retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:29 am

Post by retrowiz »

unvote
now that my origiginal vote is corrected I can remove it...never played a 7person game before...random voting is scary now.

first voter is suspicious.
second voter is bandwagoning
third voter is the l-1
fourth voter is hammer dropper
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 am

Post by retrowiz »

retrowiz wrote:
vote:sekinj
for posting first.
this vote had the wrong name beside it.

no one said it was suspicious, I was just pointing out that in a 7 player game, every vote gets someones finger pointing in there direction
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:11 am

Post by retrowiz »

like I said, I unvoted beacuse I can't throw around votes like candy like I normally might, in a 7 player I gotta have something...even if random.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:45 am

Post by retrowiz »

@ mirth. Yup. my first post in this game I voted for sek for posting first, when it was actually strife who posted first. and yeah...for a smaller game I will change my voting pattern. hell all my strats change cause we're now in like a day 3 or 4 equivalent as opposed to the actual random stage we're in...assuming we are still random.

I will reserve my vote for actual suspects in this game, personally I am out of random stage. my hunt has begin.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:05 am

Post by retrowiz »

arrrrgggghhh....I was going for first to post. I dont seem to know which way is up today.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:49 am

Post by retrowiz »

not saying it would make anyone feel better or worse. just correcting my vote to where I intended it. no more no less.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:32 am

Post by retrowiz »

Azrael001 wrote:Well after realizing that I didn't read part of the thread, I reread it, then posted my opinions. The posts aren't that long, and there are only 25ish posts per page. Catching up took about twenty minutes (probably, this was the other day I can't remember exactly and I don't care enough to check). I almost never base my suspicions on mistakes, but rather on tone and word choice. It usually serves me well.

If you want to lynch me for a dumb mistake go ahead, but it would be a mistake.
being a newbie to this game, I've made mistakes in every game I plaed, and learned from them, but how does "tone and word choice" possibly help? is there a list of words to use if scum VS. town? since your experienced at this game I'd love to be educated on that! I figured most experienced players would have a good poker face and be consistant with tone and word choice in all games.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 am

Post by retrowiz »

iamausername wrote:
Mirth wrote:His correction was not necessary.
I completely agree.
Mirth wrote:Yet he did it anyways thinking it would effect how we view him.
Not so much.
@ Mirth, don't confuse newbie with scum.

thanks IAM for this post. I was trying to be accurate (possibly anal) to a fault clearly.

well at least it sparked a little conversation, is this the best conversation piece Mirth has to work with at this point.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:30 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth, not saying it would make me look better or worse, just clarifying things for you.

but good point regarding conversation topics, I've never started my own to date. I'll look into something here.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Mirth wrote:Strife you're making me a tad suspicious by calling the vote "obligatory." No one is obligating you to do anything. And the second part of it, where you make a joke, bothers me because your vote is clearly non-random, yet you're trying to play down your own reason (ditto with the obilgatory). I take no issue with voting for someone seriously for null tells, but I do take issue with not owning up to actions. This is what your post seems like to me.
I hear the random voting stage is for random voting.
Not random when you back it up with a reason, no matter how flimsy. And have I mentioned I hate RVS?
@ strife, the reason for your vote was cause I doubled up the vote count, and as Mirth pointed out, that is a real reason for a vote, not just random at that point. (sorry to hijack your point Mirth) but it is one that was never addressed back.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:50 am

Post by retrowiz »

@ farside whats with the focus on Sek? sure you touched on me and Azrael, but why hightlight Sek all the time? bias?
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:19 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
wow...mirth...you need to do somthing with your day other than this forum, unfortunatly I have a life and this game gets played when I have time...

then of course I make a point VS farside and you stick up for them...of course you attack others for quickly defending others, so why defending farside?!?!
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 am

Post by retrowiz »

retrowiz wrote:Mirth, not saying it would make me look better or worse, just clarifying things for you.

but good point regarding conversation topics, I've never started my own to date. I'll look into something here.
and it took me 17 mins to do so...sorry if it wasn't fast enough for you...opps I lied, I'm not sorry, but have fun on your vacation, I'm sure you deserve it!

of course it was so obvious a question that I asked that you answered for farside. why not farside answer the obv. question, since you asked me questions with obvious answers that everyone else seems to understand the answers too...I think that quick defence of farside is a little odd...either your scum partners, or a masons...I'll hold that verdict for a bit though.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:04 am

Post by retrowiz »

it says it right at the top of the first page...never noticed that...damn...
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:48 am

Post by retrowiz »

strife220 wrote:
sekinj wrote:on a side note: I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a he... I have a cute little cuddly kitty as my avatar... Plus a little pink gender sign... not a big deal, but it's weird how it happens in every game I play...
Kitten looks evil and manly to me. Grrrr.

I feel like this day is just started, but there's only 11 days to deadline - already time to start forming opinions.

My re-read leads me to
Unvote, Vote: Retrowiz
. Not really anything to do with the weird vote, unvote thing at the beginning.
This post set me off:
retrowiz wrote:
unvote
now that my origiginal vote is corrected I can remove it...never played a 7person game before...random voting is scary now.

first voter is suspicious.
second voter is bandwagoning
third voter is the l-1
fourth voter is hammer dropper
retrowiz wrote:@ mirth. Yup. my first post in this game I voted for sek for posting first, when it was actually strife who posted first. and yeah...for a smaller game I will change my voting pattern. hell all my strats change cause we're now in like a day 3 or 4 equivalent as opposed to the actual random stage we're in...assuming we are still random.

I will reserve my vote for actual suspects in this game, personally I am out of random stage. my hunt has begin.
I have a hard time believing he's sincere. I'd mark this down as 'over-acting to come across a townie' tell.

retrowiz wrote: @ Mirth, don't confuse newbie with scum.
Newbie card off the bat isn't very appropriate either. I know 'over-defensive' is a terrible scum-tell, but I think it holds some water in this context (plus, D1 cases suck).
Did I miss something or was THIS the case you built. "over-acting" and "over-defensive" I dont think theres anything to respond to...I'm not acting (yet scum and town would reply the same), and I'm defensive to participate. (WIFOM). hope that responds to the case you built.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 am

Post by retrowiz »

my question is why ask for an extension a week in advance...shouldn't that wait till a day or 2 before deadline max?
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:37 am

Post by retrowiz »

I figured you were questioning the actual need, I was questioning the timing of the question
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 am

Post by retrowiz »

first Mirth answers for Farside, then Farside answers for Mirth.
vote: Mirth
. but I could be easily convinced to switch to farside. 55/45 here
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:09 am

Post by retrowiz »

so am I compltely out of my mind for seeing them answering each other questions as a little odd?
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:47 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:
Azrael001 wrote: 10. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?

People act in certain ways when they are guilty, either too accusatory, or too defensive, or too nonchalant. Townies tend to be more relaxed and reasonable. Good scum know this and act accordingly. Either Sekinj is town or good at playing scum (in my opinion).
Why do I feel like I'm ICing a newbie game?

This depends entirely on the player. Some players change their playstyles, some don't. I tend to be foaming at the mouth no matter which side I'm on.
GFT ...took me awhile to learn that as a newbie. thought you disliked me for a random reason. maybe ya still do, but good to know it's not uncommon. I still love ya Mirth.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:52 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:
retrowiz wrote:
Mirth wrote:...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
wow...mirth...you need to do somthing with your day other than this forum, unfortunatly I have a life and this game gets played when I have time...

then of course I make a point VS farside and you stick up for them...of course you attack others for quickly defending others, so why defending farside?!?!
I do do something with my life, thank you very much. When you post, I'd prefer if you actually posted content as opposed to posting something along the lines of "hmmm posting content might be a good idea. i'll consider doing it."

How am I sticking up for Farside, exactly? I'm pointing out why she did it, since her reason is pretty obvious, where did you attack Farside that she needed defense? As far as I can tell you asked a question. I answered it because the answer was obvious.

Sek: being obviously in agreement with someone doesn't automatically exclude anyone from being a scum pair. Don't write us off so quickly.
the last comment here is what's keeping me on alert...it might be WIFOM but it's sticking front of my mind. if an answer is clearly obvious, let the person answer for themselves.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:24 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:I see, it's cop OR nurse and doctor OR Deputy. Yeah I guess we don't want to risk that.

My thinking was this: If the cop claims an no one counters that, we have one confirmed townie. The doctor (who I assumed existed) would protect him. We would then have the results of all of his investigations following. Essentially having an invincible cop right up until the doctor dies.

Should two people claim cop, we would then have one guaranteed scum. We then have a 50% chance of guessing right instead of a 14% chance of guessing right (barring all other circumstances). Even if we guess wrong we will then have a guaranteed scum the next day...

Of course this is a moot point as we may or may not have both a cop and a doctor.

@Iam I don't disagree with you, I just think that defending people is something that only someone with extra knowledge can safely do. Currently only the mob has knowledge of who is and isn't scum. Defending someone once is probably fine, but twice (or more) sets off warning bells for me.

Besides, if I was scum why would I vote for someone who has no votes? Mirth or retrowiz would be much better targets, setting them up for a hammer would be easy. I don't get scum vibes from them so I am not voting for them.

Wow, way to softclaim townie here. This post bothers me soooooo soooooo much. We don't know if you're innocent. Don't claim it.
Is the default claim not regular townie? Are we not all trying to convince everyone else that that is what we are?

Also, it is foolish to defend a team mate as
First of all, cop claiming D1 with no results is the stupidest thing ever. Really. If you are ever a cop in any game, please, please, please NEVER claim Day1 unless you are about to be lynched. Outing a powerrole to get a "confirmed" townie is not good. That powerrole might not even exist, and might out others. So this sounds like blatant role-fishing to me.

Townie is the default claim, but you have absolutely no reason to claim it until you are at L-1. Therefor your soft claim of "i'm so protown" is suspicous,
even l-1 day one I'd fight claiming it for awhile. Other wise, your banking on a doctor being present that night right?
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:26 am

Post by retrowiz »

unvote. Vote:AZ

for me I just dont like the comment for cop claiming coming out of nowhere..sure the concept is whacked out, but I just dont see where the train of thought appeared from.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:03 am

Post by retrowiz »

Not really much to say today. hard to supply analysis and compresension in day one. but AZ comment about cop claim just seems way too messed up to ignore.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 am

Post by retrowiz »

unless I'm wrong ago. we're at Lylo. on Day 2. this is the reason I said before 7 player game is scary. need some help from you guys with expreience. so far I looked at the person who down played 7 player game as scary. but that was strife.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 am

Post by retrowiz »

ok is that possible? you can be a deputy with no cop in the game?...that doesn't make any sence to me at all!!!
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:53 am

Post by retrowiz »

sekinj wrote:Well, I think most people are playing pretty good townie/scum hunters.

I am still suspicious of retro, but I will admit that maybe his newbieness just annoys me. So i'm going to ignore him for now.

I will admit that most of these seems weak, but this is all I have for now.

iam - for agreeing with me about retro. feels like buddying. Last time this happened to me, the other guy was scum. Iam also did it to Strife when strife said I was the most town player, who we know was town. He is also coaching in his post 17, which seems scummy.
far - always plays very townie, this time I think it's fake.
mirth - seems to have good agression tactics, sometimes goes off half cocked.

At this point, If the deputy has results, I think he/she should claim. I'm truthfully feeling a little lost otherwise....
deputy would only have info when cop dies right? if there is no cop to die doesn't that mean deputy would not have any powers hence no information?
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:01 am

Post by retrowiz »

my quick takes thus far. (considering my 2 biggest suspects died last night)

Farside and Mirth pairing, even thought it has lessened the defending of each other still happened.

Sek: afraid to drop the hammer near deadline..didn't want a lynch to happen? or didn't want to be seen as hammer dropper.

Iam: no read on you at this point. which scares me.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:12 am

Post by retrowiz »

@ farside the newbie card?!?!! I mentioned I was a newbie once in the game but not once have I used it at an excuse.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:54 am

Post by retrowiz »

My top Pairing is still
Mirth/Farside.
but I am adding Mirth/Sek second on my list.

I'm tempted to propose a strong look at voting Mirth since she seems to be on eveyones top pairings list. other than Sek, which doesn't seem to have any suspects.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:13 am

Post by retrowiz »

sekinj wrote:
retrowiz wrote: I'm tempted to propose a strong look at voting Mirth since she seems to be on eveyones top pairings list. other than Sek, which doesn't seem to have any suspects.
@retro: I believe that should be 'who' not 'which'... I am a conscious being after all. Oh, and you could try reading as well.

grammer not my strong point. deal with it. besides "sekinj" is that a name or object. who knows?

sekinj in Post 217 wrote: iam - for agreeing with me about retro. feels like buddying. Last time this happened to me, the other guy was scum. Iam also did it to Strife when strife said I was the most town player, who we know was town. He is also coaching in his post 17, which seems scummy.
are we to assume you see Iam as a suspect from this? is that as much conviction you ever have on lylo? I was hoping when you had a suspect it whould be more pointed than THAT!!
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:14 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:So that boils down to "mirth is suspicious because everyone else says so"? Great reason.
not even close Mirth...guess you havn't been reading...Mirth/Farside is a pairing I've seen for awhile.. I picked you out cause the others seem to agree with that part of the opinion at least.

nice try at diversion.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:36 am

Post by retrowiz »

sekinj wrote:
retrowiz wrote:grammer not my strong point. deal with it. besides "sekinj" is that a name or object. who knows?
Neither is BBcode apparently. And it's called a "username"; something unique that you make up to identify yourself online. Since I had to explain that to you, I'm assuming 'retrowiz' is your given name?
retrowiz wrote:
sekinj in Post 217 wrote: iam - for agreeing with me about retro. feels like buddying. Last time this happened to me, the other guy was scum. Iam also did it to Strife when strife said I was the most town player, who we know was town. He is also coaching in his post 17, which seems scummy.
are we to assume you see Iam as a suspect from this? is that as much conviction you ever have on lylo? I was hoping when you had a suspect it whould be more pointed than THAT!!
That is what a suspect list is... a list of suspects. And yes, iam is right there at the top of mine. You can even go back and look at it in context if you wish (it is Post 217 as referenced above). I didn't even bother listing you because I am the first to admit that my suspicions of you may well be completely biased by your utter noobility.

I can also wish that I had a better idea of who is scum, but at least I'm not just picking the common factor in everyone else's scum list.
wow...so I'm not a suspect of yours at all...thats quite impressive. and you are apparently not reading my posts either...such a waste of time.

@ Mirth buddying was my big reasoning for you but I'll look for more fresh stuff if I can, knowing that anything I find that has already been commented on shall be considered useless by all as well..lets see if there are any weak scraps left.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:53 am

Post by retrowiz »

I will be away till 22nd. I might be able to comment now and again, but sporatic at best.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:17 am

Post by retrowiz »

back!

and for me...Iam or Sek seems the vote...
he placed a vote out there with little fear of a scum hammer. only 2 pieces of info out of that.

1. he's part of the scum team and controls the hammer...
or
2. Sek is scum and there was no hammer to be made.

I've abandoned the Mirth/farside pairing, cause it's been a week and the conviction I had has wained. I may have been tunnel visioned. or perhaps right on the head, with no-one getting the same vibe.

I'm gonna kick myself if I was right on farside/mirth. but really hammer should have been down already if one of them were not scum
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:12 am

Post by retrowiz »

Fine...looks like I'll Claim.

hello all, let me intoduce myself I am Doc Retrowiz.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 am

Post by retrowiz »

my question to you all is...when Iam had Sek up for the offering...I had the chance to put him at L-1 hopeing farside would sign in soon for the hammer. instead I protected him, hoping that if I got voted off Sek would look prime for the lynch. also I kept Mirth and Farside pairing top to kind of protect both.

how did I do?!?!?!
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”