[SETUP] The Council

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

[SETUP] The Council

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Kanna »

Spoiler: Old
The Council
7 Town

2 Mafia

Every day, players vote with heal tags for 3 people to become The Council. These 3 people are put into a PT that lasts for the remainder of the day. Eliminations occur as normal.

Before the day ends, The Council must come to a consensus on how to distribute power roles for that night. One investigative and one protective may be chosen. The list is as follows:
  • Investigative: Neapolitan, Tracker, Watcher
  • Protective: Doctor, Bodyguard, Hider
Additionally, each role is attached to a player, which the moderator randomly assigns. If chosen, that player is granted that power role for
one night
. It is possible for the same player to be attached to multiple roles, but it is not possible to give one player more than one role. The choice is given as [Choose one to grant: X is a Neapolitan / Y is a Tracker / Z is a Watcher].

After the roles are chosen, they are removed from the list and not allowed to be chosen again. Mafia can also remove one unchosen role during the night.

Mafia have a factional roleblock and a kill.

Town win when both mafia are eliminated. Mafia win when they achieve parity.

The Council v2
7 Vanilla Townies

2 Mafia Goons

• Every day, players use HEAL: tags to propose a
    Council
    of 3 people. Proposals can be changed freely, but a decision is locked in when the majority of players propose the same combination of 3 people. Should there be no council decided before an elimination is hammered, there will be no council.
  • Council members are made elimination-proof for the day and put into a PT the following night. During the night, they vote in their PT to
    track
    one person and
    protect
    one person. These function as tracker and doctor actions performed by the group.
  • There are no restrictions for these actions; they can be used on anyone in the playerlist, and both can be used on the same person.
  • When day starts, council members receive the results of the track.
  • The setup becomes vanilla on Day 4.
Town win when both mafia are eliminated. Mafia win when they achieve parity.
Last edited by Kanna on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 19 times in total.
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Kanna »

fair enough, how do you think it can be improved? weaker power roles? cop might be too much actually; that'd always chosen D1 and gives an IC by D2... changed that to Neopolitan

as for an all-town council, i was hoping it sounds better on paper than it works in practice, since, as scum, my first reaction would be to rb/kill council members because there'd be a good chance they shared the prs between themselves.

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Kanna »

thanks for the feedback! err... it probably is just as townsided as it looks then. in that case, would changing scum:town to 3:6 be good? or is it too much? a townblock PT could also be ++town for dayplay reasons too now that i think about it.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Kanna »

i like that idea and have changed the OP! i can definitely see mandatory setup talk, and it's understandable some people won't enjoy that. this correction makes people play the setup more as it's intended, i think.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Kanna »

i tried to fix this again !

the different power roles probably made it unnecessarily convoluted so i changed it to a tracker/doctor action. public copping would be interesting, but i don't think being able to peek at that is especially helpful to mafia. peeking at tracker/doctor actions should be helpful though?

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”