*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also, shelly, you've had iv as a townread for the majority of the day so far; what was the turning point for you, so to speak, to move away from that?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

HAH. mine.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 230, PlusJOYED wrote:Who loves readlists? I do!

kerset: Shitposter, which is NAI. My gut says they are town though but not a lot to go on; I feel like scum would be more self aware and worried about being SR'd from shitposting, and the mason thing might be a unique way of rvs 3 other players to see reactions. TR.

Ydrasse: Mild scumtell mainly from gut but it's getting weaker as time passes, would vote over other TR but mostly null at this point. Their posts seem NAI though #49 was pretty townie. Null atm.

Andres: null, only posted once

Saudade: feels kinda scummy, especially his entrance and making an excuse to lurk like IV said, but it could just be his personality. His kerset attack seems really random and feels mildly scummy overall. SR.

Shellyc: Feels like her scumgame but it could also be recentcy bias so idk. I'd like to look a townie game from here actually, since they have q knack for appearing townie as scum naturally. Leaning null for now.

bob: Town read actually. His opener is pretty wack and that logic seems strange but I think he believes it. going against the grain and taking a risk/getting discussion going is townie as heck. TR

teacher: kinda ignored their early wagon which is a lil weird. I'm glad he's calling out IV but honestly NAI at this point. The
vote at #90 seems so late and doesn't make sense. null for now

Menal: Why are they handing out TR/pockets so much? Seem self aware too. But I don't think a scum menal would throw pockets that much and be open about it, so I TR them.

IV: total scumbucket. I'll do a full casing later. I'm aware this tunnel without explanation is sus from me but idc. I want him to lower his guard first and hit him with a big list later on. SR

Taylor swift; agreeable lurker. Minor SR but need more to go off of. They've seem to have gone largely unnoticed so I'd like someone to pressure them at some point. SR overall

NDMath: null, only posted once

osuka: also going against IV without much explanation, most of his posts are about IV and I don't think he's trying to pocket me either since we expressed a SR on IV around the same time. Null for now

current SR is IV > Taylor > saudade
i actually found the one? game i think you've completed on here and am working off that information.

as town you seemed content to say 'idk' a lot regarding slots when you outted an initial reads list in that previous game, with more content in that one to boot. here, it feels like you're trying to fill up space with words that you really don't need to like you did in that post that pushed me to vote you.

do you feel nervous this game at all, or are you trying to put to use somehow the experience you've had to post more informed reads...? i admittedly get a sense of unsureness from this that feels like you're trying not to commit too much to things/not rock the boat (lil weird, kinda scummy, etc).
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 298, Ydrasse wrote:plusjoyed, could you link me to a town game + a scum game, please?
yeah
as VT: (replaced in day 2)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=83887

I haven't rolled scum yet on this site, but I do have a game or 2 on another forum from about 5 years ago (hypixel). If you'd like that I can dig it up but I like to think my brain has developed more since then.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i feel like 5 years is probably too much to get anything from, at least for me; i did find that game though!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 302, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 230, PlusJOYED wrote:Who loves readlists? I do!

kerset: Shitposter, which is NAI. My gut says they are town though but not a lot to go on; I feel like scum would be more self aware and worried about being SR'd from shitposting, and the mason thing might be a unique way of rvs 3 other players to see reactions. TR.

Ydrasse: Mild scumtell mainly from gut but it's getting weaker as time passes, would vote over other TR but mostly null at this point. Their posts seem NAI though #49 was pretty townie. Null atm.

Andres: null, only posted once

Saudade: feels kinda scummy, especially his entrance and making an excuse to lurk like IV said, but it could just be his personality. His kerset attack seems really random and feels mildly scummy overall. SR.

Shellyc: Feels like her scumgame but it could also be recentcy bias so idk. I'd like to look a townie game from here actually, since they have q knack for appearing townie as scum naturally. Leaning null for now.

bob: Town read actually. His opener is pretty wack and that logic seems strange but I think he believes it. going against the grain and taking a risk/getting discussion going is townie as heck. TR

teacher: kinda ignored their early wagon which is a lil weird. I'm glad he's calling out IV but honestly NAI at this point. The
vote at #90 seems so late and doesn't make sense. null for now

Menal: Why are they handing out TR/pockets so much? Seem self aware too. But I don't think a scum menal would throw pockets that much and be open about it, so I TR them.

IV: total scumbucket. I'll do a full casing later. I'm aware this tunnel without explanation is sus from me but idc. I want him to lower his guard first and hit him with a big list later on. SR

Taylor swift; agreeable lurker. Minor SR but need more to go off of. They've seem to have gone largely unnoticed so I'd like someone to pressure them at some point. SR overall

NDMath: null, only posted once

osuka: also going against IV without much explanation, most of his posts are about IV and I don't think he's trying to pocket me either since we expressed a SR on IV around the same time. Null for now

current SR is IV > Taylor > saudade
i actually found the one? game i think you've completed on here and am working off that information.

as town you seemed content to say 'idk' a lot regarding slots when you outted an initial reads list in that previous game, with more content in that one to boot. here, it feels like you're trying to fill up space with words that you really don't need to like you did in that post that pushed me to vote you.

do you feel nervous this game at all, or are you trying to put to use somehow the experience you've had to post more informed reads...? i admittedly get a sense of unsureness from this that feels like you're trying not to commit too much to things/not rock the boat (lil weird, kinda scummy, etc).
As town I don't know who the scum are, and it's only page 10. I like readlists for discussion/first impressions but a lot of those guys like andres and Q I have to read null since they've posted very little. I'm mot that nervous no. I was nervous in that game since I replaced in day 2 and it was my first game in 5 years (and the other games I played were pretty night focused since we didn't really have VT's, were bastard, and we were all pretty young).
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

my point was that yeah, it was only page 10 and you were saying a lot for a game that had relatively little, whereas in that newbie game you were content to say 'idk' towards slots rather than here where it's all prettied up with extra words.

even now you're doing it; "as town i don't know who the scum are" is an... obvious thing for us all? :>
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

I can see how you would see the discrepancy as being AI but in reality I just learned a lot from that first game and gained more confidence in my reads since they turned out pretty close. It's NAI but you don't have to believe me.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

I also just like posting a bunch. I don't want to wait too long for stuff to happen, it's bad for town anyway when discussion is slow. Fortunately it's been pretty active
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

okay. can you explain to me what your scumtells are?

p-edit: this game has been chaotic in a good way, i think.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by shellyc »

If someone scumcases me I am compelled to defend myself and/or point out the flaws in the person making the case

despite being SR by town!plusjoy scum!IV instead attempts to pocket them in order to convince plusjoy to get off them
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 300, Ydrasse wrote:also, shelly, you've had iv as a townread for the majority of the day so far; what was the turning point for you, so to speak, to move away from that?
Around post I began backtracking

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 307, PlusJOYED wrote:I can see how you would see the discrepancy as being AI but in reality I just learned a lot from that first game and gained more confidence in my reads since they turned out pretty close. It's NAI but you don't have to believe me.
IMO confidence is a scumtell

being confident indicates that you are sure about your reads

scum are INFORMED and know if they are right or wrong

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by shellyc »

I am not backtracking on my plus TR yet

they are quite self aware and paranoid

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 310, shellyc wrote:If someone scumcases me I am compelled to defend myself and/or point out the flaws in the person making the case

despite being SR by town!plusjoy scum!IV instead attempts to pocket them in order to convince plusjoy to get off them
...where is the pocketing happening though? iv outted a townread on plusjoyed and that's... about it? just because
you
would do something doesn't mean that someone else is going to react the same way.

you also seem very sure of this narrative. :<
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 311, shellyc wrote:
In post 300, Ydrasse wrote:also, shelly, you've had iv as a townread for the majority of the day so far; what was the turning point for you, so to speak, to move away from that?
Around post I began backtracking
then why did you say that iv's vibe in 228 was town? granted you say that 154 was 'cheesy' but that doesn't really imply much of a sr.

in and you affirm the iv townread again.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by shellyc »

look at my completed games

i post in a very sure attitude and it's not AI

indicates that they agree with my TR on them and instead of adding anything to it they just latch on and do nothing else.
says "only read TR" without a real explanation

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: shellyc

i'm not buying this, sorry.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by shellyc »

says I think their play was similar to my playthrough of 2019 (my first ever scumgame and first game in general)
I was very agreeable and sheeped many reads

btw the posts you list were BEFORE I read their ISO. before that I went with my gut and after that I started analysing things in detail

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by shellyc »

your decision

my pure townie energy will shine through

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

the posts were before your reread, but you also just said you were already in the process of reconsidering things again as of 154.

again, you're also projecting /your/ playstyle onto someone else.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by shellyc »

I highlghted the post that made me change my mind

not the time that I began changing my mind

is that a problem though?

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

alright, then.

and also i think so, personally; you're not accounting for the different ways that someone might want to play as town/scum and it narrows down the ways you might read them. it's fine to borrow and compare from your own experiences but iv is an entirely different player.

if you could, could you try to explain what you think iv gains from this playstyle if iv is scum?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

It varies person to person and case by case basis, and instinct/gut plays a pretty big role.

General scumtells are safe play, excessive agreeability or desire to please, pocketing, solves/reads are either too flexible or too rigid, not coming across as genuine/appearing to have ulterior motives outside of solving, and/or trying too hard to appear town among other things

This next part is flawed logic, however...
If a player comes across to me as experienced and/or has a join date before 2016 I hold them to a higher standard. They can probably appear town or scum to an extent how they wish. So depending on this I may insert a level of WIFOM to them if they appear partly town or scum depending on circumstance. I.E. an experienced player obvscumming but appears to be solving their way is likely town and an experienced obvtown player with a few cracks of scumtells is likely scum to me.

Headed to bed for now
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by shellyc »

I have a join date of 2020 yet you apply wifom to me :)

I take that as a compliment

this is not the mafia discussion forum though

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”