had said that thing about me + dunn. i don't like how he was ready to switch to me at any point were the signs there and then didn't really do much about it when i joined a wagon that he was also on. even if he thinks that we don't make sense together i'd think that someone would be a little more worried about their Strongest (?) scumread hopping on with them.

p-edit: ya that's fine with me
She had a post not too far back saying she feels better about tea leaves and voted for GL. I think it's very likely GL was actually who Ydrasse wanted to be eliminated initially but she got backed up into having to vote tea

no one could have predicted Bell was going to flip flop off of Ydrasse onto Gamma. At that point it had seemed like Ydrasse or Tea, one needs to go, and if Ydrasse avoided the tea wagon it'd have looked odd down the line. I dont think this should be points for tea

She couldn't really hard bus tea either because she was decently town on tea judging from this GL post.
In post 1176, Ydrasse wrote:ugh

VOTE: tea leaves
it reads to me that she was giving GL her best shot at eliminating until forced to go where the thread made her. Not necessarily scum indictative for tea but definitely not town indictative -- i think her hand is forced here
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1831, tea leaves wrote:Funnily enough, you have half-towntold in this game, but I'm not sure whether I should count those as proper "towntells".
Depends if i half town-tell as scum then I suppose

If you're town i guess that means i am evolving (>ω<)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1836, Morning Tweet wrote:

is this a scumslip
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Bell »

Oh, Ydrasse. That was Disney evil.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Isis wrote:
In post 1836, Morning Tweet wrote:

is this a scumslip
no

basically tea is using some kind of thing i do every town game to always tell what my alignment is -- this is something i'd like to break free from at some point
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Bell »

Farren, leaves unlikely to be scum.

Isis, MT, GL. Possible for scum.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

It's not Isis i think probably

Why are we writing off leaves -- seriously i need this explained to me like im six y.o. i guess because whatever it is im missing it and i am sorry for that
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1821, Farren wrote:
In post 1796, Isis wrote:Farren why are you even scumreading me
Because my picture of you right now involves a high amount of fluff, especially with Ydrasse.

Because you stayed off the wagon that eliminated Ydrasse, and tried to talk her into self-hammering - which means less info for Town, more people off the wagon.

Because all that talk about me in the scum PT is starting to sound like projection.
Why is fluff mafia indicative

you can't equate something that annoys you with a predictor of alignment.

of the few people who managed cobble together some kind of scumread towards me in the game I just won, one of them was the one who noticed I was fluffposting less than usual and that that might mean I was scum

I was on Ydrasse wagon, so, that's a factual innacccuracy I guess.

The last bit is just assuming the conclusion

I don't really plan to revisit your alignment this game but I feel a little surprised how underwhelming your analysis is. Could you like, dig deeper please? A lot of it seems to make a lot more sense if you were trying to tap into someone who's been playing mafia for ten weeks, not ten years

I will never, ever use a game thread to communicate with a partner to offset daytalk not being available, because the risks in that rather plainly outweigh the rewards. I forget/forgot daytalk isn't available most of this game, but Tweet being very sharp on that at certain points is one of the things that seems scum indicative for her.
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Bell can you answer my question? Even a simple “I don’t remember” is fine.
<Embrace The Void>

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1841, Morning Tweet wrote:Why are we writing off leaves -- seriously i need this explained to me like im six y.o. i guess because whatever it is im missing it and i am sorry for that
i'm gonna flashwagon him in like four RL days but you are really ruining his surprise party right now
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Bell »

ydrasse bullied tea leaves.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1843, Gamma Emerald wrote:Bell can you answer my question? Even a simple “I don’t remember” is fine.
Thread exploded let me look.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Isis »

if we only have 2 chops I'm just gonna accept that scum!Bell wins the game, I don't think I can convince myself and everyone else he was definitely bussing in 2 chops. But!
when you eat your pie crusts
meditate on the fabric of reality
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Isis »

ok that's my factual innaccuracy
I 100% thought I was already voting Ydrasse when I posted what I posted
I can see how that seems like a weird post now, it is much briefer to just hammer Ydrasse myself, but I thought I couldn't do that, cause I was already voting her
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1833, Gamma Emerald wrote:Bell can you expand on your paranoia around the time you voted me? I want to understand some of the inner mechanisms of how those votes moved.
Okay. Ydrasse didn’t vote you and town read you when presented the opportunity to do the opposite in a precarious position. when I thought from a survivalist perspective she wouldn’t do that. Other than that, good ol’ paranoia and lack of confidence in my own reads and ideas.

Return to “Completed Open Games”